Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE continue to devalue our achievements?

Atekron

On 2018-10-05 at 3:33 PM, Kialandi said:

I agree. I'm against reintroducing COSMETIC rewards from events. Those items should stay exclusive to people who participated in the event.

But it's not their fault for those who want these cosmetics but weren't even aware that the game existed when it happened

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But it's not their fault for those who want these cosmetics but weren't even aware that the game existed when it happened

I suppose that you would like to see Founder's Access return as well.

It's like asking for movie to be played in cinema again because you couldn't go to see it when it aired.

or

"Oh, this online game was a thing before I was born? Can you guys reactivate it's server for me?" 

It's such a dumb reason. Time passes, deal with it.

46 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

It's like asking for movie to be played in cinema again because you couldn't go to see it when it aired.

The difference is that old movies can still be seen on the internet, even for free, so I won't complain about this, 'cause everyone can still see it; unlike cosmetics which newbies can't have

example, Targis prime armor came back after a long time right? Did it upset you that much that new players could buy it?

48 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

"Oh, this online game was a thing before I was born? Can you guys reactivate it's server for me?" 

It's such a dumb reason. Time passes, deal with it.

I don't know what you mean by "reactivate the servs", it doesn't really make any sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But that's not what I meant, just create a new event, or take an already existing & recurring one, & add the old cosmetics

First, new players will/can have old stuff for themselves; Second, if you don't want to do that event, then don't do it, everyone's happy

17 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

The difference is that old movies can still be seen on the internet, even for free, so I won't complain about this, 'cause everyone can still see it; unlike cosmetics which newbies can't have

example, Targis prime armor came back after a long time right? Did it upset you that much that new players could buy it?

It seems like you completely missed my point. You want something that was only available in the past to be available today. Forget the movie example, I will give you another one.

You want to watch the first NHL match ever. You can't. You missed it.

TBH I don't know why they reintroduced the Prime Accessories. Yes, I do not support that.

14 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I don't know what you mean by "reactivate the servs", it doesn't really make any sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, you don't know that old online games get shut down? For example Star Wars Galaxies, Runescape Classic etc. Sure there are emulators for private servers but it's not the same.

29 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But that's not what I meant, just create a new event, or take an already existing & recurring one, & add the old cosmetics

First, new players will/can have old stuff for themselves; Second, if you don't want to do that event, then don't do it, everyone's happy

But why add the old cosmetics? Can't they create new ones? Harkonar Wraith is just a simple re-texture of regular Harkonar Syandana. How difficult would it be to create Prisma Harkonar for example?

I have no problem with weapons being available again and again because you need them for mastery. I have an issue with cosmetics.

For example in WoW there are mounts that are retired. And no one really cares. However in Warframe everyone has to get everything.

31 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Sorry but I don't know what it means, I'm not English, thus, I don't really know your "events", if I can call it that :/

TBH I don't know why they reintroduced the Prime Accessories. Yes, I do not support that.

I just don't get why you're so upset about it, it's not gonna change your life you know

Oh, you don't know that old online games get shut down? For example Star Wars Galaxies, Runescape Classic etc. Sure there are emulators for private servers but it's not the same.

Oh ok, no I didn't think about this :p

But why add the old cosmetics? Can't they create new ones? Harkonar Wraith is just a simple re-texture of regular Harkonar Syandana. How difficult would it be to create Prisma Harkonar for example?

I didn't say the opposite, but it won't hurt anyone to add old ones, like from time to time

& if it's the fact that you did the event to get the cosmetics, as a reward, you worked for it, then it shouldn't be a problem if a new event comes out, they will work for it too in the end

For example in WoW there are mounts that are retired. And no one really cares. However in Warframe everyone has to get everything.

Well you know, fashionframe is endgame, if you see someone that looks awesome, maybe you'd like to copy/take notes from them, (you know what I mean), if an equipment that they have is not available anymore, people are gonna be sad about it, btw I don't play wow so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

Cosmetic items are the only thing I don't mind being locked behind an event and giving it out if they repeat the event and so on or just making a baro variant of it so people can have something similar. With the weapons I'm fine with it since it's tied to mastery and all and that's what I don't want to see people locked out from.

4 hours ago, Kialandi said:

Personally, I would. I also don't mind it not coming back, since there's nothing important(as in completely game-changing) and it honors people who put money into a game that probably didn't deserve it yet. Even then, somebody with too much cash and not enough smarts might not "deserve" such an "honor". I sure as heck wouldn't, I blow money on all sorts of stuff. Someone who genuinely wanted to support the Devs and see the game flourish, they'd "deserve" the "honor".

2 hours ago, Kialandi said:

That's literally impossible. Although this is why people record things. There are ways to let people see things they missed. It's why movies play in theaters multiple times, it's why reruns on TV exist, etc. And you can bet every single thing you own on the fact that if it were actually possible to allow people to experience the first NHL match ever in person, they would. Time travel would be unfathomably popular if it existed.

Plays exist. People still do Shakespeare and Charles $&*^ens and what have you. People pay money to see these things, I've seen A Christmas Carol at least three times in school alone, you bet I paid to see it live. People want to experience things that others did in the past, and that's completely possible to some degree, in a lot of cases.

2 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Sorry but I don't know what it means, I'm not English, thus, I don't really know your "events", if I can call it that :/

Well you know, fashionframe is endgame, if you see someone that looks awesome, maybe you'd like to copy/take notes from them, (you know what I mean), if an equipment that they have is not available anymore, people are gonna be sad about it, btw I don't play wow so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's the world's most famous hockey league. It started back in 1917. I thought that everybody who plays Warframe knows that since DE are Canadians.

Yes, exactly! Fashionframe is endgame. And as always DE is taking that endgame away from old-timers (even though Harkonar Wraith is just a year and a half old).

At this point all we have left are sigils (that are usually half hidden behind chest armor or syandana) and emblems (that are barely noticeable, except Tethra's Doom Quantum Emblem).

11 hours ago, Kialandi said:

It's the world's most famous hockey league. It started back in 1917. I thought that everybody who plays Warframe knows that since DE are Canadians.

Yes, exactly! Fashionframe is endgame. And as always DE is taking that endgame away from old-timers (even though Harkonar Wraith is just a year and a half old).

At this point all we have left are sigils (that are usually half hidden behind chest armor or syandana) and emblems (that are barely noticeable, except Tethra's Doom Quantum Emblem).

btw, you said something a bit contradictory, you said you didn't want the founder pack to be back, yet you said old weapons can return because we need them for mastery :p

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

btw, you said something a bit contradictory, you said you didn't want the founder pack to be back, yet you said old weapons can return because we need them for mastery :p

Funnily enough if i remember correctly DE removed affinity from the founder weapons in order to bury some drama.

18 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

And that's this games wonderful community at work.

It's almost like it's the polar opposite to what people proclaim it to be.

17 hours ago, Kialandi said:

Those two are very different and also makes me wonder what backwater town you live in.

Founder's Access is just what it is, access to a founders program. Events or the items behind them have no such restrictions since they are content pieces that were never said to be exclusive. And this is something that happens over and over with items in the game.

And regarding movies/cinemas, this is the part that makes me wonder what backwater town you live in. These things happen frequently especially with huge old movies like the original aswell as the prequal SW trilogies. This has also happened with other popular movies. Terminator, Predator, Alien(s) and Evil Dead (the original) are movies that have or will be shown on cinemas in even a small country such as Sweden. It is very common and it is often due to cinema clubs or individuals asking for them to be aired again.

Your hockey comparison is also faulty. You can very likely still find old radio recording regarding those matches, so you can experience them just as people did at the time, there is a chance that there is even old black and white soundless motion pictures of said games, much like the recordings from the first world war. So they can be experienced again through so called journal recordings. It isnt uncommon things like those are shown on the TV for one reason or another. Wouldnt surpise me if there was a radio or TV station that aired that game in one shape or another during the anniversary year of the NHL.

lol i like how ppl complain about event exclusive stuff being reintroduced... without knowing how much stuff was event exclusives when it first came out... all dual status mods, 120% IPS mods, detron/brakk and all weaith/vandel weapons just to name a few...

i got a emblem thats event exclusinve (unless i miss that it was reintroduced (the Tethra's Doom Quantum imo still the coolest emblem))

and i wouldnt mind if it came back... alltho i do agree that having baro just sell it seems like a slap in the face...

1 hour ago, LupisV0lk said:

Funnily enough if i remember correctly DE removed affinity from the founder weapons in order to bury some drama.

Well, you have your answer :p

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Nope. They still give affinity.

On 2018-10-05 at 5:20 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

There isn't. I won't deny it...but they could bring back those events for those who missed it...and for new founded clans to get the Ignis bp for example.

It's not that they bring back the rewards...it's how they bring them back!

And lets see about Acolyte event....I missed the very first one and will NEVER get my scans on misery

Or all the missed ClanTech points new clans miss out because they can't research all stuff before the armistice

Or the clan event statues that also provide clan points. Don't forget those! 

Hey OP, just get used to Vets getting shafted. Theres no point even running events if you are aiming for rewards. 
Remember that tedious ambulans fights for Supra vandal? Nope, you could just buy it for ducats a couple months later. 

As some people mentioned, i'm fine with bringing event "exclusive" weapons back, but darn cosmetics? I see those as "token" of you sticking around for so long. 

But to be honest that does not even surprise me. Does anyone even remember how they lied to us with their "exclusive items" when they introduced Excal proto armor skin? Advertised as "Your only chance to have one! Buy now! Exclusive skin! " Now look at deluxe skins..

Edited by Tacritan

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Those two are very different and also makes me wonder what backwater town you live in.

Founder's Access is just what it is, access to a founders program. Events or the items behind them have no such restrictions since they are content pieces that were never said to be exclusive. And this is something that happens over and over with items in the game.

And regarding movies/cinemas, this is the part that makes me wonder what backwater town you live in. These things happen frequently especially with huge old movies like the original aswell as the prequal SW trilogies. This has also happened with other popular movies. Terminator, Predator, Alien(s) and Evil Dead (the original) are movies that have or will be shown on cinemas in even a small country such as Sweden. It is very common and it is often due to cinema clubs or individuals asking for them to be aired again.

Your hockey comparison is also faulty. You can very likely still find old radio recording regarding those matches, so you can experience them just as people did at the time, there is a chance that there is even old black and white soundless motion pictures of said games, much like the recordings from the first world war. So they can be experienced again through so called journal recordings. It isnt uncommon things like those are shown on the TV for one reason or another. Wouldnt surpise me if there was a radio or TV station that aired that game in one shape or another during the anniversary year of the NHL.

All three of you took my examples a bit too literally and completely missed my point.

11 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

We are talking about 12k mastery. It is not that significant.  Event weapons would be worth over 66k mastery.