Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, When You Finish Fortuna...

(PSN)LoisGordils

Apologies if I sound demanding, but... seeing as how the Fortuna update will drop a massive amount of content (followed by additional tidbits and Railjack), could you afterwards focus your resources and efforts on reworking the rest of the underwhelming Warframes? You did something very similar earlier this year and many Warframes got fixed up quite nicely! However, a few remain in a relatively dire state. My hope is that, one day, all Warframes will incorporate scalability, synergy and, above all, fun. I want to be able to find use for all four abilities.

Here is a comprehensive list of Warframes I feel should be revised (not in any particular order) either for one or two skills or the entire kit:

1. Nyx - mainly her Psychic Bolts, some synergy and better math for Absorb

2. Wukong - entire kit, I'm afraid

3. Ember - sincerely, World On Fire is not a very good design. No interaction at all.

4. Chroma - his 1 & 4 are awful. The other two abilities may as well be passive or incorporated into one.

5. Vauban - Tesla is BAD, Minelayer is underwhelming and his overall kit is redundant.

6. Ivara - her Navigator could use a revision. Most projectiles travel way too past to make use of this skill

7. Khora - Venari is unique, but underwhelming. Give Whipclaw some synergy with Venari's current pose. Seatbealtdome can use a touch up. Maybe some bonuses for anyone inside the dome?

8. Ash - he's great! However, for consistency's sake, I feel his Shuriken should scale with melee and Riven mods. Akin to Gara, Khora, Atlas etc.

9. Banshee - I absolutely adore Banshee, I think she's fun and demands skill. However, Silence could most certainly use a revisit. Make it synergize with her other skills, completely mute the area under its influence etc. Grant Sound Quake additional effects.

10. Frost - he's alright and effective. But he is also a tad stale in my opinion.

11. Loki - he has never been revised. His playstyle is a bit cheesy and quite boring if you ask me.

12. Nova - her Null Star needs a rework. The 90% health damage reduction is both underwhelming and unreliable. 

13. Valkyr - her Ripline absolutely needs a revisit. Paralysis could also see some improvements.

14. Titania - the unpredictability of her floating effects on both Spellbind and Lantern and the poor, costly bonuses of Tribute should be looked at. Lantern's AoE damage overtime could scale with the affected enemy's health.

15. Trinity - I already feel the anger towards me. However, she's very effective, yes. Sadly, she is also a bit boring and grants energy too effectively with little investment and no interaction or synergies. 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

They will soon focus on Railjack, but best thing for them is to take a break or two to celebrate Fortuna's launch along with some minor content patches/hotfixes to complement the mainline update.

They may be developers, but they still need and deserve their breaks.

Considering the result of finishing Plains last year, it would not be surprising to take a bit this time as well for any advancements off of that. That said, I am sure DE is staying busy just as they did then in background stuff. Perhaps a warframe being 'stale' or boring for one player is not a good reason for them to get a rework however.

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Perhaps a warframe being 'stale' or boring for one player is not a good reason for them to get a rework however.

While this is very much true, I have met players with similar philosophies. Hopefully, a developer in charge of managing Warframe skills also shares a similar ideology :]

"ERMAGERD TEH NERF MENTALITY Y U TELL DE TO NERF EMBER AND TRINITY REEEEEEE" 

now that someone has said that. everyone else who feels that way please shut it.

anyways practically all of these are good ideas. idk how reworking loki would go though... wukong doesnt need a nerf/buff but his kit is pretty boring indeed. in any case after fortuna small updates would be great.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

While this is very much true, I have met players with similar philosophies. Hopefully, a developer in charge of managing Warframe skills also shares a similar ideology :]

there are 2 job in a group that are the most baby sitty, and tedious at times. those 2 jobs are healer and tank. they are roles any group trying to do anything serious needs. trinity is a MAIN healer. her job is to keep the more sturdy and damage dealy frames alive and doing what they do. if you find that boring there are 34 other frames pick one.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there are 2 job in a group that are the most baby sitty, and tedious at times. those 2 jobs are healer and tank. they are roles any group trying to do anything serious needs. trinity is a MAIN healer. her job is to keep the more sturdy and damage dealy frames alive and doing what they do. if you find that boring there are 34 other frames pick one.

Error 404: Minimum IQ of 100 Not Found

17 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Eeeeh... Healing doesn't need to be boring, learned that in another MMO, on the other hand that depends entirely on encounter design which... Right, encounter design in Warframe.

9 minutes ago, TheKazz91 said:

Also Valkyrs ripline is dope

It's a horrible skill, the augment just adds salt to the wound. Make it have more effects. Like, pressing the melee attack while yanking an enemy would instead trigger a Finisher that would also grant bonus critical melee damage per kill.

17 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Eeeeh... Healing doesn't need to be boring, learned that in another MMO, on the other hand that depends entirely on encounter design which... Right, encounter design in Warframe.

if you want to do healing and you think trin is boring there are options. Harrow, Equinox, Oberon. ive played many a MMORPG. in Rift healers dont DPS when they are doing serious dungeons, in FFXIV i played as the White Mage, and Astralogian, you know what i did? buffed and healed. trinity may have some bugs in her kit but thats all the fixing she needs.

I wouldnt be opposed to being able to initiate a finisher on a rip lined target though if we are talking about how to make it fun to use against enemies that is more an issue with enemy design in warframe. Imagine if we had enemies that had armor plating that had to be removed to expose a weak point and rip line could be used to easily remove those armor plates. That would make it fun to use against enemies but I wasnt suggesting using ripline on enemies at all it is just a fun way to get around. Like rip line is 100% just for mobility right now. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

8. Ash - he's great! However, for consistency's sake, I feel his Shuriken should scale with melee and Riven mods. Akin to Gara, Khora, Atlas etc.

I feel like this would limit his build options and also make Shuriken a little too good, considering it homes in on targets, ignores environment collision, and has a static range (60 meters).

I'd rather them just add some more function and interaction into his kit.  Here's what my wish list looks like:

Shuriken: Make the cast and projectiles silent.  Make Shurikens stun enemies.  If a Shuriken hits a wall, it'll get stuck in it (more on the purpose of this later).

Smokescreen: Extend the stagger duration maybe?  I'd like to see it be more noticeable at least.

Teleport: Ash can cast Teleport on Shurikens stuck in walls (think Limbo's Switch Teleport with his Decoy).

Bladestorm: Maybe find a way to make targeting enemies with Bladestorm more intuitive and natural?  The ability itself is fine right now, it just feels awkward to use IMO.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if you want to do healing and you think trin is boring there are options. Harrow, Equinox, Oberon. ive played many a MMORPG. in Rift healers dont DPS when they are doing serious dungeons, in FFXIV i played as the White Mage, and Astralogian, you know what i did? buffed and healed. trinity may have some bugs in her kit but thats all the fixing she needs.

Of course there are options, tbh Trinity is basically like XIV's white mage, extremely simple, and draws it's strengths from that (which was the healer I played there).

That simplicity, of course, was rarely felt since they based a lot of the fun of fights on encounter design, which isn't REALLY a thing Warframe can do easily, by it's own nature.

4 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I think that is a fair stance, lets hope that whatever the devs do, it works out in the long-term!