Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's going on...

FracturedAeon

5 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I want it all! I want to see what exists in the world of Warframe  be improved upon and I want to see new features added as well. I can't get enough of this game!

Survival: Please stop punishing solo players by denying life support even though we're killing the living daylights out of the enemies as fast as realistically possible. Sometimes nobody joins me even though I'm set to public and I just keep playing and would keep going but then the enemies stop coming and the life support dwindles. Also, I agree with others that want solo extraction, because I can't count the times some noobs actually forced extraction at 9:49 or 19:49. Furthermore, I'm tired of fighting over enemies. If hardware allows for it, please make them spill in droves from their spawn spots. Sometimes even when all four squad members are in the same room, the enemies just trickle in or get stuck in some corner. For me, survival is the pride and joy of Warframe and it needs improvement.

Resources: Nanospores need to be slightly limited. I'm swimming in 40+million of them and the only way I can see sinking them is by sitting for hours in my orbiter making energy pizzas and ciphers. Generally speaking, we need new fun items that go in the gear wheel that use up resources so that resources remain desired.

Collectibles: I love kurias, ayatan sculptures, cephalon fragments, somachord fragments, frame fighter fragments! I love stuff like this! I love that they force you to visit all the different nodes both on and off the star chart. I don't even care what they actually give me, I just love searching for and collecting them!

Plains of Eidolon: The mark was slightly missed. Going into the caves, I feel so underwhelmed. One cave could have a random Ghoul boss. Another could even involve ancient Grineer artifacts that require running around the plains to gather resources and Konzu gives you an Ayatan sculpture or something like it. Perhaps, a mini-game with Dagryns (sp?). Basically, the plains need something that makes it feel more dynamic. There's a particular incursion type that is frustrating, I forget what it's called but we have to run to these circles and kill enemies, but sometimes they're not there and incursion fails because we're running around like chicken with head cut off searching for enemies.

Map Remodel: While I don't consider this necessary, I do desire it. I would like to see each planet, planetoid or satellite get its on set of "land" maps. For Grineer and Corpus ships, I'd like two more schema introduced for each of the factions. It would be like they have three different types of ships. Right now it would take two or more years before I started to miss the current tile sets. Basically, I feel the overall environment needs variety and enhancement.

Codex Revamp: Again, not necessary but would be nice. The Quest tab: Divide the linear quests from the random quests. It would give the new players a visual checklist for required quests.

Hire me for User Interface Optimization. It's what I was born to do and you already paid me for it. Right now when I look at that inventory menu I have to sit no more than 3 feet from my screen. It's too vast and the print too small; it leaves me feeling so overwhelmed. The look of it is beautiful and awe-inspiring, but for me it is not functional. However, instead of hiring me I suggest bumping up the overall brightness, add intensity and color so that we can recognize different objects. Currently, everything looks the same. You can use different shades, tints or hues of the gold color to accomplish more visibility.

Strange stuff I want but know it's strange:

The ability to put out four of the same specter. I've been dying to see what fun it would be if I made an army of those rollers or Moas. I don't expect warframe specters to be available for this because that might be overkill.

Go old school and add some "floor is lava" elements to some of the maps.

Keep on rockin' the house, supernova_girlie. Lovin' it all like McDonalds.

On 2018-10-02 at 7:49 AM, MiMiren said:

I'm not going to press that play button. "but its free, shut up" quote looks sketchy.

Anyways I want to say that the fact you were not able to put a proper title for your thread made me expect that your post would have little substance and then that was proven because to make your point, you used someone else's youtube video instead of using your own words to make your own point.

So basically I can't even tell what's the problem. To address your first few sentences, its normal for people to have hopes and hype for something they believe they will enjoy. I mean, to any random player that just opens this thread and reads the first sentence, the reaction is gonna be "where is this coming from?"

Wouldn't an introduction to your issue be better? So much stuff typed but no explanation to what the problem is...

Dude, you generalized the content of the OP based off what triggered you. Everything is explained in the post and the video adds to the subject. It's actually a pretty good video. Yeah, maybe presentation wasn't the best but there's things here worth respecting.

Somewhat unironically, you are making the case for what the content of the video is about concerning the forums lmao. The video talks about more than the forums, but it's just funny how much your post walks right into it.

I don't know how on one hand you say you don't understand the post, and then on the other create a response to it. It shows! You're way off base to the subject of the thread lol

Edited by ikkabotz

16 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

I don't know how on one hand you say you don't understand the post, and then on the other create a response to it. It shows! You're way off base to the subject of the thread lol

I don't understand how you don't understand how a person can respond to something he/she doesn't understand. That's an example of how someone responds to something he doesn't understand.

Besides. I didn't generalize anything. The title is a clickbait, the first few sentences are out of context, no introduction to whatever is the issue besides a video. However, the video obviouslt addresses "but it's free, shut up" which is silly. I pointed that out in my previous post. I don't understand how you missed it. Oh another response to something I don't understand.

Also, I don't know whats in the video but I suspect some rambling, considering it was linked by the same person that did the clickbait title and that "thread intro" and that quote. Of all the threads to defend, you picked this one... If you wanted to prove me wrong all you needed to do, was point out where in the post, there's an explanation. I wonder why you didn't do that.

I also don't understand what my post "walked right into". Another response to something I don't understand. I should probably stop mocking you.

It wasn't that I don't understand the post, the post didn't bother explaining its problem. Again, that's what I pointed out in my previous post. I don't understant ho... I'll stop.

3 hours ago, MiMiren said:

I don't understand how you don't understand how a person can respond to something he/she doesn't understand. That's an example of how someone responds to something he doesn't understand.

Besides. I didn't generalize anything. The title is a clickbait, the first few sentences are out of context, no introduction to whatever is the issue besides a video. However, the video obviouslt addresses "but it's free, shut up" which is silly. I pointed that out in my previous post. I don't understand how you missed it. Oh another response to something I don't understand.

Also, I don't know whats in the video but I suspect some rambling, considering it was linked by the same person that did the clickbait title and that "thread intro" and that quote. Of all the threads to defend, you picked this one... If you wanted to prove me wrong all you needed to do, was point out where in the post, there's an explanation. I wonder why you didn't do that.

I also don't understand what my post "walked right into". Another response to something I don't understand. I should probably stop mocking you.

It wasn't that I don't understand the post, the post didn't bother explaining its problem. Again, that's what I pointed out in my previous post. I don't understant ho... I'll stop.

You don't understand how I can't understand a person can create a response to something they dont understand? I understand it, I'm saying it's dumb. 

You did it again by the way: You dont know what's in the video, but you suspect some rambling. But you don't generalize things. Saying you don't know what's in the video sounds like a lack of understanding.

You don't understand what your post walked right into? Watch the video.

I defend the post and the video because there's a good point. Warframe shouldn't be immune to ideas to improve it, particularly when it's about pushing past the glass ceiling the community puts on it. There's a bad tendency on the forums to shoot down ideas with hostility without consideration. Warframe Forums are becoming something of a devout cult (particularly in the last year and a half); or something akin to the Borg. Resistance is Futile. 

Edited by ikkabotz

On 2018-10-02 at 3:15 PM, Firetempest said:

I'm dissatisfied waiting for deeper content that's actually being currently worked on, so here are my list of demands for deeper content which I would rather have... Right now.

Forum and tubers in a nutshell:

51QvIlO.png

The minority who knows best for everyone else.

Dunno if they are actually a minority...there seem to be an awful lot of them around. :wink:

What I find really hilarious though is their collective delusion of grandeur...that they can somehow magically force DE to create new content faster, (and exactly the content they want), if they keep whining long and loud enough about it, under the thin veil about having "community pride" or whatever it is.

As I've said before, DE seem to have a pretty good idea of where they want the game to go and will steer it there in their own good time...with a little input / feedback from the community, as and when they see fit.

As they've repeatedly stated in the dev streams, they are acutely aware of the player base's long wait for new content and they've explained why Fortuna etc. has taken longer than they expected. They've also announced a number of tweaks, reworks etc. to improve the game overall, which will be coming in a separate update.

And yet people still aren't happy...

a-mother-effen-robin-feeding-two-baby-ro

Devs and players... :tongue:

2 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

I defend the post and the video because there's a good point.

Simple question: Can you quote the section of the opening post that explains the "good point" you are implying exists?

I have no interest in arguing about your understandings and your generalizations.

Ps.: Interesting how you skipped that point in my previous post:

5 hours ago, MiMiren said:

If you wanted to prove me wrong all you needed to do, was point out where in the post, there's an explanation. I wonder why you didn't do that.

The video is kinda right but not because it really make any really good points.... more like a stopped clock is right twice a day kinda right. Maybe more of the general concept being so large that you can't help hitting the side of the barn from inside the barn.

It isn't that we haven't had any content it's that the content we have gotten has been inconsistent. A good part of that is that a lot of DEs resources have been going into Fortuna but that's understandable, It's kind of a big project but we've still gotten a new game mode, a couple of new frames/weapons, we've had a few events and some frame reworks and even a new all be it short story quest..... all in the time we've supposedly had no content. 

Like I said in another post, we seem to be in a Feast or Famine cycle and that IMHO is not healthy in the long run. What is really going to help us is more consistency in the content we receive. 

Hopefully Fortuna has enough of their open world setup fixed to the point that if/when they do undertake another open world area it doesn't take nearly as much of their attention away from the rest of the game. So they are more able to balance out their workload. Cause what we need is balance. 

1 hour ago, MiMiren said:

Simple question: Can you quote the section of the opening post that explains the "good point" you are implying exists?

I have no interest in arguing about your understandings and your generalizations.

Ps.: Interesting how you skipped that point in my previous post:

I didnt skip it bro-ham, it's explained in the last part of my last message to you. It'a ok, we aren't seeing eye to eye. My last part of the response to you was meant to catch you up to speed with the forum topic. You remind me of myself when I was in my early twenties.

I hate the forums. This is clearly a battle of egos.

Edited by ikkabotz

26 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

I didnt skip it bro-ham, it's explained in the last part of my last message to you. It'a ok, we aren't seeing eye to eye. My last part of the response to you was meant to catch you up to speed with the forum topic. You remind me of myself when I was in my early twenties.

I hate the forums. This is clearly a battle of egos.

The only one who brought ego into this is you. You tell me I don't understand and I generalize, but when I ask for an actual quote to disprove my point, you are not giving one.

Do you know what that tells me? You got triggered that I refused to watch the video and all you can do is personal attacks. Pure BS. You didn't skip it, but even after 2 posts there's no quote to back up your talk. Honest opinion: You are delusional.

Also do yourself a favor, and next time when you address someone stop with these random negativity:

35 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

I hate the forums.

4 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

There's a bad tendency on the forums to shoot down ideas with hostility without consideration. Warframe Forums are becoming something of a devout cult (particularly in the last year and a half); or something akin to the Borg. Resistance is Futile. 

Either address the person you are talking with or don't try to talk at all. I didn't ask what's your opinion on Warframe forums.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

The video is kinda right but not because it really make any really good points.... more like a stopped clock is right twice a day kinda right. Maybe more of the general concept being so large that you can't help hitting the side of the barn from inside the barn.

It isn't that we haven't had any content it's that the content we have gotten has been inconsistent. A good part of that is that a lot of DEs resources have been going into Fortuna but that's understandable, It's kind of a big project but we've still gotten a new game mode, a couple of new frames/weapons, we've had a few events and some frame reworks and even a new all be it short story quest..... all in the time we've supposedly had no content. 

Like I said in another post, we seem to be in a Feast or Famine cycle and that IMHO is not healthy in the long run. What is really going to help us is more consistency in the content we receive. 

Hopefully Fortuna has enough of their open world setup fixed to the point that if/when they do undertake another open world area it doesn't take nearly as much of their attention away from the rest of the game. So they are more able to balance out their workload. Cause what we need is balance. 

We might have to get used to the feast & famine thing if they plan any more open worlds, as some are expecting. It seems those require so much of the development team, that they have very little time for anything else.

8 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

We might have to get used to the feast & famine thing if they plan any more open worlds, as some are expecting. It seems those require so much of the development team, that they have very little time for anything else.

Part of my hope is that a lot of the groundwork is going to be down by Fortuna. 

Where as Cetus they had to build the wheel, Fortuna they where making the wheel better and attaching an axle.... so hopefully whatever comes next all hey have to do is slap the cart on and call it a day, maybe mess with the suspension a little but nothing huge. So it will still be an undertaking but a significantly less demanding one than either Cetus or Fortuna. Which won't require them to divert so much of their focus. 

*fingers crossed*

5 hours ago, MiMiren said:

The only one who brought ego into this is you. You tell me I don't understand and I generalize, but when I ask for an actual quote to disprove my point, you are not giving one.

Do you know what that tells me? You got triggered that I refused to watch the video and all you can do is personal attacks. Pure BS. You didn't skip it, but even after 2 posts there's no quote to back up your talk. Honest opinion: You are delusional.

Also do yourself a favor, and next time when you address someone stop with these random negativity:

Either address the person you are talking with or don't try to talk at all. I didn't ask what's your opinion on Warframe forums.

Op said, "Community, having pride and putting faith into DE is adding A LOT of pressure for DE to make Fortuna and RailJack right. If this keeps happening, once they come out, then they will be doing things that turn out to be what's ultimately wrong"

"If you want to know where I'm coming from watch this video"

The last part of my comment that "didnt prove OP's" point was summarizing the topic of the thread for you, since you said yourself you didn't watch the video after assuming it was hacked together (generalizing an opinion without watching it). I was hoping that would be a bit self revelatory. I apologize.

I'm not going to get into a "I didn't start it, you did" argument about pulling an ego into this. I said WE started an ego war. Isn't it apparent at this point? Let it go, let it gooooooo. My original comment to you, was that the OP has a point despite not presenting ideally, in other words I agree it's a bit muddy but there is a point to the post to be read. This is where I disagee. I believe there's a good subject to be discussed (particularly that Warframe can beyond it's current glass ceiling of development and if a dialogue doesnt exist for it the game has a tendency of being over invested to specific aspects of the game), and the number of responses and upvotes to the OP tend to favor that sentiment and understanding of their content. It's ridiculous we've gone this far to get here. 

I hope that clears things up. And I do "hate the forums" because this kind of stuff happens way too much. 

The last comment you are talking about, addressing the person or dont talk at all helps bring to light another subject. Typically I like to talk about ideas more than specifically the person and vulnerabities in the nature of what they are conveying (which is why I didn't want to find the quote to "prove you wrong"). Which if I'm honest, I'm really hoping to see more of but it seems to be more and more wishful thinking. I isolate your comments more and more now because you are a bit of a jerk "I didnt ask for your opinion on warframe forums" (ridiculous), but believe me it's not what I enjoy nor what I typically try to offer on the forums. What momentum you've brought to this subject by the OP, is not in response to the topic (which is there), but your own reaction to the presentation. You've offered nothing in comment about the topic at all, only that you disdain their approach. Pretty substantive comment. I respect your opinion, but I've not learned much beyond you dont like their presentation. 

TLDR, OP does have a point, I feel it a bit ridiculous to hold your hand to see it. All you had to do is follow their original comment from start to finish respecting it for what it is.

Edited by ikkabotz

Op said, "Community, having pride and putting faith into DE is adding A LOT of pressure for DE to make Fortuna and RailJack right. If this keeps happening, once they come out, then they will be doing things that turn out to be what's ultimately wrong"

After 3 times I asked to prove me wrong this is all you could find? I already addressed this part. In other words, people are hyped, and when fortuna and railjack gets released they will end up disappointed and start criticizing the game. My response was:

On 2018-10-02 at 3:49 PM, MiMiren said:

To address your first few sentences, its normal for people to have hopes and hype for something they believe they will enjoy. I mean, to any random player that just opens this thread and reads the first sentence, the reaction is gonna be "where is this coming from?"

There's a different issue the OP seems to be talking about, however that issue is in the video. Which is the center of the conversation even though you don't want to admit it. I refuse to watch the video. You are telling me that I'm wrong to think the video is bad because you agree with the video.

This again brings up the point I made in my first post. Instead of not explaining anything, and forcing people to watch the video, he should have explained the problem with his own words. You watched the video so you think there's an obvious point, but I didn't watch it and without that no way would anyone know what the hell is he talking about. 

To put it bluntly, the op doesn't have a proper point to make. He just agrees with the video which I refuse to watch. That also triggers you. Basically the video is about something. Both you and op agree with the video. However the way people, that support the video, act shows to me that its not a good one so I'll keep refusing to watch it.

TLDR, OP does have a point, I feel it a bit ridiculous to hold your hand to see it. All you had to do is follow their original comment from start to finish respecting it for what it is.

You don't want to hold my hand? That's fine, but don't expect me to guess what your point is. If you are not interested in a discussion so be it. I'll just make a post about how you make no sense. I also find it weird when you just write something like "i hate forums" out of the blue and I don't think you are using the word generalize properly.

27 minutes ago, MiMiren said:

After 3 times I asked to prove me wrong this is all you could find? I already addressed this part. In other words, people are hyped, and when fortuna and railjack gets released they will end up disappointed and start criticizing the game. My response was:

There's a different issue the OP seems to be talking about, however that issue is in the video. Which is the center of the conversation even though you don't want to admit it. I refuse to watch the video. You are telling me that I'm wrong to think the video is bad because you agree with the video.

This again brings up the point I made in my first post. Instead of not explaining anything, and forcing people to watch the video, he should have explained the problem with his own words. You watched the video so you think there's an obvious point, but I didn't watch it and without that no way would anyone know what the hell is he talking about. 

To put it bluntly, the op doesn't have a proper point to make. He just agrees with the video which I refuse to watch. That also triggers you. Basically the video is about something. Both you and op agree with the video. However the way people, that support the video, act shows to me that its not a good one so I'll keep refusing to watch it.

You don't want to hold my hand? That's fine, but don't expect me to guess what your point is. If you are not interested in a discussion so be it. I'll just make a post about how you make no sense. I also find it weird when you just write something like "i hate forums" out of the blue and I don't think you are using the word generalize properly.

I understand what you're saying, it's just that you're missing the point of the post. It's less to do with hype about Fortuna and more that there are other aspects to Warframe to look forward to in development outside of it (and its important to have a robust culture in the forums supporting it). I don't see "force" being the verb of choice in the original post, and would ask that if you are going to reply to an original post that you take the time for what's presented in it. But if that's how you see it I'll respect it.

As far as not understanding the word "generalize" properly, I will add that you are right that you went as far as not just generalizing, but making a hasty generalization of the video. 

When I say I don't want to hold your hand, what I'm saying is I don't understand why you want me to convey the point of the original post for you. It's a bit confusing, on one hand you don't want any interest to the content of the post, on the other you want it explained.

Out of fairness to this topic and other people responding though, can we just agree to disagree and move forward so this thread doesn't get locked?

Edited by ikkabotz

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-02 at 12:55 PM, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Yes, DE could make the content drops more frequent, or at the very least have stuff for us to do in-between. I mean, sure, as a package Fortuna can't exactly be released bit by bit, but in the time we had this content drought we could have had events. Not even talking about brand-new events, just the the minimal effort that would be to re-run old events, instead of Ghouls, Plaguestar, Ghouls, Plaguestar, Ghouls, Razorback Armada, Ghouls, more Ghouls, Balor Fomorian, Ghouls, Plaguestar, Ghouls... Hell I'd be fine with delaying Fortuna a bit if it meant having a team working on smaller content to avoid the drought.

it wouldnt matter if pc got it bit by bit consoles will get it all at once regardless because DE has to pay for every update they put out into cert.  thats why we got the mainline and chimera at same time