Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Setup | 2018 (IC)

Agent_Maine

11 hours ago, Askaris said:

Narakis raised an eyebrow as Hans downed his drink, fire and all. There was a brief silence as the flaming-ice-liquor made its painful way down his gullet before she picked up her own glass, blew out the flame, and took a sip.

"Traditionally, Frostburn Horizon is lit to add a toasted flavour, and to take the edge off the chill. Downing it while it's still alight is known around Venus as the Frostburn Suicide Shot." She raised her glass in salute. "Not something done by the faint of heart. Impressive."

When Morroc finally lowered the glass from his face, it was red as Rubedo. His eyes were reduced to slits, and smoke trailed from his nostrils and mouth. In spite of this, he seemed pleased with her explanation and praise(sarcastic or otherwise), and grinned in response.

"Not something I would try again, but that was a good recommendation, Tenno." 

Still smiling, he reached for a nearby pitcher of iced water and poured himself a glass, drinking it as slowly and dignified as he could - doing his absolute best to not betray the fact that his insides were probably on fire.

Refreshed by the handily placed water fountain, Lysandra let out a relieved sigh. She looked around at her environs and decide that it was quite boring.
Hangar. She thought to herself, heading to the elevator. Should be some interesting faces there.

When she arrived, stepping out with a confident swagger that continued when she spotted the familiar face of Lucas, and froze in place at the sight of the familiar make of a Nidus.
"Oh, great." She groaned. "Everyone's here, even him."

"Ahaha! Now this is a dojo that knows how to treat it's guests!" Aegia boisterously exclaims to no one in particular as she sits down at the head of a nearby table in the buffet hall.

In her hands she held two massive plates of food, piled high with all that the buffet had to offer. Stacks upon stacks of plates sat upon the table already, clearly denoting that the huge, amazonian-proportioned woman had already been eating the Reaping Olympians out of house and home. But when you're as much of a powerhouse as Aegia, this was the sort of meal you had to eat to maintain your energy. The She-Rhino tears into her food with all of the grace and elegance of a Kubrow (but at least she uses the silverware... For the most part.) And --despite the fervor at which she was devouring the food at hand-- there was little to no mess to be cleaned.

Except for the plates. The plates were piling up.
But she would take care of that later.

She had noted a few familiar faces when she arrived here, but otherwise hadn't made an effort to socialize with anyone. Not yet anyway. There was food to be eaten, and drink to be quaffed! She watches a scene unfold a little ways away, of some poor little human downing a flaming glass of... Something. Strangely, Aegia didn't recognize the drink he was having. She took stock of the various leftover glasses from the previous beverages she'd ordered. But nothing stuck out as being on fire when she had drank it. Which was strange, as Aegia had assumed she'd managed to order every drink the dojo had to offer.

Aegia idly rips off a piece of meat from the bone using her mouth, waiting until the serving osprey floats by. She grabs the little proxy out of the air, holding it by it's "head" and pulling it in close before turning it so that the ocular sensor could see the human agent downing the flaming glass of whatsit.

She points. "Whatever it is the little human just ordered, as big as you can make it!"

Aegia sends the osprey on it's way with a couple little pats on the "head," but even the lightest of those still would cause the once-Corpus proxy to bob dangerously in midair.

Whatever Monty had been expecting on this little adventure, a ship crashing into the docks before things had even gotten started hadn’t been on the list. He didn’t answer Farah’s question, because when the ship had crashed he spun sharply and drawn his sword. Sara had whirled on the spot as well, crouching low, ears dropping back. His entire body had shifted from at ease to a fighting stance, one that slowly relaxed as the scene unfolded. He kept his sword drawn though. 

Glancing back at Farah, he nodded towards the confrontation going on. “Shall we investigate that little mess? Seems some people have history with each other.” He began walking towards the confrontation, then paused and turned around. “Where are my manners?” He gave a small bow, his empty hand coming across his chest. “Monty Blackburn, at your service. The highly trained Kavat with me is called Sara.”

Said highly trained feline decided this would be the perfect moment to jump up and land on Monty’s shoulders, where she promptly curled around him. 

“....in theory.”

Edited by Spikey844

12 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

"Mentally scarred? Well, I guess you could say my mental fortitude and sanity is better than most of the other Veil members. I've been in a death game, had to fight a practically undead infested version of my friend alone, and so much more, and yet I haven't devolved into edginess like the other 75% of the Red Veil. And the reason I didn't try to gut you is because I'm actually sane and can tolerate criticism of my very flawed Syndicate." Sanera responded.

"No offense taken, either. I recognize the problems within my Syndicate."

Sanera's remarks would elicit a slight chuckle from the Valkyr, who now looked back in her direction. Whether or not that was the appropriate response would be up to her to decide. “Well, sounds like you definitely got some stories to tell. Either you’ve been part of the Spandex Enthusiasts Club for a long time, or I'm willing to bet you had a very bad first day.”

Without warning Sab launched the Ripline from her hand, flying across the room to latch onto the Carrier and yanking it away right as the Sentinel loaded its shotgun in the Service Osprey's direction. While it wouldn't inconvenience anyone (by smashing into them, at least), the bright white line was quite noticeable.

“The name's Sab by the way, Saboteur Irritum if you wanna get fancy, yours?” The Baset helm pointed down as Sab snapped the Carrier up in her hand, the bulbous money sac beeping furiously and overworking its propulsion in an attempt to get free. She had to dig her nails in just to stop it getting free.

“I'll keep an eye out in case I'm doing any missions for you guys. Wouldn’t want one of the few tolerable people in the Veil getting shot.” Sab wouldn't have been too well known throughout the Syndicate, due to only being a simple mercenary, however the few that had heard of her would know the Tenno by her ability to complete assignments of utter destruction well above expectations, a kill count rivalling that of the long lost Fortuna, and general unprofessionalism.

3 hours ago, Aegia- said:

"Ahaha! Now this is a dojo that knows how to treat it's guests!" Aegia boisterously exclaims to no one in particular as she sits down at the head of a nearby table in the buffet hall.

In her hands she held two massive plates of food, piled high with all that the buffet had to offer. Stacks upon stacks of plates sat upon the table already, clearly denoting that the huge, amazonian-proportioned woman had already been eating the Reaping Olympians out of house and home. But when you're as much of a powerhouse as Aegia, this was the sort of meal you had to eat to maintain your energy. The She-Rhino tears into her food with all of the grace and elegance of a Kubrow (but at least she uses the silverware... For the most part.) And --despite the fervor at which she was devouring the food at hand-- there was little to no mess to be cleaned.

She had noted a few familiar faces when she arrived here, but otherwise hadn't made an effort to socialize with anyone. Not yet anyway. There was food to be eaten, and drink to be quaffed! She watches a scene unfold a little ways away, of some poor little human downing a flaming glass of... Something. Strangely, Aegia didn't recognize the drink he was having. She took stock of the various leftover glasses from the previous beverages she'd ordered. But nothing stuck out as being on fire when she had drank it. Which was strange, as Aegia had assumed she'd managed to order every drink the dojo had to offer.

Aegia idly rips off a piece of meat from the bone using her mouth, waiting until the serving osprey floats by. She grabs the little proxy out of the air, holding it by it's "head" and pulling it in close before turning it so that the ocular sensor could see the human agent downing the flaming glass of whatsit.

She points. "Whatever it is the little human just ordered, as big as you can make it!"

Aegia sends the osprey on it's way with a couple little pats on the "head," but even the lightest of those still would cause the once-Corpus proxy to bob dangerously in midair.

Takar heard a boisterous cry from behind her, and turned to see-

Aegia? She came too? I am certainly glad to see her here. She was very nice.

6 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:
18 hours ago, Askaris said:

Hide contents

Narakis raised an eyebrow as Hans downed his drink, fire and all. There was a brief silence as the flaming-ice-liquor made its painful way down his gullet before she picked up her own glass, blew out the flame, and took a sip.

"Traditionally, Frostburn Horizon is lit to add a toasted flavour, and to take the edge off the chill. Downing it while it's still alight is known around Venus as the Frostburn Suicide Shot." She raised her glass in salute. "Not something done by the faint of heart. Impressive."

When Morroc finally lowered the glass from his face, it was red as Rubedo. His eyes were reduced to slits, and smoke trailed from his nostrils and mouth. In spite of this, he seemed pleased with her explanation and praise(sarcastic or otherwise), and grinned in response.

Still smiling, he reached for a nearby pitcher of iced water and poured himself a glass, drinking it as slowly and dignified as he could - doing his absolute best to not betray the fact that his insides were probably on fire. 

Takar turned back to her current companions. "I do not think it was courage or bravery that directed his actions, Narakis. He has had an aura of nervousness and fear around him since we met him. He probably wanted to impress us, or maybe he just wanted to act like he knows what he is doing. Emotions are easy to see; intent, if not murderous, is far more nebulous."

"Now, if you will excuse me, I see a friend I would like to catch up with."

And with that, Takar turned and began making her way towards Aegia.

14 hours ago, Aegia- said:

"Very well." The Osprey said, floating away, before coming back a minute later with a large drink. It was the same 'flaming' drink that Aegia had witnessed earlier. "One Frostburn Horizon, as you ordered." The Osprey said, putting the drink on the table in front of Aegia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

Sanera's remarks would elicit a slight chuckle from the Valkyr, who now looked back in her direction. Whether or not that was the appropriate response would be up to her to decide. “Well, sounds like you definitely got some stories to tell. Either you’ve been part of the Spandex Enthusiasts Club for a long time, or I'm willing to bet you had a very bad first day.”

Without warning Sab launched the Ripline from her hand, flying across the room to latch onto the Carrier and yanking it away right as the Sentinel loaded its shotgun in the Service Osprey's direction. While it wouldn't inconvenience anyone (by smashing into them, at least), the bright white line was quite noticeable.

“The name's Sab by the way, Saboteur Irritum if you wanna get fancy, yours?” The Baset helm pointed down as Sab snapped the Carrier up in her hand, the bulbous money sac beeping furiously and overworking its propulsion in an attempt to get free. She had to dig her nails in just to stop it getting free.

“I'll keep an eye out in case I'm doing any missions for you guys. Wouldn’t want one of the few tolerable people in the Veil getting shot.” Sab wouldn't have been too well known throughout the Syndicate, due to only being a simple mercenary, however the few that had heard of her would know the Tenno by her ability to complete assignments of utter destruction well above expectations, a kill count rivalling that of the long lost Fortuna, and general unprofessionalism.

"It's the former. I've been a part of the Red Veil since I was young. Oh, and my name is Sanera Takos." Sanera replied, throwing her Rakta Dark Dagger into the air before catching it by the blade between two of her fingers. She then flipped the dagger again, catching it by the handle before holstering it on her hip. "You're Saboteur Irritum? Weren't you involved in that Second Setup three years ago, you know with the Grineer?" She asked, obviously curious as she leaned forwards to listen more closely.

Edited by Agent_Maine

In the quiet emptiness of space, lies an Orbiter, moving with purpose to the clan space of the Reaping Olympians. Leaving his Cephalon to navigate the ship, Cyrus stands at his Arsenal, examining his inventory to ensure everything is as it should. As he finishes his inspection, a voice sounds throughout the hull.

“I still don’t think you should be doing this.”

The Tenno sighs, tired of having this discussion once again. “How many times are we going to have this talk, Theta? I’m doing this mission. Yes, it’s vague, yes, it could be a trap, but we’ll be fine. I’ll contact you regularly, that way you’ll know if something is wrong, alright? If I don’t contact you, you take the Orbiter and head for Cetus, I don’t want them getting everything if stuff goes wrong. See? I have everything planned out.”

“Yes, it’s just- nevermind. We’re approaching their clan space. Shall I let them know we’re here?”

“Please.”

A quiet beep sounds in response, signifying the comms unit switching on, before Theta’s voice rings out once more.

“This is Cephalon Theta, here in response to the Reaping Olympians’ mission regarding the Corpus. Requesting permission to dock. Please inform us of any prohibited items, and whether my Operator may have his weapons on his person. Thank you.”

23 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:
On 2018-10-13 at 9:43 AM, Arunafeltz said:

Takar turned back to her current companions. "I do not think it was courage or bravery that directed his actions, Narakis. He has had an aura of nervousness and fear around him since we met him. He probably wanted to impress us, or maybe he just wanted to act like he knows what he is doing. Emotions are easy to see; intent, if not murderous, is far more nebulous."

"Now, if you will excuse me, I see a friend I would like to catch up with."

And with that, Takar turned and began making her way towards Aegia.

Narakis watched as Takar left, then shook her head.

"Like I needed void sight to see that."

She turned back to Hans, fixing him with her eerie glowing gaze.

"She's not wrong; you come off as a green merc trying too hard to fit in. If we were anywhere else in the system, I'd have written you off already."

She paused as she drained her glass, setting it down on the table with a soft clink.

"But I know this clan by reputation, and it's a fearsome one at that. If you were invited into this gathering of mass murderers, then there's more to you than just bravado."

Her chair creaked as she leaned back.

"So, Mr. Morroc; Tell me about how you ended up in this business. I only know one group in the system who use helmet vocoders like yours, which makes me curious about why you'd move against your own kind."

Edited by Askaris

Morroc seemed more confused by the Tenno girl's words than much else, it being written all over his face as he tried to follow her words. Aura? And was she mistaking his uncertainty for fear and nerves, implying that he was actually afraid? Surely not he, the brave and honourable soldier of fortune who has challenged seventeen Tenno in friendly duels thus far(and losing honourably every single time)!

He turned back to Narakis as the girl left, quickly brightening up as she expressed interest in him. He cleared his soothed throat and began.

"You're sharp indeed, Narakis. Corpus I am, or at least I was. There's no glory and pride in being a merchant."

He set his glass down with hers, and his jolly expression darkened, if only for a few moments.

"Especially one who would seize technology from their creators, force debtors into slavery and trade arms to the Grineer. That wasn't how I wanted to make my living, not at the expense of innocents who perished by the weapons and mods I developed. That's when you Tenno came along, and the Perrin. That was all I needed... to know that there was another way."

His initial cautiousness around her had about evaporated. Despite looking somewhat dangerous, Agni seemed amicable enough, at least to hold a conversation with. He knew nothing of her own career and background, but couldn't help but feel a small affinity of sorts.

"So, to why I would move against my own? Those who build their fortunes upon the backs and lives of others, are not corpus to me. Especially when the weapons they manufactured ended up being used against those they called corpus."

Edited by Arunafeltz
Grammar

16 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

"It's the former. I've been a part of the Red Veil since I was young. Oh, and my name is Sanera Takos." Sanera replied, throwing her Rakta Dark Dagger into the air before catching it by the blade between two of her fingers. She then flipped the dagger again, catching it by the handle before holstering it on her hip. "You're Saboteur Irritum? Weren't you involved in that Second Setup three years ago, you know with the Grineer?" She asked, obviously curious as she leaned forwards to listen more closely.

"Bloody hell, that sh!t show." The Valkyr pinched the front of her helmet with her free hand, even as the Carrier still tried to wiggle free from its death grip. "Yeah, I was a part of that, wish I hadn't, biggest f*cking waste of time that mission. Wound up having to fight King Kong himself while being stuck saving some f*cking dumba$$ the entire time even as the vacuum of space was ripping me apart and, at the end of it all, never even got paid." The Sentinel's shields began to flare up from the pressure as Sab moved forward in her seat. "Shouldn't have expected anything else from a dojo full of f*cking Primes, and one so close to the evil f*cking step mum herself no less!"

Samnera might begin feeling sorry for the poor Carrier at this point. "I swear, if this gig turns out to be ANYTHING like the Sh!tup I'm going to end up finding whoever it was that organised this funny little "prank"and feed them their f*cking kneecaps!"

The Valkyr suddenly returned to being leaned back in her chair, instantly growing more silent. Sanera would barely be able to hear the Valkyr murmur that "the smell didn't come off for years..."

12 hours ago, Oobloobx said:

In the quiet emptiness of space, lies an Orbiter, moving with purpose to the clan space of the Reaping Olympians. Leaving his Cephalon to navigate the ship, Cyrus stands at his Arsenal, examining his inventory to ensure everything is as it should. As he finishes his inspection, a voice sounds throughout the hull.

“I still don’t think you should be doing this.”

The Tenno sighs, tired of having this discussion once again. “How many times are we going to have this talk, Theta? I’m doing this mission. Yes, it’s vague, yes, it could be a trap, but we’ll be fine. I’ll contact you regularly, that way you’ll know if something is wrong, alright? If I don’t contact you, you take the Orbiter and head for Cetus, I don’t want them getting everything if stuff goes wrong. See? I have everything planned out.”

“Yes, it’s just- nevermind. We’re approaching their clan space. Shall I let them know we’re here?”

“Please.”

A quiet beep sounds in response, signifying the comms unit switching on, before Theta’s voice rings out once more.

“This is Cephalon Theta, here in response to the Reaping Olympians’ mission regarding the Corpus. Requesting permission to dock. Please inform us of any prohibited items, and whether my Operator may have his weapons on his person. Thank you.”

Enoch turned his attention to the newest signal requesting docking clearance. "Your authorization code is accepted, Cephalon Theta. Please proceed to Landing Pad 040. Your Operator is allowed to bring standard weaponry with him into the dojo - the only prohibited items are highly explosive or destructive ones such as the Jat Kittag and Angstrum. Please leave any weapons like that in your ship, you may retrieve it for the mission later." He said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

"Bloody hell, that sh!t show." The Valkyr pinched the front of her helmet with her free hand, even as the Carrier still tried to wiggle free from its death grip. "Yeah, I was a part of that, wish I hadn't, biggest f*cking waste of time that mission. Wound up having to fight King Kong himself while being stuck saving some f*cking dumba$$ the entire time even as the vacuum of space was ripping me apart and, at the end of it all, never even got paid." The Sentinel's shields began to flare up from the pressure as Sab moved forward in her seat. "Shouldn't have expected anything else from a dojo full of f*cking Primes, and one so close to the evil f*cking step mum herself no less!"

Samnera might begin feeling sorry for the poor Carrier at this point. "I swear, if this gig turns out to be ANYTHING like the Sh!tup I'm going to end up finding whoever it was that organised this funny little "prank"and feed them their f*cking kneecaps!"

The Valkyr suddenly returned to being leaned back in her chair, instantly growing more silent. Sanera would barely be able to hear the Valkyr murmur that "the smell didn't come off for years..."

Sanera chuckled. "I see. So it doesn't seem like you enjoyed that experience. Makes sense, since you weren't paid for all the effort you put in and were thrown away like trash when the Crimson Lotus had no more use for you. They aren't a particularly nice clan. It seems like their decisions have backfired however, I haven't heard them being involved in any big missions lately, probably since they were known for treating their allies that way." She remarked.

18 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco, now tuning out of the convo between the two females near him, notices a corpus over by another Tenno, in their Operator form, no less. He stands up and walks over to them, curious. "Hello." He stopped beside them, before calling the beverage serving Osprey over.

The Service Osprey turned towards Wilco after serving Aegia her Frostburn Horizon, floating over towards him. "How may I assist you, sir?" The Osprey asked Wilco, its mechanical voice showing a hint of curiosity.

Edited by Agent_Maine

5 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

The Service Osprey turned towards Wilco after serving Aegia her Frostburn Horizon, floating over towards him. "How may I assist you, sir?" The Osprey asked Wilco, its mechanical voice showing a hint of curiosity.

"What drinks do you have on offer?" He asks, curious. His Taxon had settled down on his shoulder like a parrot, but the Mesa didn't bother reacting to it.

On 2018-10-13 at 8:43 PM, Spikey844 said:

Whatever Monty had been expecting on this little adventure, a ship crashing into the docks before things had even gotten started hadn’t been on the list. He didn’t answer Farah’s question, because when the ship had crashed he spun sharply and drawn his sword. Sara had whirled on the spot as well, crouching low, ears dropping back. His entire body had shifted from at ease to a fighting stance, one that slowly relaxed as the scene unfolded. He kept his sword drawn though. 

Glancing back at Farah, he nodded towards the confrontation going on. “Shall we investigate that little mess? Seems some people have history with each other.” He began walking towards the confrontation, then paused and turned around. “Where are my manners?” He gave a small bow, his empty hand coming across his chest. “Monty Blackburn, at your service. The highly trained Kavat with me is called Sara.”

Said highly trained feline decided this would be the perfect moment to jump up and land on Monty’s shoulders, where she promptly curled around him. 

“....in theory.”

“Farah Kettaphen. And she's certainly very affectionate to you.” said the fem-Excalibur after recovering from the shock of the crash and following Monty. “Is she good with strangers?”

She reached a gloved hand over to the Kavat to try and tickle her chin or pet her head.

Edited by MetroFallout

20 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

“Farah Kettaphen. And she's certainly very affectionate to you.” said the fem-Excalibur after recovering from the shock of the crash and following Monty. “Is she good with strangers?”

She reached a gloved hand over to the Kavat to try and tickle her chin or pet her head.

Sara shied away at first, then sniffed at Farah's hand, assessing her. After a moment, she allowed Farah to pet her.

"It's variable," Monty replied, "though whenever I take her to Cetus she's a complete softy with the children there. I'm pretty sure they feed her treats and spoil her." He chuckled quietly. "Somewhat demanding though, always wanted attention. I keep on finding her on my bed and I have to keep pushing her off. The hair gets everywhere."

Aria kept glancing at the newcomer, both curious and fairly disturbed.

"Orokin technology, but presents symptoms of infection? But..."

She stopped for a second, then started thinking aloud fast.

"Impossible. TissuesamplesandexperimentingconfirmWarframesarefullyimmunetotheinfestation,yetthemarksarehereandunmistakable.How?"

One could almost hear the gears grinding as she steps further, barely understandable at that point.

"Unless.Therecentpathology?Noitbearedinfestedstigmabutwasalwaysbenign.Unlesssomeonemodifieditbuthow?Genetherapy?Mutationinavector?Andwhywouldanyoneplaywitthatanyway?"

Suddenly, silence. She just stopped,somewhat horrified at her conclusion, her eyes expressing curiosity, confusion and compassion as she looked straight  at Hemlock.

"Just what happened to you..."

Edited by 404Cygni

18 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

Sanera chuckled. "I see. So it doesn't seem like you enjoyed that experience. Makes sense, since you weren't paid for all the effort you put in and were thrown away like trash when the Crimson Lotus had no more use for you. They aren't a particularly nice clan. It seems like their decisions have backfired however, I haven't heard them being involved in any big missions lately, probably since they were known for treating their allies that way." She remarked.

"You know I didn't get to kill anything on that mission? Not one thing! Not even a #*!%ing Roller or something!" Sab suddenly shot back forwards in her seat again, obviously not willing to let this go just yet. Sanera had pressed the Setup button. You don't press the Setup button. "F*cking Nium got to fight hordes upon HORDES of Lancers, but nooooo, I just get the f*cking monkey! I barely even got to fight the damn thing you know, bloody Mr. President of the Crossbow Club shot it with a Railgun before I even had the chance!" Sab was leaned over the table at this point, the poor Carrier getting its paint scratched onto the table. "Why is he so obssessed with Railguns anyway? Shouldn't he've been using a f*cking Attica or something?! As far as I know, A RAILGUN ISN'T A CROSSBOW!!"

Sab would stay suspended over the table for a few short moments before a snarl heralded the return back to her seat, arms crossed even as the Sentinel's propulsions began to rise to a very high whine. "I'm surprised no one trusts them anymore, because I expected everyone to just come down for their heads. The only bad thing left at that point is that they didn't invite me."

"We're going to be late!" A Cephalon scolded. 

"I doubt they've started without us"  A deep baritone voice calmly replied.

Deep in space a lone Mantis sped through the open vastness, occasionally avoiding the stray piece of space junk or rock. Inside the massive giant known as "Eisenwandler" (or Eis as he so prefers to be called) sat deep in thought. His arms folded and his eyes closed as he left the navigation to the Cephalon. His face was an unreadable enigma.

"Something troubling you sir?" The AI questioned

"Just thinking over my last fight is all" he mused. "I feel like I could've done better. Something felt off about it. I'm not sure what though" 

The Mantis dipped under a rock as it continued on its course.

"Whatever." He finally sighed opening his eyes. "I'll think about it some other time. What do we know about this 'Reaping Olympians' clan?" He asked the Cephalon

"My data banks don't bring up any information on them" it replied. "Though they seem to be a very large clan from the looks of it."

"I feel like you should know something about them if they're a big clan?" The Tenno thought aloud. 

The ship continued onward, a dojo coming into view. 

"We are nearing the dojo" the Cephalon said interrupting the thought process of his passenger. "This is Cephalon 0D1N on approach to the Reaping Olympians Dojo. Transmitting invitation code now"

Lucas mentally slapped himself for starting yet another Mexican standoff, quickly gesturing to Felon to cool it, while also silently wondering if Aria was quite alright with her ramblings. 

He then proceeded to accept Hemlock's handshake, apologizing while doing so. 

"Yeah, sorry about that Hemlock. Muscle memory tends to kick in when you see something like a burning nidus walking towards you. Before I knew that I was even reaching for my lex, I had Felon here over my shoulder with his rifle and a tenno in front of us both ready to slash some things into meaty salad. Good to see you and scab are in one piece still. "

Turning to the now somewhat calm gaggle of misfits behind him, he began introductions.

"Alright - the armored human here is Felon Rust. Mercenary with quite a track record, if i presume correctly, and - I haven't actually talked to the other tenno with us, so I have no clue how to introduce her."

"Felon, this here is Hemlok - we met on my last assignment, and although the start was a bit shaky, we ended up getting along pretty well."

Lysandra breathed a sigh of relief when the tensions seemed to die down. She strode over, taking note of Lucas's turned back. When she arrived she caught him in the middle of Hemlock's introduction.

"What, no introduction for me?" She asked with faux offence, leaning her elbow on the mercenary's shoulder. "Why, Mister Edwards, you wound me."

“Hmm, best leave the Lenz then,” Cyrus says, comms unit now off. Taking out his Castanas and Cerata from the Arsenal, he moves into the landing craft section of his Orbiter, preparing to disconnect from the main ship and dock at the clan dojo.

Now finally at his destination Cyrus takes a moment to observe what the hell was happening here. In one portion of the docking bay, the burning wreckage of some run-down ship held together with… Infested material? Interesting.

Taking another scour of the bay, Cyrus notices something he had missed beforehand. A Tenno - at least, he presumed, it seemed more likely than a child being here - standing with her Warframe - a...Nyx, his mind said after much deliberation - somewhat odd by itself, but the longer he looked, the more...online it looked. Wracked with curiosity, and seeing as he had no idea where to go, resolved to kill two birds with one stone, and walked over to the Tenno.

“Uh, excuse me, but...how...are you…?”

Trying to get his point across, Cyrus uses his arms to motion between Vayan and her Warframe, before elaborating.

“You're both...well, you're both... active.”

On 2018-10-15 at 2:46 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

"What drinks do you have on offer?" He asks, curious. His Taxon had settled down on his shoulder like a parrot, but the Mesa didn't bother reacting to it.

The Osprey projected a holographic list in front of Wilco. "We have a large list of drinks for you to choose from. The most popular drinks recently have been Krank's Wine, and the Frostburn Horizon." The Osprey informed Wilco.

15 hours ago, IceDragonofAmber said:

"You know I didn't get to kill anything on that mission? Not one thing! Not even a #*!%ing Roller or something!" Sab suddenly shot back forwards in her seat again, obviously not willing to let this go just yet. Sanera had pressed the Setup button. You don't press the Setup button. "F*cking Nium got to fight hordes upon HORDES of Lancers, but nooooo, I just get the f*cking monkey! I barely even got to fight the damn thing you know, bloody Mr. President of the Crossbow Club shot it with a Railgun before I even had the chance!" Sab was leaned over the table at this point, the poor Carrier getting its paint scratched onto the table. "Why is he so obssessed with Railguns anyway? Shouldn't he've been using a f*cking Attica or something?! As far as I know, A RAILGUN ISN'T A CROSSBOW!!"

Sab would stay suspended over the table for a few short moments before a snarl heralded the return back to her seat, arms crossed even as the Sentinel's propulsions began to rise to a very high whine. "I'm surprised no one trusts them anymore, because I expected everyone to just come down for their heads. The only bad thing left at that point is that they didn't invite me."

"Well I mean, they were a Clan which was rumored to be close to The Lotus, possessing even a direct line to her. One act of @ssholery wouldn't be anything close to enough for people to start going after their heads." Sanera remarked, inspecting the blade of her Rakta Dark Dagger. "Also, who? 'Mr. President of the Crossbow Club'? Who's that supposed to be?" She asked.

11 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"We're going to be late!" A Cephalon scolded. 

"I doubt they've started without us"  A deep baritone voice calmly replied.

Deep in space a lone Mantis sped through the open vastness, occasionally avoiding the stray piece of space junk or rock. Inside the massive giant known as "Eisenwandler" (or Eis as he so prefers to be called) sat deep in thought. His arms folded and his eyes closed as he left the navigation to the Cephalon. His face was an unreadable enigma.

"Something troubling you sir?" The AI questioned

"Just thinking over my last fight is all" he mused. "I feel like I could've done better. Something felt off about it. I'm not sure what though" 

The Mantis dipped under a rock as it continued on its course.

"Whatever." He finally sighed opening his eyes. "I'll think about it some other time. What do we know about this 'Reaping Olympians' clan?" He asked the Cephalon

"My data banks don't bring up any information on them" it replied. "Though they seem to be a very large clan from the looks of it."

"I feel like you should know something about them if they're a big clan?" The Tenno thought aloud. 

The ship continued onward, a dojo coming into view. 

"We are nearing the dojo" the Cephalon said interrupting the thought process of his passenger. "This is Cephalon 0D1N on approach to the Reaping Olympians Dojo. Transmitting invitation code now"

"I hear you, Cephalon 0D1N. Your Authorization Code is accepted, please proceed to Landing Pad 041." Enoch responded over Comms as he answered the incoming signal from Eisenwandler's Mantis ship.

Spoiler
On 2018-10-12 at 6:25 PM, 404Cygni said:

There was no need to tell her. The moment the helminth had been out, Aria's blade had been in her hands, ready to defend the two squishier humans. Except nothing happened. The charger seemed...Happy? Playful?

"That's a...Pet? What kind of madman keeps an infested as a pet?"

That came out as barely a thoughtful murmur. It wasn't very important, anyways, everything becoming secondary as something came from that ship. It looked like a Warframe, the Nidus model to be exact, except everything about it felt wrong and unnatural and dangerous. Before she even knew it, she had shifted to the front of the group, her blade out in one hand,the other quickly signing a clear message: 'I'm covering you.'

Maybe she was wrong. Maybe this wasn't going to be the fight of their lives, or a fight at all. But she had this gut feeling, and her gut had a pretty good track record so far, as unscientific as it was.

Spoiler
On 2018-10-13 at 4:02 PM, InfiniumV said:

"Jacko?! Excuse me what-the-fu" 
As the rickety goxcraft continued to burn out, the Nidus became more and more visible - And though the stance betrayed something on edge, it was likely because Hemlock was on fire, and had a dozen or so bits of shrapnel and debris poking out of him. 'Course, that'd fail to stop a Nidus-type warframe in the first place, but that part isn't important. 

The actual important bit was that all three figures ahead of him -Scab aside- were now readying themselves as if he was about to do something violent - Fortunately for everyone here, violence was the last thing on Hemlocks mind. Raising his arms in a mock surrender pose as he continued to stride towards the rag-tag group of independents ahead of him. 

"Easy now, I know I made a less then acceptable entrance but I can assure you-" Intoned the technocyte-golem as it paused mid stride, casting its sight back upon the burning ruin of the Gox before returning his eyes to the party in front of him. "-My intentions are very much far from hostile." Hemlock resumed in a concise and curt manner, as he kept moving forward. "If I was hostile and had an intent to harm, I'd have my gun upon you by now not sooner, right Lucas?" he asked, remembering that one situation back at the hanger of the salvage yards. 

Hemlock would join the group proper - If any tried to threaten him he'd just look and give a dismissive shrug at the notion, coming towards Lucas himself. 
And would extend his hand in anticipation of a handshake, only to cast a glance at at the blood-covered appendage, pull it back and wipe off the blood onto his right thigh and extend his hand again. 

"Considering our situation it is nice to see a familiar face. Barring your little nickname for him, I imagine J'kotal would be rather stoked to hear you are well. How have you been, and who are your new friends here?"

He'd turn his head to look at the two present. 

"Would you be so kind as to introduce me?"

Spoiler
18 hours ago, 404Cygni said:

Aria kept glancing at the newcomer, both curious and fairly disturbed.

"Orokin technology, but presents symptoms of infection? But..."

She stopped for a second, then started thinking aloud fast.

"Impossible. TissuesamplesandexperimentingconfirmWarframesarefullyimmunetotheinfestation,yetthemarksarehereandunmistakable.How?"

One could almost hear the gears grinding as she steps further, barely understandable at that point.

"Unless.Therecentpathology?Noitbearedinfestedstigmabutwasalwaysbenign.Unlesssomeonemodifieditbuthow?Genetherapy?Mutationinavector?Andwhywouldanyoneplaywitthatanyway?"

Suddenly, silence. She just stopped,somewhat horrified at her conclusion, her eyes expressing curiosity, confusion and compassion as she looked straight  at Hemlock.

"Just what happened to you..."

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Locky122 said:

Lucas mentally slapped himself for starting yet another Mexican standoff, quickly gesturing to Felon to cool it, while also silently wondering if Aria was quite alright with her ramblings. 

He then proceeded to accept Hemlock's handshake, apologizing while doing so. 

"Yeah, sorry about that Hemlock. Muscle memory tends to kick in when you see something like a burning nidus walking towards you. Before I knew that I was even reaching for my lex, I had Felon here over my shoulder with his rifle and a tenno in front of us both ready to slash some things into meaty salad. Good to see you and scab are in one piece still. "

Turning to the now somewhat calm gaggle of misfits behind him, he began introductions.

"Alright - the armored human here is Felon Rust. Mercenary with quite a track record, if i presume correctly, and - I haven't actually talked to the other tenno with us, so I have no clue how to introduce her."

"Felon, this here is Hemlok - we met on my last assignment, and although the start was a bit shaky, we ended up getting along pretty well."

The girl advanced forward, the message sent that she had the human's asses covered was well received. Nevertheless, the killer's grip on his rifle did not loosen. If anything, the grip became tighter; the finger more aching to kill as the man that had emerged from the flames continued to made his way to the group.

The smoke behind the man on flames started to die down; now nothing but a black cloud of smoke.

Falon raised his Buzlok rifle, only to bring it back down as he noticed the Warframe in a surrender stance with both arms raised as he neared.

"What the hell?"

Falon stared intently as the undying Warframe approached them, a still bloodied hand raised to welcome himself.

Looking at the girl again, she looked as if she had something to say.

And she did.

The girl started her incessant rambling; Falon barely making out what the girl had said. In fact, the only words he had caught on was her final question that concluded her train of thoughts. A complex question he wanted an answer to as well.

It took a while for Lucas to respond; of course he did. Who wouldn't stumble when they were face to face with what seemed like a Devil? The Tenno were Gods...but not when they were on fire.

Receiving Lucas's signal well, Falon slung his rifle back over his shoulder; his guns now back in their restless slumber. The gunner rolled his shoulder, the built-up tension leaving his body instantly. Lucas's introduction pulled the confused Falon back to reality.

Falon nodded once to confirm Lucas's doubts about his...occupation.

"Well, when you see someone crawl out of a ship that's been landed like that...you kinda do what you have to do. I never knew there was a Warframe called a Nidus. So, Hemlock, huh? Sounds rather familiar..."

"And Scab," Falon added, glancing at the dog.

Falon stood still to recall where the word "Hemlock" had crossed his eyes before.

"Ah. Had a few contracts asking me to take out your ass before. But after doing my research....I concluded that it would have been best to leave you alone. Don't worry, we're cool here," Falon stated, sending a message that he was aware of the man's existence in this vast universe.

Falon slapped Lucas on the shoulder.

"Thanks for...starting a standoff and yes..."

He turned to the girl.

"We haven't got the chance for proper introductions."

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310