Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modding and maybe some improvements

LupoDWolf

I kind find funny that kind of talk doesn't appears more. Soon™ Elite alerts will bring some mods, fortuna will fortunately brings some others... but how much mods will be used? 

I don't know if the DEs have or can have the data about mod usage, but pretty sure we have a lot of mods on the 'unused' category. I don't think that more free slots would help. dunno if erasing the unused ones is right too. 

We do have to clean some of the unused or ''pointless'' mods( there aren't really pointless ones, but i hope you guys get it) or at least rework then. But we need to add specify slots to help then too. Yeah, i know what some people will say, but why have so much and don't really having a good reason to make the playerbase to keep using then(like the peculiar ones)

so, I was thinking about some suggestions, hope they aren't seen as to bad, and see what you guys think:
1º UI: this is necessary before the others, as more slots, needs more space and not too be clustered: 

• symbols in place of the words, like HP, armor, damage. some can/ will be trickier, or not change all, just enough.
  • smaller mod appearance and slot size.
  • change special slots mods appearance or all the mods for one that can be easier to work
  • quicker access to thing like potatoes(a UI icon for this, for example)/forma/mod upgrade

2 º slots, and yeah, this one can create some problems, but also open some opportunities 

• Warframes 
  1. augments: this one is complicated because there some OP augments, some not so much. 2 slots max, maybe on the abilities window instead. My hope is that something like this could help to gather data and work/rework then
  2. Bullet jump slot and/ or
  3. slide/wall latch slots (or a 'parkour' slot with  above)
  • Weapons. We already having a lot of talks about new slots on then, since they are the bulk of the mod selection.
  1. channel slot(melee ofc). this one would depends if melee 3.0 could bring dedicated channel builds, if not, a channeling slot can be used like the actual exilus on warframe.
  2. 'trigger' slot (primaries and secondaries) for things like acolytes mods, some augments that aren't directly damage(like lanka one) and unique mods like thunderbolt
  3. "exilus"(or a beter name) slot for things like flight speed, zoom, ammo, reload (this one could be in the above because some things trigger on reload)
  • Companions. They don't need a lot of work,modding wise, but something that bugs me.
  1. 'signatures' mods as a passive instead. Not really sure if someone uses carrier without ammo case, adarza without cat's eye, etc. But, to be fair, for companions at least the two ones could be a passive, but sentinels we sometimes don't want then to use their weapons.
  2. Overheat slot for sentinels. the concept seens cool, but we only have one mod with that, so more mods for it.
  3. something like overheat, but for companions. Maybe a "fury" when owner is damaged, for example.

So, I think this concludes. What you guy think?

Edited by LupoDWolf

Personally I do think the mod system is fine as is but the Faction Damage mods like Expel Corpus, etc. could have their own slot on weapons which would make it tempting to use more then just the first set of mods on a weapon since you could have one set for Grineer, Corpus, Infested or Orokin. depending on the set have a corrosive weapon? throw on a mod for Grineer, Magnetic? Corpus is the way to go, etc.
The idea in and of itself however is sound and could work however it might take a good chunk of time to implement, along with Bug fixing etc.

Il y a 3 heures, LupoDWolf a dit :

Hey man, some of your ideas are similar or close to the ones I posted a few days ago. So I like your post, I agree Modding needs some variety and more depth so gameplay would feel a lot more customizable

Thanks a lot for taking time to improve the game

4 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

symbols in place of the words, like HP, armor, damage

TBH, that just seems terrible all around.

Not least, imagine a new player. "Oh, this Mod gives +15% ... what's that symbol, a pineapple?
Ah yes, I know what that means, this game is very intuitively designed, good job." Yeah no.

Also, I'd like to think DE has learned from the UI "upgrade" mess that less words is not better.

• Bullet jump slot and/ or
  • slide/wall latch slots (or a 'parkour' slot with  above)

It's called the Exilus slot.

Yes, you can also use it for other Mods (Enemy Sense woo thank you DE).
But that's a good thing, as it gives you the freedom to choose / doesn't make it a waste for those content with their base mobility.

augments: this one is complicated because there some OP augments, some not so much

In my dreams, I see each ability having multiple Augments to choose from
(with those that grant bigger effects maybe having penalties sort of like Corrupted Mods).

Which would then make having "free" Augment slots (maybe one unlocked per every 5 Mastery Ranks)
on the Abilities page (not least so that the description / info on those abilities change) more or less okay,
and greatly increase the variety of build options, to even more so make your Frames your own.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, that just seems terrible all around.

Not least, imagine a new player. "Oh, this Mod gives +15% ... what's that symbol, a pineapple?
Ah yes, I know what that means, this game is very intuitively designed, good job." Yeah no.

Also, I'd like to think DE has learned from the UI "upgrade" mess that less words is not better.

It's called the Exilus slot.

Yes, you can also use it for other Mods (Enemy Sense woo thank you DE).
But that's a good thing, as it gives you the freedom to choose / doesn't make it a waste for those content with their base mobility.

In my dreams, I see each ability having multiple Augments to choose from
(with those that grant bigger effects maybe having penalties sort of like Corrupted Mods).

Which would then make having "free" Augment slots (maybe one unlocked per every 5 Mastery Ranks)
on the Abilities page (not least so that the description / info on those abilities change) more or less okay,
and greatly increase the variety of build options, to even more so make your Frames your own.

I was saying in the status screen, not in the mods. You would be able to just hover on then if you forget

yeah, but since the introduction of drift mods, mostly were dropped in. SO exilus would be thing like that, but this would be just for exclusively parkour mods

until that we really need to ballance the ones we have