The Meaning of Mainline: Next Update ETA!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

Barring any Hotfix emergencies, the next Update you receive on PC will be a MAINLINE!

If you don't know what Mainlines are, it's the type of update where we send out everything we've been working on that's accumulated that isn't related to a bigger picture feature. So while no Fortuna stuff is coming in this Mainline, you will be getting an diverse roster of content + QoL including:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!
- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables!
- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots!
- New Melee weapons!
- Daily Tribute Overhaul!
- A/B/C Configurations for Operator Customizations.
- + About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes.

We expect the earliest this will ship is next week and we'll keep you updated on that goal.

Cheers!

Glad to hear about new content like Elite Alerts and a few new weapons! I do hope that Elite Alerts will be shipping with quality rewards as our various threads about the subject were worried; not having revives necessitates something better than a Conclave-esque cosmetic in my eyes. My clanmates will be delighted at the Tenno configurations as that is something they have been wanting since War Within made Tenno have more pressence and was cemented with Plain's and now the upcoming Fortuna's new options. Archwing no longer using charges is also a positive.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

Barring any Hotfix emergencies, the next Update you receive on PC will be a MAINLINE!

If you don't know what Mainlines are, it's the type of update where we send out everything we've been working on that's accumulated that isn't related to a bigger picture feature. So while no Fortuna stuff is coming in this Mainline, you will be getting an diverse roster of content + QoL including:

- Arbitrations: The Arbiters of Hexis have a challenge for you with some tricks up their sleeves - our codename 'Elite Alerts'! Single life, endless, with new rewards. Good luck, Tenno. A full feature write-up will come with the notes!
- New Melee weapons!

We expect the earliest this will ship is next week and we'll keep you updated on that goal.

Cheers!

- Infinite Archwing Usage - no more consumables! - AWWWW YISSSS

- Spiral Gear wheel - more than 12 slots! - So does that mean I can have a 13 Specter army if I want? Solo missions are going to get a whole lot more fun

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I have like 500 archwing charges and you make 50 each time you use the blueprint. Whyyyy the change?

I hope I get my ingredients back 😕

To be fair, they announced this change at least a month or two ago

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

+ About 5 more pages of Changes and Fixes.

oh wow, that sure sounds like a lot.

also, any news on the melee balance pass stat changes ? i think a dev workshop clearly stating that these are planned and not final would already give a pretty good idea what the intentions for each weapon are and allow feedback/opinions.

I'm really not liking some of the upcoming changes, but it seems mention of such doesn't really get any traction. I'm all for not basing things on what players say they want because it is often different than what is best or what they will really want, but the conplaints about the changes to the login rewards has been utterly ignored and I feel it only serves to chase off those of us who worked hard for items that honestly could have been better, but at the very least, we are still holding on to because, "Hey, primed sure footed to me 1k days of logging in to achieve, you know!

1000 days is a lot, and it feels like that we should matter, even if you don't have to put any effort into it other than logging in. Due to my illness, me logging in is a sign I really like a game because I could be just lying in a bed unmoving instead, bemoaning my lot in life or whatever my brain decides to dredge up to mess with me. I've missed as many days as I did going in and out of hospitais as it was, (as well as when I caught a super virus cold that resulted in a stomach infection that dropped me for about 2 or so month between the two.)

Also the melee 3.o changes sounded a lot like making weapons more homogenous and generic to me, which I don't like at all. It just gives me less reason to use different weapons for different things. "Oh this weapon is almost exactly that weapon, might as well throw the same build on it. /sigh"

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Will we be retaining gear hotkeys though? It's extremely convenient to be able to just hit a mouse button mapped to a commonly used gear item and have it deploy with zero downtime.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all!

- New Melee weapons!

Cheers!

Can we get an ETA/projected ETA on Melee 3.0? I suppose Soon will suffice, but I've been awaiting this with much anticipation. I understand the devteam is working on and polishing on various content as the dream of Warframe is realized and continually refined, but I'm really looking forward to this. This mainline update comes in just as I got my new pc, great! Thanks again for all that you guys do!

Well, exceptional work on this and I'm intrigued about this incoming content!

Though I hope you don't take it personally if I keep my hype in check. 🙂 I look forward from more work from you, and more interactions with us, DE.

Archived