Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lodestar cosmetics and the new Daily Tribute changes.

That1Cactus

On 2018-09-29 at 9:22 AM, That1Cactus said:

So in today's devstream when they briefly showed how the new Daily Tribute functions and heard that the Lodestar Syandana and Armor will remain in their milestones. And that's just outright unfair.

Players should not have to play for 2-3 years just to get cosmetics that would fit with the weapons that can freely be chosen on a milestone, especially if they're coming here fresh with the new changes and being able to choose their other milestone rewards, especially the weapons that fit with the cosmetics.

You should definitely reconsider what was said and put the Lodestar cosmetics in the same availability as the other milestone rewards.

..... wot...

Since when is cosmetics necessary for a newbie to function gameplay-wise..... What is this ascended memeta you speak of.

You want it, doesn't mean everyone needs it. Stop confusing the 2 concepts dude.

Newer players are getting the better end of the daily login with the new changes proposed to begin with, a 2 year or so to get these cosmetics won't kill them or anything.

I wouldn't put a cosmetic at the same value as a weapon. It could be argued that's its own problem, but it shows dedication to the game. That's pretty much its sole purpose. I'm glad that there's something for people who've put the time into this game, but I'm more happy that it's something negligible than weapons. I'd rather any kind of prestige item come from legitimately difficult (not just Warframe's broken level scaling) content so that you can look at it and say "Hey, that thing's cool, and the player must be pretty good to have it! I want to get pretty good so that I can have it too!"

Also, I'm glad I can finally get a Sword and Shield I can USE, that's also an actual Sword and Shield, without needing to wait another couple of hundred days arbitrarily.

Le 29/09/2018 à 07:49, rastaban75 a dit :

People have been complaining for ages against the Daily Tribute system, the main argument being the unlocking of items like the Zenistar and the other weapons after years of logins. Many claimed they don't care about the rest because it's just cosmetics and not tied to mastery ranking or things like that. Now people complain about cosmetics too?

I mean, let's scrap the system altogether. That would be better.

Only the next day we'd have topics complaining about how there is no daily login reward system.

I hate this argument of Before people complains about this and now they say the opposite... IT'S NOT SAME PEOPLES WHO COMPLAINS GOD DAMMIT

For the debat himself i agree with fact it's should be on a ingame time more than days. I mean i know veterans who have more time play than me and have started sooner than me but are far aways from me in daily tribute because they playd by period... Is that fair ? no, their is nothing great about start the game every single day. Without speak about the new players that are late of 3 years and will never end this late because when 3 years will pass they will be new rewards that ask 3 years more etc...

Edited by Wind_Blade

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

OP,. can u please uninstall warframe for me? you clearly dont want to play

Logging in isn't playing, it's just logging in. Until it becomes a large number of days logged in, it's really not special. I have over a hundred days logged in, that's not really meaningful because I just leave the game running constantly even when I don't play. But someone who has logged in for a thousand days has actual commitment. That commitment might just be to logging in, though.

The problem with login rewards is that they don't encourage playing. At least, they didn't. If a login reward requires a thousand days for you to get it, that's not going to inspire a noob to say "I want to keep playing so I can get this!" It'll inspire a noob to say "What the heck?", but now that you can pick and choose your rewards, it's an actual incentive to play. You can pick the game-changing items you want, while someone who has an absurdly high number of days logged in actually gets a reward, and not a treat hanging on a stick. Although apparently a lot of people don't like the cosmetics anyway, so some reward there.

I'm surprised people still get heated about this...  Sure somehow barely plaid a year got the same login special as you,  but you got 3+ years,  "x" More than them,  and when they finally have everything you do,  you will be +"x" More still. As long as you keep logging in,  you will have 1000+more days than someone who started today.

And some of you seem to think it's unfair they can get day 2000 Lava monster skin,  but they don't have,  any of the weapons,  mods,  first syndana,  armor....

I personally think there should be a rare catch up system, idk a weekend that gives two login rewards,  only to players not within the top 100 current days.

Systems like this can be a make it or break it deal for me in games...  3 years is a long time...  3 more years for what currently is new is even more annoying

On 2018-09-29 at 4:47 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but it's OK for players who've been logging in religiously for several years to gain those cosmetics to get slapped in the face by having the only non-gamechanging exclusives taken away from them? lol.

they're cosmetics, all they say is "I've been around a while", and cosmetics are also subjective: not everybody will like the Lodestar stuff. some people will love the weapons but look at the armour and think "ew, doesn't look good as armour" and will instead use other cosmetics. it's not the end of the world to have gated cosmetics, long-time players need to be rewarded too.

Yes it would be 100% fair. The cosmetics are worth less then the mastery giving weapons and those are going to be some of the first things people get now and some of the reasons vetran log in players have whined.

However I don't think it's necessary since anyone can earn it and it gives reason to hit the high count days. I do wish they would add daily login from the mobile app for those without laptops whom are away from their computers. 

On 2018-09-29 at 12:22 PM, That1Cactus said:

So in today's devstream when they briefly showed how the new Daily Tribute functions and heard that the Lodestar Syandana and Armor will remain in their milestones. And that's just outright unfair.

Players should not have to play for 2-3 years just to get cosmetics that would fit with the weapons that can freely be chosen on a milestone, especially if they're coming here fresh with the new changes and being able to choose their other milestone rewards, especially the weapons that fit with the cosmetics.

You should definitely reconsider what was said and put the Lodestar cosmetics in the same availability as the other milestone rewards.

What... 

Bwahahahahahahahahaa.

Omfg, I can't believe someone made this post, I'm in tears 😂😂😂 I honestly can't tell if this is satire or not.

If it's real then the answer is no, fu¢k off. They're cosmetics specifically designed to show off you've been around for ages. There's nothing else left in the entire game for us vets to do that so get the fu¢k up off our sh¡t mate. 

On 2018-09-29 at 12:48 PM, That1Cactus said:

The Lodestar stuff themselves aren't really that great anyways compared to what you should get in Deluxe Bundles or Prime Accessories so why lock them behind a 2-3 year wall?

This complaint is equivalent to saying: oh well the iPhone XR is kinda terrible and not really worth it, so why is it locked behind a pay wall? 

On 2018-09-29 at 12:52 PM, HerpDerpy said:

Its not unfair at all. Its cosmetics.

I actually think its a perfect compromise between the vets that have logged in for 1000 days and everyone else. And iv been on the side of really liking the new login changes.

This. It gives players the weapons they so desperately want early, but still gives vets an incentive to get the exclusive rewards. 

You can't make the cake and eat it. Basically, you can't get everything in the entire log in system. DE is finally giving all the cry babies their weapons and in all honesty, I'm completely OK with that. But I am very happy they're leaving cosmetics to people that have been around for so long. 

On 2018-09-28 at 8:22 PM, That1Cactus said:

Nope.  File it under Excaliber-Prime-Light.  They’ve reworked everything else to make the system friendlier for newer players while honoring those who have tenure with these two items...which would be chosen first if available.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just popping in again with another 2 cents...

OP, if you're complaining about this Achievement Fashion through a Loggin System everyone and their Mom can do (with time), why aren't you also complaining about not being able to get the Tennogen Syandana's/Armors too? People Achieved those by either purchasing the digital ticket for some, or the physical ticket and going to the convention for the others. Surely this is unfair to the newer players who were unaware or not around for those conventions, yeah? And the fashion is utterly crucial for new players to gain, yes? Surely this Achievement Fashion is unfair for a majority of players, and DE should allow us to gain or buy them in-game, yeah?

Edited by Tangent-Valley
spelling

I'm one of those unfortunate players who played and logged in prior to the current tribute system. I'd easily be at the 1000 milestone if the days prior to the tribute system counted. But oh well, just 250 days left ain't bad.

Now on the other side, I don't mind because still I'm 700+ days into it but I can definitely see new players wondering wtf. Yes it's cosmetics and honestly, most new players probably won't care because there's so much else for them to do in the meantime. I think it mostly "hurts" the players inbetween. Those who've exhausted Warframe's current content, got everything feasible but still haven't been playing long enough to even see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Am I going to suggest a change? No. I honestly don't have a better suggestion that would please everyone and I just think this is something some of us will have to take on the chin and deal with. Once Fortuna rolls around, it will help us take our mind off things.

5 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

That's not the phrase. You can easily make a cake and then eat it. The phrase is "you can't have your cake and eat it". If you eat it, you no longer have it.

Oh OK, thanks. I didn't remember the proper quote 

On 2018-09-29 at 2:22 AM, That1Cactus said:

Players should not have to play for 2-3 years just to get cosmetics that would fit with the weapons that can freely be chosen on a milestone

I don't see why not since it's a milestone reward. There are other cosmetic sets they can use instead.

Hey boss, you got a minute?

i was just talking to Dave in accounts and he said that the company gave him 500 quid bonus last month to celebrate him being with them for 5 years.

now I know I have only been here two weeks and probably won’t stay beyond Christmas but can I have that 5 year bonus too? If not, it’s like, totally unfair man.

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse