The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Hated Frames

TheScrubMain

9 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Except fast movement and parkour also helps by reducing enemy accuracy. Something a player won't learn if they think Iron Skin is all they need.

No they dont. This is a long ongoing myth what was never prooven by anybody.

In fact do you know what was prooven in the last years? The enemies use hivemind aim and tracking.

This means that it doesnt matter how fast you parkour in a room because as long as one of the mobs see you all other mobs around your room know and aim for your exact position. You can get sniped by a nullfier the milisecond you bulletjump throught a room because some lone prodman was watching you from behind.

32 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

No they dont. This is a long ongoing myth what was never prooven by anybody.

In fact do you know what was prooven in the last years? The enemies use hivemind aim and tracking.

This means that it doesnt matter how fast you parkour in a room because as long as one of the mobs see you all other mobs around your room know and aim for your exact position. You can get sniped by a nullfier the milisecond you bulletjump throught a room because some lone prodman was watching you from behind.

Not true at all. Especially nullifiers since the can easily miss you from doing movement like jumping since thier accuracy is not that good. If you are gunning the enemies down while running and bullet jumping the you would survive still even when you are playing Squisher Frames since enemy AI is not that good.

53 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You can get sniped by a nullfier the milisecond you bulletjump throught a room because some lone prodman was watching you from behind.

16 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Not true at all. Especially nullifiers since the can easily miss you from doing movement like jumping since thier accuracy is not that good. If you are gunning the enemies down while running and bullet jumping the you would survive still even when you are playing Squisher Frames since enemy AI is not that good.

Pretty sure...  In a devstream, gosh 2 years ago now,  they were answering mechanic questions. 

Something along the lines that they get increased accuracy when you aren't looking at them,  and nullifies have nearly hits and weapons. 

There was a video that came up a couple months ago of a Mott run,  solo Valkier got one shot,  bullet jumping as a nullifier walked in the room, the shots frame was less than a second. 

15 minutes ago, Squeekly said:

Pretty sure...  In a devstream, gosh 2 years ago now,  they were answering mechanic questions. 

Something along the lines that they get increased accuracy when you aren't looking at them,  and nullifies have nearly hits and weapons. 

There was a video that came up a couple months ago of a Mott run,  solo Valkier got one shot,  bullet jumping as a nullifier walked in the room, the shots frame was less than a second. 

Only enemy that One Shots my Health in my 64 Min Mot run was the Crewman but i was Melee only during that run so not Surprising. Nullifiers never one shots me even when i saw one when i bullet jump into a room and left right away since Hysteria deals with them from Outside to in. Those are 3x damaging enemies and the reason it was 64 because the Quick thinking in the build i was using was staggering me and got killed twice after not dying for 63 mins straight.

On 2018-10-08 at 8:14 PM, spirit_of_76 said:

no, I need to either take damage or get kill to maintain buffs (Oberon/Valk) for the team and they prevent that while also dying constantly due to overextending also volt is less of a problem as his nuke takes more time than a 1,4 combo spamming syran at sum Lv 75

But both of those classes are a waste in ESO unless you plan on running further than stage 8. And why would you wanna run beyond that? Without the nuking Saryns and Volts you wouldnt reach 8 even due to efficiency running out.

Pick frames fitting for the game mode, simple as that. Volt, Saryn, Enox, Mag, Rev, Sonarshee, Mesa, neutral Nova and Loki (non-augmented max ranged disarm) are already great options to make it smooth. So there are plenty of picks, plus support frames are overrated in there. If you want to play something supporting just pick Nova, Banshee or Loki. Loki probably being the best since he makes things come running, so every stage is like fighting infested, this also means no bang-bang, so no die-die.

@SneakyErvin I am not talking about ESO I am talking about the normal game specifically people that bring ESO builds to MOT not realizing that it is a +300% damage.  In ESO I don't complain and work as clean up for the syran and help spread spores and while not optimal Valk built for warcry with a zaw can still do a lot of work.  there are enough high-level enemies in eso that it is not a problem even in the lower levels I can still get kills.  I know that I can't get past wave 6 without a syran (I can get to wave 6 solo) but when pubbing I almost always get the most damage after whatever nuke we are running and often have a syran (bonus if they have growing power)

Edited by spirit_of_76

On 2018-10-08 at 5:00 AM, (PS4)nating51 said:

We can obviously debate for hours on which is the most performant frame around or what's the most annoying one or the most boring...

...but Atlas continues to be the UGLIEST for sure, to me. He deserves a decent rework, decent skins. Oh, and a neck 😄 

Atlas Graxx is awesome. He looks like he beat someone to death with his bare hands with the evidence splattered forehead to crotch when colored right.  Or ghostly death.  Or both.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

7 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

My Oberon and Valk do 

I’d like to see your builds so as to better squad-synergize.  What’s the main complaint for each?  Typically Discharge is a lockdown power for easier kills and survivability all around, especially high-Armor Targets.

At any really meaningful level of gameplay, anyway.

I know Saryns will outperform me directly, but I don’t hate.  I support.

Lemme know how it kills your Valk/Brober builds.  I actually care about squad play.

Valk is built for war cry (my main ESO frame) that is the planned build current is similar but does not have transient and uses a partly ranked blind rage and secrets instead for about 90% attack speed and armor buff.  If I can I try to buff the syran (she has enough armor that it helps) and if possible the whole team.  My Oberon Is used in normal gameplay and is missing transient and heals for 60-70 with 350-400 armor planned build is 106 hp with 518 armor.  

unknown.png

also, both frames are masicist builds (this is their standard build type) and need to take a constant stream of damage Valk cares less but on the flip side wants kills.  she can't help you much but can clear out rooms (also she likes a mid-strength long duration speed buff) while Oberon is damage dependent he needs to take damage constantly he also is a better support with aoe cleans and soft cc as well as point cc and aoe knockdown + blind + armor strip+ rad proc 

Edited by spirit_of_76

9 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

See the answer of @Squeekly, the enemy accuracy is a long ongoing hivemind problem.

You can get the same result if you play with the grineer, they track you throught walls and with a rampart they are capatable of tearing you up as soon as you get visible.

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

they track you throught walls and with a rampart they are capatable of tearing you up as soon as you get visible.

What Grineer Missions you’ve being playing? I’ve done a lvl 200+ Survival run at Selkie in a Axi Fissure and ^^ is what i didn’t experienced there. Even if the Grineer got on the Rampart, i can just over it and slam attacked the grineer, kill him/her, and destroy the Rampart. Grineer’s LOS is not that different from me than Corpus except Grineer don’t have good eyesight range.

On 2018-10-08 at 1:02 PM, kgabor said:

It's always nice to have a Disarm Loki making a Defense mission easier and faster by making enemies easy targets going straight towards you instead of taking cover and hiding on the other side of the map, but the ID disarm slows down these missions so i wouldn't use it in Defense mode unless the difficulty of the mission would make it desirable.

We were talking specifically vs Infested and vs them - non augmented RD does only a stun, without providing two of the most critical augmented features - disabling protection auras from ancients for 9 seconds (thats 9 seconds without 90% DR on mobs) and diabling Caustic Eximus AoE attack or Toxin clouds from Venomous Eximii

2 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

What Grineer Missions you’ve being playing? I’ve done a lvl 200+ Survival run at Selkie in a Axi Fissure and ^^ is what i didn’t experienced there. Even if the Grineer got on the Rampart, i can just over it and slam attacked the grineer, kill him/her, and destroy the Rampart. Grineer’s LOS is not that different from me than Corpus except Grineer don’t have good eyesight range.

You can try it on Earth or literally any grineer mission.

It needs 2 things to reproduce it, one unit who has clear sight of you and one guy in the next room already inside a rampart. The hivemind design of the enemy makes sure that all units share the exact position of you in realtime what sometimes result is some awful killshots.

The only thing doing acrobatics manages is that the enemy attack animations take longer to finish but that doesnt matter if they are already aiming at you throught the wall.

11 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

@SneakyErvin I am not talking about ESO I am talking about the normal game specifically people that bring ESO builds to MOT not realizing that it is a +300% damage.  In ESO I don't complain and work as clean up for the syran and help spread spores and while not optimal Valk built for warcry with a zaw can still do a lot of work.  there are enough high-level enemies in eso that it is not a problem even in the lower levels I can still get kills.  I know that I can't get past wave 6 without a syran (I can get to wave 6 solo) but when pubbing I almost always get the most damage after whatever nuke we are running and often have a syran (bonus if they have growing power)

I can see the issue with Valk in other content if you try to keep up warcry with her augment. With Oberon I have zero problems keeping my energy going, I even run him without extra max energy, just efficiency, strength, vitality and armor. I can keep his #3 rolling non stop and use 1, 2 and 4 as the situation demands without relying on rage/adrenaline. The rage/adrenaline mod is mostly there for solo play, in group play energy orbs will be more than enough.

I do however not enjoy massive AoE builds in survival anyway, it spreads out the life support drops way too much, many times so far away that you cant see their icon.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

With Oberon I have zero problems keeping my energy going, I even run him without extra max energy, just efficiency, strength, vitality and armor. I can keep his #3 rolling non stop and use 1, 2 and 4 as the situation demands without relying on rage/adrenaline. The rage/adrenaline mod is mostly there for solo play, in group play energy orbs will be more than enough.

My Oberon is a tad low on power strength so I have a bit of an efficiency issue (the problem is best shown by a shadows necros) but because I heal the team at a lower rate If the team takes damage and I don't then I have no way to recover some of the energy spent healing my squad.  If I had more strength then it would not be as much of a problem.  

Others playing:

Frost - when it is not needed, for example hydron. it actually makes the mission longer, when you cant shoot inside/past the bubble.

Limbo - the wrong build used is an annoying way just makes you quit and usually extends the mission more than it should.

Khora - im actually sad that she got a godly augment now, because i was fine with khora not being used at all due to how annoying her 4th ability is.

Nova - slow nova in easy missions, fast nova in difficult missions

Zephyr - similary to khora, it is quite annoying having enemies dangle all over the place.

Playing the frames:

Valkyr - i like melee in this game a lot and im looking forward to the melee 3.0. However, i feel like im gimping myself every time i use her 4th ability. quite a shame, augment is quite fun. all of her abilities are quite fun.

Mirage - one steroid, 2 abilities that arent that great and a weird 4th ability. meh.

Chroma - i played a lot of chroma, but that was when his abilities were a bit different and i was content with just being buff and dealing more damage. now id wish his power would be shifted to his 1st and 4th abilities. or well... who am i kidding - his entire kit has to be remade entirely.

Revenant - fairly strong defensive ability aaaaand... nothing else really. DE, its been awhile since you released an interesting warframe. come on.

Khora - the only ability i like is her 1st and thats just ye smashing a button hundreds of times. not exactly interactive gameplay.

Limbo - the way his roll works is more annoying than not.

Nova - i dont know what it is, but i have never liked her. i can understand her usefulness in a team, but there is just nothing cool when playing as her.

Edited by fartloud