Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tartarus and Titans (New Game Mode and Bosses)

RavingRoman

I want to propose some kind of idea for a dynamic kind of game mode DE can manage maybe bi-monthly or seasonally. This is a concept in progress, so let me know what you think:

Concept: Tartarus and Titans

Before the Orokin created the Warframes, they wanted to use gold and porcelain machines powered by their bright trees (Could be refer to as Yggdrasil).

Titans would be these porcelain and gold decorated machines that emulate different deities and beasts. They possess unique abilities and animations and guard specific Orokin towers or temples within the deepest regions of the Void, where the Sentients cannot reach.

59a7165d722a22000f88e000_full.jpg

( Credit to original artist. Got the picture here: http://talkchain.com/Ryse-Mechanical-Angel-Zoruenaga-scifi-fa/59a7165d722a22000f88e000 )

concept_robo_by_armandeo64-d57tx0k.jpg

(Credit to armandeo64 on DeviantArt)

mechanical_beast___commission_by_aurelgw

[ Credit to AurelGweillys on Deviant Art ]

Note: I know these pictures do not fit the warframe-orokin aesthetic. So bare with me on that one. I'll trust DE can put their own twists to monsters like serpents, griffins, chimeras, and so forth

Lore-wise, when the Orokin learned the Sentients could possess advanced technology, they had no choice but to consign these machines to the void as a last line of defense.

Basically this would replace the raids since this can be swapped. (Hopefully with new titans each time)

The venue can be various arena depending on the temple chosen, but each Titan will be different and using different kinds of abilities.

Orokin_Space.png

(Credit to original artist: Cannot find your name, sorry)

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-orokin-moon-stru

zeljko-duvnjak-warframe-orokin-poolsofas

(Credit to Zeljko Duvnjak, Concept Artist in ArtStation)

Depending on what type of monster/beast/deity, the Titan's can be either destroyed via unleashing all manner of fire on them, or at their weak-points, destroy them one part at a time, or fulfilling environmental mechanics. Mix and match.

Tartarus will be meant to be a unique place for veterans or the young crazy tenno as the Titans are meant to harken back to the old boss battles in the past, telegraphed movements that are quick and powerful enough to one-shot any non-tanking frame.

bossfight_metalgearsolid.jpg

Rewards can vary as the following:
- Cosmetics unique to the titan's aesthetic (Can be skins, armor, syandana's auxillary, operator items)
- Unique weapons
- Trophies of the Titans 
- Titles to be displayed with your name in warframe.
(Visible titles can be an additional item type for collectors, and maybe enemies can "mention" them too like they do with our names, and clan names)

Access Mechanic

- The temple can only be accessed a specific number of times in 24 hours whether the players complete it or not. This gives a sense players need to do it right since they have a limited number of tries.

Heard an interesting thought from my friend Vonzy that additional, yet very hard objectives will yield additional rewards. Can be a lot of Kuva, Endo, or a Riven. 

But they would be hard objectives alongside with risking your ability to beat Tartarus

Examples:

- Complete level in set time

- Defeat the Titan with over 95% health remaining

- Only use melee 

If you have any thoughts, if you want to help build Tartarus with me, or you have any comments; please share them below.

Edited by RavingRoman

Add side objectives and scaling rewards! Let's say you go on a mission, you will be given 5 side objectives to complete along with killing the titan. Not only will you receive the reward for killing a titan, but you'll also have added rewards per side objective completed. It could be 10 rivens to 50k kuva to 100k endo and so on. An example would be "Kill the Titan with more than 95% health", "Use only primary/secondary/melee to kill the titan", "No warframe abilities" and so on. That way we get the rewards for our efforts in completing all the side objectives. This adds more tension to the game and wilm make players more alert when completing Tartarus is mode. Oh, and the side objectives apply to all players. If one of your squadmates goes bellow 95% health, you automatically fail that specific side objective. 

1 minute ago, vonmark12 said:

Add side objectives and scaling rewards! Let's say you go on a mission, you will be given 5 side objectives to complete along with killing the titan. Not only will you receive the reward for killing a titan, but you'll also have added rewards per side objective completed. It could be 10 rivens to 50k kuva to 100k endo and so on. An example would be "Kill the Titan with more than 95% health", "Use only primary/secondary/melee to kill the titan", "No warframe abilities" and so on. That way we get the rewards for our efforts in completing all the side objectives. This adds more tension to the game and wilm make players more alert when completing Tartarus is mode. Oh, and the side objectives apply to all players. If one of your squadmates goes bellow 95% health, you automatically fail that specific side objective. 

Yes, definitely. That should be there too

There should be a text in the mission node though "Public squad is ill-advised"

What's this, an actual good content idea that could add another layer over sorties for a neat challenge that would give me a reason to have this stupidly strong rubico? 

Yeah I'll take it, gimme.

Real feedback though: I can see that it would take a bunch of lore-work on DE's side still, but the general concept of big titan-size bosses similar to eidolons but that aren't time-gated is a great concept. I definitely would want to see the ultra-challenge versions be a side-option though, and it wouldn't be that hard to split the content up the same way raids had normal and nightmare versions. The other nice thing about this mission versus raids is that it wouldn't have as many crazy room mechanics and would basically just be a contained fight, meaning less of the awful raid-style bugs.

17 minutes ago, Fluffysbeans said:

What's this, an actual good content idea that could add another layer over sorties for a neat challenge that would give me a reason to have this stupidly strong rubico? 

Yeah I'll take it, gimme.

Real feedback though: I can see that it would take a bunch of lore-work on DE's side still, but the general concept of big titan-size bosses similar to eidolons but that aren't time-gated is a great concept. I definitely would want to see the ultra-challenge versions be a side-option though, and it wouldn't be that hard to split the content up the same way raids had normal and nightmare versions. The other nice thing about this mission versus raids is that it wouldn't have as many crazy room mechanics and would basically just be a contained fight, meaning less of the awful raid-style bugs.

Straight to a hard-fight battle. That's what I love most. To be honest, the hardest part about raids was not the bosses... but the room mechanics themselves... and I personally do not like that.

10 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

Straight to a hard-fight battle. That's what I love most. To be honest, the hardest part about raids was not the bosses... but the room mechanics themselves... and I personally do not like that.

They broke a rule with mmo raiding that other games adhere to: room mechanics relying on everyone having really good ping with the host and everyone's progress tied to it. It still hurts when I remember doing stage two of LoR with a 2 second delay with the host.

6 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

They broke a rule with mmo raiding that other games adhere to: room mechanics relying on everyone having really good ping with the host and everyone's progress tied to it. It still hurts when I remember doing stage two of LoR with a 2 second delay with the host.

There are better ways to do it too

- Defend a payload moving on it's own timing

- Use mounted guns to destroy locking objectives

- Dodging a minefield

- Falling floors

- etc

Edited by RavingRoman

5 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

- Dodging a minefield

You reminded me of something I need to submit. Thank you. It involves a guy that hasn't changed since the beginning of the game.

Edited by Teoarrk

Sounds really interesting, and I.would like to see this idea grow. Btw, the "bright tree" is part of the neural sentry.

Some ideas I got for you:

Lore wise, the area could be this MASSIVE orokin ship or outpost filled those mechanical creatures. Maybe it was taken over by sentients or hidden in the void to hide it from them and got corrupted or smthing. Maybe an ancient lab that activated its defense and turned maze like.

Also now that DE are gonna put aw weapons in game u can go crazy with the the weapon reward, like a whip-greatsword from a serpent boss or some sort energy ball launcher hand cannon and such.

I think i had one more thing to say but i forgot :P. Oh well, gl with the concept!

I don’t know if mythical beasts and Yggdrasil would fit with the war frame but larger creatures might work.

Spoiler

Similar to the golden maw encountered in the war within. I was a bit disappointed that the beasty didn’t make any more appearances after the war within quest line finished.

I think that the “lab on lockdown” idea might be the best option for it as it could tie into the story rather nicely. It could also offer more insight in the story if desired by having bits of lore sprinkled about.

23 hours ago, DR.Noooooo_B said:

Sounds really interesting, and I.would like to see this idea grow. Btw, the "bright tree" is part of the neural sentry.

Some ideas I got for you:

Lore wise, the area could be this MASSIVE orokin ship or outpost filled those mechanical creatures. Maybe it was taken over by sentients or hidden in the void to hide it from them and got corrupted or smthing. Maybe an ancient lab that activated its defense and turned maze like.

Also now that DE are gonna put aw weapons in game u can go crazy with the the weapon reward, like a whip-greatsword from a serpent boss or some sort energy ball launcher hand cannon and such.

I think i had one more thing to say but i forgot :P. Oh well, gl with the concept!

Being part of the neural sentry, it would make make sense that it can power and control these Titans in my opinion. And yes, AW weapons versus Titans would be insane.I was thinking the titans can be release automatically in response to Umbra becoming free. Could be more than ancient labs, but temples am hoping because what better place to put deities?

Thanks! I hope DE takes a look see.

22 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I don’t know if mythical beasts and Yggdrasil would fit with the war frame but larger creatures might work.

Hide contents

Similar to the golden maw encountered in the war within. I was a bit disappointed that the beasty didn’t make any more appearances after the war within quest line finished.

I think that the “lab on lockdown” idea might be the best option for it as it could tie into the story rather nicely. It could also offer more insight in the story if desired by having bits of lore sprinkled about.

Yggdrasil was my thought since those things look like trees. Mythical beast names is really what I picture the Orokin would do out of vanity. Vanity was supposedly their strongest feature... hence the crazy amount of gold everywhere. 

It would be interesting to have lore in devices similar to the Vitruvian. And hopefully that device continues being used. Can you imagine a trial where someone has to decipher a vitruvian lock, while the others ward off enemies that get 20 levels stronger every 30 seconds that pass where that lock isn't open yet?