Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 14 - Accepted Items! 

[DE]Taylor

Really, really, really upset that the Night Hunter Nidus Skin and Syndana didn't make the 14th cut. Dearly hoping that it makes the 15th, cause letting that collect dust in the Steam Workshop... is the definition of sin. Not to mention the Khora Mithra and Wukong Mithra skins.

Otherwise, both the Gara and Graphical Walrus Equinox skins are hawt stuff. Can't wait to fashionframe the feck outta my Gara and Equinox.

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Is that actually your problem? You have nothing to do with it anyway. It's not they're ough to inform anyone, let alone regular players.

No it actually makes perfect sense because guess what. Barely anyone plays those frames. Barely anyone buys those skins anyway. And that's why popular skins are made. Because creators play those popular frames. it's not a rocket science.

firstly - they state that you only need to follow/read the guide lines, but most details about art style (allowed/not allowed) are not disclosed there, did u even read everything i said? 

second - Equinox, Zephyr and Nyx are not warframes most players use, still they got tennogen skins
also by your definition of "only adding skins to warframes people play" then most of the player base ONLY plays Excalibur? or only mag? or only valkyr? 
they have tons of skins

sorry need to try harder next time ok?

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

Am 29.9.2018 um 22:17 schrieb A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n:

They don't communicate as much as you think they do. 

u dont know how much i imagine them to communicate...and they do in fact so...u cant expect them to spend hours discussing someone's creation whilst having to meet the expectations of players for new content and whatnot...

On 2018-09-28 at 8:33 PM, Brachion said:

Really disappointed that the Nidus Night Hunter skin/syandana didn't make it in. They're top-notch, and the syandana is positioned so that it doesn't block your field of view.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Look at this amazingness! How could you pass this by, DE?

Copyright strike by Valve XD

18 часов назад, -.SP.-G43riel сказал:

firstly - they state that you only need to follow/read the guide lines, but most details about art style (allowed/not allowed) are not disclosed there, did u even read everything i said? 

Art style just like any art is subjective. Most works as it is now that aren't accapted aren't accepted because of "real" issues like model not working properly.

But evne so if your works aren't accepted in a year+ maybe it's time try to create something else from what you usually do. Instead of stubbornly thinking "well THIS si clearly grineer and yall who don't agree with me are dumb, you're really really dumb"

Цитата

second - Equinox, Zephyr and Nyx are not warframes most players use, still they got tennogen skins

Shtton of players use Equinox. There are some exception from those rules of being the most popular but that's how it goes and that's why Excal have prolly most of those.

Zephyr after her rework isn't completely awful and has her place a poor man's archwing in PoE.

Speaking of Nyx, she's basically female excal and probably one of the easiest to model because she, just like Excalibur, has little to no weird parts or armaments of her own (like Inaros' dog nipples or hole in the pelvis or Nezha's clown feet and rings slapped everywhere on him). I also seldom play Nyx but I've bough like 2 tennogen or so, but her model is ideal for modeling, you an turn her into anything from Alien style abomination to a greek insiped goddess. Mag is in the same basket. Not really popular, but very easy to make her look freaking gorgeous. She has one of the best helmets in the whole game as well.

Point is. Stop crying, no one owes you anything. You should be glad you have tennogen in the first palce instead of acting like a bunch of spoiled 5 years olds and throwing temper tantrums. Otherwise 2 to 3 deluxes in a year would be all you've ever gotten.

Edited by -Temp0-

6 hours ago, Xydeth said:

u dont know how much i imagine them to communicate...and they do in fact so...u cant expect them to spend hours discussing someone's creation whilst having to meet the expectations of players for new content and whatnot...

You completely miss what I'm saying, but that's to be expected.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n:

You completely miss what I'm saying, but that's to be expected.

Am 29.9.2018 um 22:17 schrieb A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n:

yeah i guess ur right. that essay sure was heavy stuff~

On 2018-09-30 at 11:58 PM, SerinVeya said:

Yatus STILL getting completely blueballed again. His Ion series has been more creative than the tiring onslaught of Graxx skins, and yet, DE won't let me throw money at him. C'mon, guys.

I think that the problem of yatus are the textures. I really like his works but the models aren't detailed enough 80% of the time.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)cleefsentence:

I think that the problem of yatus are the textures. I really like his works but the models aren't detailed enough 80% of the time.

ive been waiting for his nION syandanna specifically for quite a while now...next month it will be on steam for 1 year considering it was posted 6th of novemeber 2k17 and ive been viewing new tennogen submissions on steam regularly so ive waiting since then basically...cant understand why its not yet in the game. sure its basically just a hooded cape and the only argument against it that i could imagine if being just that was legit critique, but i still wonder. the stuff thats gotten into the game so far has been nice, aside from maybe 1 or 2 where i would disagree but that also doesnt mean that there were no items i would have preferred. one is that cape and i really dont get it why its not yet in the game. 

i can see what u mean by textures, just checked it again to see what u mean specifically since his works arent high on my personal list of WANT! and i have to agree. it does look nice but now that u mentioned its too simple i'd agree. i think the issue here is the comparison with other items where the texture work is much more detailed, not his works on their own. i can only guess too, so...we can still hope, right ?

Equinox Divisa skin ❤️ What a beauty! 
Thank you so much DE for accepting it into Tennogen round 14. I was really hoping this would make its way into the game for me to use! So excited for it to land in game now

disappointed  with the nidus skins not getting through as well as some syandanas and operator cosmetics I had my eye on - I'll skip this round as nothing really jumps out for me this time, I'll have to see if nighthunter nidus or anything else I had my eye on gets approved next round (if its true they will be given a second chance, I waited an age for excalibur exaltation, I can wait for these if I must)

my own shoutouts for Nidus Nighthunter+syandana, Nidus blade of the lotus, Aures operator accessory, Ion Operator Accessories, Excal and atlas blade of the lotus, Fox operator accessories, Ivara Astrea, Legionis operator and Ion Frost - all of which I hope might get a second chance to get in because these are all fantastic pieces, kudos to the creators 

Edited by ExaltedHysteria

On 2018-10-02 at 12:00 PM, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Doesn't need to be smothered in detail to be a good skin. Sometimes simplicity is better. Quality has been fine for a long a while now, when it comes to Yatus's skins.

3 hours ago, Geraion said:

Doesn't need to be smothered in detail to be a good skin. Sometimes simplicity is better. Quality has been fine for a long a while now, when it comes to Yatus's skins.

Seems that DE doesn't think that way about tennogen. Lately he's getting better with the textures (about designs i prefer the old works tho) but the quality that DE pretends seems on another level, just see the works of lukinu, faven, hitsu san.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

On 2018-09-29 at 2:39 PM, -.SP.-G43riel said:

1st- A problem is that its hard to understand how they judge things, specially when they talk about "art style not fitting with the game", as there's a lot of weird crazy art style that have been accepted but others dont.

This is tricky -- the team who judges TennoGen items are all artists (and me who just nods along and takes notes), so they have an incredible knowledge of the game's visual language. Crazy art style pieces that get accepted are the ones that are successful at fusing their style with the Warframe aesthetic. Being able to identify the nuances is a learned skill. We do our best to work with creators who do out-of-universe pieces to help bring them closer to the Warframe style (BeastBuster for example, and Mz-3 especially with their Nidus skin) but those conversations are held privately.

Creators are more than welcome to talk about the requested changes of course, but that's their decision. 

On 2018-09-29 at 2:39 PM, -.SP.-G43riel said:

3rd - some warframes have tons of skins/helmets and still keep having new stuff added to them, instead of taking priority of others which have none. 

I'll speak for everyone on the team* when we say that more content diversity in the program is definitely welcomed! A large part of this comes down to what the creators want to make, as well as the technical work needed for some complex Warframes like Nidus or Equinox. We do our best to offer help and advice to creators tackling the more difficult Warframes but understandably less creators are going to make pieces for them due to the extra time investment. 

On 2018-09-29 at 4:17 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It's true that we aren't able to offer feedback on every piece, but we do our best to leave comments on creations that hold a lot of potential (especially ones that bring a fresh new interpretation of the Warframe aesthetic), or that are fairly close to acceptance pending technical/style changes. 

As much as we'd love to leave comments on all submissions, it's a tricky balancing act of time and resources! With that said, we have over 15 pages of feedback that we're hoping to send out this week. :) 

3 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Seems that DE doesn't think that way about tennogen. Lately he's getting better with the textures (about designs i prefer the old works tho) but the quality that DE pretends seems on another level, just see the works of lukinu, faven, hitsu san.

Subjectivity.

That said, I still def. think that the stewardesse Nova and k-pop Octavia skins were not fitting to be let in. But here we are. And I am almost willing to bet money that they were let in because the fanbase was largely very ...insistant.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

It's true that we aren't able to offer feedback on every piece, but we do our best to leave comments on creations that hold a lot of potential (especially ones that bring a fresh new interpretation of the Warframe aesthetic), or that are fairly close to acceptance pending technical/style changes. 

As much as we'd love to leave comments on all submissions, it's a tricky balancing act of time and resources! With that said, we have over 15 pages of feedback that we're hoping to send out this week. 🙂

Thank you greatly Taylor. I think what causes the most frusteration is a lack of dialogue or a feeling of not acknowledging concerns. While that may still exist being given a more honest explination like this helps ease the minds of a lot of players.

On 2018-09-28 at 2:01 PM, Sahiratu said:

Aw, I was expecting for Atlas and Nidus Blade of the Lotus and Nidus Nighthunter, so I could throw money at my screen... But well, one of my favorite got accepted!! Limbo Graxx is one of the most amazing skins I have ever seen! 11/10

If it's any collation the Tengushen sword is part of the set 🙂

I can't wait either I want that shield syndana