Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

I guess my question for the development team on this, for someone who is over the 1000 day login, Are you doing away with primed mods, special weapons, sigils, customization and what not, it's just do 1000 logins then get the big fluff stuff?  I mean is there nothing else planned for the system aside from the revamp?

6 minutes ago, Frost_King said:

I guess my question for the development team on this, for someone who is over the 1000 day login, Are you doing away with primed mods, special weapons, sigils, customization and what not, it's just do 1000 logins then get the big fluff stuff?  I mean is there nothing else planned for the system aside from the revamp?

Sounds like it 

Which is disappointing at least to me because I was hoping the purpose of the rework was to make the login system flexable enough that they had the freedom to add new items to it.

However with the current proposed system adding new things is detrimental to the whole point of a login system so they're best course of action with the new system is to never add anything new. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

My point is... Login when u can... Get rewards based on the time your here. Not the time your not here.

It doesn't reward time in-game, playing, interacting with others, contributing to Warframe. It rewards pressing log in, log out each day, that's it. You could write a script to get you all the rewards your heart desires to minimize the effort, contribute nothing to the community, and still walk away with more than someone who spends what free time they have each weekend, etc., playing the game and being active.

It's not something I can prove, nor is it something DE will ever admit, but it's clear this system is about keeping stable login numbers day after day after day despite content droughts and certain ongoing issues that are never addressed or mentioned and then tossed by the side. If you want to pretend that logging in each day shows that you support the game and makes you worthy of the rewards that come with it be my guest. I prefer games where BiS items aren't locked behind an arbitrary time gate of years to claim them all.

I like to play in longer sessions when I play, and the fact that this system punishes that just turns me off of it even more. The worst part is that founders and early players who were a part of the game and did log in for hundreds of days, for actual years before this system was implemented, never received any adjustment for that. We know how extensive DE's logs are, they have the data on those players, how many days the logged in, and the like, and never any compensation for putting in the "effort" you say the rewards are payment for.

There are so many reasons this system is garbage. Since actually playing the game or spending money on it aren't considering worthy contributions, though, I'll just bide my time and play as the mood strikes. I'll focus my effort on titles where active participation is what brings returns.

13 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Sounds like it 

Which is disappointing at least to me because I was hoping the purpose of the rework was to make the login system flexable enough that they had the freedom to add new items to it.

However with the current proposed system adding new things is detrimental to the whole point of a login system so they're best course of action with the new system is to never add anything new. 

That is what I am hearing too, that it sounds like the login rewards idea giving new primed mods and gear is being phased out.

32 minutes ago, True_Naeblis said:

It doesn't reward time in-game, playing, interacting with others, contributing to Warframe. It rewards pressing log in, log out each day, that's it. You could write a script to get you all the rewards your heart desires to minimize the effort, contribute nothing to the community, and still walk away with more than someone who spends what free time they have each weekend, etc., playing the game and being active.

It's not something I can prove, nor is it something DE will ever admit, but it's clear this system is about keeping stable login numbers day after day after day despite content droughts and certain ongoing issues that are never addressed or mentioned and then tossed by the side. If you want to pretend that logging in each day shows that you support the game and makes you worthy of the rewards that come with it be my guest. I prefer games where BiS items aren't locked behind an arbitrary time gate of years to claim them all.

I like to play in longer sessions when I play, and the fact that this system punishes that just turns me off of it even more. The worst part is that founders and early players who were a part of the game and did log in for hundreds of days, for actual years before this system was implemented, never received any adjustment for that. We know how extensive DE's logs are, they have the data on those players, how many days the logged in, and the like, and never any compensation for putting in the "effort" you say the rewards are payment for.

There are so many reasons this system is garbage. Since actually playing the game or spending money on it aren't considering worthy contributions, though, I'll just bide my time and play as the mood strikes. I'll focus my effort on titles where active participation is what brings returns.

Regardless... Whining because ur not getting rewarded for not logging in/playing is dumb.

Focus on other titles... Your loss tbh.

No 3x Shotgun Riven? Or is that lumped with rifle riven?

Also, the 4x weapon slot is just ... I dunno man. Unless DE plans to spam out weapons like no tomorrow why would we need them? Forma and Exilus is just as lul. Can't we have 3x Catalyst instead? Comparing the rewards, 3 Exilus is the most expensive plat wise to purchase unless there are plans for Exilus Bundle. 4 weapon slots is a measly 24 plat tho.

50,000 Kuva sounds pretty nice for how lazy it is to get it though. I like that idea.

still need to log in for 2 years to get the rewards that a lot of people believe that shouldn't even be locked behind this system/such a huge time wall... it's like DE read half the feedback.

While I'm only about a third way through the login progression, I can still see myself in need of forma, exilus adapters and weapon slots two years from now. Warframe continually gets new weapons and frames, all in need of the items above.

half-empty-or-half-full-picture-id483830

1 minute ago, CasiusFaux said:

So if this hits in the next 21 days, I'm gonna get a tad screwed out of the Sigma & Octantis. As I'm 21 days away from getting it. It being the day 600 weapon, and day 600 getting swapped to a primed mod... Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sigma and Octantis is originally day 700 and Primed Shred is day 600. so its the same as before

So no more milestone based weapons and mods? how sad.

they are only reason I keep logging in everyday, giving me new experiences in gameplay.

Evergreen rewards look quite good, but old veterans are not desperate for them.

they are more useful to relatively new players.

If someone has played warframe more than 1k days, he would have experienced almost everything in this game.

Evergreen rewards will not give veterans new enjoyments.

Without having new experience, why should I keep logging in everyday after 1k days?

I think we're losing great things in milestones.

WOW at people saying that after 1000 days you don't need weapon slots.

If you mean that you have a self going economy to purchase them without stress I can agree, but you'll always need more slots because weapons/reinforcement will keep being released.

Only with the release of Fortuna you'll have at least 6 kitguns to make plus the other eventual weapons.

I'm not even happy for this rework, just relieved it isn't going to keep getting worse, that's the extent of my feelings for all of this which is disappointing. Unique rewards are still a travesty that never should have happened, much less the length they have gotten to. These evergreen rewards should have been how the system worked from the get go, valuable but not exclusionary rewards that motivate people to login but don't penalize people for not joining the game early enough or not having an ideal life schedule. Ironically all the evergreen rewards seem to be getting flack for is them being valuable only early on and not belonging so late into the curve. 

Archived