Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extreme bans...

--.Zylux.nVbs.--

I have a friend that got banned from the game because she post a comment in a [DE]Rebecca forum post it was kinda a joke, but wasnt meant to be to disrespect, she is like that and now she is sad, and a lot of people play the game because of her, she did a ticket and they're taking more time to answer than usual, I supported the game because of her, she brings me back to play the game, me and her bought almost all the new prime access, we have around 5500+ hours and why someone will just ban her because a forum comment, without any warning or something that dont accept harsh jokes, If we didnt like the game, we never put our support to it, we really like the game, and now all the clan dont have the same feeling as it was with her, its kinda unfair to not even geting a warning or something said previously, please... Digital Extreme, we just want to support the game and keep playing,

This is some kind of not freedom comments? At least give us a explanation and If someone of DE staff got offended, she is so apologized in the ticket.

5 minutes ago, --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I-- said:

This is some kind of not freedom comments?.

As lame as it is in the way you describe it (I'm thinking maybe there's a little more to it) this is their own product. As large as it is they do not require to give you any 'freedoms'. I think even in the Eula it says they can ban your account for any reason (I could be 100% wrong on that). It sucks, but I think the only way to resolve is to wait for the help desks response.

Edited by Ker-Blammo

6 minutes ago, --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I-- said:

I have a friend that got banned from the game because she post a comment in a [DE]Rebecca forum post it was kinda a joke, but wasnt meant to be to disrespect, she is like that and now she is sad, and a lot of people play the game because of her, she did a ticket and they're taking more time to answer than usual, I supported the game because of her, she brings me back to play the game, me and her bought almost all the new prime access, we have around 5500+ hours and why someone will just ban her because a forum comment, without any warning or something that dont accept harsh jokes, If we didnt like the game, we never put our support to it, we really like the game, and now all the clan dont have the same feeling as it was with her, its kinda unfair to not even geting a warning or something said previously, please... Digital Extreme, we just want to support the game and keep playing,

This is some kind of not freedom comments? At least give us a explanation and If someone of DE staff got offended, she is so apologized in the ticket.

If your friend got banned in-game for saying something on the forums that in itself is an achievement because I've never heard any game that took in-game actions against an account because what was posted on the forums.

Are you sure it was because what she said on the forums?

Sorry, not sorry, your story doesn't check out and smells of b/s

4 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

If your friend got banned in-game for saying something on the forums that in itself is an achievement because I've never heard any game that took in-game actions against an account because what was posted on the forums.

Yeah that doesn't sound right.

You get forum bans for forum offences and game bans for chat / trade violations AFAIK.

Maybe OP is getting confused?

5 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Stuff like this happen pretty often.
If you get banned from ingame-chat, and you make a S#&$ty froum-thread about it, the ban can get extended.
And if you receive to many forum warnings, then you can get banned ingame aswell. They even tell you this, if you get too many warnings. That doesn't mean, they always do that. But if the stuff you did in the forum is bad enough, they can ban you from the game. It's their game. Why wouldn't they want to get rid of players that may be too toxic?
I agree, the story sounds strange, but it's not completely impossible to happen.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Stuff like this happen pretty often.
If you get banned from ingame-chat, and you make a S#&$ty froum-thread about it, the ban can get extended.
And if you receive to many forum warnings, then you can get banned ingame aswell. They even tell you this, if you get too many warnings. That doesn't mean, they always do that. But if the stuff you did in the forum is bad enough, they can ban you from the game. It's their game. Why wouldn't they want to get rid of players that may be too toxic?
I agree, the story sounds strange, but it's not completely impossible to happen.

Your example doesn't line up with what the OP claims happened. Either way, I've never heard of a case that someone got an in-game ban because of forum behaviour, just sounds too far-fetched. If it happens so often you able to present an example of it happening here?

The best option is that you don't comment on anywhere and be careful picking your words because you don't know the consequences if you do then you stay silent and not trying to offend any of the moderators or developers because they are human alike and they can be in a bad mood too which is not a reason itself to ban someone but often happens. If your friend just tried to joke maybe she does not prepared well about the consequences. 

Other than this I am not wish to be involved into this topic because not worth to ruin others mood. Support response worth to wait and if your friend did not that bad thing then may be she can be unbanned.

Edited by Szuna

4 hours ago, --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I-- said:

This is some kind of not freedom comments?

Yes there is freedom in comments....but that comes to an end when your comment looks and sounds like dev bashing, which there are forum rules explicitly against.

And considering that you labeled this a "Kinda joke" and a "harsh joke" then I'm willing to be that it looked a lot like dev bashing.
Especially with how hard it is to communicate humor and sarcasm through text since so much is lost in that medium.

And if your friend posted an insulting and harsh statement I seriously wonder how many people, who don't know this person at all, would take it as a joke and would instead take it as a serious comment.

Further saying something mean, insulting, and harsh and then coming back later with "Hey, chill, its just a joke!" doesn't really do anything to soften said comment.  It just rings as hollow as the people saying "Its just a prank!" after some mean prank as if that completely exonerates them and makes whatever they did completely forgivable and benign.

If you post a joke in text make sure that people understand that its a joke at the time of reading as its very hard to tell if a comment is meant in a light-hearted joking manner or as an attack on the person that is the subject.
Remember, tone and inflection are impossible to express through text like they can in voice, so assume that people are going to read your comments as serious unless there is something fairly obvious that gives it away.

No idea who is right or wrong here or if this is the full story, but personally, If I post on a forum saying that my cable provider company CEO is an a$$hat, I certainly don’t expect that they will cut my service off. I expect them to ignore me at best.

Hope that’s not what really happened here, because it sounds like a Vendetta and doesn’t look right neither for DE not to Rebecca as a professional.

Just my 2c

• Like 1

I am also not sure what is really happend there but any moderator or community manager doing some hard filtering and they tend to ignore players at best but they are also humans so they can feel about a joke or comment something and in text format the jokes not really goes well as Tsukinoki said. Rebecca is a Community manager ad ofter females filling these roles because the girls are somehow more patient and can sort better these communication roles but also not patient forever. If your friend said something what seems offensive and she was in that mood to see this as an attack then she have the option to ban peoples for it so as player you need to be careful what you say because the eula is harsh in many terms which is by a point is fine because it supposed to defend themself and their product however not always right or fair.

I think that was not meant to be a personal revenge but joking with moderators, community managers and devs is always a melting point so you can be banned with ease no matter how good person you are if your timing bad or just once say something which is not fit to the topic.

On 2018-10-05 at 4:24 PM, Joe_Barbarian said:

I once was a staff member fir a small game and the community was terrible.

The forums were a cesspool of salt and anger filled with insults.

Banning the offenders did not help as they just created a new account and continued insulting.

At some point we were so sick of it that we started handing out temporary ingame bans for repeat offenders (and we banned all the accounts on a certain IP). after that the forums were still terrible, but at least noone was openly insulting other players in the forum.

6 minutes ago, --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I-- said:

Nevermind, there is a lot of people geting banned by clearing cache, i thought she had a problem, but we checked deep, and she did some commands that got into the game files

Well then there's your answer, I'm pretty sure messing around with the game file itself warrants a ban, maybe even a perma-ban

@AtsiaWe were clearing cache of WINDOWS, and windows checked for corrupted files, also there was a update of WINDOWS that was deleting random files, and a lot of players was geting banned because of it....

Edit: I've now like 4 more friends that windows updates got them ban and we didnt know what the hell happened, until news of OS that was deleting random files....

Windows 10 - 1809 Update

Edited by --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I--

53 minutes ago, --I-.Zylux.nVbs.-I-- said:

Edit: I've now like 4 more friends that windows updates got them ban and we didnt know what the hell happened, until news of OS that was deleting random files....

Windows 10 - 1809 Update

You need to reach out to DE and explain that situation if you haven't already.

However, I'm a bit sceptical about the root cause you described, because if that was indeed caused by a windows update, it would have affected tons of users and we would have seen the outcry by now.