Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of content can be avoided if DE allow user-made plugins\mods

Atekron

15 minutes ago, Escapements said:

well this scenario is if DE allow us to add mods into the game as we please wish is never going to happen anyway , but the point remains , give tools for modoers to

mess with the game and polish they'er own mods.

and lets not forget , even DE spend ton of time polishing and removing bugs but it release broken anyway, and fortuna is not going to be safe from that even with 10

months on work so there is no point for DE to hold this on us .

do it DE and you will see magic that you have total choice and control to add it to your game if you wish .

You guys are still entirely missing the point; Setting up a framework for this, making sure it works, making sure it has enough variety that the things modders make are even worth having, all of these things take time. If the argument is that this is a good way to fix content drought then you need to consider development time as that is directly responsible for content drought. An endeavor like this would require as much time as PoE or Fortuna, and then would require constant attention from the development team moving forward.

You really have no concept of what a monumental task this would be.  

13 minutes ago, Acos said:

You guys are still entirely missing the point; Setting up a framework for this, making sure it works, making sure it has enough variety that the things modders make are even worth having, all of these things take time. If the argument is that this is a good way to fix content drought then you need to consider development time as that is directly responsible for content drought. An endeavor like this would require as much time as PoE or Fortuna, and then would require constant attention from the development team moving forward.

You really have no concept of what a monumental task this would be.  

so, you will consider "sharpening the saw" waste of time and not see any benefits in it?

11 minutes ago, Atekron said:

so, you will consider "sharpening the saw" waste of time and not see any benefits in it?

I wouldn't consider allowing mods to be sharpening the saw in the slightest.

It'd be metaphorically closer to taking the saw, reshaping it into a hammer, and then still trying to use the now-hammer as a saw.  A complete waste of time that doesn't fix the original problem and made more problems in the process.

il y a 23 minutes, Escapements a dit :

alright have a like , but i still believe this is better than the drought we're eating right now , but if that is not going to be implemented ....

then threas only one fix for this and its entirely on DE :

HIRE MORE PEOPLE ! the current team is not cutting it anymore , the game get so big but the team did not , its time to invest on additional crew to keep this game afloat, DE .

Hire people is easy to say, but in practise this could take months if not more, and I'm not even talking about the formation the new employes would need to understand the way DE and Warframe work before they actualy start producing stuff. 

Also, they might not have the budget/infrasturctures for additionnal crew members. 

Erh.... I'm tired of these "content drought" threads. They even talked about it in the last Devstream, so why do people keep whining about it?

3 minutes ago, Escapements said:

hire more game designers

I can tell you with absolute certainty that it would be months/years before new people brought into the company would make a player-noticeable effect on things.

More people does not make things faster immediately. There would still be time before Fortuna, there would still be a lot of time before Railjack. Still more before New War.

4 minutes ago, Escapements said:

even interns would be better at this point

Interns are interning to learn. Therefore they would be an active drain on the productivity, while maybe adding something of their own.

5 minutes ago, Escapements said:

well its still better than what we're having right now to be honest , 10 months of no content for an update that might disappoint big time and get pushed aside for another project 

Nothing would be different because whatever system to do this would have a significant amount of work to do and would delay whatever it came before. You aren't listening to people explaining how this is not the magic solution you think it is.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Don't we all want to play as a Unicorn Atlas wearing the Infinity Gauntlet, wandering on Pluto with a pink rainbowed sky

Plus, online.

I know you were joking but I want this SO much now. 

(This is my Atlas, which probably explains things)

7F7B57578ACDC747F6A520B2FC93C6D3FFE1B550

il y a 1 minute, Escapements a dit :

it needs to happen to keep this game up and running , if they dont have enough crew to make big updates like fortuna in less than 1 year then...

why bother ? why take a challenge you clearly not up to it ? just because theres no competition right now dose not mean this game is safe

Just because it takes more than a year to make doesn't mean they are not up to the task. It takes more time, that's it. DE is far from being a huge company like Rockstar, Ubisoft or EA, so of course they don't have the same productivity, yet they kept updating this game for more than 5 years with regular content. And now, just because we have less new stuff than usualy (instead we got plenty of reworks with more to come, as well as a weapon rebalance), people go crazy and call it a "content drought", knowing that DE is working on the biggest bunch of content they ever released yet. 

When a wave arrives, the water retires. This wave (of content) is coming, and yet people keep whining because there's no more water. 

6 minutes ago, Escapements said:

well its still better than what we're having right now to be honest , 10 months of no content for an update that might disappoint big time and get pushed aside for another project 

and you cant just add mods to this game in heartbeat , you need to go through the same process as tennogen skins , and its entirely up to DE to do so nobody can force them

and can i ask you what is the other fix for this problem ? because right now theres only 1 and its totally in DE hands , hire more game designers , i mean ...

even interns would be better at this point

Hey everyone,

Revenant, the Phantasma and his mini-quest wasn't content.

The Strata Relay and Zyloc wasn't content.

The Nezha re-work and deluxe skin wasn't content.

The Vauban tweak and deluxe skin wasn't content.

Frame Fighter isn't content.

The Sacrifice, Excalibur Umbra, Umbra Mods and Skiajati  wasn't content.

Sanctuary Onslaught isn't content.

Khora, Hystix, Dual Keres and Vedt wasn't content.

The new Zaw and amp parts wasn't content.

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime and Pyranna Prime wasn't content

Mirage Prime, Akbolto Prime, Kogake Prime wasn't content

Zyphyr Prime, Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime wasn't content

The Feburary weapon tweaks wasn't content.

The Tridolon Bounty isn't content

Riven Transmuting wasn't content.

Ash, Altas, Banshee, Ember, Gara, Hydriod, Mirage, Mag, Rhino, Volt and Zephr tweaks weren't content.

I am sure I am missing more things that happened in Warframe, but there has been quite a bit of content in the last 10 months.  You might have not liked it but it was there.  And content is far more general of category than game play (as in missions, quests, alerts).

2 minutes ago, Escapements said:

and what fix do you suggest ? how can we stop this playerbase bleeding ? and i might not be a game designer but i think your point is completly flase , i heard about games 

getting abandoned and adopted by a new studio , it happen all the time , so i dont see how hiring more people that will get couching from DE is complicated 

I don't mean this with any animosity, but you don't know what you are talking about.

3 minutes ago, Escapements said:

that content properly get tweaked and bug-squished to oblivion by the fan modder

Warframe is not Skyrim. In the exceptionally unlikely event mods were allowed, there is literally no way players would be able to touch anything regarding the game/engine itself. No bug fixes, no tweaks. Half a squad running a community bug fix? Impossible.

5 minutes ago, Escapements said:

if its not a magic solutions , then it will not hurt to give the tools for modders to mess with the game right ?, what are you fearing anyway ? that DE will start adding ready content and

It will hurt to make those mod tools. That's the beginning and end of it. You don't just draw a sigil on the ground and the earth tears open and mod tools on a flash drive pop out. That is dev time spent on nonsense where it would otherwise be spent making progress on the game.

8 minutes ago, Escapements said:

i said that jokingly to highlight the current desperation we have with this content drought, i am saddened to see you taking it seriously 

Well then everything I've said is joking. Why did you take it seriously???

17 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

Hey everyone,

Revenant, the Phantasma and his mini-quest wasn't content.

The Strata Relay and Zyloc wasn't content.

The Nezha re-work and deluxe skin wasn't content.

The Vauban tweak and deluxe skin wasn't content.

Frame Fighter isn't content.

The Sacrifice, Excalibur Umbra, Umbra Mods and Skiajati  wasn't content.

Sanctuary Onslaught isn't content.

Khora, Hystix, Dual Keres and Vedt wasn't content.

The new Zaw and amp parts wasn't content.

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime and Pyranna Prime wasn't content

Mirage Prime, Akbolto Prime, Kogake Prime wasn't content

Zyphyr Prime, Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime wasn't content

The Feburary weapon tweaks wasn't content.

The Tridolon Bounty isn't content

Riven Transmuting wasn't content.

Ash, Altas, Banshee, Ember, Gara, Hydriod, Mirage, Mag, Rhino, Volt and Zephr tweaks weren't content.

I am sure I am missing more things that happened in Warframe, but there has been quite a bit of content in the last 10 months.  You might have not liked it but it was there.  And content is far more general of category than game play (as in missions, quests, alerts).

why not to put every single word in a new line? it would be even more "content"

1 minute ago, Atekron said:

why not to put every single word in a new line? it would be even more "content"

So your only issue is my  choice in formatting?  Because I wanted to illustrate there was a bit more than no content in the last 10 months.  I broke it up that way because it allows for a better timeline of what has happened in Warframe in the last 10 months.  There hasn't been all that new of game play content in the last 10 months, but there has been quite a bit of content mostly in the area of cosmetics and re-works/tweaks.  Most of it seems to to be forgotten to exist when these no content posts crop up.

il y a 33 minutes, Escapements a dit :

and you're admitting by your own tongue that DE is no Rockstar or EA , so why take a challenge that is bigger than them ? i can see that you're a relatively new player

but back in the days , DE used to update this game regularly , Events/Warframes/Mods/Game Mods/ and polishing and it was working wonderfully 

Whay take such a challenge ? Because Warframe's dev are real passionate. If you really like something and are getting good at it, isn't it natural to challenge yourself ? If you're the N°1 player of whatever sport in your country, why no try to become N° 1 in the world ?

Also, yes the game used to update very quickly. But at the same time, nearly nothing was reworked. Old frames were gathering dust, old tileset not made for movement 2.0 stood in place, etc... For years we've been asking DE to slow down on new content and take time to redo the old content and now that DE is finally doing this. People start complaining about content drought.

2 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

So your only issue is my  choice in formatting?  Because I wanted to illustrate there was a bit more than no content in the last 10 months.  I broke it up that way because it allows for a better timeline of what has happened in Warframe in the last 10 months.  There hasn't been all that new of game play content in the last 10 months, but there has been quite a bit of content mostly in the area of cosmetics and re-works/tweaks.  Most of it seems to to be forgotten to exist when these no content posts crop up.

Hey everyone,Revenant, the Phantasma and his mini-quest wasn't content. - new frame, good

The Strata Relay and Zyloc wasn't content. - about 2 hours of playtime

The Nezha re-work and deluxe skin wasn't content. - rework was good but new skin is not content, it just cosmetic

The Vauban tweak and deluxe skin wasn't content.- oh really? what tweaks? skin ^^^

Frame Fighter isn't content. - waist of recources, not content

The Sacrifice, Excalibur Umbra, Umbra Mods and Skiajati  wasn't content.- decent quest but in terms of "content" not even close to TSD and TWW

Sanctuary Onslaught isn't content. - it's indeed drop of content

Khora, Hystix, Dual Keres and Vedt wasn't content. - new frame, take them from december to finish, not so fast isn't it?

The new Zaw and amp parts wasn't content. - wow two new part, it will be enough for months to play

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime and Pyranna Prime wasn't content -well, they have schedual for prime warframes, and money is good

Mirage Prime, Akbolto Prime, Kogake Prime wasn't content -it was 2017

Zyphyr Prime, Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime wasn't content well, they have schedual for prime warframes, and money is good

The Feburary weapon tweaks wasn't content. - rebalance, very overdue actually

The Tridolon Bounty isn't content -  it's indeed a drop of content

Riven Transmuting wasn't content. - it's actually not content, it's a joke

Ash, Altas, Banshee, Ember, Gara, Hydriod, Mirage, Mag, Rhino, Volt and Zephr tweaks weren't content. - pure ember 😞 , pls don't

better? I would say not that mach to play with

4 minutes ago, Escapements said:

they're content truth to be told , but it still not enough to keep me around , in 10 months game studios build a whole game from the ground up , and Fortuna is now

under a lot of ''Hyper'' presser , if it fails then theres a deer consequences.

That's a personal metric.  No amount of content could be enough for some players while 1/10 of Warframe's content would satisfy others. 

It is a lot easier to create a whole new game sometimes than keep adding more content to an old one. I guessing more profitable too.  Good chance why there is Destiny 2 rather than more Destiny content and Assassin Creed makes annual games.  Still basic stuff of the other games with new skins and a full price tag.

7 minutes ago, Atekron said:

Hey everyone,Revenant, the Phantasma and his mini-quest wasn't content. - new frame, good

The Strata Relay and Zyloc wasn't content. - about 2 hours of playtime

The Nezha re-work and deluxe skin wasn't content. - rework was good but new skin is not content, it just cosmetic

The Vauban tweak and deluxe skin wasn't content.- oh really? what tweaks? skin ^^^

Frame Fighter isn't content. - waist of recources, not content

The Sacrifice, Excalibur Umbra, Umbra Mods and Skiajati  wasn't content.- decent quest but in terms of "content" not even close to TSD and TWW

Sanctuary Onslaught isn't content. - it's indeed drop of content

Khora, Hystix, Dual Keres and Vedt wasn't content. - new frame, take them from december to finish, not so fast isn't it?

The new Zaw and amp parts wasn't content. - wow two new part, it will be enough for months to play

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime and Pyranna Prime wasn't content -well, they have schedual for prime warframes, and money is good

Mirage Prime, Akbolto Prime, Kogake Prime wasn't content -it was 2017

Zyphyr Prime, Tiberon Prime and Kronen Prime wasn't content well, they have schedual for prime warframes, and money is good

The Feburary weapon tweaks wasn't content. - rebalance, very overdue actually

The Tridolon Bounty isn't content -  it's indeed a drop of content

Riven Transmuting wasn't content. - it's actually not content, it's a joke

Ash, Altas, Banshee, Ember, Gara, Hydriod, Mirage, Mag, Rhino, Volt and Zephr tweaks weren't content. - pure ember 😞 , pls don't

better? I would say not that mach to play with

So outside the War Within and Second Dream (which combined were about 2 hours of content) what made Warfame not have a content drought in the years before Plains of Eidolon to you?  There was less to do then than there is now.

Edit: As for including 2017 content, we are at the beginning of October not the end.  Well within your 10 month window.

Edited by Saturmorn_Carvilli

we can avoid content droughts by making the game season based if each update had small updates drip feeding content and changes until the big update each updates has exclusive mods ,skins ,auras and weapons emotes included 

kinda like they used to do for sorties but with the whole game  

14 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

*reading all the armchair developers here in the past week alone*

Woof. Can't wait for fortuna so we can be spammed with something new.

Well, "new". I expect a lot of "mah grind is too big!" as soon as it lands. 

To everyone else; I've been playing this game for a long time. We're not having a content drought because DE is falling behind, or needs to hire new people, or synthesis a new saw, we're having a content drought because DE has stopped pushing everything out of the door the second it's done and is instead shoving all its' stuff into one big rain cloud. Once they do launch everything they've been working on you'll have plenty to do and we'll probably all forget we were having conversations like this. 

In the mean time it isn't as though Warframe is going anywhere, and I have plenty of other video games to play. 

1 hour ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

So outside the War Within and Second Dream (which combined were about 2 hours of content) what made Warfame not have a content drought in the years before Plains of Eidolon to you?  There was less to do then than there is now.

What made Warframe not have content drought?

Weekly updates that weren't just cosmetic drops. frequent Events and Tactical alerts, and I'm not talking about the ghoul garbage that repeats every two weeks, The events and Tactical alerts were actually unique.

From the 3rd December 2015 till the 22 December 2016 we got.

The second dream, which wasn't just a 1 hour quest (unlike the Sacrifice), it introduced Sorties, Operator Gameplay, Focus system, Login changes.

The first Acolyte event and Tactical alert

Sands of Inaros.

Operation Rathuum event.

Lunaro.

Specters of the Rails update, which completely overhauled the starchart, added Junctions, reworked the void, Reworked archwing controls, introduced Kavats.

The Silver Grove, Reworked the Fusion system into the current Endo system.

Long shadow Tactical alert.

The Index Preview Event.

Nightmare mission rework.

The War within, Added the Kuva fortress, added the Riven and Kuva system.

The Glast Gambit,  Added the Index missions full time and expanded on the Riven system by adding shotguns and secondary Rivens.

You're satisfied with the 5 New weapon drops in the past 10 months? You wanna know how many Weapons dropped in the time span that i pointed out? 36, I S#&$ you not, 36 New weapons, not counting primes, and I urge you to count them because I honestly didn't believe it at first. 

Wanna know how many Warframes dropped in that time span? 5 new Warframes, again not including Primes.

That coupled with New mission types, New enemies, almost monthly new augments, Boss reworks, Ayatans, Mission reworks, Reworked Tilesets. 

Even Deluxe skins dropped frequently back then. Trinity, Oberon, Nova, Banshee, Ash. All dropped in a span of a Year, and a lot of weapon skins.

The comparison between back then and now is not even close.

Feel free to double check everything, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Update_18 / http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Update_19

There's a lot I probably missed or didn't include, everything from Primes to Weapon Tweaks to Warframe Reworks.

Edited by Midrib

1 hour ago, Escapements said:

they're content truth to be told , but it still not enough to keep me around , in 10 months game studios build a whole game from the ground up , and Fortuna is now

under a lot of ''Hyper'' presser , if it fails then theres a deer consequences.

Oh well, not enough to keep you around.

I don't think you sticking around or not is going to matter all that much to DE, or anyone at all, except you personally. This may surprise you, but DE isn't developing this game for you, or trying to carter their developement to your specific wishes or desires.

Also what's a "deer" consequence? Like freezing in headlights?

24 minutes ago, Escapements said:

you mean 1 month at most bug infested and incomplete cloud  with some chance of disappointment? accurate forecast + cant agree more lol

and  you can go ask the devs in twitter if they like the players to take a break and go play another game instead of warframe and see what they will tell you

and theres no math in artificial, mindless grind , DE changed the resources  recruitment for POE Arcanes on they're own because they know it was too much.

you're simply helping this game to fail with this mentality 

I don't need to really go bother the devs with a question about a stance they've been more then clear about several times in the past; Unlike what you are assuming, our development team isn't hellbent on making sure that you play Warframe and nothing but Warframe, and, in fact, are quite accepting of the fact that it is an insane idea to expect one outlet of entertainment to be your one and only source of entertainment forever. It actually takes a lot of pressure off of them, and their sales are not hurt by the presence of other media since time is not something they compete with. 

I entirely don't understand why you think your third line is making a point about anything. DE toned down the grind in POE largely at the behest of player feedback which... was really cool of them to do? So yay for the development team, they have once again demonstrated that they can and do routinely listen to player feedback. 

Also, and I don't like pulling this card too often, but you realize I'm a founder right? I've done significantly more than you ever will to help this game succeed.