Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

1000 and beyond!

Starting at Day 1050, Evergreen reward choices will be rotated every 50 Days though the following options:

Evergreen Choices A (choose one):
3 x Forma
3 x Exilus Adapter
4 x Weapon Slots

Evergreen Choices B (choose one):
50,000 Kuva
7-day Boosters (Affinity, Credits, Resource)
30,000 Endo

Evergreen Choices C (choose one):
3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

A lot of this seems fine to me but this section is off to a good start but has some issues.

Choice A is all low value items.

You don't need a lot of exilus adaptors as you will quickly accumulate enough for the available frames or be able to get more without issue at 1000+ days. Same with weapon slots.

Forma is a good idea but three is a pretty low value. I would say it should be upped to 8 to 10, which is enough to max out one or two items.

Weapon slots and Exilus adaptors should be dropped in favor of something else. Catalysts would be a good replacement for Exilus adapters as the release of new weapons generally outpaces the various ways to get them in game especially with modular weapons being more of a thing.

Weapon slots are a bit more dificult. I am trying to think of what is needed or wanted as a veteran player and the only thing that comes to mind that isn't represented somewhere in here is syndicate standing. Giving us say 100k-200k in a syndicate of our choice, including Conclave, Simaris, Ostrong and Quills, and when they are added Solaris United would certainly be helpful to a lot of veteran players and would allow us to put the rewards toward progression, cosmetics or just a lot of relic packs if we so wished. and on a personal note would aleviate the PVP grind for me.

Choice B is good on the Kuva and bad on everything else.

Endo is fine but that amount doesn't even represent maxing a single primed mod. Should be at least 50k IMO and possibly given via ayatan sculptures, preferably a unique one. That way people could get a decoration, endo or something to trade with. I don't know what to say about the booster other than it is just worse than the Kuva IMO and as someone that is running a constant flow of affinity and credit boosters from the prime accessories pack the only thing that would be remotely useful would be the resources and to further add to that, vets can get credits and affinity easily and most would just use the resource booster to farm Kuva. This is another one that is difficult because what do you give someone that has been playing for 1000 days that is still potentially useful. For myself I would say arcane packs that maybe give you 10 to 20 arcanes from the arcane pool with a certain amount of uncommon and rare ones guaranteed.

Choice C is probably the best of the bunch but sadly is lacking in shotgun rivens.

Earlier in the thread I saw a suggestion of maintaining the rivens but adjusting the ones that are available.

1. 2x Primary and 2x secondary.

2. 3 melee.(maybe split these between 2 regular and 1 zaw)

3.1 shotgun.

So... when will this update coming out? Next month?

I am only 17 more days away to reach day 500. Does it mean I should stop playing Warframe from now until the update come out or I can't choose my reward and wait at least 200 more days to pick up the weapon I wanted?

To be honest, both options sound horrible to me. I was hopping DE will at least has plans or ways make up to players fall into this situation but I can't find any in this dev workshop.

Life is unfair, I get it. My passion to login daily has backfire and I should stop playing Warframe 16 more login days later until the moment I can choose my reward. That's suck.

Having a Legendary Fusion Core in there somewhere would be freaking amazing. I have been playing since the game came out, but have never had a Legendary Fusion Core drop for me in game. That would be a sweet road to cross, even if it were a little anti climactic to get it from a login reward. 

Personally I really like the new system but having more booster / catalyst / riven/ riven slot rewards post 1,000 days would be something that is handy for me as a veteran player. 

Another interesting idea would be to potentially adding "primed arcanes" of different types (frame / zaw / operator / kit gun?) would be a sweet new direction as well.

I passed the thousand day threshold a little while ago. Yesterday my login reward was Morphics, and I believe the day before it was five thousand credits. I certainly would have preferred a week-long booster or a pile of Kuva, even a few pre-built Forma would be a nice bonus. So these all look like moves in the right direction, at least.

Are you people really complaining about saving up plat? I'm 1000+ days in and sure as hell want those free weapons slots, it's the only thing that really interests me in this new system, rivens and kuva I don't touch since I despise that system, endo is useless once you got all the good stuff leveled up (got 955k endo just sitting there, again rivens are an endo sink for people, but not for me). Forma and exilus are always useful and boosters, meh, don't really need 'em.

Bring on the free slots!

What's happening to the login reward specific glyphs? As it stands, I currently equip the glyphs to tell other players I have been playing for the past almost three years now, but if the glyphs become selectable with the day 50 etc. reward tier I will be disappointed if you don't give a special glyph for like day 1000.as that would be detrimental to me showing how long I have been supporting DE

Some good changes here. Improving Evergreen A has been mentioned heavily.

For all the people complaining about 3 years of logins you act like you just started this game. Once you get the armor at 1000, that's it, the rest after that is nice fluff. The point of these evergreen rewards is so that everyone is pretty much equal after 1000 days so any gap in days you may have to a more active player is made insignificant at that mark.

There is no need to rush since you'll get to 1000 inevitably and then be on the same level as everyone else who reached that point. The biggest complaint was people not wanting to be eternally behind when it came to earning unique items. This solves that.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently.

So, basically: screw all the people who play and support this game loyally for years but can only afford to log in a couple of times per week max. This system rewards nothing but one's capacity of sitting on ther chair and input their passwords every day. It has NOTHING to do with actually playing the game or being an actual veteran. It makes people who played this game for a year, but was able to no-life enough to log in all 365 day, look more of a veteran than those who played this game for four years but can only afford to play on the weekends.

If I'm at day 194 or so shouldn't I be able to pick the weapon reward from day 100? Because the wait until 300 days seems a bit tuff. Maybe this rule should mainly apply to the weapons reward. Because tbh the only weapon most people care about is the Zenistar. Or, stay with me, the weapons could just be removed from the login in system since it would be better for all players to be able to obtain them through some kind of in game challenge/boss fight. Just a suggestion

1 hour ago, JesterTheNight said:

Are you people really complaining about saving up plat? I'm 1000+ days in and sure as hell want those free weapons slots, it's the only thing that really interests me in this new system, rivens and kuva I don't touch since I despise that system, endo is useless once you got all the good stuff leveled up (got 955k endo just sitting there, again rivens are an endo sink for people, but not for me). Forma and exilus are always useful and boosters, meh, don't really need 'em.

Bring on the free slots!

It is more the perceived value. Slots are 2 for 12 plat. They are the cheapest for plat only item by a good margin and anyone that has been playing for this long can easily recoup that cost with a single trade. Weapon slots just aren't considered that valuable to most players as they are easily obtainable and hence not considered a good item to reward you for playing for 1000+ days. Don't get me wrong, I am glad someone likes them but weapon slots are worthless to me.

i like this but. 
How about you take out the cosmetics, weapon and mods replace them with legendary cores, endo, and boosters, then make the cosmetics, weapon and mods available by challenge missions.
Challenge EX: Complete a 60 min lvl 30+ survival with no mods equipped on the warframe solo - unlock azima
Another example: Get to wave 100 of any defense with only a melee weapon - unlock zenistar
Or if those seem to crazy for some
Easier challenge : 10000 headshots on grineer - unlock azima
Ex: complete 50 defense missions with melee weapon only - unlock zenistar.

Wow so I'm really liking this new system. With actual rewards stopping at day 1000. This for me is kinda like catching up but without actually catching up. this is the kinda work that i like to see you guys do. But who needs slots at day 1000+? I'm sure maybe some small tweaks but you guys are heading in the right directions with this that's for sure. So I will never be inevitably behind on milestone rewards. i'll just have a little less resources but that's good. can't wait for the mainline update.

Just now, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I already said this. That's 1000 at 1000 btw. If you cut it in half to where you get 500 by day 1000 - we may have better chances of seeing it become a thing. 

Was half-joking earlier, but didn't see your comment in there - I don't bother reading every single page in big threads like this.

Still, having some kind of plat reward in the game somewhere would be a good thing.

Archived