Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Mesa Prime coming soon, can you make her "cooler" ?

Futurehero

On 2018-10-08 at 2:44 PM, xcenic said:

a litte tiny buff on mesa will consequently drive DE to an after nerf. The frame is on a good state compared to others like nyx, bansee, wokong, atlas, vauban. i rather let mesa in this actual state, good state and dont drive mesa to a GOD tier frame for a continue nerf and hit the ground. The moment DE nerf mesa to a useless shame and useless frame instead a balance, will be the day im leaving this game.

Im sorry, but did i see banshee in your list of frames in a bad state? What game are you evem playing omg i want to destroy my phone right now.

Do you even play banshee ? Lmao

16 hours ago, (PS4)les2zamours said:

Im sorry, but did i see banshee in your list of frames in a bad state? What game are you evem playing omg i want to destroy my phone right now.

Do you even play banshee ? Lmao

actually lol'd out loud^ because I had the same feels

I don't mean this in any toxic way, but hypothetically speaking... if she did get reworks or changes when she's primed... in the current state she's in... I wouldn't be sure how to feel considering our last Prime.

On 2018-10-17 at 6:54 AM, Conflux59 said:

actually lol'd out loud^ because I had the same feels

I don't mean this in any toxic way, but hypothetically speaking... if she did get reworks or changes when she's primed... in the current state she's in... I wouldn't be sure how to feel considering our last Prime.

Oh okay, I think I get it.

You're just saying that you didn't want banshee to get any changes when she was primed, but if actually did have some changes/nerfs it would have felt like Chroma prime (whose never got any when they primed him) release to you ?

Im sorry I might have gone a little too aggressive but when ppl say she needs a rework it always triggers me

I posted a rework idea a while back, tbh i still think it's not a bad idea to boost the usefulness of Ballistic Battery and make her a little more skill-based to play (in the vein of Harrow):

Especially since the Toxocyst synergy is gone by now maybe that'd be a nice way to reintroduce the feature.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

On 2018-10-08 at 7:44 AM, xcenic said:

a litte tiny buff on mesa will consequently drive DE to an after nerf. The frame is on a good state compared to others like nyx, bansee, wokong, atlas, vauban. i rather let mesa in this actual state, good state and dont drive mesa to a GOD tier frame for a continue nerf and hit the ground. The moment DE nerf mesa to a useless shame and useless frame instead a balance, will be the day im leaving this game.

Agreed.

Also when i play darktower roland.....er mesa....yes mesa i like the shooting sound of the sandalwood guns....er regulators.

On 2018-10-07 at 3:50 PM, Futurehero said:

I would like it if Mesa got some ability changes so they can feel more impactful and interesting because I find her extremely lame. Considering how over the top the gunplay is in Warframe,  she doesn't do anything interesting with gunplay. 

So, the key issues I have are:

• Her abilities look underwhelming.   Compare her to Rhino, whose 2 and 3 do similar things and they just look better and give you clear feedback when you cast them. Mesa gets.... a little sparkling ball of light around her and gets a slight change in tint?   For an even broader comparison, look at what Overwatch is doing. Dva can shoot bullets out of the sky with her guns,  Reaper can do 360 full-auto fire with shotgun pistols, even Soldier 76's aimbot ultimate looks more interesting than Peacemaker. And one that note...
  • Peacemaker gets lame-er with every patch.   So Mesa was initially supposed to be the gun-kata frame, and yet, her gun-kata ability gets less and less interesting  as time passes. She went from 360 killing , to only killing in a small cone in front of her, to even losing the cool animations and poses she has with her Augment.  At this point, she's just pointing two extremely weak looking pistols vaguely at her enemies while they drop dead. It's one of the lamest ultimates in the game when you consider Nova charges enemies with Antimatter and causes them to explode. It's not even unique anymore since Titania also gets a pair of unique pistols with her ultimate.  This game has so many cool things to do with its gunplay, why is Peacemaker so lame?
  • Yeah, she still needs a kit overhaul   Her passive is some behind-the-scenes minor stat boost (that I bet some Mesa players don't even know what it does). Her 1 is useless, and her 2 and 3 are buffs that you just cast around the clock whenever they go out. Also, a mentioned in my first point, they look bad as well. Go play Bayonetta or Devil May Cry to get an idea how over-the-top gun fighting should look and feel.  

When you take into consideration that Mesa is one of the top DPS frames in the game she should not be this mediocre in her design. She's sharing the spot with Equinox who has two different forms and bleeds enemies to death with force of will alone, and Saryn who melts enemies with poison.  This is not what a gunplay focused warframe should play like

Shes the best built frame in the game. Super tanky, incredible dps, and awsome synergy. Only thing she needs is maybe a different 1st ability.

On 2018-10-18 at 2:38 AM, (PS4)les2zamours said:

Oh okay, I think I get it.

You're just saying that you didn't want banshee to get any changes when she was primed, but if actually did have some changes/nerfs it would have felt like Chroma prime (whose never got any when they primed him) release to you ?

Im sorry I might have gone a little too aggressive but when ppl say she needs a rework it always triggers me

No worries 🙂

My first sentence was agreeing with you about your Banshee comment, and my second paragraph was refferring to when Mesa is primed.... her getting any additional attention or reworks considering how well off she is currently would leave a sour taste after Chroma Prime + DEs old comments about revisiting him + then never actually revisiting him + Prime Release + recent comments letting us know they're aware of the communities desire for rework.  Then... silence...

suddenly OHHEYMESA make her "cooler" ?

😐

If she gets changes, I'll be happy for the message fans and happy for positive changes to Warframe overall, but I won't lie... at the same time I'd literally throw my hands up in the air and say wtf!!?  \o/

Edited by Conflux59

On 2018-10-08 at 4:28 AM, Julian_Skies said:

I'm... Surprised there's a complaint about her augment animations.

Didn't you notice the afterimages she leaves when moving? Plus the augment isn't even that useful, that's why it's an exilus.

I love the augment. Its an exilus because its movement based. She needs nothing. Would be cool if she got a new 1. However she NEEDS nothing.

My biggest issue with Mesa at the moment is how her power 1 only works on one shot, which makes it great for single/slow firing weapons, it should be like Harrow's thing, for X duration it charges up based on damage dealt, at the end it does a damage boost for X duration based on % of damage dealt. Other than that, her other powers are great, i'd just make it so you could trigger them while in her power 4.

If I was to give her more of a hard thinking over, Shooting gallery would give bonus crit chance rather than damage or debuff enemies(Reduce armor, weaken enemy auras), and make enemies more likely to drop ammo. Shatter shield is great as is, but I'd change the name to Reflection Shield...because that's what it does, and I'd put a synergy to it, making her power 1 buff reflected damage back at enemies. And now for her ultimate...yeah really she just needs to be able to activate her other powers while in gunslinger mode, and maybe make it so while firing she reduces enemy damage/reflects damage back at enemies(She shoots enemies bullets out of the air~) allowing her to also not just kill enemies but also help keep them alive while doing so.

Her 1 ought to distribute its damage bonus to a full magazine of the weapon. Just say it's 200% bonus damage for the magazine, it means a gun with a mag size of 1 (Vectis or a bow) does +200% damage for that hit, whereas a gun with a mag size of 100 deals +2% damage per hit.

Make 2 and 3 recastable

And 4: To make it less "boring", perhaps if DE integrate it into a more active play system. Firstly, allow players to move at full speed. Whilst moving, her max range is significantly reduced, so if you want to shoot long range you need to stand still (relying on 3 for protection). You could add in spin attacks that do a rotating spray of bullets (or at least auto-lock on targets in the rotating LoS), or special air attacks/combos. I wouldn't mind seeing a point-blank ground finisher either, for bonus damage. It'd carve her out as more of a gun-kata frame, but that all depends on how many players would prefer the active playstyle, as well as whether or not DE would want to invest the effort to create all the new animations/combos.