[DE]Rebecca

The Meaning of Mainline: Next Update ETA!

Can we get refunded all the resources waisted on archwing summons? Because frankly I don't know why I need fish oil to summon a jetpack anyways

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

melee 3.0? I thought new weapon comes with melee 3.0. Come on

Will we see the Gram Prime's combo counter 100% fixed with this mainline? Because I really love the sword but having to get 900 hits to hit 3x combo (and 4x being 27,000 hits) is insane and super annoying.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

Barring any Hotfix emergencies, the next Update you receive on PC will be a MAINLINE!

If you don't know what Mainlines are, it's the type of update where we send out everything we've been working on that's accumulated that isn't related to a bigger picture feature. So while no Fortuna stuff is coming in this Mainline, you will be getting an diverse roster of content + QoL including:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!
- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!
- New Melee weapons!
- Daily Tribute Overhaul!
- A/B/C Configurations for Operator Customizations.
- + About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes.

We expect the earliest this will ship is next week and we'll keep you updated on that goal.

Cheers!

@[DE]Rebecca a few Prime Times ago you mentioned that REV was undergoing a second look at and have more changes/tweaks coming, is this still a thing or has the second batch of love been scrapped ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IVSnakeVI said:

Hope the 2 handed nikana is among those new weapons 😝

Unless they're surprising us by sneaking in melee 3.0, it won't be. Apparently the sentient odachi is heavily embedded in 3.0 so we won't be getting it until then.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!

I feel like you guys just keep making the whole syndicate enemy things seem increasingly silly and out of place by continually putting in content where half the playerbase will be closely working with a faction that hates them so much, the faction keeps trying to kill them with death squads.

I know it's just a mechanic to encourage trading with the "opposing" factions, but it feels REALLY at odds with what the actual state of the game's world presents itself as and how the syndicate leaders treat us.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 3

To be honest the spiral wheel seems like a nightmare to use if you aren't using a controller (which, if you're playing on PC why on earth would you?). Hopefully the time spent Soon™ing is being spent refining melee 3 so that it's not a clunky mess or makes half the current mods completely worthless. Because from what I've heard Range mods are already castrated in the new system and I'd hate to see the cascade of what I'm sure to be knee-jerk decisions coming there.

Are the light exposure-adjusted effects coming in this update? I would like to be able to tone down the Eidolon fighing visual effects without touching the detail level of the other effects

- + About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes.

We expect the earliest this will ship is next week and we'll keep you updated on that goal.

Cheers!

Any chance that among those 5 pages is a fix to the Dojo's Observatory's light box, making it match the size of the skybox? And if not can it get included in the mainline?

many of us participating in the dojo contest have run into the issue. It's been around for a while and Steve at one point said it would be fixed, I think many dev streams ago.

- New Melee weapons!

Assuming that majority of those are just different stats and looks at this point, it better be the Ghoul's buzzsaw weapon (timestamp):

DS#108:

- Slowed down on new melee weapons (including the Ghoul Chainsaw weapon) because we want to readdress the melee system as a whole. There has been a lot of discussion internally but we're not at the point to officially break ground on it just yet.

I wasn't a fan of Arcata idea, but then it was 'slowed down' too and eventually sent to trash can to free up time for bigger things to work on (just like we currently have so many concepts: Fortuna, The New War, Melee 3.0, Railjack, Kingpin etc.), so.... yeah. I hope it won't face infamous trash can or mediocrity of «good idea, poor execution» which tends to happen from time to time to so-called 'amazing' weapons.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Happy birthday Reb!!

Cautiously excited for Arbitrations even though I'm not a huge fan of endless missions.

- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!

Y     E     S     !

S

!

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis

Wait. What? The Forgotten Syndicate is getting content!?

We are on the verge of a New Truth ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

At least they have one of the best non-Tenno specters. Something that isn't called the Roller :clem:

Sigh... it's not even SM Regulator, or Shield Lancer, or Heavy. Why DE, why...

• Like 2

Kinda off topic, but its my birthday IRL on the 11th (wow, didn't even notice it until I checked the calendar to see possible dates for the update); a part of me doesn't want to wait till then, but on the other hand- having the update come out on my Birthday would be a return to form/Warframe for me, so I'll be shut in my room on my Birthday playing the one thing I've grown to love over the last 3 years :3  ❤️

Edit- speaking of Birthdays, happy Birthday Reb! 😄 

Edited by CorerMaximus

Finally some new content, i wish u guys in the furute rethink some modes like ESO. Conclave. Lunaro and so on, most of those modes need more rewards or a rework or something that make us come back there, and yes some fixes for them ... they got so much potential in them, go wild on them DE 😄.
lets hope this lack of content dont affect the game much and lets hope that fortuna will be a success.
 ty for your time.

48 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

We are on the verge of a New Truth ...

This really isn't even arbiters content, it's just elite alerts 

They just slapped the arbiters onto it to say they have content when someone says otherwise

This'll probably be the only Arbiters content we get

• Upvote 1