The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to lvl up *just* the Waframes quickly?

(PSN)Visor13

Question

Doesn't get more self-explanatory than this. How do you go about lvl capping the frames as quickly as your weapons? Because of how varied they are, I won't always be able to kill enemies with just their skills and get all the affinity. And if I were to do Spy missions, I'd rather 100% stealthy, but at the same time, I would waste more time trying to get stealth bonuses the whole way through. For those wondering, I'm raising an Inaros.

I haven't found a way to maximize frame affinity so I just do Helene/Onslaught/ect. and try to get as many kills as I can with whatever my best weapon loadout is if it doesn't have a good dps ability.

The equipped weapons/sentinel don't matter, Frame always gets 25% affinity from squadmate kills/objectives regardless (remaining 75% affinity gets split among weapons); but it gets 50% affinity from kills you make with one of your weapons so that's faster than just passively soaking in affinity unless there's a good nuke frame in the group.

Edited by Ailyene
Chart I tried to link apparently died

Use inaros at long survival run, play as their tanker with his 2,and 3 combo

Use 2 on strong enemies like heavy gunner , bombard,ancients

Use 3 for quick aoe kills but I highly recommend you to use the 2 on a few enemies first

And use rage because you get energy so much faster

Hold down inaros 4th untill 100% for more Amor and his one for emergency and quick health.

Or I suggest you to go and built a melee weapon that you won't like and put life strike on it and rage on inaros so when you get hurt you can go channel and get back the life

Personally, I unequip 2 weapons (just bring one weapon to minimize the XP being distributed) + (Unequip sentinel too if you want, but I want vacuum most of the time)

and go to normal santuary onslaught and play there with other players,

or bring heavily modded Ogris (or any other possible convenient AoE weapons) and kill everything stealthily at Sedna Rescue mission.

But the best way would be having a friend to help you, I believe. A friend bringing Equinox to Sedna exterminate mission, put enemies to sleep and you killing everything stealthily with a melee weapon with Naramon school's passive to increase melee kills XP. Hope it helps!

27 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Use 3 for quick aoe kills but I highly recommend you to use the 2 on a few enemies first

Is Sandstorm even that strong? It's more likely to fling enemies around than kill them. The first thing I had in mind was the blind build with range mods (including overextended).

Edited by (PS4)Visor13

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Visor13 said:

Is Sandstorm even that strong? It's more likely to fling enemies around than kill them. The first thing I had in mind was the blind build with range mods (including overextended).

His 3 is 500 base slash damage that is very strong and with good modding I can do 1-2k slash damage

I use it to clear out enemy in the void at the corridors or stay behind a door cause it go through obstacles and also you are immune to damage during it 

I've tried both Hydron Sedna and normal onslaught and they seem to be the same. Onslaught might be better if you got Vazarin affinity range buff, get boosted by Saryn or something else and have some luck with the zones.

I use Amprex with a good many forma build to level up and maximum tank build and vazarin dash self-heal on anything I level. It works, I don't die even with squishy frames with Arcane Guardian, you can get one of those pretty cheap for an arcane of that tier. And Djinn with Sacrifice + Reawaken + (Primed) Regen for when you might die, beats carrier and helios in my book.

7 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

I've tried both Hydron Sedna and normal onslaught and they seem to be the same. Onslaught might be better if you got Vazarin affinity range buff, get boosted by Saryn or something else and have some luck with the zones.

I use Amprex with a good many forma build to level up and maximum tank build and vazarin dash self-heal on anything I level. It works, I don't die even with squishy frames with Arcane Guardian, you can get one of those pretty cheap for an arcane of that tier. And Djinn with Sacrifice + Reawaken + (Primed) Regen for when you might die, beats carrier and helios in my book.

I’ve been eyeing off djinn lately.  Why use reawaken and primed regen together?

2 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

I’ve been eyeing off djinn lately.  Why use reawaken and primed regen together?

No reason apparently, other than saving your hide for more times in a short timespan at first because Primed Regen charges are used first. A failsafe mechanism if you happen to be more squishy than you think, and I didn't have anything better on that slot since I formaed it fully.

6 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

No reason apparently, other than saving your hide for more times in a short timespan at first because Primed Regen charges are used first. A failsafe mechanism if you happen to be more squishy than you think, and I didn't have anything better on that slot since I formaed it fully.

Does the setup work out as well as the theorycraft says it should?  Do you put regen or reawaken first in the queue?

5 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Does the setup work out as well as the theorycraft says it should?  Do you put regen or reawaken first in the queue?

It always uses Regen charges first no matter the order of mods in modding table, tested this myself a day ago. It works well enough for me since I use tank builds anyways.

As Ailyene pointed out your other gear doesn't matter.

My usual approach:

• Corrosive Projection (if the polarity fits), lotsa survival mods (when you level you can ignore your skills), Hand Spring and Speed Mods if your MR bonus allows for that.
  • Bringing my best weapons (or at least one if I level other weapons along)
  • Switch to Vazarin:  maxed Mending Unity (start skill) increases the affinity range by 25m at max level, that helps alot with stragglers who kill stuff away from the center or very high range kills by AoE frames.
  • Typical farm spots: Hydron on Sedna, Stöfler Lua, Kuva Survival (if you like to farm some Kuva along)
    Ti fill up the last 2-3 levels to 30 I often go to a high level Mobile Defense or do a few void fissure missions

What I do to get a frame from 0 to 30 in 25-30 minutes:

1. Equip only one good weapon which can kill quickly.

2. NO focus lenses on weapons or frames.

3. Go to SO

3.1 8 waves should get you in the 25-27 zone and another 3-4 to get to 30.

Seems to be somewhat faster than Hydron.

Ignore anyone who says that you should not bring any gear with a lens along. They are fundamentally misunderstanding how lenses work. Lenses only convert waste affinity and even then they only convert affinity that would have been wasted on the maxed out item in the first place. They will not have any effect whatsoever on what you are trying to level.

To level up a warframe, weapon , amp etc try to get as much affinity as possible. A placed often used is Hydron defense on Sedna. This is a small tile set. If you stand next to the defensive pod, do not run around one side or the other trying to be an mvp and get the most kills. This way you get the affinity from your kills, and,  this is the important part missed by most players, you get the shared affinity from ALL other kills on the map. The additional shared affinity far out ways the affinity you would get from any "missed" kills.

Per wiki:

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the split according to the general rule: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.

Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.

Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, distributed according to the general rule specified above. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This applies to Archwing mode with much larger ranges for shared affinity.

Use a Warframe/Archwing ability. Affinity equal to the base energy cost, in most cases.

As of Hotfix 19.5.4, it is still bugged. User gains no affinity from Warframe ability use.

No weapons equipped. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.

This applies when the only equipped weapons are overridden by ability-created ones. (E.g. Using Exalted Blade while only having a melee weapon equipped.)

Hack a terminal. 50 Affinity.

Complete an objective.

Complete a Challenge. 1,000 or 5,000 Affinity, depending on the particular challenge.

Collect an Affinity Orb. 100 Affinity.

Scanning with the Codex Scanner.

Scanning objects. 10 Affinity.

Scanning enemies. Affinity equal to 1/3 of gain upon killing the enemy (rounded down).

Stealth scan. Affinity equal to gain upon killing the enemy.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

My go-to is to run Dark Sector survivals on Uranus, using only melee (and any warframe abilities that can kill, as they unlock). Naramon passive helps with this for bonus melee affinity. A 20-40 minute run with an affinity booster can max a frame this way. However, it also requires very good equipment and enough mod capacity at level 1 to give your frame survivability.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi