The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the "destroy 8 dargyns with a bow" riven challenge just not working for anyone else?

theonetastyweasel

Question

16 answers to this question

This may depend on where you're fighting them. I know Dargyns spawn in Kuva Fortress but apparently those are considered a different entity from the ones on the plains (and may not qualify for that riven).

Other possible issues might be that the riven itself has some weird stipulation that often gets overlooked (not just by you, many people, myself included, often miss one or two things) or the Dargyn was killed by an effect, enviroment, or some kind of buff that does not attribute it to the weapon as a kill (I know that killing someone under the effect of Molecular prime counts as a warframe kill when you're trying to level a weapon, so maybe something like that is in play?). If it's the former, then whatever the condition is might be resetting the counter before you get a chance to look at it.

As far as I know the Dread does count as a bow for the purposes of the riven.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Are you doing it on PoE? That place is buggy at when it comes to Rivens and dargyns, do the assault mission on Kuva fortress if you haven't already, it spawns 6 at the first objective if I remember correctly

Just now, MechaEmperor7000 said:

This may depend on where you're fighting them. I know Dargyns spawn in Kuva Fortress but apparently those are considered a different entity from the ones on the plains (and may not qualify for that riven).

Other possible issues might be that the riven itself has some weird stipulation that often gets overlooked (not just by you, many people, myself included, often miss one or two things) or the Dargyn was killed by an effect, enviroment, or some kind of buff that does not attribute it to the weapon as a kill (I know that killing someone under the effect of Molecular prime counts as a warframe kill when you're trying to level a weapon, so maybe something like that is in play?). If it's the former, then whatever the condition is might be resetting the counter before you get a chance to look at it.

I've been doing the plains. Thanks for the advice, I'll try kuva fortress!

6 minutes ago, theonetastyweasel said:

literally just killed 3 and the counter is not progressing, does the dread not count?

I was going to PM you in game and have you show me the riven and then talk with you about it some more from there, but says you're offline.

Also if you find that Kuva Fortress doesn't work, Dargyns on the plains only count as a "Dargyn kill" when it has a pilot in it and is airborne. It counts as a neutral turret if no enemy is in it (which can be the case if you snipe the pilot before killing the dargyn. This can happen if you use a sniper or anything with punch through and hit it from the back, the game registers the pilot as having died first, thus the Dargyn didn't count as a kill).

All in all, I personally hate the "kill x specific things" challenges because it's like reading a tax return on what qualifies as a kill and what doesn't. And a hell of a lot of things don't count.

Edited by MechaEmperor7000

19 minutes ago, MechaEmperor7000 said:

Also if you find that Kuva Fortress doesn't work, Dargyns on the plains only count as a "Dargyn kill" when it has a pilot in it and is airborne.

Yes, this is the real difficulty with this challenge. A lot of the time on the plains, you run into grounded Dargyns rather than flying ones. And if you do run into flying ones, they really like to strafe you, which makes them difficult to hit without CC or a bullet attractor. Therefore...

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

do the assault mission on Kuva fortress if you haven't already, it spawns 6 at the first objective if I remember correctly

This is what I ended up doing. The Dargyns that spawn there also just kind of float in place rather than strafing at you, making them dead easy to kill even without a projectile speed buff from Jet Stream or whatever. And I think that they just keep spawning as long as you stay near the door that you blow up, so you should be able to just farm as many as you need right there. (I got lucky, my Riven challenge was for only four of them.)

I tried the Kuva Fortress for the same challenge once but it didn't count for me for some reason. I ended up running around plains flinging arrows into the air screaming like jacksepticeye for about a half hour.

EDIT: it may have been node-dependent too. Again this game can be nitpicky on where or what counts for rivens.

Edited by MechaEmperor7000

I actually just did this challenge about 4 days ago. Day time only seems to be when they spawn; I shot my first two while on the ground and they didn't count. After that I just caused a ruckus at a Grineer encampment and waited for them the go airborne then one shot them with my Dread. Knocked it out pretty fast.

9 hours ago, theonetastyweasel said:

literally just killed 3 and the counter is not progressing, does the dread not count?

Are you killing them while they are parked on the ground? if yes then it won't count. You have to kill a flying one. And Dread is fine, I also use Dread for this challenge.

Go to PoE during day time, head left after exiting cetus gate towards the Geyser Pond, in that open field there is always 2 dragyns stays parked. get close and take aim on one, as soon as they take off release the arrow.

13 hours ago, MechaEmperor7000 said:

Dargyns on the plains only count as a "Dargyn kill" when it has a pilot in it and is airborne. 

There may be different hidden modifiers, but the other day, out of frustrating lack of pilots I tried going for the lone dargyns that spawn here and there. On the ground they didn't count, but getting them up in the air, jumping out of and destroying them mid air did count.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb MechaEmperor7000:

May be them dying from slash proccs, rather then the bow itself too. The dread is a slash status heavy weapon after all... reducting that factor may be worth a shot.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108