Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please buff back Banshee's "Sound Quake"!

KeyGerstrike

I think Banshee should be improved as well as the most important Skill Banshee ... because I think Banshee deserves to be a special DPS Warframe, and so is the Banshee Sound Quake which is now not very useful. because Banshee can now be relied on to become a DPS Frame replacing Saryn and Volt. at least the presence of an Element energy that can help improve Scale on the 4th Skill banshee Sound Quake .. I hope I can consider this suggestion and request.

Edited by riosep2309

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

They should either add a elemental effect to her 4 via a augment similar to chromatic blade to help it scale better or rework it completely and make it a AOE knockdown or something

I hope like that because Banshee is the best frame that unfortunately he has ever been in Nerf ... hopefully the Energy Element will be present so that he can help scale the banshee skill.

Will not happen, Because :

• Players will equip Resonating Quake and spam Sound Quake over and over. thus making all missions unplayable for other players.

She is mainly a CC type warframe rather then a DPS warframe.

Doesn't mean you are unable to make her into a DPS however giving her abilities as it is, its best to use her as a CC.

Edited by MightyFlower

Sound quake don't need a buff, ilt's actually a challenling ability that literally allow you to afk while it both damages and CC enemies in a huge AoE range.

As this ability require no skill or even actual playing to use it, the only way to balance it is to make it efficient to deal damage only on low level and make it a CC only ability for higher level (and saying this is quite wrong because it still work to lvl 40-45, that represent about 90% of the starchart).

The only suitable changes to sound quake would be to put more gameplay to it instead of a direct buff.
I suggest allowing to use your secondary weapon while the ability is active, a bit like if you were downed. It's, in my opinion, a great way to keep the player active and synergize well with her kit that rely on damage buff and accuracy over weakspot.
Another great thing would be to reduce the overall damage of the ability but increase it to enemies affected by Sonar.

I think Sound Quake gets a lot of flak, and deservedly so, because it's part of the game's older designs where some abilities just had you press a button and go AFK to deal massive radial damage. The damage isn't so massive now, but the AFK problem still exists, which is why the ability can't really be buffed in its current state.

Personally, though, I feel the ability could be fine if it relied on something other than Energy to power it: part of the problem now is that, despite all of the fiddling DE has done to prevent energy gains while channeling, late-game Energy pools and consumption are so high and so low respectively that Banshee can essentially AFK Quake almost forever if she wants to. If it were gated differently, and in a manner that prevented Banshee from playing too passively, it'd be fine.

As an example, here's what I think could work as a mini-rework to Sound Quake via some targeted changes to Banshee:

• Passive - Suppression: Banshee passively silences her weapons and stores the eliminated sound. She also stores stores the sound dampened by Silence. The louder the sound, the more she stores.
  • 4 - Sound Quake: 
    • No longer consumes Energy, instead rapidly consumes the sound stored by Banshee every second, affected by Power Efficiency and Power Duration.
    • Base damage increased to 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 per second.
    • Now knocks down all affected enemies instead of staggering them.
    • Augment renamed to Echoing Quake: Banshee now summons an echo of herself to perform the channel, allowing her to move freely. After the channel ends, the echo remains on the battlefield for 125 / 150 / 175 / 200% of the channel duration as an invulnerable specter, causing enemies to prioritize it in combat over Banshee herself when applicable.

The idea here being that the only way to power your Sound Quake would be to fight first, and so with good use of Banshee's silencing abilities, before unleashing a much more powerful amount of damage and CC over a much, much shorter duration (5 seconds would be a relatively long-ish time already). Instead of having the augment provide a pulse nobody seems to really like, having it provide free movement to Banshee instead, and a bit of survivability to boot, could offer a convenience a lot of Banshee players seem interested in. 

Edited by Teridax68

vor 5 Stunden schrieb DarkRuler2500:

Nah... the augment was very unoriginal and to be honest i really would like to see Banshee going the FULL CC/Debuff/buff path instead of trying to be a DPS.

You might wanna thank the community for how "unoriginal" it is.

Before Sound Quake has been implemented, it has been a constant request for silence to be recastable (no matter the cost). Sound Quake has been the reaction to that to the same end.

It's still useable as is, you just can't spam it for damage. Use it to compliment silences Cc... That's its intendet purpose.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

For OP, did you ever aware that spamming SQ with an augment after the change makes everything within the area does nothing other than rolled to death? It is still a very powerful ability, and even more deadly than before since the enemy are able to be killed by ragdoll(if an enemy is on ragdoll state too long it is insta-killed) rather than reduced health so you don't need to care for ability strength. Also it just makes everyone stop.

Even without that, spamming Sonar adds a bunch of weak spots so you don't actually need to count every shot but you can cause much damage by your weapon, and Silence check them at bay and help us to kill them without an effort.

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but...if you guys are playing banshee for Sound Quake, you know nothing about banshee.

Banshee is squishy, yes, but she's also the best debuff frame in the game. Learn how to build her and play her properly, utilizing sonar for damage and sonic boom and silence for survivability. Sound Quake is the worst ability she has, and she'd be better off without it.

26 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but...if you guys are playing banshee for Sound Quake, you know nothing about banshee.

Banshee is squishy, yes, but she's also the best debuff frame in the game. Learn how to build her and play her properly, utilizing sonar for damage and sonic boom and silence for survivability. Sound Quake is the worst ability she has, and she'd be better off without it.

Can't like and agree enough. Resonance Banshee, always welcome in any team. Quake Banshee, annoying crutch for tryhards, and misused far more often than used correctly. 

I read absolutely nothing in that post where you explained what you actually want to do with Sound Quake... the word 'buff' is about as vague as it gets with this lack of context.

As to the idea of making Banshee a 'dps' warframe... no, just... no.

She already has one of the most incredibly damage-buffing abilities in the game, if you can hit a target, and if you spam the ability you can overlay targets to multiply the multiplier for millions of damage per shot...

If anything, what Banshee needs is a slightly more... 'emergency mode' way of staying alive, because her current survivability relies exclusively on enemies not initially knowing where she is thanks to her passive, and on the stagger from Silence which, while you can re-apply it by simply walking back and forth, is also not convenient when you're running a wider-range Sonar build.

So instead of a DPS function, I, and anyone that really plays Banshee a lot, would rather have Sound Quake changed from damage into Status and more reliable CC, that doesn't lock her in place and leave her vulnerable to anything with more range or more height than her ability has.

Taking inspiration from the Prime Trailer we had for her, I'd rather Sound Quake have something like a pulse of fixed-distance knock back (so enemies are pushed 8-10m from their current position with each pulse) and suffer an actual Status (instead of Impact and Blast, which counters itself due the Impact animation preventing the Blast ragdoll) that can help with CC.

And most importantly, if it's going to be useful, it needs to be more mobile. The augment shows us it can be, it just switches up the balance of damage from a central high percentage to an outer edge low percentage, why not make this the actual ability with far less damage and better CC when used without the Augment?

I love Banshee because her frailty combined with her transient CC and world-endingly potent damage buff all coalesce to make a Warframe that rewards skill and attention.

And then there's Resonating Quake, which did (and still kinda does) give players a high-power justification to do nothing but slap their faces on the keyboard all mission. Sure, it doesn't win the whole game for you, but it's effective enough that some players still do it and it saddens me to see my darling Banshee played so poorly. In recent months I've started mixing the use of Soundquake into my gameplay and it can be pretty nice (especially a wipe tool on a Resonance build), but its augment could be replaced with numerous other options to reward skill and attention like the rest of Banshee's kit. Here are a few ideas:

• @Teridax68's idea above. It's a good one.
  • Resonating Quake: Soundquake is still a toggle and has mildly reduced Range, dealing more damage the nearer to its centre and lets Banshee move freely. When an enemy is killed by Banshee, Resonating Quake repositions to the place where the enemy was slain.
  • Resonating Quake: Soundquake remains where it's cast and Banshee is free to move around. More damage is dealt closer to the centre. This was the in-development Augment before release, why did they go an change it last minute?
  • Quaking Resonance: Toggle activates an aura around Banshee. Enemies killed within the aura spawn small Soundquake nodes that deal damage for X seconds. Alternatively, they could stay active until 4 is toggled off but increase the drain for each node active.