Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #117!

[DE]Rebecca

33 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Didn't watch it and I already know it was 60% K-Drives 39% animal crap and 1% Kitguns. 

20% Tennogen, 10% railjack concept (Something clearly we dont need right now), 10% New gas station map, 0.5% Kitguns(This was the main subject of the stream BTW), 50% K-Drives, 9% between drop sortie and i stopped the moment i see REB push to the limit with lie that people wanted S#&$ HUNT. 

They promote KitGuns build up and the time they show them was 42:27 to 43:27: 1 minute of non useful and relevant information more than names of parts. No material needed, no Bp req, no standing req, nothing. just 49 sec of screen.

Watched it till the point they started to do the k-drive thing and stop.. im looking for “war”frame content, not “pro skater”frame.. the first week it got me excited, the second week i still got the vibe, but the rest of it, well i dont know if the dev really trying to turn this game into pro skater, monster hunter, or something else.. their focus got shifted more into k-driving and hunting stuff rather than base “war”frame content, which i believe is more than half of playerbase are begging for.. 

Thank you. I am far more pleased with this devstream than the last, which gave me a feeling of being cheated, as I said before.

Whilst this devstream might not rank among some of the 'greats' (The K-Drive stuff was actually new, at least) I was greatly relieved that the general feel of dishonesty that the last stream had has gone. The fact that the first thing was an address of the Content drought and honest melee 3.0 updates (that they've gone back a few steps) weren't far behind is nice. I don't mind delays, but the Cloak-and-dagger of "Ohwejustdidsomedesignchangessowecan'taddressit LOOK BASES RAPID SWITCH POOP WHEEEE" that happened with 116 was hurtful of the open atmosphere that these streams are intended to provide.

As for the content displayed:

Arch-guns in ground gameplay, and the general feeling that these two heavily disparate systems are coming together! Good stuff. I'll certainly farm up a weapon aside from the Dual Decurions I just got because the regular Imperator is kind of, and by that I mean extremely, terrible. Possibly the Grattler, or maybe the Velocitus. Something with a bit of heft to it. They'll need plenty of rebalancing before they hit the rest of our weapons though - the most recent one was update 19, and oh boy, have we gotten some powerhouse toys since then. Touch sad we won't be getting the Arch-Melee, but that's totally understandable, all things considered. If and when that shows up, I'll gladly impale some fools with my Centaur. Another thought: Will the reverse apply?

I've made my thoughts about Tennogen known in the Round 14 thread - Tl;Dr I'm happy with the Operator stuff but wish there was more variation.

Railjack updates - looking sharp, as always. And oh, boy does that spaceship look sweet. Three floors, an unusual design (how often do you see the habitable areas underslung beneath the engines? Not often outside of blimps, I find), and it's neat to know that modding this thing will change it's appearance. Can we expect a railjack drydock in the Dojo or Relays where these are put in place then? There are those doors leading out into the docking area left unaccounted for in Strata. Odd, considering you'd think the new design wouldn't have any loose ends like last time. :wink: Also, I saw that little 'Access to internal solar rail segment' label. Is there even more we've yet to see from this madness?

Corpus Gas City update looks T A S T Y. More story is always good stuff too. Wonder what Salad's getting up to NOW. He's always in trouble, isn't he?

Smooth Archwing in Free-roam. *Mwah* lovely stuff. And the K-drive aim-glide insanity seems glorious.

Caves seem magnificent. I assume they add some of the extra square-footage? Some people analysed the map of Fortuna showed off last time and found it wasn't that much bigger than PoE - I assume the same will be done with the new map if possible, and with the confirmation of what is effectively a 'sub layer' with the caves and bases, that seems to make up the difference.

Also, what little Melee 3.0 news there was for the Channeling? A confirmation I desperately wanted.

Spoiler

Now, I'm motivated.

So much K Drive every stream you would think this is the main feature of the update 😞

I am so into Back to the Future hoverboards as much as  any other child of the 80s, but good lord why do we have more info on K Drives then any other feature. 

35 minutes ago, Wynn said:

So much K Drive every stream you would think this is the main feature of the update 😞

I am so into Back to the Future hoverboards as much as  any other child of the 80s, but good lord why do we have more info on K Drives then any other feature. 

Because K-Drives are perhaps the simplest of the upcoming features thus, perhaps, the only feature that is in honestly useable state to show.

They do TALK about a lot of other features, though. We got a good view of what all the barrels and grips for kitguns are like, precise stats aside (well, if you use your damned pause button, she moused over every single one). We kinda-sorta got a view of how dual-wielding is currently working. Which is not, watch it break, that's why the kitgun is held left-handed. We were told there was a delay on some features of Melee 3.0 that won't be deployed with the primary update, infact we know that the entirety of the updates will roll out in at minimum two phases, if not more. We saw ground use of Arch Guns as well as a bit of their brainstorming on it's limitations (take both ranged weapon slots).

It's just that... The only thing they can feasibly display is the K-Drives.

Wasn't there supposed to be a twitch drop?  I watched the whole thing and there's no message in my inbox.  Unless it went straight to inventory (which last nights did not) then I think it didn't go through.

I'm again disappointed about TennoGen. Why do we even vote on Steam WS, if DE anyways choose what they want? I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff, with much higher rating than most of this stuff. Or is there someone how thinks seriously that the Blade of the Lotus Syandana (for example) looks worse than this lantern Syandana (which doesn't even fit in the game at all)?? Don't get me wrong! I have huge respect of the people who made this stuff. Still I cannot understand the decision of DE for that and why we can vote on Steam WS, if it doesn't matter at the end at all.

Honestly the new Gas City tiles look amazing, but I can tell straight away they're going to be a frustrating chore to actually play in. I also can't really say I'm too interested in the hoverboard. Come to think of it, I don't really know anyone that has an opinion of the thing that's more positive than 'Oh, that's kinda neat I guess.'

Really was looking forward to info on KitGuns, and since that was the advertised subject I was fairly disappointed.

Hope there is not much locked content or rewards behind Kdrive achievements/tricks, not sure I want to get into that.

Infinite archwing was the best news, and those caves look pretty sweet.

No twitch drop again, is it an Xbox user thing?

1 hour ago, Zanchak said:

Not really understanding arch-guns for the ground... seems really unnecessary tbh, we have plenty of decent weapons to use.

I feel the same and this comes from a person that loves archwing.

Instead of DE having their own original idea for a warframe Gatling gun they just go the cheapest route and use archwing weapons on the ground. Now even more people will not even care about archwing anymore (The regular gameplay, not talking about Railjack that's another content), the weapons was what make archwing unique.

Why can't we have something like this and leave Archwing weapons alone.

latest?cb=20120202022128

I am also disappointed that DE are not planning on working on huge melee weapons, come on!

I need this in my life! Warframe was made for this kind of crazy weapons.

f0fca1bb0d45baaff84cf5cf756f3048.jpg

latest?cb=20170916101035&path-prefix=fr

BTW Bard / Song weapons when? We have Octavia, we can also have weapons made out of music DE...

Nice devstream ☺️

I would suggest changing the time needed to watch this live though - from 30min to 10min.

That will give your viewers a better change of getting the twitch drop.

I also watched the entire stream live and did not get anything. 

So a little adjustment is needed before the next live-stream.

Archived