Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 14 - Accepted Items! 

[DE]Taylor

TennoGen Round 14 - Accepted Items! 

Round 14 is here, featuring some brand new TennoGen content and creators! If you missed it, this year at TennoCon we announced that we’d be adding new weapon meshes, and Operator accessories to the program!

This is the first round with this new content, so let’s just jump right into it!

Warframe Skins

Warframe Helmets

Weapon Skins

Operator Accessories

Syandanas

Spoiler

If you have a favourite item that didn’t make it, don’t fret! There’s a good chance we’ll be working with the creator to help get it across the finish line. Usually technical or stylistic issues are the main cause for rejection, but we do our best to help pieces with great promise get accepted to the game. 

Congratulations to everyone who got a piece in this round!
:community:

EDIT: A last-minute creation has ended the ring! The Ion Greatsword Skin by Yatus and IgnusDei is also being included in this Round. Congrats to them both! :) 

Really disappointed that the Nidus Night Hunter skin/syandana didn't make it in. They're top-notch, and the syandana is positioned so that it doesn't block your field of view.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Look at this amazingness! How could you pass this by, DE?

Edited by Brachion

Aw, I was expecting for Atlas and Nidus Blade of the Lotus and Nidus Nighthunter, so I could throw money at my screen... But well, one of my favorite got accepted!! Limbo Graxx is one of the most amazing skins I have ever seen! 11/10

Edited by Sahiratu

38 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Really disappointed that the Nidus Night Hunter skin/syandana didn't make it in. They're top-notch, and the syandana is positioned so that it doesn't block your field of view.

9 minutes ago, Sahiratu said:

Aw, I was expecting for Atlas and Nidus Blade of the Lotus and Nidus Nighthunter, so I could throw money at my screen... But well, one of my favorite got accepted!! Limbo Graxx is one of the most amazing skins I have ever seen! 11/10

there's always next time...
we can only hope

36 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Yeah, really disappointment that this wasn't accepted. Plus would've loved to see the Nidus Blade of the Lotus skin.

37 minutes ago, Brachion said:

As indicated in the original post, if an item was passed up, it's usually due to technical or stylistic conflicts. We love love love Mz-3 -- we've worked with them many times before, and they are an incredibly talented creator. They'll be getting feedback from us to help get this piece ready for next Round. 

38 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Was it actually declined or did it not make the timeline cutoff? Skins have been delayed in the past because of issues that need to be addressed on the designer's side before they can be added.

I had high hopes for the Lumis Visor and at least one Nidus skin...Night Hunter/Blade of the Lotus

Oh well. I kinda just wish we had...more infomation about what exactly is and isn't approved, currently it's kinda just hit and miss, a creator gets told and none of us really get that chance to learn from it. I think the only solid "rules" are no prime looking things and no actual warframe cosmetics that look too human.

btw, I'd advise making sure Operator cosmetics are hidden to players who haven't completed the Second Dream.

Overall I have to say I'm not too hyped over the current item listings, nothing that grabs my attention too much.

not bad this round! 👍, lack of syandanas is a little disappointing but its nice to see some older works finally get accepted, also the wonderful equinox skins 🙂 still some gems i wouldve liked to have seen that did not get in, like the various nidus skins, atlas blade of the lotus, and alot more lol, but theres always next round!

23 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Oh well. I kinda just wish we had...more infomation about what exactly is and isn't approved, currently it's kinda just hit and miss, a creator gets told and none of us really get that chance to learn from it. I think the only solid "rules" are no prime looking things and no actual warframe cosmetics that look too human.

There's quite a bit of literature on this actually, which can be found here: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/ 

The Basic Art Guide and Reasons for Rejection are great resources if you're looking to create for TennoGen yourself. I also highly recommend comparing before/after versions of accepted pieces that received a lot of feedback from us (the Ascophillia, the Zamariu, etc.) to see what changed. 

16 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There's quite a bit of literature on this actually, which can be found here: https://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/ 

The Basic Art Guide and Reasons for Rejection are great resources if you're looking to create for TennoGen yourself. I also highly recommend comparing before/after versions of accepted pieces that received a lot of feedback from us (the Ascophillia, the Zamariu, etc.) to see what changed. 

i believe they are reffering about as how some crazy skin styles are or were accepted
But some others aren't
Like where is the limit for skins in order to not cross it and actually fit within the game style artistically to be accepted

that's something hard to pinpoint most of time, specially when reading the guide and checking skins that were previously accepted
because one would think, by reading said guide and following those rules, that some of them should have never been accepted

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

I obviously won't have the best feedback until they're out, but...

One issue I have with the Operator cosmetics is that a lot of them completely obscure the part of the face they're for - in fact, all of the facial cosmetics aside from the Garasu do. And even the Garasu is only a little transparent.

I'd like to see some more like the Osseus Jaw or the Corpa Augments in future - stuff that highlights and enhances the face whilst still letting it be visible.

They're all great pieces, and each totally deserved their place, but they're all from a specific aesthetic - hiding the Operator's identity - which doesn't work as well with less mysterious Operator fashion.

On 2018-09-28 at 3:56 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

That doesn't help when Tennogen artists are regularly left in the dark with regards to which criteria their content doesn't meet. Content that fits within Warframe's art styles is rejected all the time, while content that looks like generic fantasy is accepted. There does not seem to be an actual standard that is followed. Even a basic letter-based tagging system that could identify why an item is rejected, without requiring detailed feedback, would be helpful. But right now, very few creators receive feedback while the rest are left in the dark.

Pointing players and artists to accepted pieces that have "received a lot of feedback" is also completely useless, because 1) very few creators are so privileged by DE to receive such feedback and 2) it is not apparent which items have received that feedback. Not only that, but on the few pieces where creators have acknowledged receipt of feedback, the changes range from minor normal map alterations to major redesigns, so suggesting that as some guide for artists is useless.

Overall, the lack of feedback or any indicator of what is wrong with items does a disservice to artists and the community as a whole. It does nothing to counter the perception that the selection of content is based on personal favoritism more than on clear standards/criteria or on player support for items through Steam's voting system. All of this has made the Tennogen program much worse than it was when it began, despite the increase in quality (which comes in spite of how the program has been handled, not because of it).

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

13 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I apologize then, I spoke out of turn and it was unfair.

I just don't quite get why the Lumis Visor didn't get a chance. Just seemed like the exact kind of cosmetic I wanted, stuff that feels asexual and doesn't obscure the face like most of the stuff in this round were. Was it considered too "modern" for looking like the front of a cap? I apologize for coming off rude but that is kinda the first and only operator cosmetic I really wanted to get a hold of.

54 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I apologize then, I spoke out of turn and it was unfair.

I just don't quite get why the Lumis Visor didn't get a chance. Just seemed like the exact kind of cosmetic I wanted, stuff that feels asexual and doesn't obscure the face like most of the stuff in this round were. Was it considered too "modern" for looking like the front of a cap? I apologize for coming off rude but that is kinda the first and only operator cosmetic I really wanted to get a hold of.

It most certainly looks way too modern. It's literally a topless cap, sun glasses, and modern ear rings, even if it's made to look sci fi. Nothing else in Warframe looks like that. It's basically pop culture. But DE only has themselves to blame for encouraging lukinu_u to make that kind of content, because they accepted his microphone-style polearm skin, which was also a modern/pop culture reference. That's my problem with the inconsistency displayed by the Tennogen team. They claim to uphold a standard, but in practice, it just looks like they accept whatever they personally like, not what meets their standards/criteria, or is popular, or will bring in a lot of money. There does not seem to be any objectivity in their selection process, only subjectivity based on their own tastes. That's why it would be helpful to have a standardized way for them to publicly identify why certain items are rejected, even if it's a simple letter-based label that is used.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n