Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being perma-Sortie-banned is really demotivating (Road to 150 Rivens)

Jukantos

2 hours ago, (PS4)SouthPhillySanta said:

I'm not really sure why the word hoarder is getting thrown around in this case. There are easily over 250 weapons in the game, with new ones constantly being added. We can't even hold rivens for 40% of that amount. I'm not seeing how this is hoarding, as opposed to collecting.

hoarding by definition is going over the limit in an excess amount when you know you are over the limit but simply do not care. because your feelings are more important then the limits given. which is most likely why nobody is really siding with the poster.

the limit of 90 is well known. if they want to hoard rivens knowing that once u have more then 2 over 90 its not gonna let u sortie its their own fault at this point. 

its like robbing a bank and complaining about being arrested.  

Edited by Makunogo

On 2018-10-20 at 6:12 PM, Jukantos said:

Update: Oh my god, excuse the profanity but did you REALLY just ban me from the Gift of the Lotus riven alerts on top of the sorties when they were previously open? THAT'S your reaction to this thread?

To say i'm disappointed and annoyed would be a massive understatement. I am REALLY angry right now, so please excuse me, but for that particular move, you've earned an F-Bomb: F whoever was petty enough to go in there and change that explicitely to further exclude hoarders like me while still refusing to offer us even a paid solution.

That was really really petty. Disgraceful.

That 50€ i had on the top shelf waiting for my next plat discount token? That's going into the new Dead by Daylight event skins right this minute. I genuinely feel personally attacked by that change, so i'm gonna do the most drastic thing i can and push back with my wallet.

OP unlocked the authentic taste of Warframe : Regret

how is this thread not locked yet i was kinda expecting it to be come locked since its turned form constructive criticism to out right complaining that op cant have all the over powered riven mods and that he surely uses all of them and thus have no desire to sell or dissolve them 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-24 at 1:59 PM, Makunogo said:

hoarding by definition is going over the limit in an excess amount when you know you are over the limit but simply do not care. because your feelings are more important then the limits given. which is most likely why nobody is really siding with the poster.

the limit of 90 is well known. if they want to hoard rivens knowing that once u have more then 2 over 90 its not gonna let u sortie its their own fault at this point. 

its like robbing a bank and complaining about being arrested.  

This was exactly my problem with the OP I stated a good while back. He's a hoarder, he created his own problem by knowingly, and with full intent going well over the Riven limit and now complains at DE to fix it for him.

@OP, you have your solution. Do it. Burn the trash you're never even going to use.

On 2018-10-20 at 6:12 AM, Jukantos said:

Update: Oh my god, excuse the profanity but did you REALLY just ban me from the Gift of the Lotus riven alerts on top of the sorties when they were previously open? THAT'S your reaction to this thread?

To say i'm disappointed and annoyed would be a massive understatement. I am REALLY angry right now, so please excuse me, but for that particular move, you've earned an F-Bomb: F whoever was petty enough to go in there and change that explicitely to further exclude hoarders like me while still refusing to offer us even a paid solution.

That was really really petty. Disgraceful.

That 50€ i had on the top shelf waiting for my next plat discount token? That's going into the new Dead by Daylight event skins right this minute. I genuinely feel personally attacked by that change, so i'm gonna do the most drastic thing i can and push back with my wallet.

Alright if this has been implemented then I'm in a similar situation as the OP. Although I haven't bought any slots I do tend to go over my 18 slots quite often. If I'm barred from the riven alerts at that point I really don't think this helps the situation at all. So now not only are you soft banned from sorties at the chance you might get a riven, but you are now soft banned from a guaranteed riven in an alert. This sucks but I figured that loophole would eventually be removed.

I don't buy into technical limitations either. So far as I know, copies of a Warframe or weapon can be given different colours, which means they're separate database entities, which means they'd run into the same "non-compression" / uniqueness issue as Rivens—at least up to a point. And, like others have said, there's tricks that can be done to minimize data throughput.

That said, reading through this thread, I can't help but wonder if DE limits Rivens because of the mentality this thread shows. Players don't have much of an incentive for more Warframe and weapon slots than one-for-each, with mods and colours being swappable pretty easy. But Rivens have hoard value. Two Rivens for the same weapon can be useful if, say, both have boosted crit but one has -Infested Damage and the other -Grineer damage. Plus the other in-betweens—one Gram Riven for crit, one for status, one for hybrid, etc. etc. And forget not the trading potential.

Maybe, because of that, DE is concerned with people overspending or just going too far in some direction or another. And I can see why they wouldn't really want to say that aloud, since it does seem to coddle players over paranoia. But the concern, even if I think it's a bit overkill, doesn't seem totally irrational, either.

Just a thought.

On 2018-10-01 at 11:20 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Storing Warframes is easy. Every Warframe is the same.
Each single Riven in the game needs its own "place" in the database, because Rivens are unique. No 2 Rivens are the same.
And DE has to offer enough database storage so every single account in Warframe could get 90 Rivens.
So with each new account-registration DE has to provide 90 additional riven-spots in the database.
The thing is, that it would be horrible, if DE ran out of storage. So they have to have quite the amount of storage up their sleeves, so that they are always prepared for any amount of new accounts that may come.
I hope you understand, why giving additional Riven-slots is so difficult.
Let's say there are 3 million accounts in Warframe. If DE gave us just 1 additional slot, they have to provide storage for 3 million slots. (Not taking into account the new registrations)
Riven-storage is a big problem. And it won't get solved that easily.

Do you really think that extra few kilobytes of data will make difference? especially that these are not free, people actually paying to get riven slots, so they paying for that storage... really an extra few kilobytes of information won't make any difference at all. And for each owned warframe, weapon, archwing, companion they have to store multiple configurations of mods and appearances already... also, think of the amount of people who will be willing to upgrade to 90+ rivens - I doubt there will be even couple thousands of them. If that is that much of a problem, any slots that go beyond 90 can cost like, twice or triple as much as previous ones. 

2 minutes ago, rsod25 said:

Do you really think that extra few kilobytes of data will make difference? especially that these are not free, people actually paying to get riven slots, so they paying for that storage

As if DE would only have to buy another hard drive and that's it...
It's about the upkeep. DE would have to pay continuously for more storage. Buying Rivens is a one-time payment.
You can't compare these two things... nice try, though.

16 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's about the upkeep. DE would have to pay continuously for more storage. Buying Rivens is a one-time payment.

No reason why they can't charge a little every month for over 90 rivens too from these who willing to own that much. If it's that much of a problem. Nice try though. 

Edited by rsod25

В 01.10.2018 в 23:20, WhiteMarker сказал:

No, you can't make a second account for storing-purpose, because you can't have your two accounts interact.
That's the reason.

Storing Warframes is easy. Every Warframe is the same.
Each single Riven in the game needs its own "place" in the database, because Rivens are unique. No 2 Rivens are the same.
And DE has to offer enough database storage so every single account in Warframe could get 90 Rivens.
So with each new account-registration DE has to provide 90 additional riven-spots in the database.
The thing is, that it would be horrible, if DE ran out of storage. So they have to have quite the amount of storage up their sleeves, so that they are always prepared for any amount of new accounts that may come.
I hope you understand, why giving additional Riven-slots is so difficult.
Let's say there are 3 million accounts in Warframe. If DE gave us just 1 additional slot, they have to provide storage for 3 million slots. (Not taking into account the new registrations)
Riven-storage is a big problem. And it won't get solved that easily.

are u serious? look pls games like Path of Exile where there are every item with unique numbers rolls. and there are millions of them -.- every player got like thousands of them in their stash and even more on standart. Its not even comparable. And NEVER (even when they were little company) GGG told like “man, its too hard for data”. lol. 

This reason is weak and not true. Every rpg works nice with rndom number valus on thousands of items and Warframe can only have 90 space for one player 😄 Sounds like a “truth”

10 000 random items in rpg for a player - 90 random items in Warframe for a player. Hehe. 

Edited by Melanholic7

19 hours ago, rsod25 said:

No reason why they can't charge a little every month for over 90 rivens too from these who willing to own that much. If it's that much of a problem. Nice try though. 

But then we'd run into the problem of obligating (complainants would use the word "forcing") players to pay for storage of their items when they feel that ability should be free, then potentially holding those players hostage for money to hang onto their extra Rivens. Nothing in Warframe has a paid subscription basis and I wouldn't blame DE for trying to avoid having any.

This would also raise further concerns and questions. If I subscribe to extra Riven slots and can't pay for a while, what happens to my Rivens? Are some deleted? Which ones, how are the deleted ones chosen? If I reduce my stock of Rivens to the level that's normally free, do I still have to pay the subscription fee? Is it per Riven or in increments, and if so would there be a new paid cap?

Am 2.11.2018 um 13:12 schrieb WhiteMarker:

Actually, due to the relation i have previous described, Rivens should refinance themselves comfortably just on a snowball-like basis.

If you can sell a terrabyte of storage space for effectively millions... that should cover the upkeep costs xD Not to mention the obvious solutions at hand with a local riven file and a checksum transfer instead of fully downloading all rivens every time a player logs in that i've also previously laid out.

Consider the following: Every new account which reaches the war within gets 15 FREE slots, including upkeep. I'd wager that's by far the majority of all slots in existance. And yea, that's speculation, i WISH i had those numbers, so i could see my arguments either founded in reality or countered. Unfortunately that's just not gonna happen now, is it? All DE hands are on Fortuna, and then they're gonna be on Railjack, and then The New War, and so on. If something THIS core to their lategame experience, with THIS much monetization potential is being disregarded, it's.... unlikely it's ever gonna be changed.

Which means i'm now DEFINITELY perma-sortie banned. I'll keep my 101 rivens forever, unless DE wanna go ahead and forcefully delete them from my account.

I thought if you were over the storage cap you just cant get new ones from sorties? Not being allowed to play them at all is news to me. But yea, i feel your pain. Originally i had set out on a quest to riven every weapon and make every weapon the best it could possibly be. Then i hit 90 rivens and it wouldn't let me buy more slots and found out about the cap. Ever since its been a delicate dance between transmuting rivens for weapons i dont use that often and trying to sell off duplicates for meta weapons before i hit the cap. When the day comes where i have to choose between a new riven and one for a weapon i like to use and have already incorporated the riven into the build is going to be a very dark day. Hopefully DE will address this issue and rais e the cap by then, who knows. With a cap on the riven capacity it really dampens the excitement about getting new rivens, instead of "oh boy a new riven" its "great what do i have to get rid of now". On top of that, maybe it will cut down on the absurd prices that drive the riven market (which may very well be the underlying reason why DE has refused to address it so far instead of the data storage issue)