Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Sucks!

shut

Apologies if this thread has already appeared recently.

Why is it that so much of the community has such a passionate hatred for "Raid"-type missions? I mean, I get it that you can easily Zorencopter through room after room, grab object, and fly away happily with your credits, but really, isn't that kinda what you do with Sabotage missions (except it takes 20-30 seconds longer than a Raid mission) and Spy/Deception missions (except they take maybe a minute longer for a master Zorencopterer)? If rushing is so much of an issue, then why band-aid the problem by taking away what is only slightly the most rush-able mission mode rather than finding a way to fix the rushing issue entirely?

Is there something I'm not seeing here?

Edited by SortaRandom

Oh boy, you're in luck! Those missions are gonna get removed soon and replaced with a new mission type: Survival.

I'm aware of the "Raid" getting removed. By "those missions", you mean Spy, Sabotage, Deception, etc are getting swapped out with Survival too?

'Cause that'd be... awfully lame.

I'm aware of the "Raid" getting removed. By "those missions", you mean Spy, Sabotage, Deception, etc are getting swapped out with Survival too?

'Cause that'd be... awfully lame.

Nope. Just Raid. Raid mission will all turn into Survival missions or something like that. Some of the other mission types are getting overhauled to be a little more involved/interesting though.

Survival is pretty simple too and as far as I can tell tends to be much more resource heavy.

Mmn, though survival plays more like defense than I'd like a farming mission to be. Besides I need a mission type that gets me to play all of the normal tilesets more.

I don't really understand, though. If the other Rushable missions are getting overhauled to be more interesting and such, why is Raid getting removed entirely? Why couldn't Raid be overhauled as well?

They are going to replace Raid with survival because they thought that raid is to similar to capture but the only differance is that in one of the you capture a corpus and in the other you take a artifact/mod or whatever, so thats why they are changing raid into survival. I think they said it in a livestream but i can't remember which one though

Edited by Starmachine24