Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get more weapon augments?

(XBOX)Aquarii Ptosi

That's basically it. Like can we get augments and syndicate weapons

Like scourge could easily be like a calphalon, rakta,  or loka weapon just up grade its crit chance an give it a unique affect like its head shot pulse last longer.

Or something like the broken scepter pulling out orbs and recharging at x2 the speed with like a chance for 50 kuva.

Idc what the effect is I just would really like to see more.

You want Syndicate Weapon Variants or Augment mods? As your Second Line suggests Syndicate variants of Weapons.
I think the Source would better fit the Red Veil (Rakta) as its Harrow`s signature weapon and hes obtained through the Red Veil`s quest.

Regarding Weapon Augments Mods, i agree there should be more of them tho i think older weapons should be prioritized when making them.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

Or something like the broken scepter pulling out orbs and recharging at x2 the speed with like a chance for 50 kuva.

Broken Scepter is a unique weapon that was owned exclusively by the Grineer Queens. I cant see how any of the Syndicates would even have knowledge of this weapon to work on and develop the Augments for it.

21 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Broken Scepter is a unique weapon that was owned exclusively by the Grineer Queens. I cant see how any of the Syndicates would even have knowledge of this weapon to work on and develop the Augments for it.

Meanwhile, the Arbiters of Hexis just casually have a bucketload of Burston Primes, long-lost weapons of the Orokin Era, sitting around to disassemble and study :tongue:. I'm not sure if lore availability of a weapon is really taken into account with syndicates.

That said, I agree that the Broken Scepter shouldn't have an augment, but more because it's a quest weapon. It's already got an ability and lore going for it, it'd be better to get augments for older weapons or weapons that are fun and unique, but lower on the progression curve.

That said, Scourge getting an augment would be all right by me. I like that weapon quite a bit, it's one of my workhorses since it's pretty broadly effective.

No offense you guys are missing the point entirely.  The weapons picked were completely random I dont even use the scourge or Broken scepter.  The point is more augments in general and secondly this is a dev/community built game. The devs  yes "tend" to not make quest related weapon augments however they have not ever stated that the wouldn't either so this nay say is pointless and irrelevant not to mention they already said we would never get uni vac but guess what our frames have? Smh dont you get that consistantly holding back ideas is worst for the game overall? Smh again idc about what weapons or what stats/quarks I just want that concept of weapon augments/syndicate variants to be flushed out more and taken advantage of. At least try to shake up the meta or come up with something origanal rather and always being a debby downer what's wrong with this community? But I digress. Thank you for your feedback this(being the original statement) however was addressed to DE not the community.

I agree with the intent of the suggestion, but I also feel it jumps to the conclusion. In general, augments exist for two reasons:

1. Some weapons are weak, and need/deserve to be stronger.
  2. Some weapons are generic, or otherwise lacking in flavor or some unique mechanic, and so need/deserve to be given some unique gameplay.

When one, usually both of these conditions are met, these weapons become candidates for augments, whether it's from syndicates, Rathuum, the Index, and so on. The origin doesn't really matter, because ultimately all weapons can be traced to some faction, which can then provide those augments through purchases or missions. What I take issue with, however, is the need to convey these changes through augments: I think augments are a band-aid, because they're usually designed to fix a weapon otherwise lacking in power or gameplay, yet by nature take up valuable mod space, while not actually cleanly resolving the issues with the weapon. If the desire here is to make weapons stronger and more unique, I feel those changes should be implemented directly via changes to the weapons themselves, rather than distributed through mods that would then become either mandatory or useless.

Edited by Teridax68

More augments?

I'll throw some ideas down right here.

Spoiler
  • Perrin Sequence: Spectra. Stuns robotics and jams the weapons of affected targets. Functionally identical to the Polarize augment for Mag.
  • Arbiters of Hexis: Talons. Decreased blast radius, removes a flat value of the targets armour. Functions similar to the armour reduction from Shattering Impact.
  • Cephalon Suda: Gammacor. Damaging targets causes a chance to drop additional resources on death.