Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fool's Excalibur Prime blueprint for 1st of April.

DrGreenius

Would be funny, tbh, but doubt it would happen.

Though thinking about it... could be interesting to just sprinkle each part over a 5 or 10 year period (1 alert per piece, so you miss it, then that's that), so only those actually paying attention would be able to get a full set while not being Founder since each part could be non-tradeable.

Edited by Sean

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Would be funny, tbh, but doubt it would happen.

Though thinking about it... could be interesting to just sprinkle each part over a 5 or 10 year period (1 alert per piece, so you miss it, then that's that), so only those actually paying attention would be able to get a full set while not being Founder since each part could be non-tradeable.

Nope, it would violate the contract with the founders and DE can get sued for it.

Just now, Kialandi said:

No, they can't get sued for it. Every game development company reserves the right to add/remove any and all content of their game. 

Yes they can, they signed a contract with the founders that stops them from ever releasing Founder-Exclusive content again, otherwise Xbox PS4 and Chinaframe would've had ExcalPrime SkanaPrime and LatoPrime as well instead of just some special skins.

Just now, TheRealShade said:

Yes they can, they signed a contract with the founders that stops them from ever releasing Founder-Exclusive content again, otherwise Xbox PS4 and Chinaframe would've had ExcalPrime SkanaPrime and LatoPrime as well instead of just some special skins.

No. They did not sign any contract.

They just promised that the Excal Prime is exclusive to the Founders Access. 

Founder's Access ended before Warframe was released on Xbox, PS4 or in China. By releasing that content DE would have to break their promise to Founders.

Breaking their promise would result in community backlash and a lot of bad PR.

14 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

No. They did not sign any contract.

They just promised that the Excal Prime is exclusive to the Founders Access. 

Founder's Access ended before Warframe was released on Xbox, PS4 or in China. By releasing that content DE would have to break their promise to Founders.

Breaking their promise would result in community backlash and a lot of bad PR.

Then I guess I was misinformed by other posts on that case as many people would always claim there was a legal bind stopping them from ever releasing founder stuff again. And I know that Xbox PS4 and China came out long after the founder system ended but iirc the consoles recieved their exclusive skins and China got Umbra Prime for the very reason that excal prime was locked behind the founders packs and never to be released again.

Leaving that aside, it would still break their promise to the founders which as you said will result in a severe backlash. And at this point why do people still care about Excal Prime anyway? Umbra is a better looking variant with the same stats and umbral polarities making it a massive upgrade over prime.

Edited by TheRealShade

3 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Then I guess I was misinformed by other posts on that case as many people would always claim there was a legal bind stopping them from ever releasing founder stuff again. And I know that Xbox PS4 and China came out long after the founder system ended but iirc the consoles recieved their exclusive skins and China got Umbra Prime for the very reason that excal prime was locked behind the founders packs and never to be released again.

Leaving that aside, it would still break their promise to the founders which as you said will result in a severe backlash. And at this point why do people still care about Excal Prime anyway? Umbra is a better looking variant with the same stats and umbral polarities making it a massive upgrade over prime.

There was never any contract and if anyone even attempted to sue over it they'd just be laughed out of court, and it was about as much of a "promise" as "exclusive closed-beta only weapons". If DE wanted to, they are well within their rights to release all of the Founders gear tomorrow.

While it's good they don't release anything Founders-specific in any easy-to-access ways (Founders gear should NEVER come back in a manner similar as other frames or via some raffle / giveaway), I'd say anyone paying attention for a min of 5 years to play just a few one-time-only alerts would be deserving of Excal Prime (which was also on the lower tier of Founders). If someone truly got upset because 4 alerts over a multi-year period gave what they were able to instantly own via a purchase would be a pretty unfortunate person.

Edited by Sean

2 hours ago, Sean said:

There was never any contract and if anyone even attempted to sue over it they'd just be laughed out of court, and it was about as much of a "promise" as "exclusive closed-beta only weapons". If DE wanted to, they are well within their rights to release all of the Founders gear tomorrow.

While it's good they don't release anything Founders-specific in any easy-to-access ways (Founders gear should NEVER come back in a manner similar as other frames or via some raffle / giveaway), I'd say anyone paying attention for a min of 5 years to play just a few one-time-only alerts would be deserving of Excal Prime (which was also on the lower tier of Founders). If someone truly got upset because 4 alerts over a multi-year period gave what they were able to instantly own via a purchase would be a pretty unfortunate person.

Personally I feel like the only case where releasing a way to get excal prime and his 2 weapons again would have to be after at least 10 years anniversary or something. If the game lasts that long(which I strongly believe it can) there could be a case made where it's a special occasion for reaching a big milestone.