Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-10-02 at 1:44 PM, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

i like this but. 
How about you take out the cosmetics, weapon and mods replace them with legendary cores, endo, and boosters, then make the cosmetics, weapon and mods available by challenge missions.
Challenge EX: Complete a 60 min lvl 30+ survival with no mods equipped on the warframe solo - unlock azima
Another example: Get to wave 100 of any defense with only a melee weapon - unlock zenistar
Or if those seem to crazy for some
Easier challenge : 10000 headshots on grineer - unlock azima
Ex: complete 50 defense missions with melee weapon only - unlock zenistar.

I absolutely love this suggestion and want to draw attention to it, even if I think a few things listed here need to be reworked, like the no mods equipped solo thing which is just downright unreasonable considering how life support is acquired.

Any content in warframe (Like the upcoming elite alerts) that challenges players in a way that tests their skills and builds to their absolute peak limit to provide a genuine challenge that likely only a small percentage of players will be able to complete (Like that one tactical alert, I think it was phoenix interception, where you had to use heavy blades only against a cluster #*!% of level 150 enemies and it was the first ever thing to reward the rift sigil) is something I have missed from warframe ever since void keys got replaced with relics and raids were removed from the game (even though I wasn't personally a fan of raids).

Would it foster cheese? Maybe. But I kinda miss being required to cheese to do certain things in warframe, because it was a sign that content was actually challenging players, requiring communication, and facilitating outside the box approaches to content. Sorties are cool and all but we need nightmare sorties or something like it like these challenges the_awsome123 suggested.

Looking good to me! One specific question, does this imply the possibility of getting duplicates of a reward already obtained? I'm thinking of certain people (not to name one) who might have sold a login reward-specific item (Azima) early on in the game by not realizing its potential, and now regretting that there is no way to produce a new one. I'd gladly offer 100 days of logging in to get it back 😉

EDIT: I'm thinking of a syndicate-like interface, where successive login hallmarks would unlock rewards, and upon reaching a n*100 mark, I get to choose a new weapon, or to receive a duplicate of one that I already own, or if the day is 800/1000 the new cosmetic, without it being imposed on me.

I c, nice "improvement", its sure is a much less discouraging this way for newer to semi-newer player ( under 3 years log in) with this new system.Not only do you have to log in for 700days to get mods and weapons, now u need to log in 350 more days to be able to get to the scaling system.The system which should have been the system replacing the one we have atm...

I find it funny that DE did listen to all those "lets keep it exclusive" who don't event like the cosmetics which u get at max 1k days and will continue to wear theyr tennogen/deluxe or other skins they bought.

Also that a lot of those are also the ones who dont even like the "evergreen" system because the rewards are not big enough or are giving slots (for free) where u can choose not to pick the slots. You will never satisfy them no matter what u do, except if you give them something what nobody else can have, so that they can feel special.

You should have just gotten rid of this system altogether, sure some would have been butt-hurt, but in the end it would have been better and it wouldnt divide your community that much.

And btw, logging in for a min and logging out after that is not an effort..

Why dont you also protest bug fixes, i mean "veterans" had to endure some of them, let the newbies  endure them too!

6 minutes ago, CaesarSaladin said:

From what I understand, the odd number milestones (100, 300, 500, etc) will change into weapon rewards. Or did I get this wrong?

Then you will likely have to wait until you reach other milestones to get the mod. You really are in a strange login position.

Just now, KIREEK said:

Then you will likely have to wait until you reach other milestones to get the mod. You really are in a strange login position.

The thing is that day 1000 is tied to the Lodestar Armor set, and all the succeeding milestones after 1000 will become evergreen rewards. Which, if I'm not gravely mistaken with my understanding of the new system, means I would lose my chance of ever getting P.Sure Footed

10 hours ago, CaesarSaladin said:

I really, really, really hope you're not deploying the update before this server reset.

WkyEpkb.jpg

Please DE, I beg of you.

YEAH, GOTTA GRAB THAT PRIMED SURE FOOTED!

Lmao.

Use Handspring. 

1 hour ago, Evhel.nVbs said:

YEAH, GOTTA GRAB THAT PRIMED SURE FOOTED!

Lmao.

Use Handspring. 

I can see why a lot of people aren't particularly fond of the mod. Personally though, P.Sure Footed is amazing. I prefer it over Handspring for a couple of reasons; a lot of knockdown scenarios also tend to push you back, and Handspring cannot prevent that. The stagger from P.Sure Footed still keeps you in position, with the only exception being Shield Lancers. For me that saves a lot of recovery time, apart from just comparing the knockdown vs stagger recovery animations. Also, this solves my problem with Ancient Healers and any enemies that pulls you in. I did a few tests and I must say this works so much better than Handspring despite the staggers. The endo investment, at least in my situation, wasn't really a problem.

I just hope the 3x Rivens won't just evapourate into the aether when I have no free slots aviable - I'm already 7 mods over my capacity...

Also at coice A: Of course I'll always gonna chose 3x Exilus Slots, the other choices are far easier to farm/ cheaper to get than them.

"For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!"

You know, when they said "it will be more rewarding" I actually believed that. What a mixed bag of chips, y'all just can't do it all the way good, you have to mess up half way through, giving something as infinitely useless as "6xTellurium!" to people who have logged 1000+ days is like spitting in people's faces dammit.

Why is Varida Suit changed?  Now it has all this junk on the top that I specifically do NOT want.  I spent plat on this suit so that I could look good, and now it just looks horrible!  My entire fashion operator is ruined now, and the Varida Suit was the ONLY one that worked at all.  Can we have the original back please?

I'm gonna be blunt here, this still feels pretty awful. It's been months and months since 'reworking daily rewards' was being discussed and something that everyone seems to agree on is that collecting weapons is a RIDICULOUS grind. In a game where your level is literally linked to how many weapons you have access to, having 4 locked behind years upon years of waiting is still a horrible mechanic.

After all this waiting and discussion, what do we get? The exact same 'milestones' holding weapons hostage. I feel like I haven't even played the game in about 3 months since I finished mastery on everything else except when new content drops. I'm just logging in and closing the game because I want these frankly mediocre mastery points, and no matter how much effort I put into the game, it's another 2 years before I get a sword and shield.

Please, PLEASE, just lower the milestone intervals, am I missing some reason why not? There's NO downside. More than half a year between each weapon is insulting to players, cosmetics and resources are fine, but locking gameplay behind this system is terrible. It's the only part of Warframe that I despise.

The scaling of booster time was pretty nice to see, but seeing that the evergreen choices didn't really change is kind of disappointing.

Not having something (cosmetic or not) unique post 1k, even as simple as a glyph or sigil makes it feel kind of empty.

Archived