Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Prime's Effigy makes all cloth items disappear

NightmareT12

Just like title says, you might remember this bug from when the Deluxe skin released as well, which had the same issue.

Simply put, the tabard is not supposed to go anywhere (it's not even on the effigy and it wouldn't connect anyways). Should be fairly simple.

Warframe0729.jpg

Warframe0730.jpg

I hope you guys can solve this!

EDIT 25.7.0: Scapula (the cloth thingy) offset is fixed as of this update, so removing it from the thread! The Effigy script issue is still present! 🙂

Edited by NightmareT12
Changed thread title
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to note that this is still an issue as of latest mainline (23.10). Bonus addition of the already mentioned elsewhere loincloth misalignment -- which needs not only rotation, but apparently is a few pixels (I'd dare say between 5 and 10, not many more) to Chroma's right. You can see the emissive's center (the center of the cloth addition) is not touching where the Axis meet:

xPnBNIj.jpg

Ray plz I pray to you!

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, (XB1)JDEALS said:

Ummm you think that’s a problem try to equip any tennogen skin it doesn’t work there all bugged. It won’t change chroma primes torso into the tennogen skin so your always stuck with chroma prime effigy. What is DE doing? 

You mean once you turn off Prime details right? This got fixed on PC sometime ago and I guess next console build will include it 🙂

Edited by NightmareT12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kinda disappointing an obvious glaring issue has yet to be fixed.

Has anyone else also noticed that Chroma Prime's textures seem to be pretty low res? The textures seem all pixelated and blurry when compared to to other primes. The helmet seems decent but everything else looks way too blurry

12 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Has anyone else also noticed that Chroma Prime's textures seem to be pretty low res? The textures seem all pixelated and blurry when compared to to other primes. The helmet seems decent but everything else looks way too blurry

I see what you mean, but I think it's because he uses mostly metallics. There's a bit of two issues:

a) The game uses compressed assets and not that big resolution maps, so it makes these pop out more.

b) Many of the textures use metallics (when light reflects, usually you can see these on big surfaces) and then there's also the fact that, due the way all Warframes are made, when certain areas stretch it makes the texture defects pop out more.

So it's not that it can't be fixed, but it's more that they would need to prepare the game for proper 4K assets or something to see these pop out less.

As for the issue I reported in the topic, yep. Repositioning the tabard shouldn't take that long from what I gather, the script issue can be a bit more complicated.

28 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I see what you mean, but I think it's because he uses mostly metallics. There's a bit of two issues:

a) The game uses compressed assets and not that big resolution maps, so it makes these pop out more.

b) Many of the textures use metallics (when light reflects, usually you can see these on big surfaces) and then there's also the fact that, due the way all Warframes are made, when certain areas stretch it makes the texture defects pop out more.

So it's not that it can't be fixed, but it's more that they would need to prepare the game for proper 4K assets or something to see these pop out less.

As for the issue I reported in the topic, yep. Repositioning the tabard shouldn't take that long from what I gather, the script issue can be a bit more complicated.

It just seems so inconsistent to me. The textures, metallics, and gold bits seem perfectly fine on the helmet whereas the body looks like a mess. Alot of prime frames like Nyx, Rhino, Vauban prime have consistent clear and crisp textures  especially on the gold metallic bits. 

Here is two pics comparing Rhin and chroma prime at the same zoom level:

Chroma:

bbM0cvo.jpg

Rhino:

3hil6ia.jpg

You can see there is quite the disparity in their texture qualities which is sad considering Chroma prime was released much more recently than rhino prime

Edited by Dragazer

Ah that, it's just the textures are compressed or are incredibly downsized. Rhino was converted to PBR by Kary, and while some things came out wonky, the uncompression and overall resolution of the textures is godly. Most newer Prime releases come out more compressed/with less resolution, unfortunately.

Edited by NightmareT12

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Checking again on different animations, I think I found the culprit for misalignment: The tabard is intended to be anchored to the front surface of his pelvic area, but it's instead anchored for some reason further inside the mesh of Chroma Prime (ie mid mesh), in a similar fashion to how Limbo Prime's shoulder armors are anchored. That would explain the way it behaves.

You probably should double check that in order to fix it.

Edited by NightmareT12

20 minutes ago, [DE]Tweep said:

We are aware of the issue and are looking into fixes. 

Thanks Tweep! 😭 I'm hoping you guys can find a nice solution, I've been researching a bit and it seems complicated.

BTW, thanks for all the work you're doing keeping the subforum noted, I think we all greatly appreciate it!