Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

For our initial workshop, see here:

Hello all - we have some changes to report since our last workshop that we wanted to lay out in writing for you!

First things first:
Cosmetic Tributes are back to permanent fixtures in your Warframe journey.
This means the Lodestar Syandana and the Lodestar Armor Set - they are married to day 800 / 1000 respectively.

Next: Milestones!

On the major Milestone days (every 50 days between 0-1000) you will be presented with up to 3 Choices! These choices will still respect the original chronological release, and by the next time you reach a given category, you'll see a new item appear in place of what you've already chosen (if applicable).

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50,150,250, etc.
2. Primed Mods. Days 200,400,600, etc.
3. Weapons. Days 100,300,500, etc.

1000 and beyond!

Starting at Day 1050, Evergreen reward choices will be rotated every 50 Days though the following options:

Evergreen Choices A (choose one):
3 x Forma
3 x Exilus Adapter
4 x Weapon Slots

Evergreen Choices B (choose one):
50,000 Kuva
7-day Boosters (Affinity, Credits, Resource)
30,000 Endo

Evergreen Choices C (choose one):
3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

Scaling Day-to-day: Scale all the things!

One important thing to clarify is that the in-game items received on the non-Milestone Days in Daily Tribute system now scale based on the amount of days you have logged on. Endo is an example well documented in the past Workshop, but this also applies to Credits, Booster Durations, Resources, Syndicate Medallions, Relics, and Forma Blueprints.
The way this Scaling works is that we have chosen a base amount of a given item and applied a multiplier that reflects your current amount of Days logged in - it does vary by item type!
For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!

More flavour!

We have added custom lines and videos to each Daily Tribute which brings a Warframe NPC out to greet you on your new day. Fun flavour can be seen in action here:

Our goal from the last workshop remains the same:

We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that.

We've just now done it in a new iteration that still respects the time investment overall - and it's coming in the next Mainline update this PC!

Cheers, Tenno!

Neat. I'll just have to reach 1000 now anyway, already got past 950, so, I'll just enjoy the evergreen goodies (bar Choice C, which... bleh)

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I don't mind these changes. I can finally not miss any exclusives for taking a break! The evergreen items are all easily obtainable. Weapon slots aren't useful when you have been logging in for years.

As long as weapons are still gonna come out, weapon slots will always be useful.

4 minutes ago, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Weapon slots aren't useful when you have been logging in for years.

Maybe swap that for x3 Shotgun rivens?

Evergreen C has Rifle, Scondary, Melee, but no Shotguns.

Yeah... if you're past 1000 days I'm pretty sure the weapon/wf slots are the least thing you will be worrying about. It's not a complaint, it's just.... kinda odd. Not sure if even the tatos and tomato will make a difference.

Perhaps, Relics or Synd medal packs will be more fitting -- they are always needed.

So all the regular rewards, like the plat discount stay the same (up to 75%) ?
Only the "evergreen" rewards are scaled ?

The discount my only concern when it comes to login rewards beside mastery fodder weapons and op Prime mods 🙂

It's kind of a bummer that i can only choose 1 out of 3 choices instead of all 3 from a group, but.. better than getting sigils every 50days
Also: 3 forma ? really ? you give us 3 tomatos which is ok? if u dont have tomatos thats actualy good, but 3 forma ? not even 5 ? being 1 per 10days ? 3 forma for 50 days is so not worth

Just now, Voltage said:

24 Platinum worth of slots for logging in 1050 days. That is 0.02 Platinum per login for 2 years+.

Still, there are people like me who don't stock up on weapon slots. I generally buy them on a need-to-have basis so, getting them for just logging in, I personally ain't complaining. Could be a good time saver too if I know I have some weapons that have finished cooking but no slots for them, and just happen to log in on an evergreen day.

1 minute ago, Nepelwerfer said:

When you say that we get up to 3 choices for the milestones, does it mean that my next milestone (200 days) allows me to choose a sigil, mod or weapon and I can choose to get Zenistar?

From what it looks like, you will get a choice of 3 Primed mods.

On Day 300 you will get a choice of 3 weapons, Zenistar should be one of those.

Archived