[DE]Rebecca

The Meaning of Mainline: Next Update ETA!

Next week, ey? Nice. I hope that means Fortuna before the Christmas months.

Really appreciate you working for us on your birthday ^^ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!

Yay finally.... 

Oh.... and Happy Birthday

I am a couple of days away from getting the 100th daily tribute. How does the new system affects me? What should I do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VisMortis said:

I am a couple of days away from getting the 100th daily tribute. How does the new system affects me? What should I do?

You could always wait to play after you get to the 99th or so. The changes were said not to be retroactive, so if you claim the reward for the 100th day now, you'll never get the chance to see what you get post-change.

29 minutes ago, Lored said:

Next week? ok we'll wait...

So Fortuna & Orb Vallis mid Nov - early Dec?

Fortuna late october early november last I heard, as it will be shortly after mainline

33 minutes ago, Lored said:

So Fortuna & Orb Vallis mid Nov - early Dec?

I sortof hope it's this time and not earlier. I have finals coming up in two weeks time thag will end in early November. 

A mid November release would be perfect for me 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

Barring any Hotfix emergencies, the next Update you receive on PC will be a MAINLINE!

If you don't know what Mainlines are, it's the type of update where we send out everything we've been working on that's accumulated that isn't related to a bigger picture feature. So while no Fortuna stuff is coming in this Mainline, you will be getting an diverse roster of content + QoL including:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!
- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!
- New Melee weapons!
- Daily Tribute Overhaul!
- A/B/C Configurations for Operator Customizations.
- + About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes.

We expect the earliest this will ship is next week and we'll keep you updated on that goal.

Cheers!

Any news on that new renderer that Steve was showing off on his stream?

It was giving a 20-30 fps increase 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Timberwolf12937 said:

Looking forward to infinite Archwing! Are we also getting the auto-equip or do we still have to walk into them?

Yes, it was confirmed that mainline will be instant/auto-equip  🙂  

Edited by ShinTechG

10 minutes ago, clxrffdman said:

Wait so does this update have melee 3.0 or???

It does not. It was said that it is being held back for more polish

50 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Daily Tribute Overhaul!

This could use a separate small and quicker update. Meaning if I'm about to hit an important Milestone day for the new Daily Tribute but unimportant in the current one then what I'm supposed to do? Refrain from logging to avoid that milestone happening while still with the current Daily Tribute in place because this will have a sub optimal result which I'm sure I'm going to regret once the new system gets released?

Always on the New Daily tribute, I was a bit put off after reading the thread of its presentation by its  lack of any catch up mechanic. I know It sounds stupid, but I was probably MR22 with 900ish hrs when I've quit, just after the introduction of the Daily Tribute, now I've started to play again and I'm on day 138 maybe and all those hours I've played before still account for naught.

It would be nice for all people which missed some daily login if there was some mechanic to catch up, like complete a set of daily tasks which would allow us to catch up one of the missed days every day, or only during the weekends or whatever, just an honest catch up mechanic.

Edited by perfectStranger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When. Is. Melee. 3.0?

Why would I invest in any melee weapon when the whole system is changing soon for (hopefully) the better? The gameplay for Warframe is starting to feel stale to me. The guns lack impact and are outclassed by abilities or aoe weapons. Melee has felt stale with the same combos for years. 

Please do something to end this content drought or at least give us an idea of when to check in again...

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!

I see the Arbiters get the bum end of the deal and still won't get a unique quest line. Every other syndicate has one.

• Like 1

So where does Melee 3.0 fit into this year's timeline?  I don't know if I've missed something or what but it seems like we aren't talking about this anymore.

Chroma re-work...Are you thinking about doing one?  While I understand your arguments for his major nerf, that's where he was left-nerfed.  Lets re-work and leave on a positive note.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Melee weapons!

Hope the 2 handed nikana is among those new weapons 😝

• Like 2