Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug suggestions and opinions. *cooperation wanted*

(PSN)DarkWateR34-DTR-

This is the Second time making this post and i was alerted last time that this wiki exists and i had to fix my post because reddit post draft issues. Though it has good stuff i think DE would probably benefit from having the cooperation of all the community members giving them a big ol' list of things we keep talking about here and there but not all together in one big post.

All this stuff is still valid, im just trying to add to the conversation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/wiki/deplz

I usually just sit back and watch from the sidelines as DE releases what they/we want, broken or not, but there has to be some way we can come together to really discuss issues warframe has and get an ordered list of things we Forums and Redditors can Give to DE.

I'm always talking about it with my circle of friends but Life Of Rio's video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pw3ThyiwM ) finally made me want to say something and stop being one of the quiet people in the community that ultimately don't help anyone by keeping complaints to myself. Mogamu also made a video taking about it. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrRKsi8NcE ).

There are many things in this game that could seriously be overhauled or tweaked and I agree that now is the time we try our damnest to get as many people as possible together from the forums and reddit to have an organized list of things that we can vote on to be improved for warframe. All the different updates we've gotten this year means DE has the capability to fix and overhaul so many things like the forgotten mode lunaro, or pvp, or enemy spawns, host issues, warframe reworks and ability issues and so on.

I'll start by making a foundation of things i think should be talked about in a respectable manner for DE to really take a look at and for us to seriously discuss, critique, and offer creative solutions for and maybe your favorite frametuber will talk about it and give it more traction after we get our combined thoughts straight.

We can all make a change together if we lift together.

And If we stop being so rude to each other.

And if DE had a better method of testing updates before they came out would be great....

I'm on console, PS4, so all of my opinions are of course a little behind unfortunately and my experience is different being on console than PC.

If you have any suggestions or anything to add i can add them and credit you if its healthy for the conversation. Though im hopefully going to post this on the forums as well but if i dont then i dont.

List of Problems with Explanations and Suggestions:

1. Waypoint Misdirection and Recognition

Waypoint can be shortened to W.P.

Objective Marker can be shortened to O.M.

• - The Player Indication/Waypoint system is weird in general. Its fine for a place holder after all these years but an idea a friend told me is if the Player Indication Number Circles were colored with or without the numbers so its quicker to read, It's also beneficial for the Waypoint to continue reflecting that and maybe have its own special icon incorporating that players specific Glyph. Right now the Indication Numbers next to player name, and health are too small to read quickly and out of order from top to bottom almost every time. As far as i can tell the host isn't even number 1 all the time so figuring our who's who is a guessing game no one wants to play.

• - Space mom's and whoever else happens to be commanding us to go places during missions Objective Markers are very unorthodox in Guidance and Visual indication via its icon. Right now it works by setting it at the entrance/exit door of a tile in the map and not where you need to go specifically to navigate through some of the complex tiles inside of the set, But Because its apart of the HUD that makes it visible through everything on your screen. It can become confusing very quickly when your standing in a weird spot behind a glass window and the O.M. is telling you to go straight through it into space, Or Standing behind a solid ice wall on europa or pluto and the W.P. demands you /noclip your way through.

• - The current Objective Marker system could be overhauled to show you where to go inside a tile from a player with Line of Sight checks/Raycast checks to the main Objective Marker. An example would be maybe a smaller icon or Guiding line of some sort that helps lead you around to the important Point of Interest your trying to get to, This could also work for Waypoints as well, Considering those can be put absolutely anywhere it'll need specific tweaking to get just right. I know raycasts are our of date and aren't as good as other methods but i haven't studied game design in years so i dont know the new methods developers are coming up with. its just a good way to give my proposal an example.

2. Host connection stability issues/Host Migration issues.

I have no idea on how to fix this nor any suggestions because i don't know much about networking. Id wish we had servers instead of P2P but that's expensive. A way to not destroy a mission when the host disconnects would also be nice.

• - They don't seem to have changed what so ever since they said they tweaked them earlier this year after they first made it a little more stable.

3. Visual Overhaul

They're already working on this with the Jupiter remaster and the physics stuff is being added as well. Just more things like that make the worlds seem much more alive and not so static or plastic-like.

• - More Map/Planet changes to accompany the new parkour system like the Jupiter Remaster that's coming out this year.

• - More physics updates set pieces and items in the world don't seem so simulated and static. Glass railing that breaks and stays broken that doesn't just come back immediately and other small map geometry details like that. Dynamic snow and ice for places like Europa and Pluto with snow and ice tile sets. leaves that move on earth and dynamic sand for places like mars.

• - Interior ship Redesigns for each ship available would also be nice. just so when you change your ship it doesn't feel so...boring.

• - A symbol for which platform your on would also be really nice if we can get cross platform working for consoles only.

4. Cutscenes

It would be nice to have a cut scene or some kind of lore rewarding you and reminding you that lore in this game exists, is serious, and would just feel good to get when you work hard to complete a junction and don't get taxied everywhere.

• - They don't really exist after Vor's Prize but the way that was set up was pretty hype for first Mission of the game with its fleshed out Real-Time rendered scenes.

• - Planet specific lore after you finish a junction that makes unlocking them feel more impactful.

5. Boss Fights

I don't like the boss fights much. I only like the Jordas Golem Assassinate and Kela De Thaym because the both have good real-time cutscenes and lots of character personality. I forgot about resident angry boi Vay Heck Terra Frame, his personality is just delicious.

• - Underwhelming and having very little lore and gameplay value most times besides fodder to farm warframe or weapon parts.

• - Giving the Bosses more Personality, Explanation on their motives, and some kind of real-time cutscene that isnt the short beta intro they get.

• - The fights themselves are pretty ok, its just a matter of figuring out how to beat them. the drops for some of the fights on the other hand....

6. Arch-Wings

I think the POE way to control Arch-Wings is better than the current way to do it. It's at least better than the current space controls.

• - The control like big land masters from star fox, except in space.

• - It doesn't work well

• - Additive to the POE Arch-Wing controls, Dodging by double tapping boost and a way to automatically realign yourself with "the ground in space" seems like a good idea.

7. Events

I only know old events used to happen quite a bit from frametubers but i have no history of participating in them since i just started actually playing last year.

• - Old ones don't really exist anymore but they are working on bringing them back slowly like the Stalker acolytes

• - It would help add variety and reduce burn out on what they are already doing with the new events ;ike Plague Star and the Ghouls for Konzu.

8. Zenuka Project

I dont have anything to really contribute to this one besides it being kinda easy. there's no real risk involved.

Complex Issues:

1. End Game of warframe currently being worked on anyways but can still be discussed.

I'm not personally caught up on what Life of rio and DE has going for all these things but most things under this category have their own sub categories. For a better explanation and more details please visit his discord server.

https://discord.gg/vp6dtqZ

• - Enemy armor/health/level scaling. maybe include damage scaling of enemies and player abilities/weapons

• - Drop tables from missions, Item amount from rewards and RNG on dropped items from the tables.

• - Enemy variety would be nice but for me this is very low priority till we get other stuff fixed like scaling armor, damage, health, so on and so fourth.

• - Enemy A.I. Pathing and targeting improvements also wanted.

2. Warframe Reworks and Changes

This needs its own section basically. There's so much to this fire storm of a topic.

• - Specific warframes can be discussed but i don't know whats easier to list. The frames that don't need to be touched or the frames that need entire reworks. This doesn't even include the frames that need minor tweaks just to make them "complete" by community or DE standards.

3. Weapon Reworks and Changes

I don't have a Zaw let alone all the weapons but i have 183 weapons total.

• - Fortuna really opened the door to the smaller possibilities of status effects weapons could have that arnt the modded ones.

• - For example:

• Fortuna Kitguns - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kitgun

• POE Zaws - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Zaw

• Atomos/Amprex - Chains through enemys to damage more than 3 at a time

• Astilla - Shotgun that shoots exploding glass shards that do direct and AOE damage

• Caustacyst - Charge attacks leave a trail of corrosive sludge on the ground that deals damage to enemies over time

• Hystrix - Can choose between 4 elemental quills (essentially bullets) but they dont stack with elemental mods unfortunately

• Nukor - Literally microwaving the enemies and enemies hit with the beam start to swell up and explode when they die.

• Orvious - Says it can turn enemies into puppets but i have no idea how to do it and ive never done it.

4. Sanctuary Onslaught

To be honest, I don't play this mode much myself but getting past round 10 is usually a challenge even with 4 people.

• - Still lags when a lot is going on or when enemys spawn quickly.

• - Enemys' don't really spawn consistently

• - Important information on the left of the screen displaying the number of efficiency orbs collected and available at all times.

• - Efficiency balancing for enemy kills to number of players.

5. Operator...stuff?

I don't even have an amp besides default but im building parts for another one. tier two i think. most of my opinions are formed from videos like these.

https://youtu.be/pl99pYG9QXk

https://youtu.be/HhCAc55Yp50

https://youtu.be/EiKREdfPjak

• - Operator Amp damage isn't terrible anymore and farming for amp parts is fine.

• - We are getting more cosmetics soon and Configs for said cosmetics but i've has a friend tell me they want a little more from the customization menu itself like more configs for the operators physical attributes like face, hair, and skin color.

• - Amps could do with a revisit as well for some damage balancing.

6. Lunaro

WOO THIS IS A BIG OL' DOOZY. Lunaro is also basically an entirely new game using warframe assets.

• - Some kind of tutorial or indication on what does what for what and where? but i don't really play this mode because its pretty boring. it doesn't incorporate the parkour at all in the map design and the throw physics feel really unnatural. goal guarding and ball stealing is incredibly too easy and offense/defense doesn't really have separation nor clear bounds in almost any aspect. but again, i don't play this mode and i don't really care about sports in real life so there are many things i don't really see or understand myself, these are just my half uneducated opinions on the matter. I at least have a general idea of what a team sport should play like.

7. Conclave PvP and Dojo PVP

I don't have any further opinions. It is it's own game.

• - I don't play PvP but the few times i did it felt like its own entirely incomplete game, further behind than PVE warframe.

• - I don't even know about dojo PVP but isn't it normal warframes instead of the restricted PVP frames? that seems crazy with how quickly you could die.

8. Syncing major updates to all platforms

Yes this topic is more controversial and complicated than most things but it would be really nice to not have to avoid the internet for like 3 months till console gets the big update. updates in general for that matter.

• - Sony finally opened the door to crossplay for fortnite so there's a hope for every other game, including this one. Crossplay with Xbox and switch but not PC would be nice.

• - Updates synced would be great for console players but maybe not PC players since thats where all the content creators are. It could still work out if the content creators just got it at the same time as everyone else or a few days earlier, Though just having updates for everyone at the same time would be nice but i heard xbox doesn't get hotfixes like ps4 and pc.

Unfinished topics:

28 minutes ago, (PS4)DarkWateR34-DTR- said:

And if DE had a better method of testing updates before they came out would be great....

It's what the PC release functions as as why PC and consoles won't have the same release date or cross play. No matter what DE does, they cannot hope to match or come close to the ability of the entire PC player base to break things.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)DarkWateR34-DTR- said:

maybe your favorite frametuber will talk about it

Youtubers need less to do with the community, not more.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It's what the PC release functions as as why PC and consoles won't have the same release date or cross play. No matter what DE does, they cannot hope to match or come close to the ability of the entire PC player base to break things.

Youtubers need less to do with the community, not more.

i understand that about PC, thats more just wishful thinking, though i dont understand about the youtuber thing. they kinda drive warframe to where it is and where it can go because there are more people like me who never use forums.

Da real buggies:

1. Baro lag

2. Hacking a console in lockdown but it does nothing and you gotta abort.

3. Becoming suddenly invisible to yourself but not teammates and enemies.

4. Stuck in ground.

5. Stuck in ceiling.

6. The gates in plains of eidolon sometimes not recognizing your existence.

7. Network not responding.

8. An error occured.

9. Please wait. (forever)

Edited by Cephalycion

14 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Da real buggies:

1. Baro lag

2. Hacking a console in lockdown but it does nothing and you gotta abort.

3. Becoming suddenly invisible to yourself but not teammates and enemies.

4. Stuck in ground.

5. Stuck in ceiling.

6. The gates in plains of eidolon sometimes not recognizing your existence. 

7. Network not responding.

8. An error occured.

9. Please wait. (forever)

Number two was the only one ive encountered myself even after all the updates thats extremely annoying and deserves to be fixed.

Number six hasn't happened for me in a long time but along with the updates it may just be because i made my matchmaking ping limit 150. some people with bad ping ruin everything.

Network not responding usually only happens to me in my ship and i dont lose anything but i dont know why it happens either.