Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #117!

[DE]Rebecca

That cave looked really cool!

Suggestion regarding the color of the footsteps, make them Revenant green. Will make them quite visible among the blue-ish snow and the orange plants.

Also, no mention of the Elite Alerts? Did something happen?

(Oh, and, didn't get a twitch drop either, even though I got one last night during Prime Time.)

These Devstreams just keep getting more disappointing. Why say you're going to show us something new like the Kit Guns when you barely even touch on it? I was really hoping to see what the different parts do and what stats they give, not a quick "Yeah, I like these parts" followed by pretty much not using the gun.

The one thing I was happy to hear was DE admitting there's definitely a content drought, so now the White Knights can't say we're just picking and choosing what we consider content. For being so busy with Fortuna and the like to give us new playable content though, you sure seem to have enough time to give us platinum cosmetics, lighting updates, Dojo decorations, and Frame Fighter.

Just now, Fukushu said:

These Devstreams just keep getting more disappointing. Why say you're going to show us something new like the Kit Guns when you barely even touch on it? I was really hoping to see what the different parts do and what stats they give, not a quick "Yeah, I like these parts" followed by pretty much not using the gun.

The one thing I was happy to hear was DE admitting there's definitely a content drought, so now the White Knights can't say we're just picking and choosing what we consider content. For being so busy with Fortuna and the like to give us new playable content though, you sure seem to have enough time to give us platinum cosmetics, lighting updates, Dojo decorations, and Frame Fighter.

Dude did you see Fotuna?!! That place is going to be hectic bro..! Content drought is a small price to pay. We'll get to dicsover the Kitguns and everything ourselves. I was worried we were going to get another half hour poop hunt though. Also Frame Fighter came out for Tennocon so they already had it prepped to put in the game.

*sigh*

Asking us for questions and then addressing literally none of them is very discouraging. If that's the plan for future devstreams, that's fine. But don't ask the players for their thoughts if you intent is to pretend they didn't happen. More kdrive, hunting, and map nonsense.

Let me explore and enjoy Fortuna when it comes and focus more on the things we keep asking about. Some mystery is fine, but when you openly admit to a content drought due to the large amount coming, at least show that you're taking an interest to players concerns outside of content. 

I've very disappointed in the devstream, once again. Maybe next time.....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Stronok said:

Dude did you see Fotuna?!! That place is going to be hectic bro..! Content drought is a small price to pay. We'll get to dicsover the Kitguns and everything ourselves. I was worried we were going to get another half hour poop hunt though. Also Frame Fighter came out for Tennocon so they already had it prepped to put in the game.

Oh, no, I'm actually very impressed with Fortuna and can't wait to set foot onto Orb Vallis (I think that's what it's called), but I'm disappointed that this is now two Devstreams in a row of a "Coming soon" post mentioning what would be talked about, only for the actual Devstream to come and either not mention it at all (a la Melee 3.0 in the last Devsrteam where they could've at least told us some plans they had as opposed to "Yeah, we've had a change of plans in what we're doing, so we won't even bother talking about any of it") or completely blow over one of the supposed topics of discussion (like today's Kit Gun "example").

I think I'm mostly just salty because this year has been very slow with very few real additions (even The Sacrifice was kind of disappointing in regards to the three years we waited). hopefully 2019 will make for 2018's "Year of the Drought", or as I've been calling it, "Year of the Cosmetics".

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Stronok said:

It's not a small price to pay. We've gotten very little actual content since PoE dropped compared to previous years. A lot of people I know, including myself, are playing other games and I know a handful of them don't plan to come back. Droughts show how reliant this game is on a constant drip feed of new toys and things to grind.

If the new annual dev cycle is 90% focus on next open world map with a small scattering of new frames/weapons every now and then, idk if I like that.

I obviously don't know the real situation across the full playerbase, but I've lost more playing buddies this year than in all past years combined. If that's at all a reflection of the general community, that's a bad thing.

Archived