Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Setup | 2018 (IC)

Agent_Maine

14 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

Enoch analysed the code that Falon Rust had sent, before activating the Comms Link. "Authorization Code accepted, Mustang Gamma. Proceed to Landing Pad 037." He said, before moving onto the next signal. He sighed as he drank from his coffee again, before speaking.

"Alrighty, thanks lad..." Falon uttered, not expecting a reply from whoever sat at the opposite end of the radio. He was probably drowning in a requests to dock as Falon glanced at the increasing number of ships flying in. The man started to doubt his worth considering the amount of labour the Reaping Olympians had already recruited successfully.

Gripping the joystick, Falon moved slowly; the sleek Corpus ship hovered through the vacuum of space as it headed for the dojo, engines whirling as it did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship approached the dojo; the dock now visible as a hatch opened, receiving the man. He stared in awe as the ship remained in his steady control.

Tenno structure. Beautiful. Familiar. Home.

Or it was.

"37...37..." Falon murmured incessantly as he flew by many dormant airships that had landed.

"There you are."

Metal equipment started to operate audibly as the ship was inches away from the landing bay. What they did, what they were, Falon didn't care.

All he cared was that the ship kissed the floor safely.

Falon dusted himself.

"See you in a bit."

The hatch behind the pilot's seat opened; the dojo behind him now visible.

Falon Rust opened a crate; his prioritised weapons hibernating in there. His modified Buzlok rifle; he strapped across his shoulder. His powerful Rogga handgun; he holstered on his left thigh. His wrist guns, the killer buckled them on without hesitation.

He stashed his mask in his pockets; the black-haired man exited the craft in his dark maroon suit, breathing in the artificial air as his boots made contact with the ground beneath him.

Other ships started to fly in; a Tenno aircraft seemingly heading for the landing bay beside him. Perhaps he could start a conversation...?

Falon Rust ventured deeper into the dojo unsure, hoping to be guided through this beginning.

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310

5 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"Thank you for holding the door," Takar said, stepping on and pressing the button simply labeled '5'.

As the door closed, Takar turned to 'look' at the girl standing next to her. She seems slightly older than I, at least insomuch as physical appearance. I wonder what she did back in the old days, during the empire.

"I am Takar Lathra. What is your name?" Takar said, as she extended her open hand.

The elevator's other occupant glanced down at the offered hand, then shook it with her own. A certain rigidity in its grip, combined with the quiet whirring of servos (near inaudible to anyone without such acute hearing), revealed to Takar than the limb was artificial.

"Narakis Agni."

She tilted her head to one side.

"You see well for a blind woman."

13 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

Lysandra's concern only grew with each over-exaggerated blow the Adoring Fan made. She honestly wouldn't have been surprised to find a cone of blonde hair under that helmet of his.

Not to mention she wasn't even fighting with a stance. She was raining blows randomly, occasionally ripping a digital limb of and using it to shatter the virtual skull of some unfortunate Butcher. The fact that her onlooker was treating her as a more serious entity than she was was very worrying.

In fact, how the hell did he even get in here!?

"Riiiiiight..." She droned, shaking her arms off, standing up and making a hasty retreat out of the room and, hopefully, walking off in the opposite direction of the Fan. She didn't know where the viewing screen was. "I'm just...gonna go."

Fully absorbed in his own fantasies at this point, the excitable man hardly noticed as his newest object of admiration took her leave. When he was finally done executing a seventeen-blow Gaia's Vulcan Tragedy Remorse Echo combo to the absolute bewilderment of the duty janitor, he left for where the buffet was for a quick and well-deserved drink. As he went, he fingered a small notch by his helmet's jaw, which caused it to close back up around his face as a fully-formed and high-quality replica Dex Excalibur Helmet. Now resembling a very large Cetus child with their favourite Tenno mask worn over their simply grey clothes, the man slid into an empty seat and waved for a beverage-dispensing Osprey to attend to him.

12 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

As Monty stepped out of his Liset and onto Landing Pad 035, he would see that another landing craft was definitely landing next to him, on Landing Pad 034. There were also several other ships landing on the other landing pads - most likely belonging to others who had answered the Reaping Olympians' call for assistance and had come for some reason; whether it be for the money, adventure, or desire to fight the Corpus.

Monty stretched slightly as he watched the ships arriving. There were quite a few of them, he noted. More people had answered the call then he had initially realised. Not all the arriving ships, he noted, were Tenno. A few were craft belonging to other factions. Sara meowed and pressed against his leg, and he reached down idly to stroke her as he watched the ships coming in. A ship was just pulling up to the next door landing pad. He kept an eye on it, curious as to who would step forth.

13 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

"I read you, Deliverance," Enoch responded, analyzing the Call-Sign Lucas had said. "Authorization Code accepted. Please proceed to Landing Pad 036." Pressing another button, he switched to the next signal.

"Vector received, initialising visual overlay", Celeste stated as Lucas forwarded the vector and landing permission to the ship's navigation systems, the approach path shown on the canopy's holographic overlay. Easing the throttles forwards, he began his approach, taking notice of the other ships who had presumably gotten clearance file in behind him.

"Copy that, tower. Landing pad 036, plotting course and en-route. ETA 2 minutes."

The hydrogen-fuelled engines roared into life once more, propelling the Deliverance towards his designated landing pad. To be honest with himself, he was surprised to hear that a privately owned Dojo had the facilities to land a craft as big as his when he got the briefing and discussed the matter with his contact, with him usually having to request a rendezvous by another, smaller landing craft to allow him to enter the premises.

"Must be pretty well-off to be able to build a home station this big, then...", he thought to himself as he watched the distance close between him and the landing bay.

His thought were solidified as he got closer - this Dojo was just plain massive. Almost the size of a relay in it's own right, perhaps bigger. The flowing panels and lines instantly enforcing the tenno design principles it abides by. Dull white and greys all-round - a stark contrast to his black wedge he piloted. After a short while of gawking at the station, an alert popped up on screen, noticing him that the dojo's automated docking services were in range, but he declined that almost instantly, heeding a lesson learnt on his first landing of the craft at a relay.

Turns out that 1000+ year old tech isn't recognised properly by modern systems. Took a bit of explaining to Cressa Tal to tell her exactly why her supplies were scattered over the lower docks of the larundra relay.

"And THAT is a cleanup operation that I don't want to repeat. Not making that mistake again, thank you very much...."

By now, he was within visual range of the landing area, so he lowered his landing gear and lowered his speed to a reasonable level as he prepared to enter the gravity well of the pad itself. Even from a few clicks out, he could see ground-crew scurrying around, probably not used to this much activity at once. "Poor sods" he thought, "Probably haven't seen anything like this in their time working here, I'll bet". Letting loose a small chuckle, he prepared to cross the threshold of the landing deck, priming his vertical thrusters to take the load of the ship as it exited zero gravity.

Crossing the threshold of the atmospheric barriers, he felt the subtle rumble of the multitude of thrusters activating to keep him and his craft from plunging into the deck like an overweight lawn dart. the dock were laid out in a similar fashion to relays, so Lucas trundled along, referencing the numbers on the docks to see where he needed to go. Eventually finding his allocated space, he turned the ship in, keeping it level, and lining it up with the markings on both the pad itself and his indicator on his display. Slowly lowering himself by easing off the power on his verticals, the large craft slowly eased down onto the deck, landing with a dull thud as the hydraulics compensated for the inertia of the almost 200 ton craft. Seeing three in the green, Lucas shut off engines, lowered the reactor output, and proceeded to make his way back into the cabin of the Deliverance.

Exiting the cockpit, he made his way into the modest, yet serviceable crew compartment. One bed in the corner, a small kitchenette on the opposite end of the walkway, and a small workbench with equipment racks on the wall facing the nose of the craft. Turning to the left, he opened the cabinet that held most of his personal gear. Deciding against going full-kit to make a good impression, he chose to only grab a belt holding a polymer holster for his Lex. "Say what you will about modern magnetic holsters, nothing beats the reliability of a good ol' gun pouch." Happy that the holster wasn't going to fall off any time soon, he walked over to the workbench, where both his Lex and his Argonak were stashed. Grabbing the well worn pistol from the table, he gave it a once over - probably the millionth time it's seen one in the last year alone. Happy that everything was in order, he holstered it, the cool metal of the sidearm fitting snugly into the polymer cradle it was housed in. Not done there, he quickly grabbed his trusty combat knife and slit it into it's designated spot on the other side of the belt, and proceeded onward to the crew ramp.

Proceeding through another set of doors, he lowered the crew ramp, the stairwell lowering itself out of the middle of the craft, leaving a walkway around itself in case he needed to access the cargo bay. Once it was fully extended, he made his way down, looking around to assess the situation.

Edited by Locky122
punctuation setting off my gramma nazi-ness

21 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

As Sab watched the intro cinematic she caught the remarks of the nearby spandex enthusiast coupled with the glances Sanera sent her way (hard to avoid a gaze when she doesn't, you know, have actual eyes). Now Sab was not unknown, or even adverse, to glances sent her way (you just become numb to it at some point) and normally would have just chosen to ignore those that wrre so fixated on her, but this time Sab was bored.

And people take desperate measures when they're bored.

“It's a great way to pass the time.” Sab cocked her head in Sanera's direction, now “looking” straight at her. “Or did you expect me to just be sitting here meditating?”

Reveal hidden contents

As Sab spoke to Sanera the opening cinematic continued to play on her projection, and while nobody but her could hear what was said the following text was displayed at the bottom of the cutscene.

"Ruin has come to our family
You remember our family fortunes, vast and stable, our stocks gazing proudly from their stoic perch on the exchange. I spent all my years pursuing such high and stable profit margins, fattened by interests and repayments, and yet I began to tire from conventional investments, singular, unsettling tales said that on the edge of Pluto lay a vast station of unprecedented and lucrative opportunities. With shares and credits I bent every effort towards the procurement and return on these sought after plans, exhausting what remained of our liquid assets on swarthy Crewmen and sturdy proxies. At last, beneath the weakened light of the sun's farthest rays we completed that damnable station of unmonitored research. Our every step unsettled the weakened steel, but we were in a realm of death, and infestation. In the end I alone fled laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of worthless shares, until my loans failed me.

You remember our family fortunes, vast and stable... It's a bankrupted abomination! Please, I beg you, find the Fortuna, reclaim your birthright,  and deliver our family from the ravenous clutching debt...

Of the Darkest Derelict."

Sanera shrugged. "To be honest, yes. Most Tenno I see in places like this are all about 'meditation' and 'preparation for battle' instead of, you know, gaming." She answered rather casually. Looking around the buffet room, she noticed another Tenno nearby. Who seemed to fit her description perfectly.

20 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

The Warframe continued to sit in silence, Phi, his Cephalon, quiet. Even the Taxon had gone quiet. The Warframe meditates, breathing slowly and calmly, before standing slowly and stretching with a heavy sigh. He talks to the muted Cephalon to say one command. "Phi, play 'Mjolnir'." He says, letting the beat of the song flow through as Phi starts to play said song. He smiles to himself and chuckles quietly. "When Octavia is not around, use a Cephalon, someone told me..." He says to himself quietly, before leaving the room and quietly walking to wherever he felt like, which in this case ended up being the dining room, not because he was hungry, but simply wanting company.

Though meditating is a good thing, for him at least, being of the Unairu Focus School, he found it quite... disturbing the silence sometimes. He craved that friendship, but that was gone, now that he was here in the dojo, and not with the others out by Venus. He enters the dining room and sees many a person, races mixed as well, but what caught his eye was two figures, a Valkyr and a Red Veil Operative chatting to each other. He grabs some food and silently sits near them, staying at a distance that he would catch their attention, but not seem too close to seem like he wanted to talk straight away and interrupt them.

"You see? There's another quiet Tenno, right over there." Sanera said to Sab, motioning over towards Wilco.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

Fully absorbed in his own fantasies at this point, the excitable man hardly noticed as his newest object of admiration took her leave. When he was finally done executing a seventeen-blow Gaia's Vulcan Tragedy Remorse Echo combo to the absolute bewilderment of the duty janitor, he left for where the buffet was for a quick and well-deserved drink. As he went, he fingered a small notch by his helmet's jaw, which caused it to close back up around his face as a fully-formed and high-quality replica Dex Excalibur Helmet. Now resembling a very large Cetus child with their favourite Tenno mask worn over their simply grey clothes, the man slid into an empty seat and waved for a beverage-dispensing Osprey to attend to him.

A small beverage-dispensing Osprey floated over to him, turning its head. Any remnants of Corpus coloring was gone, with the Osprey being painted in the Reaping Olympians' colors. "What would you like to drink, sir? We have many high quality beverages for your consumption." The Osprey stated. They had obviously given it some basic form of AI in order to better communicate with customers.

"Krank's Wine appears to be one of the top ordered drinks by the customers here currently. It is highly recommended, if you are interested."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
22 hours ago, 404Cygni said:

"Operator. You can't be serious."

"I can and I am."

"But...They are unknown! This could be a trap! There could be hostiles in there!"

"...Unlikely. This is Tenno territory. And this frame, this mask..."

"Is wholely necessary, and you know it, Operator."

Sophocles' voice was slightly chiding. They knew they could afford this much leeway. They were an unusual pair; Most Tennos they  had seen either found their Cephalon annoying or downright wished to get right of them. Not Aria, however. These two had gotten to know each other during a truly rough time, and the Tenno latched at her AI. From there, their bound had grown steadily, from the assigned and the curiosity of a scientific mind finding something new and incredible to something else, odd and different but precious nonetheless. Sophocles was a minder when desire for science cut her from the world, and a voice of wisdom to an often down-to-earth scientist that had her bad moments. Aria was a guardian, mechanic, bringer of news and much more.

The Tenno sighed.

"Right now, i don't feel like hiding myself. This isn't a mission yet. I will take my blade, however. Deal?"

"...Deal."

There was reluctance, and trust in that voice.

As soon as the ship finished docking, the red-haired tenno moved out, her goggles on her eyes and her trusty Dakra by her belt, giving the Reaping Olympians' Dojo a good look. She hadn't been in a clan. Never considered it, really, social life just wasn't her thing. So this was the first time she saw a clan's headquarters from the inside. It seemed...Big. Bigger than she expected, to be honest.

13 hours ago, (PS4)qwerty1310 said:

"Alrighty, thanks lad..." Falon uttered, not expecting a reply from whoever sat at the opposite end of the radio. He was probably drowning in a requests to dock as Falon glanced at the increasing number of ships flying in. The man started to doubt his worth considering the amount of labour the Reaping Olympians had already recruited successfully.

Gripping the joystick, Falon moved slowly; the sleek Corpus ship hovered through the vacuum of space as it headed for the dojo, engines whirling as it did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship approached the dojo; the dock now visible as a hatch opened, receiving the man. He stared in awe as the ship remained in his steady control.

Tenno structure. Beautiful. Familiar. Home.

Or it was.

"37...37..." Falon murmured incessantly as he flew by many dormant airships that had landed.

"There you are."

Metal equipment started to operate audibly as the ship was inches away from the landing bay. What they did, what they were, Falon didn't care.

All he cared was that the ship kissed the floor safely.

Falon dusted himself.

"See you in a bit."

The hatch behind the pilot's seat opened; the dojo behind him now visible.

Falon Rust opened a crate; his prioritised weapons hibernating in there. His modified Buzlok rifle; he strapped across his shoulder. His powerful Rogga handgun; he holstered on his left thigh. His wrist guns, the killer buckled them on without hesitation.

He stashed his mask in his pockets; the black-haired man exited the craft in his dark maroon suit, breathing in the artificial air as his boots made contact with the ground beneath him.

Other ships started to fly in; a Tenno aircraft seemingly heading for the landing bay beside him. Perhaps he could start a conversation...?

Falon Rust ventured deeper into the dojo unsure, hoping to be guided through this beginning.

11 hours ago, Locky122 said:

"Vector received, initialising visual overlay", Celeste stated as Lucas forwarded the vector and landing permission to the ship's navigation systems, the approach path shown on the canopy's holographic overlay. Easing the throttles forwards, he began his approach, taking notice of the other ships who had presumably gotten clearance file in behind him.

"Copy that, tower. Landing pad 036, plotting course and en-route. ETA 2 minutes."

The hydrogen-fuelled engines roared into life once more, propelling the Deliverance towards his designated landing pad. To be honest with himself, he was surprised to hear that a privately owned Dojo had the facilities to land a craft as big as his when he got the briefing and discussed the matter with his contact, with him usually having to request a rendezvous by another, smaller landing craft to allow him to enter the premises.

"Must be pretty well-off to be able to build a home station this big, then...", he thought to himself as he watched the distance close between him and the landing bay.

His thought were solidified as he got closer - this Dojo was just plain massive. Almost the size of a relay in it's own right, perhaps bigger. The flowing panels and lines instantly enforcing the tenno design principles it abides by. Dull white and greys all-round - a stark contrast to his black wedge he piloted. After a short while of gawking at the station, an alert popped up on screen, noticing him that the dojo's automated docking services were in range, but he declined that almost instantly, heeding a lesson learnt on his first landing of the craft at a relay.

Turns out that 1000+ year old tech isn't recognised properly by modern systems. Took a bit of explaining to Cressa Tal to tell her exactly why her supplies were scattered over the lower docks of the larundra relay.

"And THAT is a cleanup operation that I don't want to repeat. Not making that mistake again, thank you very much...."

By now, he was within visual range of the landing area, so he lowered his landing gear and lowered his speed to a reasonable level as he prepared to enter the gravity well of the pad itself. Even from a few clicks out, he could see ground-crew scurrying around, probably not used to this much activity at once. "Poor sods" he thought, "Probably haven't seen anything like this in their time working here, I'll bet". Letting loose a small chuckle, he prepared to cross the threshold of the landing deck, priming his vertical thrusters to take the load of the ship as it exited zero gravity.

Crossing the threshold of the atmospheric barriers, he felt the subtle rumble of the multitude of thrusters activating to keep him and his craft from plunging into the deck like an overweight lawn dart. the dock were laid out in a similar fashion to relays, so Lucas trundled along, referencing the numbers on the docks to see where he needed to go. Eventually finding his allocated space, he turned the ship in, keeping it level, and lining it up with the markings on both the pad itself and his indicator on his display. Slowly lowering himself by easing off the power on his verticals, the large craft slowly easing itself down onto the deck, landing with a dull thud as the hydraulics compensated for the inertia of the almost 200 ton craft. Seeing three in the green, Lucas shut off engines, lowered the reactor output, and proceeded to make his way back into the cabin of the Deliverance.

Exiting the cockpit, he made his way into the modest, yet serviceable crew compartment. One bed in the corner, a small kitchenette on the opposite end of the walkway, and a small workbench with equipment racks on the wall facing the nose of the craft. Turning to the left, he opened the cabinet that held most of his personal gear. Deciding against going full-kit to make a good impression, he chose to only grab a belt holding a polymer holster for his Lex. "Say what you will about modern magnetic holsters, nothing beats the reliability of a good ol' gun pouch." Happy that the holster wasn't going to fall off any time soon, he walked over to the workbench, where both his Lex and his Argonak were stashed. Grabbing the well worn pistol from the table, he gave it a once over - probably the millionth time it's seen one in the last year alone. Happy that everything was in order, he holstered it, the cool metal of the sidearm fitting snugly into the polymer cradle it was housed in. Not done there, he quickly grabbed his trusty combat knife and slit it into it's designated spot on the other side of the belt, and proceeded onward to the crew ramp.

Proceeding through another set of doors, he lowered the crew ramp, the stairwell lowering itself out of the middle of the craft, leaving a walkway around itself in case he needed to access the cargo bay. Once it was fully extended, he made his way down, looking around to assess the situation.

They would all see several Tenno with the Glyph of the Reaping Olympians directing people towards the elevators - that was most likely where everyone who was invited had to go. "Everyone who has answered the invitation, take an elevator to Level 5." One Guard announced, motioning over towards the elevators with his Orthos.

Spoiler
On 2018-10-09 at 2:19 AM, MetroFallout said:

"Understood. Approaching now." said Farah before switching over to let her Cephalon, Al, take control of the lander. "Al, you have control?"

"Yes, I do. I will bring us down for a landing." came the calm reply from the male-sounding Cephalon. "Engaging docking protocols."

As the landing craft glided towards the indicated landing pad, she switched the music that was playing on her stereo to something a bit more appropriate for the landing. An extremely old piece of music composed eons ago, all that remains is the history of the piece was its name, unforgettable even if the name of the composer was lost to history... the Blue Danube Waltz.

"Never really gets old this." she thought to herself with a grin, adjusting her sunglasses using her thumb.

11 hours ago, Spikey844 said:

Monty stretched slightly as he watched the ships arriving. There were quite a few of them, he noted. More people had answered the call then he had initially realised. Not all the arriving ships, he noted, were Tenno. A few were craft belonging to other factions. Sara meowed and pressed against his leg, and he reached down idly to stroke her as he watched the ships coming in. A ship was just pulling up to the next door landing pad. He kept an eye on it, curious as to who would step forth.

Monty would indeed see that another peculiar ship was landing on Pad 034 - right next to him. Said ship contained Farah, alongside her Cephalon AI.

Edited by Agent_Maine
Thought that ArunaFeltz's character was named "Fully" because I'm an idiot.

33 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

They would all see several Tenno with the Glyph of the Reaping Olympians directing people towards the elevators - that was most likely where everyone who was invited had to go. "Everyone who has answered the invitation, take an elevator to Level 5." One Guard announced, motioning over towards the elevators with his Orthos.

Lucas turned to the source of the voice, then to where the guard was pointing. Yup, as stated - elevator that seemed to lead deeper into the bowels of the dojo. He noticed that he had arrived between two ships, their occupants already making their way out of their vessels to figure out what they signed up for. Lucas let loose a casual two-fingered salute to the Olympian tenno, and made his way towards the elevator as instructed.

Edited by Locky122

13 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

"Your Authorization Code is accepted, 'Cephalon Spec'. Landing Pad 038 is available." Enoch said. Glancing towards the list of incoming signals, he could see that there was one more. There's another one? Damn, I did not expect us to get this many people. I guess the promise of money really attracted a lot of people. He thought, taking a sip of his badly made - but ultimately tasty - coffee. He answered the final signal.

Perhaps Enoch would notice that no response comes through on the line. A second passes, then another, all while Vayan absentmindedly stares at her stopwatch, muttering the seconds as they pass by. Dispassionate eyes stare as the time passes before her eyes. Eight. Nine. Te- There it is.

“Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Liset-class landing craft Enlightenment approaching Landing Pad 038. Additionally, we would like to declare corrosive materials and biohazards, all safely contained.” 

The Cephalon pauses for a moment.

“Mostly safely contained,” she corrects, ending the line of communication before an answer could be given, prompting a “slightly” concerned look from Vayan.

It was another few seconds before the dull roar of the ship would reach its destination, hovering just above the pad as a ramp of steel gray unfolds down towards the ground, revealing the sight of a mismatched duo. A pairing of  a roughly 6’3 Nyx, along with an operator easily 6 ot 7 inches shorter… holding hands?

The odd duo stroll off onto the landing pad, looking around at the other ships, some Tenno, some not. It was… an odd sight, to say the least. For all that Vayan had experienced, this was her first experience with a clan dojo, having always worked alone.

“Did you ever think that we would see the Tenno letting other factions into their base like this, Nyx,” she speaks, sounding both like a statement and a question, as if she were both expecting a response from the frame, and not.

2 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

Sanera shrugged. "To be honest, yes. Most Tenno I see in places like this are all about 'meditation' and 'preparation for battle' instead of, you know, gaming." She answered rather casually. Looking around the buffet room, she noticed another Tenno nearby. Who seemed to fit her description perfectly.

"You see? There's another quiet Tenno, right over there." Sanera said to Sab, motioning over towards Wilco.

"The simple fact this dojo provided us with chairs instead of kneeling pads should show you we're at least a little more fun than that.” The Valkyr crossed her arms and leaned back in the chair, looking around the buffet area and noting all the people within it. “Last time I was at a place like this we'd caused a state of emergency exactly four times before the mission even started, and I'll have you know that I had absolutely nothing to do with two of them.”

Sab's gaze eventually rested on the Tenno that Sarena'd pointed out, but the Valkyr quickly dismissed him with a simple wave of the hand.

“Hey don't judge a book by its cover. For all you know that guy's an absolute party animal just waiting to drink someone under the table, instead of, you know, being boring.”

The Baset helm cocked back over to thr girl's direction. “Question, but many Tenno have you actually met, may I ask? Especially from outside your Syndicate. From what I gather, those that join the Anarchists tend to be the more serious types.”

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

1 hour ago, Locky122 said:

Lucas turned to the source of the voice, then to where the guard was pointing. Yup, as stated - elevator that seemed to lead deeper into the bowels of the dojo. He noticed that he had arrived between two ships, their occupants already making their way out of their vessels to figure out what they signed up for. Lucas let loose a casual two-fingered salute to the Olympian tenno, and made his way towards the elevator as instructed.

Falon noticed the duo landing beside him. A short girl with her Warframe. A Nyx, if Falon remembered correctly. One of those crazy mind-control...things. Landing Pad 38. Should he approach them? Was he even considering making friends here? Surely even the Tenno have heard of this infamous gunner.

Or not.

Falon's train of thoughts was derailed as he heard the guard motioning for the new arrivals to head for the elevator with his ornate weapon.

"Elevator...?"

Falon turned, the pilot who had landed his old, no, ancient, relic was heading for the elevator obediently, as anyone should. He marveled at the airship coated in black paint.

"Miracle he got that thing to work..."

Strolling forward, Falon took his time. What could the Reaping Olympians do? Launch his ass into space?

Yeah, they could.

The man kept his gloved hands in his pocket as he observed the infrastructure further. Carefully crafted pillars as high as Earth's mountains towered over the small human. Even the landing pads the man had alighted at had seemingly been built by a thousand gifted hands; ensuring nothing was out of place in this perfect building.

Reminiscence could be seen stirring within the man's eyes if one looked hard enough. 5 years. He was only gone for 5 years and so much had already changed.

"If the docks are already this interesting...surely Level 5 would be awesome," Falon muttered.

The Tenno who received the newcomers painfully bellowed his instructions once again.

Falon remembered, instructions had to be listened. Especially when they came from a murderous space ninja.

Not hesitating anymore, Falon headed for the elevator this time. He found himself standing next to the pilot of that interesting airship. Even the man himself was wearing clothing that was considered old for a young man like Falon. Curiosity forced the following words out of the man's throat as he gestured at the parked airship.

"That sh!t's ancient."

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310

Someone bearing a glyph (that of their host, if she remembered right?) pointed them all to the elevator. She made her way there, already feeling antsy. There had been a lot, and she did mean *a lot* of visible docked ships. Aria wasn't sure she had ever been in presence of so many people outside of relays. And considering that she went in those, dealt her business quick and went out as fast as possible...

Some people were already around, a strange and mismatched bunch. A human. A tenno and her Nyx, holding hands. Another human, bearing grineer weaponry...Wasn't he a known mercenary? Her memory of the details were sort of the fuzzy at the moment.

She smiled at the company and made her way to the elevator, waiting for an occasion to reach for the Dojo's bowels as instructed.

Edited by 404Cygni

5 hours ago, Askaris said:

The elevator's other occupant glanced down at the offered hand, then shook it with her own. A certain rigidity in its grip, combined with the quiet whirring of servos (near inaudible to anyone without such acute hearing), revealed to Takar than the limb was artificial.

"Narakis Agni."

She tilted her head to one side.

"You see well for a blind woman."

Nakaris Agni. I don't remember any one named that, but then again, I mostly dealt with Orokin, not other tenno. Takar smiled as she thought about the other tenno's words.

"Margulis told me that the Void didn't take away my sight, but replaced it with something better. Sometimes I agree with her. Other times I wish I had my old eyes back.

"We all lost something when the Void took us for its own. I think I'm fortunate that it didn't just blind me outright. It shows me the world around me, and even lets me see a bit of the minds of allies and weak-willed enemies. Not much, just an image here, an emotion there. In the heat of battle, it can strengthen, but at peaceful times like this, it just shows me living things and the meaning of objects.

"Like the button I pressed to send us to Floor 5. The Voidsight showed me its position, and what it meant. I know that the panel in front of me is a door, instead of a wall like the rest of this elevator, and I know that you are a tenno, and an ally. If I want to know more about something, I have to focus on it, just like if you were looking with your eyes.

"All together, it is a strange experience, but I have had a long time to get used to it. Besides, back during the Old War I never really needed sight. The Tower was my eyes, and it could see a lot farther than I ever could."

I hope I didn't talk to much. I know I shouldn't dominate conversations like this, but how does one concisely explain something like the Voidsight? Takar thought to herself as she concluded her explanation. Hopefully she isn't annoyed by it.

Narakis' expression didn't change as Takar spoke, her face a neutral mask. Her single eye stayed intently focused on the other girl, hardly blinking. As Takar finished speaking, Narakis raised an eyebrow.

"Transferring into a warframe is one thing; into a tower another. What kind? Resupply, orbital artillery, carrier?"

The elevator panel chimed as it reached level 5, the doors sliding open to reveal the banquet hall. Narakis began walking toward the buffet, surveying the other guests with the same detached intensity she'd subjected the denizens of the docks to.

Spoiler

Given her void sight, Takar may well have noticed that Narakis is absolutely saturated in void energy. Even more so than the norm for a child of the Zariman.

Edited by Askaris

2 hours ago, Askaris said:

Narakis' expression didn't change as Takar spoke, her face a neutral mask. Her single eye stayed intently focused on the other girl, hardly blinking. As Takar finished speaking, Narakis raised an eyebrow.

"Transferring into a warframe is one thing; into a tower another. What kind? Resupply, orbital artillery, carrier?"

The elevator panel chimed as it reached level 5, the doors sliding open to reveal the banquet hall. Narakis began walking toward the buffet, surveying the other guests with the same detached intensity she'd subjected the denizens of the docks to.

Reveal hidden contents

Given her void sight, Takar may well have noticed that Narakis is absolutely saturated in void energy. Even more so than the norm for a child of the Zariman.

She is positively wrapped in Void energy, yet she manages to not leak it into the environment. Interesting.

Oh, she asked a question. I should answer.

"I served as the guiding mind of an Orokin Tower dedicated to storing and cataloguing everything the Orokin Empire knew. Unfortunately, the tower was lost shortly after I awoke from cryosleep; I barely managed to escape with the Lotus's help. I still carry most of the tower's information with me, but it isn't very useful in the world we live in now. I know how the Orokin Empire operated. With the Empire gone, so is the use for most of my knowledge.

"So, unless we find some sort of ancient Orokin-Era artefact while on this mission, I doubt my old memories will be of much use. That's why I have been working on doing much the same with knowledge of this new world we live in, learning as much as I can and preserving the knowledge."

Takar 'looked' around the room, noticing a large number of allies, including many tenno.

I wonder just how many are going to show up. More allies is good, but too many and things will start to get complicated.

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

She is positively wrapped in Void energy, yet she manages to not leak it into the environment. Interesting.

Oh, she asked a question. I should answer.

"I served as the guiding mind of an Orokin Tower dedicated to storing and cataloguing everything the Orokin Empire knew. Unfortunately, the tower was lost shortly after I awoke from cryosleep; I barely managed to escape with the Lotus's help. I still carry most of the tower's information with me, but it isn't very useful in the world we live in now. I know how the Orokin Empire operated. With the Empire gone, so is the use for most of my knowledge.

"So, unless we find some sort of ancient Orokin-Era artefact while on this mission, I doubt my old memories will be of much use. That's why I have been working on doing much the same with knowledge of this new world we live in, learning as much as I can and preserving the knowledge."

Takar 'looked' around the room, noticing a large number of allies, including many tenno.

I wonder just how many are going to show up. More allies is good, but too many and things will start to get complicated.

"You're selling yourself short. The Orokin might be dead and buried, but the power players of today built their empires on their graves. An entire tower's worth of data is something they'd pay a king's ransom for, and if our hosts aren't lying about the payout for this job I'd wager it'll involve Old War salvage."  The ghost of a smile crossed her face. "Failing that, at least you've got a retirement plan."

Seemingly disinterested in the food on offer, Narakis continued walking to the nearest drinks Osprey, hovering by what appeared to be a man in an Excalibur costume. It was in the middle of advertising a particular variety of wine to the seated man, citing its popularity amongst the guests thus far. Her eye lingered on the bizarrely dressed individual for a moment before she snapped her fingers at the drone and asked, "How about spirits?"

Edited by Askaris

9 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

Perhaps Enoch would notice that no response comes through on the line. A second passes, then another, all while Vayan absentmindedly stares at her stopwatch, muttering the seconds as they pass by. Dispassionate eyes stare as the time passes before her eyes. Eight. Nine. Te- There it is.

“Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Liset-class landing craft Enlightenment approaching Landing Pad 038. Additionally, we would like to declare corrosive materials and biohazards, all safely contained.” 

The Cephalon pauses for a moment.

“Mostly safely contained,” she corrects, ending the line of communication before an answer could be given, prompting a “slightly” concerned look from Vayan.

It was another few seconds before the dull roar of the ship would reach its destination, hovering just above the pad as a ramp of steel gray unfolds down towards the ground, revealing the sight of a mismatched duo. A pairing of  a roughly 6’3 Nyx, along with an operator easily 6 ot 7 inches shorter… holding hands?

The odd duo stroll off onto the landing pad, looking around at the other ships, some Tenno, some not. It was… an odd sight, to say the least. For all that Vayan had experienced, this was her first experience with a clan dojo, having always worked alone.

“Did you ever think that we would see the Tenno letting other factions into their base like this, Nyx,” she speaks, sounding both like a statement and a question, as if she were both expecting a response from the frame, and not.

One Guard turned towards Vayan and her Nyx Warframe. "You there, take one of the elevators to Level 5. That is where everyone who was invited will be waiting until the mission briefing begins." He said, motioning over towards the elevators, where several other people had already headed towards.

8 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

"The simple fact this dojo provided us with chairs instead of kneeling pads should show you we're at least a little more fun than that.” The Valkyr crossed her arms and leaned back in the chair, looking around the buffet area and noting all the people within it. “Last time I was at a place like this we'd caused a state of emergency exactly four times before the mission even started, and I'll have you know that I had absolutely nothing to do with two of them.”

Sab's gaze eventually rested on the Tenno that Sarena'd pointed out, but the Valkyr quickly dismissed him with a simple wave of the hand.

“Hey don't judge a book by its cover. For all you know that guy's an absolute party animal just waiting to drink someone under the table, instead of, you know, being boring.”

The Baset helm cocked back over to thr girl's direction. “Question, but many Tenno have you actually met, may I ask? Especially from outside your Syndicate. From what I gather, those that join the Anarchists tend to be the more serious types.”

"Oh, I've met quite a few Tenno before. Once got forced into some kind of twisted mutual killing game with a couple of them down on Earth. The ones who join the Red Veil are definitely more serious, however." Sanera said. She glanced towards Sab, a confused expression on her face.

"Also, 'anarchists'? I don't recall the Red Veil ever proclaiming they desire anarchy. The main goal of the Veil is to get rid of the current factions in power, i.e. the Grineer and Corpus, in order to start the main society of the Origin System anew."

Edited by Agent_Maine

Wilco raises his head when he overheard the two talking about him and had to resist a chuckle. He felt like not saying anything, but instead looks at the Valkyr and says one thing. "Party Animal? Try that one guy that's the awkward one at a party. I like friends, but not parties." He lets out a laugh and then returns to silence, saying another command to his Cephalon before nodding his head slowly to the beat of the new song playing.

54 minutes ago, Askaris said:

"You're selling yourself short. The Orokin might be dead and buried, but the power players of today built their empires on their graves. An entire tower's worth of data is something they'd pay a king's ransom for, and if our hosts aren't lying about the payout for this job I'd wager it'll involve Old War salvage."  The ghost of a smile crossed her face. "Failing that, at least you've got a retirement plan."

Seemingly disinterested in the food on offer, Narakis continued walking to the nearest drinks Osprey, hovering by what appeared to be a man in an Excalibur costume. It was in the middle of advertising a particular variety of wine to the seated man, citing its popularity amongst the guests thus far. Her eye lingered on the bizarrely dressed individual for a moment before she snapped her fingers at the drone and asked, "How about spirits?"

The drone turned its small head over towards Narakis, while keeping its eyes on the man who just ordered from it before. "We have a large list of spirits for your consumption, sir. All from across the system." It said, projecting a holographic list in front of Narakis.

Lysandra sighed as she entered the buffet room. As her adrenaline rush wore off she realized that she was hungry, thirsty and more than a little bit tired and sore in places. Still it was good exercise to-

"Oh hell." She muttered, immediately noticing the Adoring Fan sitting at the other end of the room. She quickly brought up the map of the Dojo to see if there was somewhere else with food or drink, and all she got was a water fountain in the hangar-slash-cargo bay. Which, fortunately, was on the opposite end of the station from the dining room. One immediate and more than hasty retreat later (plus some minutes) she was in the cargo bay, beelining for a drinking fountain located close to the door.

13 hours ago, (PS4)qwerty1310 said:

Falon noticed the duo landing beside him. A short girl with her Warframe. A Nyx, if Falon remembered correctly. One of those crazy mind-control...things. Landing Pad 38. Should he approach them? Was he even considering making friends here? Surely even the Tenno have heard of this infamous gunner.

Or not.

Falon's train of thoughts was derailed as he heard the guard motioning for the new arrivals to head for the elevator with his ornate weapon.

"Elevator...?"

Falon turned, the pilot who had landed his old, no, ancient, relic was heading for the elevator obediently, as anyone should. He marveled at the airship coated in black paint.

"Miracle he got that thing to work..."

Strolling forward, Falon took his time. What could the Reaping Olympians do? Launch his ass into space?

Yeah, they could.

The man kept his gloved hands in his pocket as he observed the infrastructure further. Carefully crafted pillars as high as Earth's mountains towered over the small human. Even the landing pads the man had alighted at had seemingly been built by a thousand gifted hands; ensuring nothing was out of place in this perfect building.

Reminiscence could be seen stirring within the man's eyes if one looked hard enough. 5 years. He was only gone for 5 years and so much had already changed.

"If the docks are already this interesting...surely Level 5 would be awesome," Falon muttered.

The Tenno who received the newcomers painfully bellowed his instructions once again.

Falon remembered, instructions had to be listened. Especially when they came from a murderous space ninja.

Not hesitating anymore, Falon headed for the elevator this time. He found himself standing next to the pilot of that interesting airship. Even the man himself was wearing clothing that was considered old for a young man like Falon. Curiosity forced the following words out of the man's throat as he gestured at the parked airship.

"That sh!t's ancient."

Lucas turned to the newcomer, giving him a quick once-over as he faced him. 

"Jeez, talk about full kit - must either be paranoid or just thought it'd be convenient to have everything ready from the get-go", he pondered as he faced him fully. After a short while, he realized that he had yet to answer his statement about his ship, kicking himself for getting lost in his observations. 

"Hmm? Oh, that thing? Yeah, guess you could say that. It's pre orokin as far as anyone knows - stole it to escape from a corpus research facility I was contracted to sabotage about 3 years back. Takes a bit of getting used to - weight distribution is not what you'd expect if you're used to a modern ship, and those engines take a while to get to full power, so it can sneak up on you if you aren't careful. But it's built like a tank, reliable as all hell, low heat signiture, and since it doesn't use the void for FTL travel, or rely on rails, I can drop in anywhere in the system without setting off all but the most advanced sensors. So yeah it might be old, but like a prime weapon, it's still got a lot going for it."

After his little nerd out about his ship, he then noticed Falon's vessel, somehow recognizing the silhouette. 

"Actually, I think your ship isn't too much younger, if the corpus databases were correct. Must've had more extensive retrofits though - noticed that you still have a conventional FTL drive stashed in there..." 

Suddenly realizing that he hadn't introduced himself, he offered a handshake to the stranger. 

"Dammit, forgot to introduce myself - Lucas Edwards. Might have heard of me in your travels. I prefer not to make big impressions, but with my track record, it's hard not to get some sort of attention for your work." 

Edited by Locky122

5 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

"Oh, I've met quite a few Tenno before. Once got forced into some kind of twisted mutual killing game with a couple of them down on Earth. The ones who join the Red Veil are definitely more serious, however." Sanera said. She glanced towards Sab, a confused expression on her face.

"Also, 'anarchists'? I don't recall the Red Veil ever proclaiming they desire anarchy. The main goal of the Veil is to get rid of the current factions in power, i.e. the Grineer and Corpus, in order to start the main society of the Origin System anew."

5 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco raises his head when he overheard the two talking about him and had to resist a chuckle. He felt like not saying anything, but instead looks at the Valkyr and says one thing. "Party Animal? Try that one guy that's the awkward one at a party. I like friends, but not parties." He lets out a laugh and then returns to silence, saying another command to his Cephalon before nodding his head slowly to the beat of the new song playing.

Sab elicited a chuckle at mention of the death match. There's a reason she thought Red Veil were the most fun of the Syndicates. “Well let me just ask you this then, what do you think makes more sense for a Valkyr, known for their anger and bloodlust, to do?” Her voice wasn't patronizing nor aggressive, simply that of a friend holding casual conversation. “Sit quietly in a zen garden contemplating all the meanings of 42, or exorcise their fury by obliterating people in a virtual game of Techball?” 

“And you don't desire anarchy, it's just a side effect.” The Valkyr stayed leaned back in her chair as she spoke, arms casually crossed as she did. “What do you think's gonna happen when you shatter the two major power players and leave a bunch of little shards in their wake? Everyone's not suddenly gonna learn how to get along with each other. I might not remember anything, but from what I've heard the years directly following the Orokin's fall weren't exactly a fun time.” 

Sab took a crisp from her bowl and flicked it over at her Carrier at the other end of the room, who was currently attempting  to scam people by trying to sell commodities that should have been offered freely. “With such a major power vacuum in place you should be scared that the Infested and Sentients don't just come in and eat everyone.”

The Valkyr flicked another crisp before glancing back at Wilco. “You should go to one of the colonies, throw a party there, you’ll be surprised at how much mortals will tend to fawn over you.” Sab's head turned back to the table, grabbing a third crisp and rolling it around in her fingers. “Wouldn't surprise me if there's someone like that in this very room.”

24 minutes ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

Sab elicited a chuckle at mention of the death match. There's a reason she thought Red Veil were the most fun of the Syndicates. “Well let me just ask you this then, what do you think makes more sense for a Valkyr, known for their anger and bloodlust, to do?” Her voice wasn't patronizing nor aggressive, simply that of a friend holding casual conversation. “Sit quietly in a zen garden contemplating all the meanings of 42, or exorcise their fury by obliterating people in a virtual game of Techball?” 

“And you don't desire anarchy, it's just a side effect.” The Valkyr stayed leaned back in her chair as she spoke, arms casually crossed as she did. “What do you think's gonna happen when you shatter the two major power players and leave a bunch of little shards in their wake? Everyone's not suddenly gonna learn how to get along with each other. I might not remember anything, but from what I've heard the years directly following the Orokin's fall weren't exactly a fun time.” 

Sab took a crisp from her bowl and flicked it over at her Carrier at the other end of the room, who was currently attempting  to scam people by trying to sell commodities that should have been offered freely. “With such a major power vacuum in place you should be scared that the Infested and Sentients don't just come in and eat everyone.”

The Valkyr flicked another crisp before glancing back at Wilco. “You should go to one of the colonies, throw a party there, you’ll be surprised at how much mortals will tend to fawn over you.” Sab's head turned back to the table, grabbing a third crisp and rolling it around in her fingers. “Wouldn't surprise me if there's someone like that in this very room.”

Wilco chuckles sadly. "I'm not in the mood for parties anyway, still reeling from a mission that blew most of our group to dust. Its just three guys trying to survive after losing almost everything."

Phi pipes up, taking advantage of being unmuted. "Actually, your wrong there Wilco. Its three guys, me and the Orbiter." He then vibrates angrily as he was muted by Wilco, who chuckles nervously. "Phi doesn't understand the meaning of what I'm saying sometimes." He then looks away, embarrassed of what he did.

18 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

A small beverage-dispensing Osprey floated over to him, turning its head. Any remnants of Corpus coloring was gone, with the Osprey being painted in the Reaping Olympians' colors. 

"What would you like to drink, sir? We have many high quality beverages for your consumption." The Osprey stated. They had obviously given it some basic form of AI in order to better communicate with customers.

"Krank's Wine appears to be one of the top ordered drinks by the customers here currently. It is highly recommended, if you are interested."

8 hours ago, Askaris said:

Seemingly disinterested in the food on offer, Narakis continued walking to the nearest drinks Osprey, hovering by what appeared to be a man in an Excalibur costume. It was in the middle of advertising a particular variety of wine to the seated man, citing its popularity amongst the guests thus far. Her eye lingered on the bizarrely dressed individual for a moment before she snapped her fingers at the drone and asked,

"How about spirits?"

"Spirits? Oh yeah, spirits!" answered the low-effort Excalibur cosplayer. "The drinks of warriors! Give me uh..."

He glanced around as though expecting to find a recommendation somewhere in the hall. His curious gaze rested on the other patron seeking the Osprey's service, eyes squinting behind his helmet. "I'll have what they're having."

On 2018-10-09 at 7:17 PM, Spikey844 said:

The gullwing doors on the Epoch Voyager opened with a hiss and a woman dressed extremely oddly in a white satin jacket with a scorpion insignia on the back and wearing aviators stepped out of the oddly-shaped landing craft. Reaching up to get to the inner door strap of the craft, she pulled down to get it low enough for her to use the normal exterior door handle to close the door. A hand rested on her hip while she gestured with her free hand at the craft. With a clunk, the doors locked and she started to walk backwards and turned around with a smile only to come face to face with an Excalibur Umbra petting his smeeta kavat.

"Huh-" she blurted out, barely managing to come to a dead stop before making contact.