[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

I'm just happy people who have put the time in are getting to keep the exclusive armor set if nothing else. Cant let the new players have easier access to everything we had to wait forever to get. I can understand it with some things but giving the people who log in every day some sort of prestige even if it is just a cosmetic should be enough to tide most veterans off.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Inemos said:

Evergreen Choices C - sounds good on paper, maybe not so good in reality. Again, we are talking about players who have been playing for 3+ years. So they probably have all the rivens they can use. OK, they can just sell them for plat. But what about riven slots - what if you don't pay attention before you reach the Milestone and you don't have enough open slots? Do you loose your login reward? Do you get additional slots? What if you are at the cap for riven slots?

If you're at the cap you just go over the cap. Unless you mean having the max amount of slots unlocked and still going over that? 

I think I have 15 or so slots, but 19 rivens. All it does is stop me doing sorties

3 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I'm just happy people who have put the time in are getting to keep the exclusive armor set if nothing else. Cant let the new players have easier access to everything we had to wait forever to get.

Yes stuff every and anyone who didn't know about this game sooner.

Every time i see people say how great this community is, i get the taste of bile in my mouth.

This is elitism at it's finest and the lack of actual meaningful change to the log in system is proof that DE is okay with chasing people away.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Yes stuff every and anyone who didn't know about this game sooner.

Every time i see people say how great this community is, i get the taste of bile in my mouth.

This is elitism at it's finest and the lack of actual meaningful change to the log in system is proof that DE is okay with chasing people away.

It's not though, elitism is "you're not good enough to play with us" "talk to me when you're mr 25". This is simply put in the effort and you'll get it eventually like everyone else. These rewards aren't exclusive like many games do with their event items etc, they're simply items given to players who made the effort to log in for those days. It's a linear path.. everyone will get them eventually with enough logins, they're not suddenly removing them so people who "didnt know about this game sooner" cant get them at all.

Just because someone has to wait a couple years to get something doesn't mean that the people who came before them had to put in any less effort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

32 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Just because someone has to wait a couple years to get something doesn't mean that the people who came before them had to put in any less effort. 

The issue we shouldn't have to wait years to get given content from a system that enslaves us.

• Upvote 1

Except it's not content it's cosmetics the person was talking about. They have no gameplay aspect to them and change the game in no way at all. Its enlavement if you don't look pretty? 

Add to that people who have played the game a long time have no other exclusivity any more in game after all the actual "content" has been rereleased thanks to DE so one armor set and one syandana that people have to earn is a pretty small portion of the game especially since they dont look that great and are in no way necessary

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

The issue we shouldn't have to wait years to get given content from a system that enslaves us.

To be completely honest, if this is how you feel about a login reward system of a free2play video game you may want to reevaluate how important this game is in your life. For example, I've been  playing warframe for its existence. Migrated to ps4 because many friends couldn't afford a PC and have been playing there for around 4 years....I'm at 167. Yeah, the only thing "enslaving" you is yourself. The login system doesn't need to be changed because literally all you have to do is log in and log out each day, it doesn't need to be "vet friendly" because vets are the ones who complete new content the hour it comes out and then complain there is nothing to do while running hydron 24/7 and doing nothing else. It is quite literally a system that says "hey good to see ya, glad you logged in today, here's a little something as a thanks" you then log back out and complain about enslavement. If it really is so important you should never use any other armor/syandana with any of your warframe once you get it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)thedarkness1962 said:

To be completely honest, if this is how you feel about a login reward system of a free2play video game you may want to reevaluate how important this game is in your life. For example, I've been  playing warframe for its existence. Migrated to ps4 because many friends couldn't afford a PC and have been playing there for around 4 years....I'm at 167. Yeah, the only thing "enslaving" you is yourself. The login system doesn't need to be changed because literally all you have to do is log in and log out each day, it doesn't need to be "vet friendly" because vets are the ones who complete new content the hour it comes out and then complain there is nothing to do while running hydron 24/7 and doing nothing else. It is quite literally a system that says "hey good to see ya, glad you logged in today, here's a little something as a thanks" you then log back out and complain about enslavement. If it really is so important you should never use any other armor/syandana with any of your warframe once you get it. 

r/whooosh

I don't mind the new mechanics, however I still would like to see more unique items added to the Daily Rewards, wouldn't mind seeing some new Primed Mods and perhaps some armor for our sentinels (and Kavats/Kubrows) for cosmetic use in the future.

10 hours ago, (PS4)The_Wyatt said:

I still think it would be a good idea to scale the login reward according to MR as well and not just on time.  Doesn't have to be game-breaking, just a perk for having actually played more.

No

Not every veteran relies on MR, we have other objectives in mind (this is a sandbox game and we decide on our own objectives), if you want to use play time then you need to use the profile ingame time, not MR

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

No

Not every veteran relies on MR, we have other objectives in mind (this is a sandbox game and we decide on our own objectives), if you want to use play time then you need to use the profile ingame time, not MR

Combining ALL the stats would be the only way.

44 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

If you want to use play time then you need to use the profile ingame time, not MR

For sure, better incentivize people to AFKing that reward people who put effort to master everything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leoffta said:

For sure, better incentivize people to AFKing that reward people who put effort to master everything.

Afk isn't allowed, account would be long banned before players reach any worthile amount of logins, it would be someting like "oh look, just lost my 300 login account, better start over"

If that's a concern, then a combo of all stats, or leave things as they are, free content for logins and the ammount increasing based on the number of logins, much easier to deal with.

10 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Afk isn't allowed, account would be long banned before players reach any worthile amount of logins, it would be someting like "oh look, just lost my 300 login account, better start over"

If that's a concern, then a combo of all stats, or leave things as they are, free content for logins and the ammount increasing based on the number of logins, much easier to deal with.

Not to mention the snow snakes would probably get em long before they're even banned. (Ever heard of freezer burn? Well that's how snow snakes stay warm).

Dang I'm talking too much gosh darn jeez... flees.

But in all seriousness, swap out daily rewards for soothing harsh words from easy pete.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
I need to be stopped.

Maybe someone has already stated this but i would really like to know how close these changes are? I'm a few days off 100 days and would much prefer Zenistar and am happy to take a 10 day holiday over waiting 200 more days. If someone has rough idea that would be greatly appreciated

3 hours ago, ApocMVP said:

Maybe someone has already stated this but i would really like to know how close these changes are? I'm a few days off 100 days and would much prefer Zenistar and am happy to take a 10 day holiday over waiting 200 more days. If someone has rough idea that would be greatly appreciated

16 hours ago, Khaltzane said:

If you're at the cap you just go over the cap. Unless you mean having the max amount of slots unlocked and still going over that?  

I meant both. What would happen if I had (for example) 50 Slots, but they are filled? You answered that question (I didn't know you could actually go over the cap).

But what happens if you have the maximum number of slots? Does the database actually allow for more than 90 rivens? What if I am a hoarder with 90 rivens, get 3 more, and the next time the reward comes around I am still at 93 rivens (and so on...)?

And if (in that scenario) it was possible to go to 100 rivens (or even 150 with enough patience), why can't we buy those slots?

On 2018-10-01 at 10:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Should have 3x Riven Slots with the Riven one as well xp.

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

No

That's fine, play time can factor in too. This is mathematics, we're not limited to only one or two variables.

My point is total number of logins doesn't tell the whole story. The fact that you apparently have zero interest in your MR speaks volumes about the general incentive to raise it.  I mean, I get what you're saying; once I hit MR15 or so, I cared much less because the only things I couldn't use are a few weapons and some garbage rivens.

MR is a metric that contributes to indicating a player's eagerness to engage with content and systems.  People who try new things, regardless of how long they've been playing, are valuable for the diversity and health of the game population.  Even small perks can encourage that.

Let me put it this way: whether you've played 1000 hours and just hit MR6 or only ("only", haha) a 100 but managed to reach MR12, 120 endo or a 180 nano spores or 10k credits or most any of the other non-milestone rewards are more of an insult than a nice bonus for playing.  If it's even acknowledged at all.  (FWIW, most games I've seen with login bonuses regularly give the equivalent of plat or forma. Not saying DE should too, but it's an interesting reference point.)

So... 3x Rifle, 3x Secondary, 3x Melee rivens... Where is shotguns? How about instead 3x Primary riven, I think that would be better.

On the boosters: Is it 7 days for all 3 or just 1 random of them?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)The_Wyatt said:

MR is a metric that contributes to indicating a player's eagerness to engage with content and systems.  People who try new things, regardless of how long they've been playing, are valuable for the diversity and health of the game population.  Even small perks can encourage that.

For a lot of people, ranking up MR means going to a specific node to max a weapon without even using it and then move on to the next. There is nothing in the MR system that promotes engaging with content and systems. It is one of the worst leveling up systems I recall in a game, especially for players that are F2P who are almost forced to craft and discard items to rank up.

Not saying that logging in and out of the game is more engaging. Both logging in and MR are bad ways to measure/reward how much people are playing the game. That is why keeping the 1000 day login system as a 1000 day login system after all this time "reworking" it is also mind boggling.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2018-10-01 at 11:57 PM, --Q--Daddy said:

As I hate trading spam. I would love to get some free weapons slots  instead of having to buy platinum for them and save that  for cosmetics instead.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-10-02 at 7:57 AM, --Q--Daddy said:

What about when they bring out new stuff... There's the kit guns coming out so you'd need more slots to get every possible bit of MR from them.