New Content or Mass Bug Fixes and QoL?

Mataeru

I've read patch notes for every update since I discovered the Warframe forums back in 2016, and in every set there's a divided audience between loving the new content and wanting more bug fixes to repair the sorely broken elements of the game itself.

I will admit, the bug fixes that DE releases with each update and hotfix are nice, but in the grand scope of things, they feel kinda like Band-Aids.

The purpose of this post is to see who would be in favor of the following options(?) (Provided they aren't already doing so)

1. Should DE halt new content production for x number of months and focus solely on fixing bugs and improving QoL? And resume content production after the bug fix phase?

2. Should DE continue the way they have been? Releasing emergency bug patches for the biggest of problems with hotfixes and new content updates.

Said before hundreds of times. Will be said a hundred more. The Devs balance both new content and bugfixing and updating old content. Right now there are complaints that we're in a content drought. When the content drops, there will be complaints about no fixes. No one is satisfied and they never see that both happen every patch.

EDIT: Option 1 will definitely kill waframe. They should stick with option 2 because it's been working for almost 5 years now and Warframe has only grown with that method. See?

51 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Said before hundreds of times. Will be said a hundred more. The Devs balance both new content and bugfixing and updating old content. Right now there are complaints that we're in a content drought. When the content drops, there will be complaints about no fixes. No one is satisfied and they never see that both happen every patch.

EDIT: Option 1 will definitely kill waframe. They should stick with option 2 because it's been working for almost 5 years now and Warframe has only grown with that method. See?

Fair point. I tend to forget the flip floppity nature of people.

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

Option 1 will definitely kill waframe.

I have to disagree. If proper QoL occurred, we would see a proper progression system added beyond Mastery Rank, and systems like Riven Mods could hold players for years if they were done right. The reason your statement is true is because there is no long term content, only "bite sized" as they call it. If you change this dynamic, you would expose the problems and address them. 

Option one would kill the game only if the dynamic of the game itself was left the same. Plenty of existing mission types and content could be reworked into a long term/end game system.

Archived