Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE continue to devalue our achievements?

Atekron

7 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You still can't deny that the firsts to get to MR30 will be the founders

There would be no Warframe today (i.e. no MR30) without the Founders. I won't be mad if they are the first players to reach MR30.

Edited by Kialandi

Rift Sigil shouldn't have returned that was a mistake by DE.

I understand bringing back cosmetic items, they are desired by people who couldn't obtain them at the time but if you're going to bring back a very hard to acquire item at least make it equally hard if not harder to obtain. 

This game continues to become more casual with each subsequent update, raids completely torn down and there replacement?? Some Sentients that occur at a certain time and people effortlessly complete.

People only running minimum times/waves on survival and defence. 

These exanples may not be the best but overall DE just continues to steamline gameplay.

so i'm seeing a bunch of people whine about an in game item that was reintroduced as some attack on earlier players? 

seriously is older players that entitled... 

unless DE said " this item is never coming back ever"  I don't see why this is an issue at all..

fyi. A LOT of games reintroduce old items back into the game. i can't think of a single game on top of my head that has never repeated an event and/or a chance to obtain an item from said event.

Edited by Makunogo

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And what would that point be? Examples tend to be accurate to show something, which yours werent. All of them are pretty common things IRL.

Below is the post to which I reacted.

On 2018-10-06 at 5:57 PM, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But it's not their fault for those who want these cosmetics but weren't even aware that the game existed when it happened

What I took from that post: "People didn't know that the game even existed back then but they should have a chance to get those cosmetic items."

So if I didn't know about something it gives me the right to participate in it? Hence my examples.

I missed a movie in cinema? I should be able to see it. Couldn't play an online game before it was shut down? I should be able to play it. I wasn't born when the first NHL match happened? I should be able to see it somehow.

If I gave an example from stone-age you guys would probably say that it is drawn on some wall in a cave...

41 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Below is the post to which I reacted.

What I took from that post: "People didn't know that the game even existed back then but they should have a chance to get those cosmetic items."

So if I didn't know about something it gives me the right to participate in it? Hence my examples.

I missed a movie in cinema? I should be able to see it. Couldn't play an online game before it was shut down? I should be able to play it. I wasn't born when the first NHL match happened? I should be able to see it somehow.

If I gave an example from stone-age you guys would probably say that it is drawn on some wall in a cave...

No one is asking to take part in it though, it is just a simple item. Nothing that has been said to be exclusive.

And all the things you bring up (even when it comes to the online game) is possible for people, that is why I dont find your point. You can experience all those things just the same now as you did then. The only thing that isnt possible is going and seeing that first game in the flesh, which the majority of the world never did anyway. You can still experience all those things later on as they are reintroduced.

And a stone-age thing isnt really comparable, since the stone age wasnt a product as such.

edit: And if you say it is impossible with games that have been closed down I'd like you to look at WaR, SWG and Hellgate as three fine examples.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Discussion kinda loses it's point when you ignore my posts.

On 2018-10-06 at 10:04 PM, Kialandi said:

Oh, you don't know that old online games get shut down? For example Star Wars Galaxies, Runescape Classic etc. Sure there are emulators for private servers but it's not the same.

3 hours ago, Kialandi said:

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

No one is asking to take part in it though, it is just a simple item. Nothing that has been said to be exclusive.

Clan Trophies, Sigils and Emblems were also never said to be exclusive. Should you get them as well? 

6 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Clan Trophies, Sigils and Emblems were also never said to be exclusive. Should you get them as well? 

That all depends if it was tied to a leaderboard or not. If not, then buying them from Baro would be an option. If yes, then no, unless the event comes back for a new round of leaderboard competition so you have to "win" them.

Since you havent payed for the exclusivity of something and just take it for granted due to entitlement it isnt DE's fault, it is yours and yours alone for creating promises in your mind that were never there in the first place. Everything gameplay related has a possibility of coming back in one shape or another.

Do you find it wrong aswell that Baro sells becons because it wasnt the original intent of Zan, G3 and Budget Vader?

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If yes, then no,

I don't know why this part made me laugh so hard XD Out of context it is hilarious 😜

but anyway, I agree with you, if the events are back with their leaderboard, then yeah, the Clan Trophies, Sigils & Emblems should be back too; but I don't think they should be able to be bought from Baro, if someone wants it, then they have to work for it

On 2018-10-05 at 9:23 AM, Atekron said:

On his 100th visit Baro bring Harkonar Wraith Cloak, reward for participating in Pacifism Defect event. It was not to hard get it, but..

Why not make new, Ki'teer style, reskin of this syandana, or even make new one? I would be okay if they repeat Pacifism Defect event. It just a little sad that this piece can no longer be tied to some memories and can be just bought like any other.

Clan operations dont usually return (besides the dreaded plague star...,) been months since pacifism defect, all the while, we've seen raids taken out, content droughts, so the veterans or a big portion of people who were there for PD to get it have quit, meanwhile, hundreds and thousands of new people have arrived so how can they get it? That's probably why they did that, 100th visit definitely coulda been different but im sure DE thinks the amount of players that dont have it outnumber the amount of players who do, which from a casual standpoint (As we know DE getting more into a casual place) is unfair. Tbh i understand that 100th visit should be special , and for new players it was, as for vets idk lol  we'll never know

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

42 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

I mean, what really is the point to exclusivity anyways? Not to be argumentative, as I'm fine if it's with something that's not tangible, like a cosmetic.

I guess I just have never seen the point. Sure, its nice to have something someone else doesn't have, but you go too far and now you're just ruining experiences. Go too easy and it's just n ever enough, as we've seen in Warframe constantly.

It just feels like a pointless endeavor. I do like the idea of a timed exclusive though, at least for some cosmetics like the Harkonar Cloak. Stuff that you pay actual money for of course, like Prime Access, is obviously not okay to do this to.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

10 hours ago, Kialandi said:

There would be no Warframe today (i.e. no MR30) without the Founders. I won't be mad if they are the first players to reach MR30.

There would be no Warframe today if not for a million things, contributions for this game is an ongoing process, development and funding for Warframe didn't stop after founders and surely the game wouldn't have continued if nobody after founders came to support the project. I'm all for appreciating a successful startup but we need to stop shirking all other contributions in turn. 

Edited by Cubewano

3 hours ago, Escapements said:

translation : in one hand i dont give a 💩,  in the other i still dont give 💩 hello ?

just because they're cosmetics dose not mean its alright to devalue our time and dedication, they could made a unique sayanda altogether after all the false hype

train , but noooo

and let me make you taste your own medicine , why are you flexing on us with your prime armor bro ? I DEMAND EQUALITY ON FASHIONFRAME WHAAAAA

imagine if  DE make Limbo Prime Accessories purchasable for ducats from baro after hearing my crying

lets see how you like it .

First of all, I didn't get Limbo Prime's accessories. And equality on fashionframe? We'll get that when DE gives us the opportunity to buy the accessories again someday.

Secondly, you didn't read what I said. I said they're cosmetics, so I WOULD NOT FEEL OKAY WITH ASKING FOR THEM BACK from the event, as in making a thread saying "Give us these items DE, you have to!" I wouldn't do that.. But ON THE OTHER HAND, they're just cosmetics. The only value in them is looking good, sentiment is all in the player's head, and has no reason to disappear when other people have the same thing. I look at my Limbo, not Limbo Prime, my ugly and basic Limbo, and I think "My first main, I'm never selling him." Does that mean I don't want other people to have Limbo or Limbo Prime? No, that's selfish. Does the fact that other people have Limbo devalue him to me? Of course not, he was the first frame I really fell in love with!

At most, I think asking for the cosmetics to be just as hard(or easy) to get as when they first came around is okay.

On 2018-10-05 at 8:23 AM, Atekron said:

It was not to hard get it, but..

Then it's not an achievement that you should worry about the devaluing of.  Kind of like the complaints about login rewards.

Besides, we can freaking SHARE.  We're Tenno, we lift together.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

That all depends if it was tied to a leaderboard or not. If not, then buying them from Baro would be an option. If yes, then no, unless the event comes back for a new round of leaderboard competition so you have to "win" them.

The fact that you don't even know if they are tied to leaderboards or not makes me sad. Shows how important those leaderboards are.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I mean, what really is the point to exclusivity anyways? Not to be argumentative, as I'm fine if it's with something that's not tangible, like a cosmetic.

I guess I just have never seen the point. Sure, its nice to have something someone else doesn't have, but you go too far and now you're just ruining experiences. Go too easy and it's just n ever enough, as we've seen in Warframe constantly.

It just feels like a pointless endeavor, I guess.

Why do athletes (or anyone in any sport) get medals? It's just to show off - "I did that and this medal proves it."

Now that I think about it what is the point of sports anyway? 

35 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

There would be no Warframe today if not for a million things, contributions for this game is an ongoing process, development and funding for Warframe didn't stop after founders and surely the game wouldn't have continued if nobody after founders came to support the project. I'm all for appreciating a successful startup but we need to stop shirking all other contributions in turn. 

Founding members are always held in high regard. Why is Bill Gates so popular? Did he do everything himself or did he just lay a foundation for other people? No one is shrinking other contributions. It's just respect I guess.

2 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

The fact that you don't even know if they are tied to leaderboards or not makes me sad. Shows how important those leaderboards are.

Why do athletes (or anyone in any sport) get medals? It's just to show off - "I did that and this medal proves it."

Founding members are always held in high regard. Why is Bill Gates so popular? Did he do everything himself or did he just lay a foundation for other people? No one is shrinking other contributions. It's just respect I guess.

Indeed, leaderboards are kinda pointless when not balanced to begin with.

Athletes do their thing for the competition, same reason why PvPers PvP. And hopefully win in the end. And the reason for sports is the same as the reason for games, people enjoy it, some on amateur level and some at professional level. Same bickering goes on in both, amateurs acting like they are professionals that are somehow entitled to something trivial. It is worse when it comes down to PvE games "I beat up the defenseless A.I better than you!". 

4 hours ago, Kialandi said:

To be fair, most people in sports do it for the money, fame, fun, or everything in between. There's nothing exclusive about the medals they receive either, and world records typically don't last long.

That's a bit of an extreme example, but unlike a game, they get a tangible reward for their efforts (and said tangible reward isn't exclusive to them unless they pay for it, like Prime Access). It's not like they get that medal and now no one else can ever get it again. They may retire something pointless like a number, but that's about as far as it goes and as far as it should go when it comes to exclusivity in that specific field. 

Like I said, I'm all for exclusivity in certain aspects, but general exclusivity is bad and unhealthy for a game. Yet if done in a reasonable way, it's a pretty cool motivator and a nice way to make folks feel special. Something like Prime Access staying exclusive is completely fair, you paid for it. However, keeping something like a syandana from an event that's almost a year old now (if not older) out of a players reach is pretty unfair when it's something everyone can just get for free. The Login Reward changes are even following the same Timed Exclusivity rule when it comes to cosmetics, but are obviously making the time gap more extreme due to it being a Veteran show of status.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

48 minutes ago, Escapements said:

please use your brain cells dude , and give them

feedback that you're not okay with that .

I gave them feedback that I'm okay with it. Nothing much you can do about that, since you don't get to dictate what kind of feedback I, or others, give.

9 hours ago, Escapements said:

fair enough , we agree to disagree , but in fairness you didnt give any reason or facts to backup your ''i am okay with it'' feedback , i did .

Well I already backed it up.

It doesn't bother me one bit. I attach no significant value to anything I do in Warframe, or in any game. It's just a game. Nothing is earned or lost that really matters. 

I have bought lots of prime accessories. But honestly, it wouldn't bother me one tiny bit if DE decided to sell those for ducats, or hell, even gave them away free to new players. It wasn't like I paid a fortune for them, or they are something special that will one day become valuable. 

On 2018-10-05 at 3:33 PM, Kialandi said:

I agree. I'm against reintroducing COSMETIC rewards from events. Those items should stay exclusive to people who participated in the event.

Agreed.

Hell, when I was still young and fresh to this game I thought Ember Prime who was no longer obtainable was "ok, wow, this guy rocks, I'm both envious and in awe". Back then Ember Chassis was over 1000 plat on the market.

So I'd prefer if cosmetics for events stayed exclusive to those times past or events to signify participation or contribution of a player to some time.or event in this game, same as Raid Emblems I do not own or Trophies I would not be able to have if I made my own Dojo.

They show history and character.