[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

3 hours ago, Khaltzane said:

What about when they bring out new stuff... There's the kit guns coming out so you'd need more slots to get every possible bit of MR from them.

They're dirt cheap. They would be more suited to give to newer players through unlocking star chart or new player quests. Or give extra slots with the weapon milestones.

I have never had a platinum problem in this game when it comes to weapon slots. I don't find it an appropriate "reward" to players if they're locking it behind almost 3 years of logins. 

• Like 1

On 2018-10-02 at 7:57 AM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Leave it to the QQ clan to complain about An option in set of rewards

• Like 1

On 2018-10-01 at 10:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!

This example feels a bit demoralizing. Just a bit.

Also yea... I'm MR25, I play waaaaaaay too much for my own good already, I'm pretty sure when/if I get to 1000+ days of logins I won't need any weapon slot. If they're so inclined to provide weapon slots to players then add them to early rotations, I've met a good couple of newbies who considered this game hard to play cuz of how difficult in the early game it is to get slots and ended up quitting it (not implying it's hard, just saying newbies don't know so it's hard for them).

I was actually expecting a full rework to this system like they meant to do and instead we're basically getting the same thing with a bit more choice - players still need 700+ days to get every single MR fodder item - this should not be a thing, even though I can pick which weapon I want, progress of any kind should not be locked behind login days. Having only resources, boosters (for example) and fashion items would be a good idea, you could just give the weapons to an NPC like any proper syndicate. What this system does is basically make a player log in every day to get the prize and log off which is a problem.

But to be honest what really triggers me is that 1000+ day reward. I'll even provide the maths for anybody that happens to be lazy:

Consider a year = 365 days, 2 years = 730 days so basically I'm expected to play roughly 3 years (3 years = 1095 days according to the previous maths) in order to reach the evergreen prizes. This is flat out crazy - even more considering we don't have content to support this amount of play time.

I honestly think we'd be better off without this system. Leave it for resources, fashion items, boosters, the occasional plat discount, etc. Forma is always a good idea, rivens sure, weapon slots, warframe slots maybe, kuva, endo, if all scales the better.

Edited by _Kiro
  • Upvote 2

OK NICE

Thank you for keeping the Cosmetics within timeline. At least there is perk of being loyal to the game.

I would love 50k Kuva without effort myself XD

@[DE]Rebecca

Have DE clarified what will happen if you are near a reward that will be moving when they bring the changes out?

I am currently 12 days away from the lodestar syandana but DE are moving it to 1000 days when the changes come out I believe. Have DE stated that your current rewards will lock when the update comes out? or are they just going to take the reward you are currently working on and move it to 1000 days?

• Like 1

On 2018-10-01 at 11:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!

Idk if this has been posted yet or if these are the final numbers. But 6 Tellurium at Day 1000 is unnecessary.

I am at Day 750 and have 300 spare ones. One 20minute polymer run in Ophelia provides me with another 6-10 Tellurium.

Can you not just delete those "rare" resources from the pool? I don't think any player above 500 days need Neural Sensors, Morphics, Tellurium, Gallium, etc

• Upvote 1

I still don't think mods should be walled off by a timebased lock. I usually play longer sessions per day as opposed to loggin in each day so I'm naturally at a disadvantage here.

This looks good, but please consider removing weapon slots and exilus from the drop table. If you've played 1,050+ days, I'm willing to bet beyond a shadow of a doubt that outside of a very small bracket of players playing that long, you definitely know how to acquire plat very quickly to get those whether you're invested enough in the game to pay for it with real money or simply acquire it from the trading tab by selling off items, and therefore they are inconsequential to "Grofit" and may as well be nothing.

Like, if we're being honest here, endo drops are more useful to you at day 1,050+ than this. The reason for this is that you will always need endo to rank mods you want to sell off, but yet there are only so many warframes and weapons to put an exilus on or store.

Literally every single other reward is good enough as long as my daily tribute number doesn't reset to 0 with this new system, especially the A forma and B resource boosters, just yeah, please reconsider the A rewards.

On 2018-10-02 at 1:44 PM, (PS4)the_awsome123 said:

i like this but. 
How about you take out the cosmetics, weapon and mods replace them with legendary cores, endo, and boosters, then make the cosmetics, weapon and mods available by challenge missions.
Challenge EX: Complete a 60 min lvl 30+ survival with no mods equipped on the warframe solo - unlock azima
Another example: Get to wave 100 of any defense with only a melee weapon - unlock zenistar
Or if those seem to crazy for some
Easier challenge : 10000 headshots on grineer - unlock azima
Ex: complete 50 defense missions with melee weapon only - unlock zenistar.

I absolutely love this suggestion and want to draw attention to it, even if I think a few things listed here need to be reworked, like the no mods equipped solo thing which is just downright unreasonable considering how life support is acquired.

Any content in warframe (Like the upcoming elite alerts) that challenges players in a way that tests their skills and builds to their absolute peak limit to provide a genuine challenge that likely only a small percentage of players will be able to complete (Like that one tactical alert, I think it was phoenix interception, where you had to use heavy blades only against a cluster #*!% of level 150 enemies and it was the first ever thing to reward the rift sigil) is something I have missed from warframe ever since void keys got replaced with relics and raids were removed from the game (even though I wasn't personally a fan of raids).

Would it foster cheese? Maybe. But I kinda miss being required to cheese to do certain things in warframe, because it was a sign that content was actually challenging players, requiring communication, and facilitating outside the box approaches to content. Sorties are cool and all but we need nightmare sorties or something like it like these challenges the_awsome123 suggested.

Looking good to me! One specific question, does this imply the possibility of getting duplicates of a reward already obtained? I'm thinking of certain people (not to name one) who might have sold a login reward-specific item (Azima) early on in the game by not realizing its potential, and now regretting that there is no way to produce a new one. I'd gladly offer 100 days of logging in to get it back 😉

EDIT: I'm thinking of a syndicate-like interface, where successive login hallmarks would unlock rewards, and upon reaching a n*100 mark, I get to choose a new weapon, or to receive a duplicate of one that I already own, or if the day is 800/1000 the new cosmetic, without it being imposed on me.

Edited by Nihilius78

Pls give us more riven slots, then. Been maxed out for ages, with 3x bundles coming in I might not even be allowed to accept them

I c, nice "improvement", its sure is a much less discouraging this way for newer to semi-newer player ( under 3 years log in) with this new system.Not only do you have to log in for 700days to get mods and weapons, now u need to log in 350 more days to be able to get to the scaling system.The system which should have been the system replacing the one we have atm...

I find it funny that DE did listen to all those "lets keep it exclusive" who don't event like the cosmetics which u get at max 1k days and will continue to wear theyr tennogen/deluxe or other skins they bought.

Also that a lot of those are also the ones who dont even like the "evergreen" system because the rewards are not big enough or are giving slots (for free) where u can choose not to pick the slots. You will never satisfy them no matter what u do, except if you give them something what nobody else can have, so that they can feel special.

You should have just gotten rid of this system altogether, sure some would have been butt-hurt, but in the end it would have been better and it wouldnt divide your community that much.

And btw, logging in for a min and logging out after that is not an effort..

Why dont you also protest bug fixes, i mean "veterans" had to endure some of them, let the newbies  endure them too!

Edited by imbressive

3 minutes ago, CaesarSaladin said:

I really, really, really hope you're not deploying the update before this server reset.

WkyEpkb.jpg

Please DE, I beg of you.

You will be able to chose the reward, or is 900 a different category?

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

You will be able to chose the reward, or is 900 a different category?

From what I understand, the odd number milestones (100, 300, 500, etc) will change into weapon rewards. Or did I get this wrong?

6 minutes ago, CaesarSaladin said:

From what I understand, the odd number milestones (100, 300, 500, etc) will change into weapon rewards. Or did I get this wrong?

Then you will likely have to wait until you reach other milestones to get the mod. You really are in a strange login position.

Just now, KIREEK said:

Then you will likely have to wait until you reach other milestones to get the mod. You really are in a strange login position.

The thing is that day 1000 is tied to the Lodestar Armor set, and all the succeeding milestones after 1000 will become evergreen rewards. Which, if I'm not gravely mistaken with my understanding of the new system, means I would lose my chance of ever getting P.Sure Footed

You are correct. Try to message steve or rebecca, maybe they can advice better. You are likely not alone.

Has it been confirmed that the mainline update will be deployed within the day? I'd rather not directly bother them with this if it turns out that my concern is actually a non-issue. But thanks, I'll consider it.

10 hours ago, CaesarSaladin said:

I really, really, really hope you're not deploying the update before this server reset.

WkyEpkb.jpg

Please DE, I beg of you.

YEAH, GOTTA GRAB THAT PRIMED SURE FOOTED!

Lmao.

Use Handspring. 

1 hour ago, Evhel.nVbs said:

YEAH, GOTTA GRAB THAT PRIMED SURE FOOTED!

Lmao.

Use Handspring. 

I can see why a lot of people aren't particularly fond of the mod. Personally though, P.Sure Footed is amazing. I prefer it over Handspring for a couple of reasons; a lot of knockdown scenarios also tend to push you back, and Handspring cannot prevent that. The stagger from P.Sure Footed still keeps you in position, with the only exception being Shield Lancers. For me that saves a lot of recovery time, apart from just comparing the knockdown vs stagger recovery animations. Also, this solves my problem with Ancient Healers and any enemies that pulls you in. I did a few tests and I must say this works so much better than Handspring despite the staggers. The endo investment, at least in my situation, wasn't really a problem.

What if after passing a milestone, an unlocked weapon's blueprint appears in Cephalon's archive?  Just in case people sell of the unique weapon and can't get it back.  You already did this with Tesshin's glaive.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1