Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #117!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-09-30 at 5:36 AM, NecromancerX69 said:

I feel the same and this comes from a person that loves archwing.

Instead of DE having their own original idea for a warframe Gatling gun they just go the cheapest route and use archwing weapons on the ground. Now even more people will not even care about archwing anymore (The regular gameplay, not talking about Railjack that's another content), the weapons was what make archwing unique.

Why can't we have something like this and leave Archwing weapons alone.

latest?cb=20120202022128

I am also disappointed that DE are not planning on working on huge melee weapons, come on!

I need this in my life! Warframe was made for this kind of crazy weapons.

f0fca1bb0d45baaff84cf5cf756f3048.jpg

latest?cb=20170916101035&path-prefix=fr

BTW Bard / Song weapons when? We have Octavia, we can also have weapons made out of music DE...

😀 I actually hate the oversized weapons and think they look silly, but thats a personal preference lol I also can't stand the movement of archwing in either mode nowadays, it makes me motion sick and they dont seem to care - no, non experimental is not the old archwing as they like to try make us believe, that didn't make me sick. I wish they'd either work on it properly (archwing itself) or remove it entirely, rather than waste time giving us arch-guns for the ground where we literally do not need them. Just makes no sense at all.. kinda like rivens that were meant to make weaker weapons viable, and became pointless as soon as they became available for strong ones.

Looking at the summary, it's a shame that this is done during the middle of the work day on a Friday.  It might be reasonable for European viewers (more so than the Prime Times), but isn't exactly great when there's only a single stream dropping rewards.  Moreover, it still seems like the rewards system is miss-miss-and hit.  I say this because it almost never works, despite putting in the time.  Hopefully that's rectified in the future.

Looking forward to the QOL mainline patch.  The reward system changes are just fine with me, given that it's cosmetics being held at 800 and 1000 days.  I'm more interested in not wasting time with items that aren't truly a reward.  Namely, this system was introduced years into the game.  At the time of introduction, our "reward" was an entirely RNG drop of the gorgon bp, given that it was removed from the game at the time.  Now we've got a system that drops something every 2 months, with it taking 3.33 of solid logins to get anything consistently interesting (weapon or mod).  The 50 day rewards are just...lackluster, and if your 100 day is something like Primed Sure Footed (something that many users have no use for, despite there being usage scenarios) it's even less interesting.  

I guess I can offer a positive.  I'm happy that the login reward system didn't become the vehicle for Primed Streamline.  It'd be shameful if something that worth pursuing was time gated.  This is given that right now a maxed efficiency takes corrupted mods, so you need 2-3 slots just to balance the effect where you don't lose one thing to get another.

Additionally, can we get some clarification on the future?

Being more specific, Railjack is what it is.  I'm worried that we're just going to get another component bolted on, and we're going to have more grind installed.  Laying this out, if you're high rank now (let's call it 23-25), there's too much to do.  24-26k syndicate ranking, with 2 syndicates focused on for efficiency, is 2-3 hours a night (depending upon the missions).  Simaris adds 20-30 minutes.  If you want to hunt eidolons that's a time limited 2 hour window.  Add on Cetus standings between 24-26k, and you've got 2-3 hours given the limited rewards opportunities.  Even if Cetus and syndicates can overlap a bit, 2+.33+2+2 = 6.33 hours.  This is assuming grind with virtually no joy or diversion for things like alerts and sorties, if you add that on at only an hour, you've got 7.33 hours a day worth of repeating content.

With such a huge commitment, you either burn out or simply skip things.  Cetus is the largest skip, given the rewards pool is not great once you finally win the grind.  Heck, it isn't even great because the capped rewards literally force grind, as there's no optimal rewards path beyond higher tier stuff.

I'm asking about the future because POE is unfavorable grind, whose rewards last only until the MR content disappears.  Things like the thousand year fish make searching rewarding, but they are again finite.  The K-Drive seems like it might be more of the same, and MOAs/kitguns are mirrors of this.  I just see this as a large chunk of reflavored content from POE, which is less than enticing.

Might I suggest, the reason I come back to the star chart was the alerts, and choice.  If I want to grind, there's defense and survival.  If I want bite sized chunks I've got exterminate and capture.  If I'm feeling rewards grind heavy there's excavation and interception.  If I go to POE I have to do all of this, with the quirk of being able to fail because the enemies are cheap and spawned too far away to properly initiate their rudimentary AI pathing.  If you want to understand, let something one shot an armored carrier from maximum range.  Perhaps you can fail a sabatoge of supplies because the door won't open to the appropriate location.  If those don't irk you, have a hold the area, where enemies spawn outside of a complex cave system.  By the time the first marches in, you've gone from 100% to 20% and can never make up the difference.  That's bound to happen with AI programmed for a corridor shooter in a huge open area, as it seems like melee units are fair at least.  Most of the time anyway.

I guess, to put this more succinctly, I want to know if Warframe will be returning to its roots soon?  Two years of the...let's call it open world craze...is enough.  Railjack seems like it might be more interestingly focused, and given various missions might be reasonably focused.  I'd prefer not to read into it though, as from what is currently available we're looking at late 2019 for Railjack.

Finally, it seems rather rarely talked about, but relics are a bit of a bug bear.  I don't think the void keys are better, but the 2% drop rate for rares without grinding for a random number of dropped traces is...frustrating.  

Mathematically: 

after 10 runs of a 10% drop rate, 0.90^10 = 0.349, so 34.9% of people can't get a rare drop after spending 10 relics and 1000 traces. 

after 10 runs of a  2% drop rate, 0.98^10 = 0.817, so 81.7% of people can't get a rare drop after spending 10 relics

If you wanted a 99% chance to get the reward you'd need log(0.01)/log(0.9) = 43.71, or 44 runs.  That's 4400 traces and 44 relics for 99% likelihood.

Seems a bit wonky, and grindy.  My proposal would be 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20% for an enrichment of 0, 20, 40, and 60 traces.  The math does very little to alter the basic reward drop rate, but makes it so each MR increase of 50 traces offers just below a fully enhanced relic and makes collecting those traces functionally mean something to rare drops.  Again, the math is pretty reasonable here:

after 10 runs of a 20% drop rate,  0.80^10 = 0.107, so 10.7% of the population would not receive any rares  

Might we eventually see something like this?  It really isn't reasonable to expect people to grind through 44 relics and 4400 traces to get a single component.  It's also a reason that the grind here is so bad.  It isn't RNGesus, it's a mathematical model designed to look good, but whose underlying mechanics are not exactly playing fair.  It's also a reason why people call out the Prime Times for being rigged, because mathematically getting the desired drop for four people with fully refined relics is still only 1-(.9^4) = 34% likely.  Having 3 runs with 3 rares dropping is a 4% likelihood (34%^3).  That kind of drop rate is....unlikely.

Any possibility to get some Carrier, Wyrm, or any other sentinel Tennogen love...?  I think the community loves al the skins for their frames, weapons and soon to be Tenno.  Since a lot of us use our sentinels pretty hardcore/frequently, they seem to be left out of the tennogen loop. Not being a hater but would rather have a new carrier/sentinel skin over Liset skin any day.  I know we're supposed to get a new sentinel for Fortuna and the Moa's but aren't the stats for usage of the sentinels higher?

Also...  still wondering about the Ayatan Sculpture in Cetus that old man Sumbat has.....  its been shy of a year, can we address it?

On 2018-09-30 at 3:36 AM, NecromancerX69 said:

I feel the same and this comes from a person that loves archwing.

Instead of DE having their own original idea for a warframe Gatling gun they just go the cheapest route and use archwing weapons on the ground. Now even more people will not even care about archwing anymore (The regular gameplay, not talking about Railjack that's another content), the weapons was what make archwing unique.

Why can't we have something like this and leave Archwing weapons alone.

latest?cb=20120202022128

I am also disappointed that DE are not planning on working on huge melee weapons, come on!

I need this in my life! Warframe was made for this kind of crazy weapons.

f0fca1bb0d45baaff84cf5cf756f3048.jpg

latest?cb=20170916101035&path-prefix=fr

BTW Bard / Song weapons when? We have Octavia, we can also have weapons made out of music DE...

That reminds me of these ..  sorry for being a kid.

tumblr_n1rctcZBow1sih9h2o4_r1_640.jpg

DJ gun -- sword or gun with DJ disc.

latest?cb=20180108085115

Sword with audio visualizer.

Archived