Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 14 - Accepted Items! 

[DE]Taylor

On 2018-10-10 at 12:43 AM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Does it look like a hammer? Cuz if it doesn't look like a hammer, then no amount of modding will make it an actual hammer. You all come up with the most ridiculous excuses for not having more content. It's like you're afraid DE doesn't approve of the idea, so you immediately try to shut it down. I just don't understand why you feel the need to try to diminish or counter the desire to see more hammer skins accepted.

whaaa? Yes, it looks like a hammer and what the heckin heck are you rambling about? I'd love to see tennogen work on zaws, would big a bigger incentive for me to use them.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, I was very clear in explaining that Gara skin, then out of nowhere you went into a tangent about transformer skins for Warframes.

if you can't understand basic similes and metaphors then I can't help you. My point was: this unrelated thing is cool but that doesn't make it usable or cool in the context of warframe.

Now that I've been ridiculously literal and carefully explained the point to you, maybe you'll learn some manner, frenlo.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

if you can't understand basic similes and metaphors then I can't help you. My point was: this unrelated thing is cool but that doesn't make it usable or cool in the context of warframe.

Now that I've been ridiculously literal and carefully explained the point to you, maybe you'll learn some manner, frenlo.

But Gara genuinely looks like an alien samurai.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

whaaa? Yes, it looks like a hammer and what the heckin heck are you rambling about? I'd love to see tennogen work on zaws, would big a bigger incentive for me to use them.

You didn't mention which kind of zaw. You said the following:

On 2018-10-10 at 12:31 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

A zaw built right will make a perfectly good hammer weapon. I know my zaw dokrahm heavy blade is crazy fast when I get combos going and it crits nonstop. (never seen a purple crit from it, but usually no one is boosting it, a ton of red crits though.)

"zaw built right will make a perfectly good hammer weapon." The lack of specification implies a focus more on function than on appearance. You then went on to mention a heavy blade zaw, indicating that you weren't talking about zaws that looked like hammers. Your focus was on function. That's why I replied the way I did. Your comment suggests that @(PS4)laygen shouldn't ask for hammer skins because there are weapons that function well enough for that. You're belittling or diminishing his request by suggesting it is essentially redundant given the presence of "[zaws] built right". But laygen isn't asking for weapons that function well enough to be strong like hammers.

Laygen is asking for skins that look like hammers. To respond to his request with a statement that zaws are sufficient for what he's looking for is to dismiss his request altogether. That's what you were doing. Your comment had the effect of saying, "What you want is already in the game, so don't ask for that," and that's why I responded the way I did. You don't need to try to shut down his request or try to make it look unnecessary. You don't need to try to give him a solution that will make him not want what he's asking for. Clearly, what makes a "perfectly good hammer weapon" for laygen isn't the build of the weapon, but the appearance of the weapon. He's already determined that. You don't need to try to determine that for him.

As well, laygen's comment had nothing to do with Tennogen working on zaws, but about seeing hammers skins and tonfa skins for hammer weapons and tonfa weapons.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

On 2018-10-16 at 8:28 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

You didn't mention which kind of zaw. You said the following:

"zaw built right will make a perfectly good hammer weapon." The lack of specification implies a focus more on function than on appearance. You then went on to mention a heavy blade zaw, indicating that you weren't talking about zaws that looked like hammers. Your focus was on function. That's why I replied the way I did. Your comment suggests that @(PS4)laygen shouldn't ask for hammer skins because there are weapons that function well enough for that. You're belittling or diminishing his request by suggesting it is essentially redundant given the presence of "[zaws] built right". But laygen isn't asking for weapons that function well enough to be strong like hammers.

Laygen is asking for skins that look like hammers. To respond to his request with a statement that zaws are sufficient for what he's looking for is to dismiss his request altogether. That's what you were doing. Your comment had the effect of saying, "What you want is already in the game, so don't ask for that," and that's why I responded the way I did. You don't need to try to shut down his request or try to make it look unnecessary. You don't need to try to give him a solution that will make him not want what he's asking for. Clearly, what makes a "perfectly good hammer weapon" for laygen isn't the build of the weapon, but the appearance of the weapon. He's already determined that. You don't need to try to determine that for him.

As well, laygen's comment had nothing to do with Tennogen working on zaws, but about seeing hammers skins and tonfa skins for hammer weapons and tonfa weapons.

Sorry I'm not reading a small essay where you make assumptions about my comments and blah blah I don't care.

On 2018-10-16 at 5:57 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

huh? You are making no sense. I think I was fairly clear

uh, you kinda weren't when you started talking about transformers...

really wondering where the skins are though, really wanna see my girl Gara in that shiny new suit!

41 minutes ago, irisillych said:

uh, you kinda weren't when you started talking about transformers...

really wondering where the skins are though, really wanna see my girl Gara in that shiny new suit!

like I said, to understand the post you need to be comfortable with parallel examples, and/or similes and metaphors. Then the waters will part and my post will make good sense.

I get that you guys reeeeeally like the skin for some reason, and I respect your "right" to your opinions. My opinion is just different. No shade, brah.

7 hours ago, Ashley_Emeric said:

If only Gara didn't have that silly cod piece. Sometimes I wonder about DEs design choices. 

Cod pieces on female frames (like Zephyr) are very questionable imo. They clearly like certain body parts. I mean, look at the shape of the Grineer Galleon. Look at the Ostron drawing of the Cetus tower. Look at certain Warframes. I think it's a bit too much. It's their right to design things however they want, but it almost seems like an obsession.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

On 2018-10-18 at 2:32 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

Sorry I'm not reading a small essay where you make assumptions about my comments and blah blah I don't care.

TL;DR:
You're focusing on function, saying that because there are good hammer zaws that we don't need hammer skins. Laygen isn't asking for good hammers,
he was asking for good hammer skins that look like hammers. (Also you should take time to read counter-arguments, that one was only 2 paragraphs. Don't be lazy, READ.)

On 2018-10-19 at 5:38 PM, JorgeJoestar said:

TL;DR:
You're focusing on function, saying that because there are good hammer zaws that we don't need hammer skins. Laygen isn't asking for good hammers,
he was asking for good hammer skins that look like hammers. (Also you should take time to read counter-arguments, that one was only 2 paragraphs. Don't be lazy, READ.)

I never said that and expressed a desire to see tennogen skins allowed on zaws because hey, if you spend real life money then you should be able to show off your prize. I don't know where you got that from, probably an attempt to be "Scientific and logical" as per the common excuses.

I don't really deserve your attacks on this subject. I'm aware of my feelings on the matter, and don't need them twisted up and made nefarious.

I am a very good reader thanks. but I try to save my brainpower for posts that aren't deriding me due to misreading and judging my intentions off of very little.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I never said that and expressed a desire to see tennogen skins allowed on zaws because hey, if you spend real life money then you should be able to show off your prize. I don't know where you got that from, probably an attempt to be "Scientific and logical" as per the common excuses.

I don't really deserve your attacks on this subject. I'm aware of my feelings on the matter, and don't need them twisted up and made nefarious.

I am a very good reader thanks. but I try to save my brainpower for posts that aren't deriding me due to misreading and judging my intentions off of very little.

Hey, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what was said, I'm just giving a tl;dr since you said you wouldn't read it, and that if you're arguing a point, you should take the time to read replies directed at you.

4 hours ago, JorgeJoestar said:

Hey, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what was said, I'm just giving a tl;dr since you said you wouldn't read it, and that if you're arguing a point, you should take the time to read replies directed at you.

I'm not obligated to read anything I don't want to. I'm not even sure at this point if I was "arguing" a point to begin with. 

3 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Just an unrelated question.

When is the Tennogen Round 14 coming to PC?

My wallet is ready for Tengushen Sword.

I echo this question, as I hunger for the Cerberus Collection with the Nekros Charon Skin, Styx Syandana and Hades Tonfa Skin... It's groovy!

3 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Is there an estimated release date anywhere or am I being a blind fool not seeing it? It has been nearly a month already since these were accepted.

No date yet.  They are busy getting Fortuna out in 2 weeks so who knows.  I can't really see them going 2 weeks without any kind of update so it might come before that.