[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop Part 2!

Just adding my 2 credits in here:

Everything up to the evergreen looks good... that being said.

Rotation A:

• 4 Weapon slots - 24 plat
  • 3 Exilus Adapters - 60 plat
  • 3 Forma - 35 plat

There is no parity in the value of these rewards, not even bringing up the small issue of Dev Stream 100 which gave me and about 50k other players enough Exilus adapters to last us for the next 9 years if you release 5 frames a year. Unlike a lot of folks here I see the value of weapon slots, since the game is always adding new weapons, but still, we have all the things, we have all the space or the spare plat to get it (at around 6k myself at the moment). As for forma, after 997 days in the current log in system (I do leave the house on occasion), I have used over 1200 forma (yes, I kept count, I have a spread sheet) and thanks to Plague Star, since as an MR 25 I had nothing better to do than help folks get through it, I'm sitting on 120 forma from this event alone. My advice: Don't look at what the average player needs, look at what the top 1% needs. That's what you should be offering, your Rotation A is like offering a corpus crewman a prova on the day he retires... haha, just kidding, everyone knows the corpus don't believe in pensions... or wages... or decency. Anyway, what would I see as a reward rather than more of the same thing I already have a ton of?

Suggestions:

• Let's get this out of the way right now. Number One Choice for Konzu's Number One Gun? Primed Chamber. Too long has this mod been held hostage by dread villian known as [DE]Sheldon. 1050 is such an accomplishment, I feel the players loyalty should be rewarded at this level. Yes it goes against the concept of non gameplay impacting rewards but it's such a niche mod that it's not going to impact gameplay. Treat it as a one time deal? That's fine. Make it untradable for use? I'm cool with that. But having a mod that can only be won by either hitting the lottery (and I mean like the pick five not thant mamby pamby daily number) or spending about $1000 US is, honestly, hurtful, and while I love you guys, I kind of resent you for this. /hyperbole /maybe
  • Discount on Tennogen, give use a 50% off coupon. You give 30% of the net to the creators, that still leaves 20% to you and gets more tennogen out there to be seen which makes more folks want to buy it.
  • If the Rivens of rotation C don't come with them, Riven Slots, This is something I don't think a lot of players, even those hitting the 1000 day mark have capped out (I have, admittedly, but I think it would be of a proper value)
  • Ducats - You figure a full gameplay day (about 3-4 hours) of running fissures would get you about 450 to 800 unless you get really lucky. 1000 ducats would be a great reward, easing some of the grind for us, which is always appreciated
  • If you are willing to put a little extra work in and as long as the player has the choice of something else, special edition noggles. Like Noggle Primes and Noggle Deluxe Skins. Let our Noggle collection match our actual gear collections.
  • Let's admit it's not an active part of the game and maybe entice some players into changing that fact by giving us Conclave standing or skins. They are just laguishing there and since P2P PVP just doesn't work and there isn't enough dedicated servers to change that, utilize pre-existing assets that are under-utilized in a new manner (hows that for business doublespeak?).
  • Throw back, what about the steam sale skins? I would love a rubido tigris skin, but I'm not going to pay 200 out of my steam wallet to get one, an alternative to doing this would be nice.

Looking at B rotation

• Kuva is always nice, and that is 14 rolls at 3500 each, this is the right idea.
  • Endo... Not so much this. Between sculptures and whatever the FOTM farm location and Sorties, and having spent the last 3 years playting the game, Endo isn't in much demand at this point, expect players to consistantly take the kuva reward
  • Boosters, we been at it for 1000 days, we been trading the rivens, buying the PA's or selling the vaulted primes to newer players, we have the plat to get the boosters ourselves, if we don't already have them because of prime accessories. Just like the endo, Boosters aren't much of a reward... Unless they stack, if these boosters work like double affinity/credit/resource weekend boosters then they are something special, but even then, we have built all the things, leveled all the things and forma'd all the things, this is something that is good for players still progressing through the game, not for someone who is sitting around waiting for the next content drop.

C Rotation

Right idea bad execution, try this on for size

• 2 Rifle and 2 Pistol Rivens
  • 3 Melee Rivens
  • 1 Shotgun Riven

Use your own drop table as a metric to figure out the weight of drop chances and have each tier match it. Shotgun rivens are SOOOO rare, so even if you only get one every 150 days your STILL GET ONE  every 150 days, where as in the three years of doing sorties I only have ever had 2 drop for me (not including the alerts). Did I mention the 2 that dropped for me were for the SWEEPER... BOTH OF THEM?!?!!?

So TL;DR Rotation A ignores the prespective of the players you are supposed to be rewarding, as everything there is good for the progressing player, not the player who is PATIENTLY WAITING for the next content drop. Rotation B is better, but only by 33% since 2 of the rewards fall into the same error as Rotation A. Rotation C is good in concept but poor on execution, attepting to pass off visual parity (3 of each) for parity of value (drop chance). I hope I explained my position well, as I had a lot of time to think about it as I PATIENTLY WAIT for the next content new update

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Laogaeth said:

Think that evergreen choices A should have different rewards, I mean, someone at +1k days if theres something they do not lack of is slots/formas/exilus and etc

I can agree with the exilus adaptors and almost agree to the weapon slots. Some people don't have the time to spend on the trade chat so they either buy plats or don't at all. Someone at day 1k+ should already have enough slots for a few more weapons tho, but more slots is still better.

About the forma, I can't disagree more. I am almost at day 900, farmed about 40 formas from Plague Star to be ready for Fortuna, and I can bet it won't be enough. If something in the game tought me anything, is that you can never have enough forma.

They clearly put so much "effort" thinking about the evergreen rewards that they forget about the tiresome and horrible wait that is reaching 1000 days.

Change evergreen to start at 500 as maximun.Or just a cicle of "choose your on reward" every 100 days, including the unique weapons and mods.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

I'm mostly annoyed wit hthe changes because it feels like DE is capitulating to the vanishingly small number of loud people screaming 'pride and prestige.'Well guess what buddy. Every youtube video you make or twitch stream you put out from now on had damned well better have you wearing those cosmetics you screamed and moaned and sobbed over the unwashed masses having.

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

* If we're getting rivens- can we also get an increase to riven slots please? As a veteran playing sorties daily, by the sheer stroke of RNG- I have several good/god rivens that I don't want to dissolve- if we're getting more avenues of obtaining rivens now- I strongly believe the cap should be increased to 120-150 slots.

* Rotation A seems a bit... unrewarding. At a 1,000 days, your account is pretty much that of a veteran- so you pretty much have weapons, platinum for exilus, and forma. I'd like to see B introduced twice rather than getting A.

Other than that- B and C seem great! 😄 I mean, even with a booster, most people are looking at 10,000kuva/hour- so 50k saves about 5 hours of farming- so that's pretty handy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Change to evergreen reward and no further weapon locked behind, people start complain nothing to looking forward to.

Gosh, remember how you complains before the revamp?Time gated reward is not fun?

And those evergreen items will always be needed by some, don't speak as the whole group of vet.

Getting rid of the weapons and mods from milestone is removing biggest motivation to login everyday.

People were not complaining about time gated rewards.

They were complaining about unreasonably long time taking to get the rewards.

Waiting 2 years to get all the mastery affinities is nonsense.

but every 50 days to get what they want, so allowing 150 days to get 3 weapons or 3 mods is reasonable at least I think.

For old veterans, lodestar syandana and armor set should be left at 800 days and 1000 days.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Evergreen Choices C (choose one):
3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

With This addition (if future add the change), should we increase the Riven mod capacity to somewhat 120 or more?
Saw someone complained that all of his Riven mod are useful, thus no more extra space to have new  Riven mod

• Upvote 1

snip

While it doesn't affect me any more, I've just gone past it, 850 days is riven mods and my upcoming 900 is a primed mod so I'm assuming this isn't changing as it doesn't follow the pattern you mention at the start for weapons/primed mods/sigils & resources. 

Also why isn't day 950 being tweaked, lets be honest if you're at 950 days you likely don't need the credit booster or orokin reactor.  While the glyph is 'useful' for those who use them for fashion frame the rest is kind of, well, pointless at 950 days.  Any chance that will be changed to something else + the glyph. 

After 1000 days:

I'd say we're pretty good for forma, exilus adapters and weapon slots and if we're not we've been in the game long enough to know how to trade for 20 or so plat so choice A is pretty pointless and feels as though it's there to 'pad out the reward table'.  Not to mention the likelihood is that many of us are stocked up on exilus adapters for life thanks to you and the twitch stream 🙂

Choice B, for me personally I could skip the 7 day boosters and would rather have something more useful but not really sure what so I suppose you can leave that in there...pretty sure we'll most likely be picking kuva/endo after 1000 days in the game though.  Also why isn't it 50,000 for endo like the kuva is?

Choice C is ok but what about shotgun rivens?  Maybe it could be primary, secondary and melee rivens so we have a chance of getting a shotgun riven.

Scaling day to day... the issue with 'daily' rewards isn't just about the amount, while scaling makes it better (not that 6 tellurium at 1000 days is a good increase imo) it's also about what we get, I've got plenty of tellurium and most of other resources.  At 1000 days we don't really need normal resources in so maybe you can consider that when adjusting the drop table for over 1000 days, maybe add in 'new resources' from PoE and fortuna or something instead of the super common stuff we get now.   In all honesty the only resources I personally need in large quantities, and I'm not even at 1000 days yet, is kuva and endo, I can't see many other 1000 day players being much different. 

Edited by LSG501

This is unfair!!

I did not want Azima and Primed Fury, meanwhile whoever picks 200 days can already choose what they want ??

You should give the option of those who have already taken to choose additional prizes, it is not fair to be content with what they do not want, while those who started shortly get the best prizes of choice.

And for the other rewards, will those who already have login days receive nothing additional? so who already has more than 1000 days only tends to lose the resources for those who started today?

Edited by Peter
  • Woah 1

So what will happen to our current login progress? Say someone is at day 399 before the update, would they be able be able to pick a primed mod besides Primed Vigor on their next login provided it's after the mainline update?

3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

How about instead of this you do 3 x Rifle,3 x Melee,4 x Secondary, or 1 x Shotgun? 

I mean we all want shotguns but they are much rare and we get it so getting 1 is good enough. And secondaries are super common so tossing an extra one in that pot just makes it more balanced right?

This is in fact very much better guys. Keep going in this direction.

But honestly no one is picking a 7 Day Booster over 50,000 Kuva. I feel 30,000 Endo is too low, especially if that is the scaled cap.

Also I hope this doesn't mean you guys don't plan to cease production of Login Weapons & Armor rewards post 1000+ days... B/c if so that's pretty lame imho.

Anyhow very much looking forward to the character interactions to come with the system... hopefully some cool mysterious foreshadowing & interesting dialogue occurs. Maybe even new mystery NPC's introductions? A lot you guys can do with this.

• Upvote 2

I m at 1031 day today and i m telling you that sigil ' forma , potato, i don t care , endo is cool , but really , slot for weapon !? Who want that after 1k hour ? The resource i have few million of each, one million credit reward could be good ... 

18 hours ago, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

Someone who wants to build many kit guns.

• Upvote 2

Milestones: how about you not put mastery and useful mods behind a time gate. For all the added complexity and rework it still doesnt solve this issue.

My suggestion, make a slot specifically for peculiar mods and give us some of those. Some more unique armor/syandanas would be nice. Weapon skins could be a thing. Operator fashion is a thing. So are Liset skins/decorations. Upcoming railjack, K board. Etc. There are so many cosmetics that can be made there is no reason to not use those to fill milestones.

1k and beyond:

Rotation A: actually pretty good. Would like to see Forma bumped to 5 and Exilus replaced with 3 catalyst+1 reactor. Would like weapon slots to be replaced with riven slots that can break the 90/90 cap. Right now hunting kuva floods and the daily sortie are really the only things that interest me any more in this game. Having to throw out rivens when I cap feels bad and my motivation to play drops significantly once I do since playing around the riven cap message is annoying.

Rotation B: overall nice.

Rotation C : Biggest problem is If these rivens dont break the cap they are going to feel like a problem more than a reward. Where is the option for 2x shotgun riven?

Edited by ADirtyMonk
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3 x Rifle Riven
3 x Melee Riven
3 x Secondary Riven

No Shotgun Rivens?

52 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

How about instead of this you do 3 x Rifle,3 x Melee,4 x Secondary, or 1 x Shotgun? 

I mean we all want shotguns but they are much rare and we get it so getting 1 is good enough. And secondaries are super common so tossing an extra one in that pot just makes it more balanced right?

Just make it 1 of each. No Choice.

• Upvote 1

No more new weapons ? D. I want sniper rifle and shotgun D.

What about new cosmetics? Lodstar armor and syandana is....not good enough for 800 and 1000 days

Edited by -_-Haron-_-
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not happy at all, I have hit roughly 215 days.  But will probably have to wait longer than most newer players to get the zenistar and primed shred.  There needs to be an option of removing what has been previously rewarded and allowing us to repick what we want.  Currently I have a useless Azima and a useless primed fury.

To be frank having vital mods and weapons time gated like this is an awful system. 

Edited by Offskii

19 hours ago, --Q--Daddy said:

Who needs weapon slots at 1000+ days? I think A should be thought over.

incase you missed it, it's optional. at 1000 days i don't even care about potatoes and S#&$ cuz we old players and easy grind plat in matter of few hours. also most people will choose rivens anyway. unless they want kuva and endos

4 minutes ago, Offskii said:

I am not happy at all, I have hit roughly 215 days.  But will probably have to wait longer than most newer players to get the zenistar and primed shred.  There needs to be an option of removing what has been previously rewarded and allowing us to repick what we want.  Currently I have a useless Azima and a useless primed fury.

To be frank having vital mods and weapons time gated like this is an awful system. 

then what do you have to say about me having to wait 700 days for sigma. atleast now its better and you get the desired weapon on next 50day milestone. and i dont give a S#&$ if new players get access to zenister or sigma lol that's a stupid reason to get salty 

6 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

If a player already is in/over the 1000 days played, will he/she be returned to 0 days?

Why would they even do that ? Will be pretty much pointless