Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE continue to devalue our achievements?

Atekron

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

They cannot take away your achievement, only the value you yourself put into the reward you have gotten from it.

I have no problems with exclusivity being removed.

12 minutes ago, Atekron said:

What if next time Baro will bring Meiming Strike for selling? How people that farm it for days will feel then?

14 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I have no problem if you get from event if they repeat it, this was reward for event and I would prefer if this stay as such. What if next time Baro will bring Meiming Strike for selling? How people that farm it for days will feel then?

Me, I would be fine with it.  I got to use it all this time in its pure OP power especially when melee went through objects.  If the rumors are true with melee 3.0, it might not even be worth putting on a weapon anymore.

33 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I do remember, it was fun, I was in first ten on leaderboards in our moon clan, and we win ignis wraith bluprint, good days...

I remember it now. Once I looked it up, that is. The point was it didn't leave that much of an impression on me that it stood out from all the other stuff I've done in WF.  

Our (very small) clan also got all the goodies: syandanas, IgnisW, the gold statue...all the bells and whistles. We had a good time doing it and it was a very good excuse to deploy Trinity Prime and demonstrate what she can really do. Even so, I couldn't recall what it exactly was until I looked it up. 

It simply isn't that big of a deal that Baro found a few syandanas that fell off the Lotus' space truck and passed them onto the tenno population at large. I just can't get that excited about it. 

3 hours ago, Atekron said:

On his 100th visit Baro bring Harkonar Wraith Cloak, reward for participating in Pacifism Defect event. It was not to hard get it, but..

Why not make new, Ki'teer style, reskin of this syandana, or even make new one? I would be okay if they repeat Pacifism Defect event. It just a little sad that this piece can no longer be tied to some memories and can be just bought like any other.

I don't get what you are saying.

Are you saying that the moment you saw the cloak being offered by Baro, you forgot how you had earned it originally? Well obviously not, because if you had forgotten, you would not be able to write about it here. So to the best of my deductive abilities, you are still perfectly capable of remembering how you obtained the cloak, and therefor it is still tied to your memories of the event. So nothing at all has been lost.

I remember that event. The rewards system was messed up.

Of the 8 members of my clan who were in game during the event, only 5 were actively contributing to our clan score, and only 1 got all of the cosmetics. We still scored highly enough in our bracket to receive the Ignis Wraith Research rights.

50 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I don't get what you are saying.

Are you saying that the moment you saw the cloak being offered by Baro, you forgot how you had earned it originally? Well obviously not, because if you had forgotten, you would not be able to write about it here. So to the best of my deductive abilities, you are still perfectly capable of remembering how you obtained the cloak, and therefor it is still tied to your memories of the event. So nothing at all has been lost.

no, i'm saying that this syandana was reward for participating in event, like a medal for example, and when everybody can buy this medal in a store now it's no longer a medal but a jewelry, is it more clear to you now?

Edited by Atekron

1 minute ago, Atekron said:

no, i'm saying that this syandana was reward for participating in event, like a medal for example, and when everybody can buy this medal in a store now it's no longer a medal but a jewelry, is it more to you now?

Well you can buy old war medals in many a pawn shop as well. On ebay too. I don't see how that devalues the actions and accomplishments of those who earned such medals in war. 

Leave it to DE in their phase of "everything for newbies, nothing for vets" during the generation of "no one can be special or a winner, everyone's special and gets a participation trophy" to spit on the veterans once again.

Seriously, it's just a cosmetic item, why can't those of us who slogged through one of the worst events in recent Warframe history at least keep that for ourselves? Weapons are more understandable in their return due to their tie to the mastery system, but cosmetic items should remain exclusive since they have no real effect on gameplay. Now I'm just hoping DE at least leaves the armor set exclusive so we don't end up with only the clans who managed to get the Ignis Wraith BP Dojo Research being the only ones with something exclusive to show they were there for the event.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well you can buy old war medals in many a pawn shop as well. On ebay too. I don't see how that devalues the actions and accomplishments of those who earned such medals in war. 

agree, thay can make it tradable, i'm ok with that, but not cheap a mass market product

Edited by Atekron

3 minutes ago, Atekron said:

you did not farm it for days, this set was easily obtainable, you farm for days for ignis wraith

I am literally quoting what you said, but regardless my opinion does not change. 

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

They cannot take away your achievement, only the value you yourself put into the reward you have gotten from it.

I have no problems with exclusivity being removed.

I can understand that when it's weapons, since they give mastery, but why make cosmetics not exclusive anymore? They're supposed to be rewards for people that worked to do something.

I bought it, but at the end of the day, I have to agree on this one.

I have no issues with exclusivity of Cosmetic items as a badge of "Yeah! I did that!" Weapons, items that bear MR or other usefulness, yes, but nothing wrong with a good old badge of pride.

I mean, there are worse things they could do, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I am voicing my mild disapproval.

i would like to apologize if what i am going to typecomes out rude and elitist,

i would have preferred if DE maintained cosmetic exclusive as exclusives ,

They have no game value , it is the exact reason they should stay exclusive!

I am seeing comments that " its a cosmetic whats the problem if its released again" heres what i have to say,

I did wave after wave of protecting brain damaged grineer (and although the syandana was only part of the reward if i remember right) it was time and effort (grueling , annoying and repetitive effort where the same brain dead grineer walked ever so slowly from c to a to ship) but we persevered to show the world that we did and we were given the syandana to wear proudly,

fast forward to now : What now? you can just buy it? so all those hours mean nothing? those stims mean nothing? i could have just not done it and still have gotten the exclusive reward? oh ... ok , guess its their game not much i can do gotta just accept it.... But i will show my disappointment in their attitude while i do accept it!

DE is becoming far too casual when it comes to rewards (the rift sigil too raised an uproar and that was damn hard to get originally),

Why re release existing cosmetics? but not release the actual event? if you know there is a content drought then just bring back some of teh olf fun events!

For cosmetics, what are the designers doing if they cant make one more original Item for a special event???!!! (the liset skin is nice though so not a total disappointment , the horn piece is ... i dunno i am out of rant to say anymore bad things)

But for the current discussion, that syandana is too fugly for me to consider in most of my fashion frames,

if anyone really wants to buy it and actually wear it they are free to do so.

If they had brought Edo Prime or one of the earlier Prime accessories , then i wouldnt be so grouchy.

I still don't get what's so special about that syandana, or exclusive items of any kind for that matter. Do players actually go to their cosmetic item lists and their chests swell with pride by looking at those? Moreover, when was the last time any of the current owners even used it? When was the last time anyone even saw another player wearing the thing? If not brought back in events like, for example, Baro's 100th, this syandana would have probably be lost and forgotten. Now a new generation of Tenno can enjoy it as well. If anyone needs a bunch of "exclusive" pixels to feel special in the game, that is actually sad...

Would bringing the old event back at this point in time would have been a better option? It's not like Warframe's events are difficult or anything...

All this whinging reminded me of when my two boys were toddlers and didn't want to share their Pokemon cards with each other.

On the one hand, they're cosmetics so I wouldn't feel right saying they need to come back like an exclusive weapon or whatever. On the other, they're just cosmetics and they allow more customization, I don't see why they have to be exclusive. I'd rather have everyone able to customize their frames as much as they want than have cosmetics that people wear just for achievement. If they're not wearing the exclusive cosmetic, then I don't see why it matters if others do. 

21 hours ago, Orblit said:

People used that Syandana?

Also, forgot that's what came from defection event...

I use it on occasion...... but I too forgot it came from the Defection event..... possibly because I've tried to mentally block that event from my memory :clem:

en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective
adjective: entitled
  1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

No idea why you're complaining about a rather budget accessory as a trophy of sorts when chances are you barely even use the dang thing.

The closest thing worth a dang from pacifism defect was ignis wraith, and that thing was made tradeable ages ago and you only got up in arms now over a ghetto looking harkonar alternative/ repaint? really?

Memories are just that, memories. No need to cling to it as if it's your sole reason of existence.

Whatever sentimental value you had from this "achievement" doesn't always reflect on others as well, case in point; I don't give a rat's arse bout the dang cloak being in baro's rotation. What I do take issue with however, is that this "special visit" of his was hyped up for 0 reason.

Edited by Tsardova