[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

Wow DE panders to the loud minority and said lot are still unhappy. Colour me surprised, DE has managed to blunder their way into alienating 99% of the community with this new rework.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-10-01 at 4:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Well, considering weapons will keep being made, this is just an option to avoid spending the plat. Unlike forma and adapters, they can’t be grinded for. I’ll need to buy more weapon slots eventually, as does everyone else, especially once those kit guns come out. The yearly duplicate anniversary weapons aren’t enough free weapon slots for what’s to come. Honestly it’s the best option out of the 3 in rotation A. Anyone that’s gotten to day 1000 has more than enough adapters and forma stocked up.

Edited by Shadedraxe

35 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Wow DE panders to the loud minority and said lot are still unhappy. Colour me surprised, DE has managed to blunder their way into alienating 99% of the community with this new rework.

You're implying that 99% of their community don't log in daily to play the game. If that is indeed true then that 99% of the community should really stop worrying about the 1% of players who actually are at the point where this stuff matters since they wont get to the point where it matters for another 3 or so years. 

And all they're doing with these changes is saying "thanks for supporting us, but now we can't be bothered making new things for you so yeah.. buh bye". It's a joke.. Even one armor set if they split it up in 50 day incriments is 250 days where they dont need to add more things and it's still better than the rewards that you can ALREADY GET just playing the game. 

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Evergreen A needs some work. It is unlikely you're going to need exilus adapters or slots at day 1050. A better option would probably be riven slots, kuva or endo. Things that would bring a little QoL after so many days grind.

Well riven slots are capped, it would become a pointless choice once you reach that cap (or bought your way to it like many other players reaching 1000+ days may already have if they’re intense traders in the riven market). and as for weapon slots, people will always need more as long as DE keep making weapons. Especially with all of those kit guns around the corner and any other construct iteration on other free roam planets some day. Adapters though... I’ll have to agree with that. Players  don’t need them as often as they’ll need forma, and warframes aren’t produced nearly as often as weapons. Considering you only need one adapter per frame, it wouldn’t be missed if it was replaced in the drop table.

Edited by Shadedraxe

15 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

You're implying that 99% of their community don't log in daily to play the game. If that is indeed true then that 99% of the community should really stop worrying about the 1% of players who actually are at the point where this stuff matters since they wont get to the point where it matters for another 3 or so years. 

Some can't, some have the misfortune to not have heard of this game one thousand days ago and some might have time away from the game. No matter what the system screws them over by locking content behind an arbitrary time gate that forces us to become slaves to the game.

No one should have to be enslaved to a game for 2 years just to get a pretty gun, 2+ years for the third unique sword and shield. Content should be open to all not gated away by time.

15 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

And all they're doing with these changes is saying "thanks for supporting us, but now we can't be bothered making new things for you so yeah.. buh bye". It's a joke.. Even one armor set if they split it up in 50 day incriments is 250 days where they dont need to add more things and it's still better than the rewards that you can ALREADY GET just playing the game. 

No they're not. If they truly wanted to thank us they'd have implemented the 50 day pick your own reward milestone system they tossed around in the beginning of the talk about a log in rework. All this is, is just pandering to the small "Eff you got mine" crowd. Who in a hilarious manner are still angry with DE but now about the evergreen rewards not being good enough.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Upvote 7

The login rewards scale with each day, huh?
So when will the "scaling" apply not only to enemies but the rewards?
The amount of kuva for each kuva gather, relic-farming(not cracking) really need scaling badly.
I really dislike reloading the same map over and over.
I am not playing Diablo 2 magicfinding Chaos Sanctuary or somthing like that.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Some can't, some have the misfortune to not have heard of this game one thousand days ago and some might have time away from the game. No matter what the system screws them over by locking content behind an arbitrary time gate that forces us to become slaves to the game.

No one should have to be enslaved to a game for 2 years just to get a pretty gun, 2+ years for the third unique sword and shield. Content should be open to all not gated away by time.

No they're not. If they truly wanted to thank us they'd have implemented the 50 day pick your own reward milestone system they tossed around in the beginning of the talk about a log in rework. All this is, is just pandering to the small "Eff you got mine" crowd. Who in a hilarious manner are still angry with DE but now about the evergreen rewards not being good enough.

I'm not saying it's a good thing that they've locked gameplay based content away via timewalls. If I had my way all that stuff would have been moved somewhere else long ago. But things like cosmetics im glad they've hard locked them at 800 and 1000. 

The evergreen thing though, that's where i don't agree. There should be no evergreen rewards. It's 100% a cop out simply because the whiny players who "dont have time" "hadnt heard of the game 1000 days ago" (which for the record is still 2 years+ after the games release, and it was still top of the steam charts for ftp games for most of those. There's literally no way they didn't hear about it unless they didn't bother looking. Even some of the biggest game reviewers online have done reviews on it.) will complain that "i now have to wait 1500 days for that cool armor set.. I have to wait 1700 days for that peculiar mod", That or they just dont want to make anything new, which why not just say. "Sorry guys but we just dont want to make any new login rewards at this time" which was already apparent with how lackluster the last 3 at least rewards have been. 

Tldr:

Content shouldn't be locked away behind time gates but cosmetics 100% can and should be the only things locked there. Evergreen rewards shouldnt be a thing and DE should just keep releasing cosmetics or peculiars there since they're non game changing but rewarding items rather than the current proposal

• Applause 1

6 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I'm not saying it's a good thing that they've locked gameplay based content away via timewalls. If I had my way all that stuff would have been moved somewhere else long ago. But things like cosmetics im glad they've hard locked them at 800 and 1000. 

Same here. I'm a-okay with cosmetics locked behind. That's what it should have been from the start.

7 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

The evergreen thing though, that's where i don't agree. There should be no evergreen rewards. It's 100% a cop out simply because the whiny players who "dont have time" "hadnt heard of the game 1000 days ago" (which for the record is still 2 years+ after the games release, and it was still top of the steam charts for ftp games for most of those. There's literally no way they didn't hear about it unless they didn't bother looking. Even some of the biggest game reviewers online have done reviews on it.) will complain that "i now have to wait 1500 days for that cool armor set.. I have to wait 1700 days for that peculiar mod", That or they just dont want to make anything new, which why not just say. "Sorry guys but we just dont want to make any new login rewards at this time" which was already apparent with how lackluster the last 3 at least rewards have been. 

It's not a cop out. it's the best option for DE to have done. (aside from scrapping the entire system but i digress) and yet DE's still getting flack for it. Evergreens are also what should have been there along side cosmetics instead of weapons.

• Applause 2

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

Well riven slots are capped, it would become a pointless choice once you reach that cap (or bought your way to it like many other players reaching 1000+ days may already have if they’re intense traders in the riven market). and as for weapon slots, people will always need more as long as DE keep making weapons. Especially with all of those kit guns around the corner and any other construct iteration on other free roam planets some day. Adapters though... I’ll have to agree with that. Players  don’t need them as often as they’ll need forma, and warframes aren’t produced nearly as often as weapons. Considering you only need one adapter per frame, it wouldn’t be missed if it was replaced in the drop table.

True yeh. Yeh def the adapters seem a strange inclusion at that point in the game. Im close enough to evergreen to ponder their use personally as I already have one on every frame.

Day 1: 1 Mutagen Sample

Day 2000: 2 Mutagen Sample 😛

(The drop rates of MS compared to Detonite Injector and Feildron Sample is pretty sad)

Really looking forward to the login changes though. It'll definitely give me more reason to log in every day. 

I would rather have riven slots than weapon slots as evergreen rewards (unless you plan to increase capacity beyond 90 anytime soon) also they seem unbalanced, 3 forma is not the same as 3 exilus adapters. 

I don't have any opinions about the other changes since I will be getting to 800 logins soon. 

when is this launching, relative to fortuna? before or after?
i'm 1 day away from 400 and will be waiting so i can pick primed shred instead of primed vigor.
i'm stubborn and WILL bench myself even if fortuna launches first, but very angrily... lol.

Edited by Kagisnad
  • Like 1

The milestone rewards were something I used to look forward to. Now after 1000 they just seem insignificant like the rest of the daily rewards.

I wont even care to login anymore like I did before. Sorry guys.

Also, the fact that the lodestar doesnt have a special effect is just sad.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

Would you consider compressing the timeline? I feel that almost 3 years of logins for the "final" unique reward is really a lot. Maybe add a "bronze veteran", "silver veteran" and "gold veteran" badge/status that can be displayed ingame in in the forums for everybody who is already above the new max. But reduce the timeline down to something like 700 days (that's still 2 years playing with a one week vacation per year).

Some thoughts on Evergreen Choices A:
I don't know how useful 4 weapon slots are going to be for somebody already playing for more than 3 years. Forma are somewhat in the "always useful" category, however the veteran players I know all have 50+ Forma banked, which pushes 3x Forma into the "consolation prize" category. 3x Exilus Adapters might be useful, on the other hand new warframes are released a lot slower than that.

Evergreen Choices B: this seems to be the "always useful, even if you have tons of it" category.

Evergreen Choices C - sounds good on paper, maybe not so good in reality. Again, we are talking about players who have been playing for 3+ years. So they probably have all the rivens they can use. OK, they can just sell them for plat. But what about riven slots - what if you don't pay attention before you reach the Milestone and you don't have enough open slots? Do you loose your login reward? Do you get additional slots? What if you are at the cap for riven slots?

Edited by Inemos

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I wont even care to login anymore like I did before. Sorry guys.

This is my favorite part of the login changes! 🙂 Evergreen reward choices seem fine to me, I just won't mind if I miss some days. Hooray for only logging in only when I have the time and desire to play.

Can we expect to see some particle effects/extra 'oomph' added to the cosmetics? Would be quite welcome since they're so far in!

20 часов назад, JesterTheNight сказал:

Are you people really complaining about saving up plat? I'm 1000+ days in and sure as hell want those free weapons slots

You're ridiculous.

Anyone playing 1000+ that isn't you does not want "weapon slots as rewards". That is just a fact. Not only those people already have all the weapons they can easily buy it because he guess what. Even ONE syndicate mod sells for more than 12 p at 15 or 20p. Why the *** would anyone want a 1000+bloody days login reward worth 6p is beyond reason or logic or common sense.

Wait, so.. do these Evergreen rotations mean we won't get any more Prime mods and Weapons for the Daily tribute system in the future? If the Evergreens happen every 50 days then there's no room for Sigil/booster packs, Prime mods and Weapons, right? 

So I should just log in on day 900 and get Primed sure footed instead of waiting for this to get updated since there's not going to be a new weapon to snatch up on that day instead and my next 3 Milestone rewards cannot change from the 3 that they're currently at right now.

39 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You're ridiculous.

Anyone playing 1000+ that isn't you does not want "weapon slots as rewards". That is just a fact. Not only those people already have all the weapons they can easily buy it because he guess what. Even ONE syndicate mod sells for more than 12 p at 15 or 20p. Why the *** would anyone want a 1000+bloody days login reward worth 6p is beyond reason or logic or common sense.

To each their own I guess? I like the free slots idea, but I'm also odd.

The non millestone rewards are still bad.

Ressources as login reward is a bad idea.

A lot of different & shorter boosters would be way better to incentive playing daily.

On 2018-10-01 at 11:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Considering possible market changes and the fact that not everybody has the time or luck to trade, this is a neat reward to have.

• Like 2

I still think it would be a good idea to scale the login reward according to MR as well and not just on time.  Doesn't have to be game-breaking, just a perk for having actually played more.