Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven disposition conundrum : Soma Prime vs Gram Prime

Orakan

Gram prime is the most stong melee weapon in the game and it has 5 riven disposition, while soma has only 1 disposition and you can barely kill top level enemies (120+ heavy gunners or bombars/napalms) with using nearly half of your clip. I know riven disposition depending on the popularity of the weapon and this is bringing the variety to the game but riven disposition 1 should only be for real top tier weapons  like Gram Prime, which kill everything in its path without breaking a sweat. Soma prime can be bested from prisma grakata easly because of the riven disposition . So please give soma a higher disposition cause it literarly is a mid level weapon right now, even with a kinda decent rivens. And please reconsiders some other weapons to

i find it funny that you are saying the gram riven disposition is too powerful and you are saying the soma isn't, well it is true its op for the moment Melee 3.0 may change that disposition on some melee weapons because DE will probably have a new chart on what is the highest melee weapon used, aside from that i have to agree with @-VM-ROSKE with the fact the soma prime is strong without a riven.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb -VM-ROSKE:

Gram prime is strong, but not the strongest Plague Kriptah Zaws are. Gram prime is a melee Soma prime a primary can't compare. Soma Prime is solid strong without a riven, Prisma grakata garbage, stop crying

prisma grakata garbage, what ? soma prime strong right now ? what ?! is this post serious or a bad joke ??

You said it yourself, it’s based on popularity, then why go and say weapons ‘should’ have a certain disposition? Do you have the usage data? There’s no point complaining here, back then the gram was underused and soma was overused.....if you wanna complain, then do so based on how DE haven’t tried changed the dispositions yet 

@-VM-ROSKEPlague Kriptah is not that strong if you are not one of those maiming strike degenerates. Besides do you have any data that can prove prisma graka with riven can perform worst against a soma prime with our without a riven .  

@Astralgen Soma is realy very weak against high level armored targets trust me , because of that it is not even popular anymore besides like I have said riven disposition 1 should only for realy strong weapons . There is to much diffrence between riven disposition 1and 2. at least you can get some decent stat numbers with riven disposition 2 but disposition 1 is a total waste of a mod slot

Now I am just starting to get depressed when people defend Riven disposition in its current state...

Soma Prime is arguably worse than Tenora (just a lab research weapon), Gram Prime is probably the most powerful non-Zaw melee weapon in game, and Zaw disposition being set at neutral is BS to begin with.

Disposition is to bring less powerful weapons up to higher levels. Is every other Melee besides Gram Prime and Zaws irrelevant? Even though the whole point of Rivens was to make irrelevant weapons relevant?

I am not going to go into why disposition based on popularity is cow poo here, but if you are being apologetic to an objectively broken system (even DE has admit disposition has gotten out of hand) I don't know what to say to you to try and convince you otherwise.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb DrBorris:

Disposition is to bring less powerful weapons up to higher levels. Is every other Melee besides Gram Prime and Zaws irrelevant? Even though the whole point of Rivens was to make irrelevant weapons relevant?

It´s more like less played weapons made more played then. Thats why Tiberon and Gram have a high disposition, while the Braton has a 3. No one touched Tiberon and Gram before Prime, but now they do (cause of good stats AND the high disposition). At least thats the only solution I found with a 3 for the Braton.

I totally agree, that high Riven dispositions should only apply to Weapons which aren´t that good and maybe also less played. Opticor as an Example. Opticor does good Damage, but the charge and the critchance makes it less viable / user friendly than other weapons. Opticor should have a 2-3 instead of 4. Braton should have 4-5 instead of 3.

With all the new prime weapons AND all the Riven which are everywhere, its really Time to change dispositions. But I fear it will change nothing, Meta moves on and takes other weapons (where prices for riven will explode). DE would have to change the dispositions every 3-6 months. I doubt that they will be able to do that.

Edited by Neothel

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Neothel:

It´s more like less played weapons made more played then. Thats why Tiberon and Gram have a high disposition, while the Braton has a 3. No one touched Tiberon and Gram before Prime, but now they do (cause of good stats AND the high disposition). At least thats the only solution I found with a 3 for the Braton.

I totally agree, that high Riven dispositions should only apply to Weapons which aren´t that good and maybe also less played. Opticor as an Example. Opticor does good Damage, but the charge and the critchance makes it less viable / user friendly than other weapons. Opticor should have a 2-3 instead of 4. Braton should have 4-5 instead of 3.

With all the new prime weapons AND all the Riven which are everywhere, its really Time to change dispositions. But I fear it will change nothing, Meta moves on and takes other weapons (where prices for riven will explode). DE would have to change the dispositions every 3-6 months. I doubt that they will be able to do that.

as long as people are....."willing" enough to pay those silly prices, that will not change. the only medicine to insane prices is refusing to pay and letting them sit on their stuff until it rusts. whatever DE does some ppl will be very unhappy about it, to say the least, so there is no good solution DE could really come up with. players have to stop paying silly prices, thats the only solution.

ive said so when rivens came into the game and dispositions got changed big time initially where soma prime's dispo was also put to 1/5 (0.51):

the disposition needs to focus strenght more than popularity. sure popularity is connected to strenght and vise versa, but when popularity is the main focus then gram prime happens and just by looking at the stats in theory clearly shows that the only downside compared to the already silly strong galatine prime is for one the attack speed and lasty the range. with primed reach range is less of an issue, with berserker the attack speed is fine too...so its basically galatine prime 2.0 in nearly every way +/-. still 5/5 vs 1/5. there is no balance in that, absolutely not and this case is a prime example of why having the main priority on usage/popularity is not the best choice imo.

Edited by Xydeth

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:

Soma Prime is arguably worse than Tenora (just a lab research weapon), Gram Prime is probably the most powerful non-Zaw melee weapon in game, and Zaw disposition being set at neutral is BS to begin with.

On a similar note of Gram Prime with a Disposition of 5/5, the Tiberon Prime's Disposition remains the same in spite of how versatile and strong the gun is. Powerful, but even more powerful with a Riven.

Also, I almost forgot that last year Hydroid Prime Access came out, Nami Skyla's Disposition changed from a 5/5 to a 4/5. If there are any other changes to the Dispositions, you are welcome to let me or the others know.

17 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

On a similar note of Gram Prime with a Disposition of 5/5, the Tiberon Prime's Disposition remains the same in spite of how versatile and strong the gun is. Powerful, but even more powerful with a Riven.

Also, I almost forgot that last year Hydroid Prime Access came out, Nami Skyla's Disposition changed from a 5/5 to a 4/5. If there are any other changes to the Dispositions, you are welcome to let me or the others know.

Tiberon Prime is strong in theory, but in practice not so much, it's a single target assault rifle with 42 bullets in the magazine, I doubt anybody will be able to use it against a horde of lvl 100+ enemies, and for a single target weapons we havve better options lika Tigris Prime or any sniper.

And Gram Prime is far from being the strongest melee in the game, and it does not have to be a Zaw.

@topic:

People are nervous to see a beautiful gold sword with a 5/5 dispo without even testing it, i love this community.

Edited by Peter

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

Tiberon Prime is strong in theory, but in practice not so much, it's a single target assault rifle with 42 bullets in the magazine, I doubt anybody will be able to use it against a horde of lvl 100+ enemies, and for a single target weapons we havve better options lika Tigris Prime or any sniper.

latest?cb=20180623221523

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

People are nervous to see a beautiful gold sword with a 5/5 dispo without even testing it, i love this community.

So are you trying to say here that Gram Prime should keep its disposition? That it is impossible to assess the general (not exact) power of a weapon with a spread sheet of info? Just want to make sure. 

I don't think Gram Prime in itself is power creep, it is a slower and shorter range, but harder hitting version of Galatine Prime (one of the best melee in game). Gram Prime is fine, it's Rivens are not. 

Edited by DrBorris

Peter you must be one of those riven sellers to so @DrBorris to my opinion we shound't feed the troll. If you eliminate the maiming strike from the equation, Gram Prime is THE strongest melee weapon in the game . And thanks to melee 3.0 we will get rid of usage of that broken maiming strike mechanic as well.

And back to begining of the topic which is soma's and some other weapons equatization of their riven dispositions.

Edited by Orakan

23 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

latest?cb=20180623221523

So are you trying to say here that Gram Prime should keep its disposition? That it is impossible to assess the general (not exact) power of a weapon with a spread sheet of info? Just want to make sure. 

I don't think Gram Prime in itself is power creep, it is a slower and shorter range, but harder hitting version of Galatine Prime (one of the best melee in game). Gram Prime is fine, it's Rivens are not. 

No, what I am trying to say is that the Disposition of Gram is not a problem, there are much stronger weapons at a lesser disposition.

Comparing a 2m range gun with an automatic minigun now makes no sense.

And I wonder where you fit Shred here?

fTk5O3w.jpg

39 minutes ago, Orakan said:

Peter you must be one of those riven sellers to so @DrBorris to my opinion we shound't feed the troll. If you eliminate the maiming strike from the equation, Gram Prime is THE strongest melee weapon in the game . And thanks to melee 3.0 we will get rid of usage of that broken maiming strike mechanic as well.

And back to begining of the topic which is soma's and some other weapons equatization of their riven dispositions.

Come to simulacrum with your godly Gram Riven and let me shash you with my Arca Titron.

And i'm not a maiming cancer user, also, if you want to appeal to the personal side I see that in your profile you do not have the Gram Prime, which makes your argument (and thread) completely invalid.

And riven salesmen are not the villains of this story, if you use a little what you call the head will realize that no matter if the Gram is with Disposition 5 or 1, in a short time people will stop looking for Riven for her as to any new weapon released.

September_15-28_2018.png?width=1268&heig

Wow, look where the mighty Tiberon is, was not that the mighty weapon of disposition 5?

Edited by Peter

40 minutes ago, Peter said:

And I wonder where you fit Shred here?

Get a Riven with either an elemental (toxin preferred) or with punch through (less desirable, as the amount of punch through would be overkill. A solution nonetheless).

Good luck with that slot machine. And remember, you are the one defending the system. Screw progression, right?

What if, crazy idea, you could use Rivens as a secondary Progression system. Where you put in a lot of effort into specializing a Riven for a weapon the way you want rather than the way RNG wants. Give me a grind wall, give me the biggest grind in the game, but at least let me ensure that I will get what I want at the end of the day was worth the grind.

... or just rely on the basic human drive that makes gambling 'fun' for some, exploiting addictive habits at the expense of 'fun' for those that dislike gambling.

Also, that chart is kinda funny given that literally half of the weapons shown there all have their dispositions determined by a "lesser" version of the weapon, then never had their dispositions readjusted after the new shiny came out. Supra was S#&$ty for years, then was buffed, then got a vandal.

47 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Get a Riven with either an elemental (toxin preferred) or with punch through (less desirable, as the amount of punch through would be overkill. A solution nonetheless).

And loose status chance and dmg tick from slash? no thx, Supra Vandal does the job better and isn't Dispo 5.

47 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Good luck with that slot machine. And remember, you are the one defending the system. Screw progression, right?

What if, crazy idea, you could use Rivens as a secondary Progression system. Where you put in a lot of effort into specializing a Riven for a weapon the way you want rather than the way RNG wants. Give me a grind wall, give me the biggest grind in the game, but at least let me ensure that I will get what I want at the end of the day was worth the grind.

... or just rely on the basic human drive that makes gambling 'fun' for some, exploiting addictive habits at the expense of 'fun' for those that dislike gambling.

Also, that chart is kinda funny given that literally half of the weapons shown there all have their dispositions determined by a "lesser" version of the weapon, then never had their dispositions readjusted after the new shiny came out. Supra was S#&$ty for years, then was buffed, then got a vandal.

Rivens are not required, you buy if you want, and if your fun depends on Rivens then I think it's time to look for a new game.

The chart shows the 10 most popular rivens, and I put it to show that it is not the disposition that made Tiberon to be sought, it has disposition 5 and is coming out of the top 10, it is already behind the Supra Vandal, Strange, is not it?

Well, I see that you are not up to a civilized conversation, I have shown facts and datas but prefer to insist on the imaginary friend.

Good luck to you, I guess.

Edited by Peter

Well DE has to push out their Prime Access. Don't you think? That's a chunk of their income. 
For people, Prime Access is about saving a lot of time, getting exclusive cosmetics, and, of course, supporting the devs.
Chroma Prime is basically a reskinned chroma with no major improvements over the og version! So people who buy prime access just to save time wont purchase the access pack just for him. If they put weapons with 1 disposition in prime access I doubt there would be much craze to get the weapons right away rather than grind it over a month or two.

P.S: I'm not defending riven disposition in its current state, But see it as a necessary evil

Edited by sarty_

On 2018-10-01 at 9:02 PM, Orakan said:

Datas taken from a riven selling site , yes very reliable source. Like I said , don't feed the troll please

Where else do you find data on riven popularity? Guess you can pull data straight out of your butthole? You made a good point in your OP, but the way you villainize people who trade rivens just make you look like a clueless idiot. 

Also Plague Kripath isn't even a Maiming Strike weapon. The innate viral damage makes it an ideal Condition Overload weapon where you use fast hitting attacks to quickly stack status effects and then deal crazy damage. But of course you wouldn't know, since you're not a degenerate like the rest of us so you wouldn't use degenerate weapons like Zaws right? 

On 2018-10-01 at 6:46 AM, Orakan said:

if you are not one of those maiming strike degenerates

Spoiler

7au96kl43rm01.png&f=1

EDIT: Just to be sure Riven's are okay though right? As long as I'm not using Memeing strike?

Spoiler

:^)

Edited by Cibyllae