Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of content can be avoided if DE allow user-made plugins\mods

Atekron

Now a Creation Gallery would be fun, users create weapons, warframes, maps and missions and if they are accepted would be added to the game, but there has to be a point, these weapons, mods and warframes should be only by platinum and by credit, never for real money, this can ruin the game in the long run, especially by letting people who pay in higher and long term MR creating a gap of differences, now if it is paid temporarily, ie0 1 month for money, and then made available by Platinum and Credito, yes it would be good.

Obviously they would be adapted and balanced to not stay absurdly OP, our Trash

Idk, for me, mods make for an incredibly unpolished experience. I would personally not enjoy them very much. Sure you can argue that some of the stuff DE cranks out doesn't seem completely polished on release either, but they definitely make a huuuuge effort to improve those, and quickly. I can't actually remember the last thing that was put out that I wouldn't consider super polished. Maybe the focus system when it originally came out?

18 minutes ago, Escapements said:

they have the final say on everything ,  so yes there is no downside 

and i don think it will mess they'er vision at all , quite the opposite , it will give them many creative ideas that is ready to be added to the game with minimal effort 

i mean just look at Bethesda games , they come loaded with bugs (even more than this game let that sink in) and the fans fix most of them out of passion and they

also overhaul the whole game with absolutely fantastic ideas and mods , and the best part of it is , ITS FREE , so its time DE take the next step and allow us in .

Bethesda doesn't go through the mods though. Bethesda says "Do what you want" and the community goes wild. That model would not work for Warframe.

DE would have to take time away from developing other content to give the OK and balance all the new stuff as well. So, there's a downside. Full content is a LOT harder to give the OK for than cosmetics. To my knowledge, Tennogen has a dubious place in canon. Full content would be harder to handwave.

And, as for "Oh, yeah, fans fixing everything out of passion can only be a good thing".

Not always a good thing.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that a big part of Warframe's monetisation is the casual market. This game will never be a Dark Souls. Even though I want more challenging content, I'm at peace with the fact that it'll at best be a mild challenge, enough to encourage deeper understanding, and is unlikely to require absolute mastery.

Edited by Loza03

Just now, Escapements said:

well its a controlled environment so no matter what OP BFG of annihilation you make , DE will review it first , you clearly understand that you cant just add mods to the live servers

even DE own content cant be just added to the game in heartbeat , they release them in what is called patches/hotfixes/updates wish require you to download stuff so lets all agree

they have nothing to lose from this guaranteed . 

Exactly.

It's a controlled environment.

You don't think there's some machine that automatically checks if something's balanced and fixes it do you? That has to be done manually. As in, DE has to do it.

There's a reason why it takes so long for a weapon to go from the planning phase to the implemented phase. We're getting the Corpus Glaive (and most likely the shotgun and revolver) they showed off at Tennocon in the next update. It's been months since they first showed up.

OP says they could do something like Bugthesda's Creation Club, while everybody knows that most things in the Creation Club is either pure garbage, not-too-bad-but-should-be-free stuff (like backpacks. Seriously who spend money for ig backpacks?) or basicaly something that you could get for free via another mod on the Nexus. 

Also, idk if anybody here knows MxR but... there's a reason why all his Mod Review videos are demonitized. *cough* *sloots* *cough*

Just let Warframe be Warframe. 

I used to mod the holy hell out of Skyrim so this is interesting indeed. There would have to be some heavy Quality Control from DE but I wouldn't mind being able to create new Maps or Tilesets. Creating new enemies would be cool as well.

3 minutes ago, Escapements said:

this is not true , balance has nothing to do with and i'll prove it to you , do you know this powercreep incarnate ?

Image result for tiberon prime

its never stopped DE team to release it as is, so no , its not about balance , its about  the available resources + what take the first priority (fortuna atm)

the fans have passion + free time + resources to assist DE on that matter , so i'll say it again , DE have nothing to lose from this , its time for this to happen . 

I'll counter you this: Tiberon Prime is far, FAR from the best damage dealing option in the game.

Yes, even with that 5-star riven.

Why? Saryn, Volt, Banshee and Equinox laugh in the face of single-target damage by making everything in a 360 degree radius die. Chroma, Rhino and even Limbo with his augment can make weapons that hit more targets or fire faster deal as much damage, allowing for higher overall kills per second. Ignis, Phantasma and Amprex can deal damage to entire corridors of enemies. No 5 star Riven can make Tiberon Prime hit more targets. Similarly, no Riven can make Gram hit more than a few targets at once.

Is the Tiberon Prime power creep? Yeah, probably, especially compared with other burst-fire or semi-autos. Is it balanced? Yes. It is nowhere near as effective as the other options I've given. It's not the strongest weapon available, so it cannot be OP. And, besides, a good Sniper setup can deal more single-target damage once we start taking combo counters into account.

So, whilst Warframe does have severe balance issues, DE doesn't ignore it entirely. Modders on the other hand? Oh, they would.

42 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Bethesda doesn't go through the mods though. Bethesda says "Do what you want" and the community goes wild. That model would not work for Warframe.

DE would have to take time away from developing other content to give the OK and balance all the new stuff as well. So, there's a downside. Full content is a LOT harder to give the OK for than cosmetics. To my knowledge, Tennogen has a dubious place in canon. Full content would be harder to handwave.

And, as for "Oh, yeah, fans fixing everything out of passion can only be a good thing".

Not always a good thing.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that a big part of Warframe's monetisation is the casual market. This game will never be a Dark Souls. Even though I want more challenging content, I'm at peace with the fact that it'll at best be a mild challenge, enough to encourage deeper understanding, and is unlikely to require absolute mastery.

please - not extra credits, too overrated and a lot what they say are BS

p.s. if somebody will make Dark Soul mode in warframe I will give him all my plat(73p currently)

Edited by Atekron

Apart from the Mods, the Addons system would be very useful,
Depending on the Range of these addons would be great for weaker PC Players to be able to play the entire content of the warframe (Reducing game beautification that can weigh in plains for example, does not look beautiful but is playable)

But obviously the DE would have to create a team to check out these Addons and another team to get the ideas of weapons, mods, Frames and Maps and see if they are compatible with the game and have the staff give the finishing touches

Mods Graphics, Be to make the game more beautiful for players who have more powerful PCs
Or graphics mods that make the game lighter and more beautiful at the same time or even changing the style of the graphic (Cartoon), would be the only form of mods that I think would be acceptable in the warframe, and even so with supervision

Edited by walter100

1 minute ago, Atekron said:

please - not extra credits, too overrated and a lot what they say are BS

p.s. if somebody will made Dark Soul mode in warframe I will give him all my plat(73p currently)

I'll use whatever source I want, thank you very much. I, personally, think what they said in that episode was valid, and relevant to the discussion.

And how would a Dark Souls Warframe even work? 

6 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

But who's going to pay DE to check and review all of them? Not to mention the time needed.

If you say they're going to be paid content/DLC then I'll quit in a heartbeat and never look back.

Technically this would be a profit for the DE, Consider the Cost that it would pay to make those same contents herself, without speaking obviously in the volume of content that the game could have in a short time 

Not to mention that small problems can make players stop playing, if the addons solve this, they come back, and other players can come too, the same goes for the graphics, players a More means that more players can buy PL,

Edited by walter100

1 minute ago, low1991 said:

I will +1 and agree with OP if the plugin/mod are all client-sided and only affect UI (visual only). 

-1 if the plugin/mod are those that will change, modify core assets.

This makes sense. If it was just client-side graphical upgrades (Similar to the HUD changes TF2 players often use) I'd be more than happy with it. It'd basically be an expansion of Tennogen. I'd be very OK with using one that changed the visual effect of Limbo's Rift client-side back to how it used to be.

It's only changing or modifying core assets, adding content like weapons, maps and enemies that's a can of worms.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This makes sense. If it was just client-side graphical upgrades (Similar to the HUD changes TF2 players often use) I'd be more than happy with it. It'd basically be an expansion of Tennogen. I'd be very OK with using one that changed the visual effect of Limbo's Rift client-side back to how it used to be.

Opposite for me. Mainly if the mod/plugin exist, i will reduce eye-candy, nerf graphics, flash, etc... And maybe arrange the UI' icon to more of my liking. 

Just now, Escapements said:

a giant strawman , and you derailed from the point entirely 

i cant even take you seriously at this point because you 100% understand , that you cant just make your own powercreep mod/gun and stealth add it to the live servers , no review and

no adjustment from DE or vote from the community .... online games dose not work like that sorry .

The review is the downside, that costs time, effort, and potentially money. They have to do this for balancing. You responded that they don't care about balancing by claiming the Tiberon Prime is OP. I disproved this by showing that it is weaker than other weapons, thus, not over powered, thus they do have at least some care about balancing. Thus, my original point - that it takes a lot of time to properly balance a weapon - still stands.

I fail to see how I straw-manned here.

2 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

How are the creators of these weapons getting paid for their work?

There are 3 Types of Payment
In-game payment by PL or a Creator-only version.
Payment for Money (not much, but not too little)
Payment: Your weapon is in-game, (Not everyone wants money, not every game pays for player content, Many players just want to contribute to the game)

Would not be bad but this is an online game with monitorized content and not an offline game like mount and blade, starbound, skyrim, and every sandbox game where you are free to use mods if you wish. Very less online game can handle the mods because of coding issues and if someone touch core files it may can ruin others game and add more bug to a buggy game what warframe already is.

The only possible content is the tennogen currently and if they add a map editor which use the same procedure what tennogen have then you can make new maps by using the current items what the game uses but they only will release something like this if they can be sure that playermade map for example not buggy and there is logic in that map pathing. If the creator just making maps with full of holes and bugs or just trashy maps then it makes hard time to the devs to fix it and release it but if you have ideas and opinion you can still use the feature request or fan made section to discuss what you / others want then the devs maybe will check it later and use ideas from the feedback.

Just now, walter100 said:

There are 3 Types of Payment
In-game payment by PL or a Creator-only version.
Payment for Money (not much, but not too little)
Payment: Your weapon is in-game, (Not everyone wants money, not every game pays for player content, Many players just want to contribute to the game)

Addressing the first one locking stuff that affects gameplay behind a paywall is a terrible idea.

The second option having them work for free is even worse. There are severe negative connotations around profiting off stuff that people made for free. 

The option that could work is DE treating the creators as freelancers and pay them for their work on a case by case basis. That could work but at that point it is probably something they could do in house.

Look, everyone likes Skyrim, but anyone who is really into the modding scene knows you spend most of the time batching files, debugging your mod-list, loading utilities to make other utilities work, and then you only ever play the game for as long as it takes it to become an unstable mess and you have to burn the entire thing down anyway. I think this suggestion is possibly one of the worst things you could do for content drought; You would never see DE create anything ever again because all of their time would be spent polishing and debugging user created content. 

Look, I love Bethesda games because I can make them my own.  But that style of modding does not work well for an online experience.  Heck even for a single player experience there are issues.

Warframe is buggy enough as it is on new releases, adding in more spaghetti from mods will only cause problems.  DE can say it a dozen times that mods are not covered by support and folks will stil complain when they have to reinstall the game because of a mod incompatibility.

That said, DE sorta already does this with Tennogen.  So you want more content, make it.  Maybe see it in a dozen years.

Maybe they could extend Tennogen to decorations?

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

OP says they could do something like Bugthesda's Creation Club, while everybody knows that most things in the Creation Club is either pure garbage, not-too-bad-but-should-be-free stuff (like backpacks. Seriously who spend money for ig backpacks?) or basicaly something that you could get for free via another mod on the Nexus. 

because Bethesda intention was to make quick money on existing community where mods always was free, that's why they fail miserably

if DE's intention with "Warframe Creation Club" would be to populate game with pleora of content, and promote their game, while they are working on something big as Fortuna result can be very different