The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix your drop chances pls

RazulDarkwood

I started hunting the new relics with less than 1k void trace.   I have finished my chroma and gram sets and have the receiver for Rubico and have about 300-400 void trace left.  That was after two days (prob 10-16 hours total).  

Personally I think there is a huge modifier in the math that looks at if you have ever gotten the relic before.   If you have never gotten it before they make it a little easier.  Go after it a second time and thats usually when you have to pop 10-20 relics to find one.  (IN A GROUP!!) 

-----------------

-It should be easy to acquire specific relics (new ones) (aka NOT like those void relics)

-It should be ALOT easier to build up void trace

-RNG for relic rewards can stay right as they are if the above two things would change.

Whats unacceptables is slow void trace gain,  random rolls to GET relics, and then random rolls for rewards!!  Increase the flow of void trace so we can pop relics as we get them instead of building them up.   And then either let us choose the relics we get and random roll for rewards or random roll for relics but get to choose the reward.   (and after the void I choose random rewards, because random relics is soul crushing to the point of making me quit)

I don't get what the rush is. Maybe if you don't have Chroma already and you want to try him then go hard. Otherwise just play the game, the relics will be in there for a long time, it's only when you have a single focus of 'I must get these parts now' that RNG feels unfair or that it's taking longer than you think it should. By the time I get around to running radshares then I'll have a nice stockpile of relics waiting to be cracked open and if I don't get the parts, even after many tries, then I'll have some ducats in my pocket so at least Baro will be happy.

Does anyone have that gif of the stalker dancing and flames appear and shows rng? this is very fitting right now for like everything in here well maybe 80% 

on topic its rng what do you want higher drop chances because it took you specifically x amount of relics to get something while bob over there only took x less then you

its rng its random for everyone sometimes you get screwed other times you get what you want on the first try idk what more to tell you besides that 

5 hours ago, Bostrom_NZ said:

I don't get what the rush is. Maybe if you don't have Chroma already and you want to try him then go hard. Otherwise just play the game, the relics will be in there for a long time, it's only when you have a single focus of 'I must get these parts now' that RNG feels unfair or that it's taking longer than you think it should. By the time I get around to running radshares then I'll have a nice stockpile of relics waiting to be cracked open and if I don't get the parts, even after many tries, then I'll have some ducats in my pocket so at least Baro will be happy.

people want to make money that's why the rush sooner they get a set the sooner they can sell it for 300ish plat 

On 2018-09-29 at 11:38 AM, RazulDarkwood said:

I'll just drop this with little background - 50 relics so far for the new parts wasted to get 3 parts total from the new items, one for gram, one for chroma and one for rubico. 
Today we got a chance for gram bp. We said ok we will make the relics radiant since we all got it at the same time and try our chances with hopes to at least one to get the blueprint.
As you can see no result. I know the game is f2p after all I'm a founder who play it for almost 6 years. Please fix your drop tables, make the parts drop at least easier than legendary core! 😠

Haha good joke topic op thought you were serious for a few moments 

On 2018-09-29 at 12:38 PM, RazulDarkwood said:

I'll just drop this with little background - 50 relics so far for the new parts wasted to get 3 parts total from the new items, one for gram, one for chroma and one for rubico. 
Today we got a chance for gram bp. We said ok we will make the relics radiant since we all got it at the same time and try our chances with hopes to at least one to get the blueprint.
As you can see no result. I know the game is f2p after all I'm a founder who play it for almost 6 years. Please fix your drop tables, make the parts drop at least easier than legendary core! 😠

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Drop tables are fine, take this as a introduction to...... 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

@RazulDarkwood I understand what u mentioned. I realise it 3-4 day before. Me and my friend run with 2 stranger 8 times in interception meso node. all that time those stranger use meso r1 rad and we use normal relic. they get nothing after 4 round they out, then another 2 with meso r1 relic rad come in they get thing pretty same like those previous stranger. I mean some maths and some relics really bugged out at some point. And this happen right after limbo price access as i remember for sure. Limbo is the only prime access i cant farm solo in 1 month. With chroma i find some friend and they kinda help me out. 

Just my opinion about the drop rate.

Edited by MeltenIngCream

On 2018-09-30 at 4:46 PM, CeePee said:

DE has given us the exact drop rate of every item from every relic. You know these percentages, the rest is simple math. There's nothing to "fix". Sure it took me 9 relics to get the Rubico Prime blueprint but that's far from even being grindy.

True however I have a rule never to trust developers 100% and for a good reason. Still I have to admit that DE are more true and open to the public for most matters, however the RNG matter has been a serious conspiracy material about Warframe for years. There are priorities and stuff so RNG is not truly RNG, I respect DE and I know that they need to make money somehow still I also try to take care of my clan and either they tightened the drop a bit too much this time or my clan had the worst of luck for 5 and a half years. As I stated before I don't really care I make money by other means I have enough to buy my self plat as it can be seen on the screenshot I have enough plat + Chroma Prime which i bought however I was going to be happier if I bought cosmetics for my clan recruits with that plat instead.

2 hours ago, RazulDarkwood said:

True however I have a rule never to trust developers 100% and for a good reason. Still I have to admit that DE are more true and open to the public for most matters, however the RNG matter has been a serious conspiracy material about Warframe for years. There are priorities and stuff so RNG is not truly RNG, I respect DE and I know that they need to make money somehow still I also try to take care of my clan and either they tightened the drop a bit too much this time or my clan had the worst of luck for 5 and a half years. As I stated before I don't really care I make money by other means I have enough to buy my self plat as it can be seen on the screenshot I have enough plat + Chroma Prime which i bought however I was going to be happier if I bought cosmetics for my clan recruits with that plat instead.

Sigh, there is no conspiracy, there is only simple math. Look up your DE released drop chances here https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html and get your RNG gamble on with radshares.

6 hours ago, RazulDarkwood said:

Still I have to admit that DE are more true and open to the public for most matters, however the RNG matter has been a serious conspiracy material about Warframe for years.

Well the shape of the earth has been serious conspiracy material for years (actually centuries) as well. That doesn't mean you should take someone claiming the earth is flat serious.

6 hours ago, RazulDarkwood said:

There is no need to lie about drop chances, because the simplest Statistics class or an hour on Google will teach everything you need to know that there is nothing erroneous with them.

On 2018-09-29 at 1:45 PM, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Isn't the BP a common?  Higher chance if you DON'T radiant it,  it literally shows% changes as you decide to upgrade it... I mean sure it's still higher than the other drops,  but you still lowered your odds on what you were after. 

Intentionally? 

Maybe I'm wrong and it's the uncommon? 

You're wrong, on both fronts. I hope that didn't come across as aggressive, just trying to go over why:

Firstly the BP is an Uncommon, the Blade is the Common one. Secondly, the chances for Uncommon are still higher than rare on Radiant (Radiant has 50% common, 40% uncommon, 10% Rare. That's a 20% for one specific Uncommon)

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You're wrong, on both fronts. I hope that didn't come across as aggressive, just trying to go over why:

Firstly the BP is an Uncommon, the Blade is the Common one. Secondly, the chances for Uncommon are still higher than rare on Radiant (Radiant has 50% common, 40% uncommon, 10% Rare. That's a 20% for one specific Uncommon)

Yea I realize that, tbh I initially thought OP was talking about Chroma P bp, my bad.

But no I am right, as said Common, the bronze rarity become less significant when upgrading, while it does still stand as highest chance, its lowered.

Recap, if your after a common (not uncommon or rare) making the relic lowers your odds.

I used to think drop chances were wrong - but I went away and did some maths, learned more about random generators than I really wanted to and stumbled across this excellent web site

https://dropchance.guru/?percent=20

This simple little page does the maths for you so you can easily see at worst case how many runs you are probably going to have to do to get your drops. It totally put my mind at rest as every time I am looking for a drop I get what I am looking for before the 99% chance. I might not be happy with the number of runs I am doing, but someone at DE completely understands this maths and completely knows that for a 20% drop chance you might have to run a relic 20 times - even if its radiant.

I am sure everything is working as intended, but the first time a grind takes me more than the 99% drop chance I'll be sure to let everyone know

PS. What I cant figure out is why I have 16 Fired Up mods and no Coolant leak even though they drop from the same mobs and have the same drop rates and I have never traded for these, but that's another story

Edited by beercritch

On 2018-09-29 at 2:11 PM, RazulDarkwood said:

I said it to NightBlitz and I will say it to you just so that you can also understand. RNG still follow patterns and algorithms to generate those numbers some time that pattern could have problems that's why I think they need to check it out. As I said I'm a founder who play for almost 6 years now I'm aware of the drop chances in game and so far this one is one of the far worst. I'm not the only one to confirm it. Please don't confuse my statement with frustration I love the game a lot not to mention that I can afford buying the items you can see how much plat I have in the screenshot. Most of the time I even spend plat on beginners who I've just met to help them start with a nice armor set or syandana. I prefer to use my plat for them rather to use it on me that's why I posted this topic.

On 2018-10-02 at 3:01 AM, beercritch said:

PS. What I cant figure out is why I have 16 Fired Up mods and no Coolant leak even though they drop from the same mobs and have the same drop rates and I have never traded for these, but that's another story

There is natural grouping/inequality in random distributions. i.e., 2 items with same drop chance, you will get 1 item that drops much more, random does not mean equal distribution.

Edited by SQLOwns

• 3 weeks later...