The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favorite default skins

rastaban75

This topic probably comes up once in a while, but with the recent release of Chroma Prime I was wondering on the community members' views on which warframes have the best, in their own opinion, default skins either for the basic version or the prime version (where applicable). So design-wise mostly, which are your favorite skins?

Notice I'm talking about default skins, including helms, not deluxe, tennogen-created etc.

My favorite ones:

Basic frames: Mesa and Frost

Prime frames: Ash, Loki and Banshee

Good question! I really like the way Mynki originally designed Chroma (the Drac Helmet) since it actually shows the dragon pelt with the true nature underneath. The way the pelt is designed also makes sense with this helm since it's like someone took off the top half/back off a creature.

As for Primes, it's really tough as I feel that once Mynki and the Art team started to get comfortable, they all came out really well. I must say:

• Nekros: The repurpose of the binds as the wings with a withered Lotus petal as his mask, giving an Orokin Angel of Death vibe. Plus points due the Acanthus armor being styled after the Mortos binds connector.
  • Vauban: The base frame I always find boring, but Vauban (+Citadella Prime Syandana)? It's an incredible design that takes a lot of elements from the work derived from the actual Marqueis and combines them perfectly into a beautiful piece of work.
  • Banshee: Literally Mynki's top design alongside Umbra. And I am a Nekros fanboy, imagine me saying this.
  • Loki: I remember seeing him the first time back in 2014. The golden stripes in that white color scheme, with the Lotus symbol on his left chest... Man.
  • Ash: Mynki managed to reintroduce the ponytail pretty successfully and the way he looks armored is incredible.

As for the new Art team, they've only done 5 Primes including Chroma, but all of them have been really good (even though I have a couple quirks here and there). So yeah.

4 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

This topic probably comes up once in a while, but with the recent release of Chroma Prime I was wondering on the community members' views on which warframes have the best, in their own opinion, default skins either for the basic version or the prime version (where applicable). So design-wise mostly, which are your favorite skins?

Notice I'm talking about default skins, including helms, not deluxe, tennogen-created etc.

My favorite ones:

Basic frames: Mesa and Frost

Prime frames: Ash, Loki and Banshee

Banshee Prime, Valkyr Prime and Chroma Prime. 

20 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh wow look you’re wrong.

Who knocked on your kennel and asked for your opinion?

Basic Valkyr is one I really like, better than any other skins available for her imo. Nidus is really cool too.

As for primes, Volt Prime, Ash Prime, Chroma Prime and Mirage Prime look really good without any alternate equipment imo.

With alternate helmets from alerts I also really like Inaros with Anubis helmet and Rhino Prime with the Thrak helmet.

Also neither Prime nor basic frame, my honorable mentions go to Excalibur Umbra.

Edited by Floppinger

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Limbo Prime

Gotta admit, Limbo Prime is pretty sweet. He's so dapper and stylish that it physically hurts me that he feels terrible to play cuz I really want to just cuz of his appearance. ._.

As for most default possible (non-prime) Nezha. One of the few skinny male frames and actually has some muscle detail. He also doesn't have any awkward body proportions/shape like some do.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

I'm usually a Tennogen and Deluxe skin user, but there are a few that i like

for vanilla frames, I quite like Harrow and Gara. I run Graxx Harrow now but I still like his original look, and Gara's glass details are quite appealing to me.

Umbra Excalibur is really badass-looking, I've barely changed his color scheme for one of my loadouts and just deepened the balcks and fiddled with his gold Accents slightly. the scarf, while it gets in the way of glorious Syandanas, is still perfectly fine on it's own, I also love the Sunder helmet, it's so freaky!

for primes, I barely altered Vauban prime as his default is awesome, I think the angular look really suits him, making him look bulky and ominous yet also rather sleek at the same time. I don't yet have Chroma Prime, but I'll probably not change his color scheme much, and he looks a thousand times better than his vanilla or the Drevni Skin that i use. DE's art team knocked it out of the park once again, they better not let me down with mesa Prime this holiday season!