Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

10 hours ago, (PS4)The_Wyatt said:

I still think it would be a good idea to scale the login reward according to MR as well and not just on time.  Doesn't have to be game-breaking, just a perk for having actually played more.

No

Not every veteran relies on MR, we have other objectives in mind (this is a sandbox game and we decide on our own objectives), if you want to use play time then you need to use the profile ingame time, not MR

6 minutes ago, Leoffta said:

For sure, better incentivize people to AFKing that reward people who put effort to master everything.

Afk isn't allowed, account would be long banned before players reach any worthile amount of logins, it would be someting like "oh look, just lost my 300 login account, better start over"

If that's a concern, then a combo of all stats, or leave things as they are, free content for logins and the ammount increasing based on the number of logins, much easier to deal with.

10 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Afk isn't allowed, account would be long banned before players reach any worthile amount of logins, it would be someting like "oh look, just lost my 300 login account, better start over"

If that's a concern, then a combo of all stats, or leave things as they are, free content for logins and the ammount increasing based on the number of logins, much easier to deal with.

Not to mention the snow snakes would probably get em long before they're even banned. (Ever heard of freezer burn? Well that's how snow snakes stay warm).

Dang I'm talking too much gosh darn jeez... flees.

But in all seriousness, swap out daily rewards for soothing harsh words from easy pete.

Maybe someone has already stated this but i would really like to know how close these changes are? I'm a few days off 100 days and would much prefer Zenistar and am happy to take a 10 day holiday over waiting 200 more days. If someone has rough idea that would be greatly appreciated

3 hours ago, ApocMVP said:

Maybe someone has already stated this but i would really like to know how close these changes are? I'm a few days off 100 days and would much prefer Zenistar and am happy to take a 10 day holiday over waiting 200 more days. If someone has rough idea that would be greatly appreciated

16 hours ago, Khaltzane said:

If you're at the cap you just go over the cap. Unless you mean having the max amount of slots unlocked and still going over that?  

I meant both. What would happen if I had (for example) 50 Slots, but they are filled? You answered that question (I didn't know you could actually go over the cap).

But what happens if you have the maximum number of slots? Does the database actually allow for more than 90 rivens? What if I am a hoarder with 90 rivens, get 3 more, and the next time the reward comes around I am still at 93 rivens (and so on...)?

And if (in that scenario) it was possible to go to 100 rivens (or even 150 with enough patience), why can't we buy those slots?

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

No

Not every veteran relies on MR, we have other objectives in mind (this is a sandbox game and we decide on our own objectives), if you want to use play time then you need to use the profile ingame time, not MR

That's fine, play time can factor in too. This is mathematics, we're not limited to only one or two variables.

My point is total number of logins doesn't tell the whole story. The fact that you apparently have zero interest in your MR speaks volumes about the general incentive to raise it.  I mean, I get what you're saying; once I hit MR15 or so, I cared much less because the only things I couldn't use are a few weapons and some garbage rivens.

MR is a metric that contributes to indicating a player's eagerness to engage with content and systems.  People who try new things, regardless of how long they've been playing, are valuable for the diversity and health of the game population.  Even small perks can encourage that.

Let me put it this way: whether you've played 1000 hours and just hit MR6 or only ("only", haha) a 100 but managed to reach MR12, 120 endo or a 180 nano spores or 10k credits or most any of the other non-milestone rewards are more of an insult than a nice bonus for playing.  If it's even acknowledged at all.  (FWIW, most games I've seen with login bonuses regularly give the equivalent of plat or forma. Not saying DE should too, but it's an interesting reference point.)

2 hours ago, (PS4)The_Wyatt said:

MR is a metric that contributes to indicating a player's eagerness to engage with content and systems.  People who try new things, regardless of how long they've been playing, are valuable for the diversity and health of the game population.  Even small perks can encourage that.

For a lot of people, ranking up MR means going to a specific node to max a weapon without even using it and then move on to the next. There is nothing in the MR system that promotes engaging with content and systems. It is one of the worst leveling up systems I recall in a game, especially for players that are F2P who are almost forced to craft and discard items to rank up.

Not saying that logging in and out of the game is more engaging. Both logging in and MR are bad ways to measure/reward how much people are playing the game. That is why keeping the 1000 day login system as a 1000 day login system after all this time "reworking" it is also mind boggling.

On 2018-10-01 at 11:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

As I hate trading spam. I would love to get some free weapons slots  instead of having to buy platinum for them and save that  for cosmetics instead.

On 2018-10-02 at 7:57 AM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

What about when they bring out new stuff... There's the kit guns coming out so you'd need more slots to get every possible bit of MR from them.

3 hours ago, Khaltzane said:

What about when they bring out new stuff... There's the kit guns coming out so you'd need more slots to get every possible bit of MR from them.

They're dirt cheap. They would be more suited to give to newer players through unlocking star chart or new player quests. Or give extra slots with the weapon milestones.

I have never had a platinum problem in this game when it comes to weapon slots. I don't find it an appropriate "reward" to players if they're locking it behind almost 3 years of logins. 

On 2018-10-01 at 10:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!

This example feels a bit demoralizing. Just a bit.

Also yea... I'm MR25, I play waaaaaaay too much for my own good already, I'm pretty sure when/if I get to 1000+ days of logins I won't need any weapon slot. If they're so inclined to provide weapon slots to players then add them to early rotations, I've met a good couple of newbies who considered this game hard to play cuz of how difficult in the early game it is to get slots and ended up quitting it (not implying it's hard, just saying newbies don't know so it's hard for them).

I was actually expecting a full rework to this system like they meant to do and instead we're basically getting the same thing with a bit more choice - players still need 700+ days to get every single MR fodder item - this should not be a thing, even though I can pick which weapon I want, progress of any kind should not be locked behind login days. Having only resources, boosters (for example) and fashion items would be a good idea, you could just give the weapons to an NPC like any proper syndicate. What this system does is basically make a player log in every day to get the prize and log off which is a problem.

But to be honest what really triggers me is that 1000+ day reward. I'll even provide the maths for anybody that happens to be lazy:

Consider a year = 365 days, 2 years = 730 days so basically I'm expected to play roughly 3 years (3 years = 1095 days according to the previous maths) in order to reach the evergreen prizes. This is flat out crazy - even more considering we don't have content to support this amount of play time.

I honestly think we'd be better off without this system. Leave it for resources, fashion items, boosters, the occasional plat discount, etc. Forma is always a good idea, rivens sure, weapon slots, warframe slots maybe, kuva, endo, if all scales the better.

@[DE]Rebecca

Have DE clarified what will happen if you are near a reward that will be moving when they bring the changes out?

I am currently 12 days away from the lodestar syandana but DE are moving it to 1000 days when the changes come out I believe. Have DE stated that your current rewards will lock when the update comes out? or are they just going to take the reward you are currently working on and move it to 1000 days?

On 2018-10-01 at 11:52 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

For example, on Day 1 I get 1 x Tellurium, but on Day 1000 I get 6 x Tellurium!

Idk if this has been posted yet or if these are the final numbers. But 6 Tellurium at Day 1000 is unnecessary.

I am at Day 750 and have 300 spare ones. One 20minute polymer run in Ophelia provides me with another 6-10 Tellurium.

Can you not just delete those "rare" resources from the pool? I don't think any player above 500 days need Neural Sensors, Morphics, Tellurium, Gallium, etc

This looks good, but please consider removing weapon slots and exilus from the drop table. If you've played 1,050+ days, I'm willing to bet beyond a shadow of a doubt that outside of a very small bracket of players playing that long, you definitely know how to acquire plat very quickly to get those whether you're invested enough in the game to pay for it with real money or simply acquire it from the trading tab by selling off items, and therefore they are inconsequential to "Grofit" and may as well be nothing.

Like, if we're being honest here, endo drops are more useful to you at day 1,050+ than this. The reason for this is that you will always need endo to rank mods you want to sell off, but yet there are only so many warframes and weapons to put an exilus on or store.

Literally every single other reward is good enough as long as my daily tribute number doesn't reset to 0 with this new system, especially the A forma and B resource boosters, just yeah, please reconsider the A rewards.

Archived