Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #220: Tonight at 7pm ET!

[DE]Megan

Hopefully they will fix the Twitch Drops this time. I have wasted time on 3x previous attempts to get the twitch drops to the correct account and still no help even with opening 3x tickets with support.

My main account is primelink on PS4 and that's linked to my Twitch Prime only

I also have primelink on Xbox One and primelink on PC/Steam. but for some odd reason only by Xbox gets drops. The Algorithm they use to select the game tag is broken and picks the first account that matches and not checking which platform it's matching too. I am truly getting frustrated by this. Support keeps saying canned response Sorry we cant help better luck next time. It's been 3x twitch drop events and no one can tell me why an account not linked to twitch gets drops and not my main logged in account?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Or you could farm said standing while having the stream playing on a tablet or phone? This way in that one hour you could get 12 relics instead of 9? 

I see no use in complaining to someone who is giving you something for free. Seems like a shame personally. 

Do you value your time?  If so then the reward is a payoff for investing an hour(ish) of your time.

I would posit that you should value both your time and others'.  So you have the stream in the background, demonstrating that their time has no value by not paying attention.  If you do have it open, and leech your way through the game based upon other peoples' effort, you demonstrate that you don't value others.  Neither option is really enticing.

I'm asking that the value of the stream's reward matches the required investment.  If they gave us 9 relics, I could watch the stream without thinking that I was wasting time.  If your argument is that it's free, so don't complain, then you don't value somebody. 

Heck, let's break this down.  Let's say you get 9 relics that are new.  Each relic requires 100 void traces, which I'll say only takes 40 minutes to farm on average.  9*40 = 360 minutes = 6 hours.  Now let's say each mission rewards you what you want 20% of the time.  This should factor out the rare and uncommon pool.  That means that for .8^9 = .134, which is 13.4% of the population, that 7+ hours literally rewards you nothing that you want.  So, 7+ hours to do the runs, 1 hour viewing, and you get either trade fodder (best case), or ducat trash.  This is the argument that your time needs to have value.

Now do this with 3 relics, chosen randomly from the pool.  Let's say that you have about a 6% (1/15) chance of getting a given relic.  That means to get 3 chosen relics you've got a 0.0296% draw chance, or 99.9104% chance against.  You've then got a 20% chance of getting something good.  0.999104*.8^3 = 0.0152% chance of getting 3 things you want.

1 in 2 people  (51.154%) will get literally nothing that they are looking for.   This also means 1 in 422298 people will get 3 items they desire.  Your chance of getting 3 good rewards is 2 in a million with some rounding.  

So, how little do you value your time?

At minimum wage, of 7.25 per hour, and with a 33% cut for taxation, you will make $80 in 16.5 hours of work.  Unless you're a one in billions coincidence, getting part time work will allow you to buy prime access and play with the items therein for a fraction of the grind time.  That is, assuming you don't just buy platinum and trade chat.

Somehow getting a white elephant gift is something to be lauded.  I disagree, and the math agrees with my side.  "Free" gifts often hide a huge opportunity cost with poor rewards.  This might be the core mechanic of Warframe, but that doesn't mean I have to praise the developers by stretching content with RNGs.  You shouldn't accept that either, least of all telling other people to be silent because "it's free."

58 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

Do you value your time?  If so then the reward is a payoff for investing an hour(ish) of your time.

I would posit that you should value both your time and others'.  So you have the stream in the background, demonstrating that their time has no value by not paying attention.  If you do have it open, and leech your way through the game based upon other peoples' effort, you demonstrate that you don't value others.  Neither option is really enticing.

I'm asking that the value of the stream's reward matches the required investment.  If they gave us 9 relics, I could watch the stream without thinking that I was wasting time.  If your argument is that it's free, so don't complain, then you don't value somebody. 

Heck, let's break this down.  Let's say you get 9 relics that are new.  Each relic requires 100 void traces, which I'll say only takes 40 minutes to farm on average.  9*40 = 360 minutes = 6 hours.  Now let's say each mission rewards you what you want 20% of the time.  This should factor out the rare and uncommon pool.  That means that for .8^9 = .134, which is 13.4% of the population, that 7+ hours literally rewards you nothing that you want.  So, 7+ hours to do the runs, 1 hour viewing, and you get either trade fodder (best case), or ducat trash.  This is the argument that your time needs to have value.

Now do this with 3 relics, chosen randomly from the pool.  Let's say that you have about a 6% (1/15) chance of getting a given relic.  That means to get 3 chosen relics you've got a 0.0296% draw chance, or 99.9104% chance against.  You've then got a 20% chance of getting something good.  0.999104*.8^3 = 0.0152% chance of getting 3 things you want.

1 in 2 people  (51.154%) will get literally nothing that they are looking for.   This also means 1 in 422298 people will get 3 items they desire.  Your chance of getting 3 good rewards is 2 in a million with some rounding.  

So, how little do you value your time?

At minimum wage, of 7.25 per hour, and with a 33% cut for taxation, you will make $80 in 16.5 hours of work.  Unless you're a one in billions coincidence, getting part time work will allow you to buy prime access and play with the items therein for a fraction of the grind time.  That is, assuming you don't just buy platinum and trade chat.

Somehow getting a white elephant gift is something to be lauded.  I disagree, and the math agrees with my side.  "Free" gifts often hide a huge opportunity cost with poor rewards.  This might be the core mechanic of Warframe, but that doesn't mean I have to praise the developers by stretching content with RNGs.  You shouldn't accept that either, least of all telling other people to be silent because "it's free."

While I appreciate your very very well thought out reply and also see your point, I would like to comment that I neither leech other players efforts nor the developers. Life has thought many ways of multitasking and I choose to use those skills. I simply insert a ear bud from my tablet and listen to the stream as most of the information I feel important can be gathered audibility while my eyes are focused on the game in which I would more than likely be playing during the time that DE is streaming Prime Time. Hence my view point of free. I will admit that I do normally re-watch the stream so I get see the cool fan art, costing me more of my time that I seem to valve a little less than you do. So thank you again for not taking my comment as a personal attack, we just have differing view points, also for your well thought out reply. 

could you alternate your time for dev streams a bit? central europe is kinda screwed every time... at least with a full time job and a kid.

the console streams that do not interest me in the slightest bit are on prime afterwork hours, but the devstream is always at 1am.

just switch it up from time to time. 

Soooooo....will I actually be able to get my Twitch drops this time unlike when you did it before with The Sacrifice drops? There was nothing easy about that DE....nothing AT ALL so I just said screw it & gave up...didn't even bother supporting the Partner Drop one since I didn't get the previous 2 drops at all even though I spent over 3 hours watching streams I cared nothing about. AND YES BEFORE YOU ASK MY WARFRAME ACCOUNT IS LINKED TO TWITCH!! You'd better not rip me off or waste hours of my time this time.

Archived