Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Concerning relics. (From a solo standpoint?)

TheStratovarian

Question

With capture and exterminate nerfs (and removing a good solo access point for these.)

What of the three types (Defense, Interception, Survival) left generally are easier to do solo that you've found for time constraints?

I run solo, warframe always has been that to me. I tend to do solo if at all possible, doesnt matter the type.

But any and all help on the question above would be most appreciated. Thank you, and have a good day.

Edited by TheStratovarian
Minor Fixes to way of question.

13 answers to this question

You can do defense faster than interception and survival if you have Saryn with a good all-round build, especially on Grineer maps. It's only a minute and some seconds faster at best but that's still something. Sedna defense gives nice neo and axi relics and Mars defense lith and meso.

Plains bounties can also be good for relics and you get all kinds of good stuff from them. They're pretty fast with a well-built Mesa and Itzal.

It's really going to depend on what Frames you have access to and how much you've upgraded your mods. With solo in mind, Survival requires killing things fast, Interception requires some good CC (or some really impressive speed/skill), and Defense requires something to protect the objective (either directly, or indirectly by way of CC). Of course, this all also depends on how many minutes/waves you plan to do in a single run.

Playing exclusively solo is hampering how fast and how far you can get in these missions.

Interception can be crazy fast in an organized group of 4 crowd control frames holding the points.
When solo, it turns into a nightmare of running between points trying to recapture them

Similarly, Defense with separate players dedicated to protection, damage dealing and speeding up the enemies can be faster than Survival's 5 min checkmarks.
Of course, when solo you cannot fully replicate that.

So, if you're adamant about playing alone, al that's left is Survival.
You only have to care about not dying and keeping the life support in check.
That, with proper loadout, can be done for hours, even solo.

I can do all solo generally.

Frost Prime for Defense. (I dont care to go beyond 4 or 6 item rotations usually)

Rhino Prime for Survival (need to get his Armor shed augment, but otherwise good)

Banshee Prime for Spy 

Usually Banshee Prime for interception (The silence stuns capture via effect, and radar lets me see most of the map)

Just about anything for Interception (and I would likely cheese with ivara on this for multiple runs beyond 1 or 2). I need to finish getting the extract to make the ivara parts and see about sleeping folks in a corner or on a point.

i'm mr 14 waiting to do the mr 15 test. 

I'm missing only a few frames, Limbo Prime is going up for me in two days.

Most missions are amprex, opticor, or the ring shottie aimed at triple elements.

Secondary Pyrana prime.

I can often do sortie stuff solo. (Usually Frost Prime for things. Rhino Prime on the rest)

But thank you both for replying. 

Adding rotations numbers to 3 types

12 minutes ago, TheStratovarian said:

I can do all solo generally.

The point is here, why do you insist on playing solo, while it's a coop game? Of course you are free to do that, but you're missing a lot. Especially when it comes to looting. Void Fissures for example, should be done with 4 players to max the outcome.

As for your question: survival seems to be your best bet. I do survival solo sometimes too. I solo Gabii for 5 minutes, thats efficient for credits and XP. But with a good setup you can easily last 20 minutes or more. The frame doesn't even matter that much, as long as you can keep yourself alive. I like Oberon in these types of missions. I also check the entire map for orokin cells.

But if you want to last longer, go coop.

12 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

The point is here, why do you insist on playing solo, while it's a coop game?

I don't play at the style and speed folks want to go at with groups.

I don't constantly dash jump, or glide, i walk, i explore, gather this or that. I don't care for the rush rush rush that coop is. 

So I play solo, and don't ruin other folks games. It's just with the current changes, its just hosed me with relics.

And its why I loved capture missions so much. They could be short if i wanted to do it quick, or long if i wanted to grab more of a material im low in.

Capture really was the best of both worlds for relics, and engagement of my time.

With the focus only to the three big ones of Defense/Survival/Interception, im either constantly having to be be active in scouting on the right of it, or scouring where one thing on the wave got stuck.

If i can get a good effect to time invested, then I can endure what I need to for prime parts and awful solo chances, even at the 16% chance that you have solo to get it.

51 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

You can do defense faster than interception and survival if you have Saryn with a good all-round build, especially on Grineer maps. It's only a minute and some seconds faster at best but that's still something. Sedna defense gives nice neo and axi relics and Mars defense lith and meso.

Plains bounties can also be good for relics and you get all kinds of good stuff from them. They're pretty fast with a well-built Mesa and Itzal.

Thank you. I usually use Titania on the plains for going anywhere, and the focus towards 4 for being able to get places quick. I'll have to try the ice walker styles and see how that goes. Always worth trying to see how it is at least a few times.

Still need the saryn, that one win mission is just ARGHLE! With a win but not crush. Oh well, i'll nab it soon enough.

Though I wanted to ask on that note, how do you feel the necros does with the grineer with the health focus desecrate?

Still, thank you folks for being helpful on answers and good options to try. May you get those lucky 2%'s

Adding a few notes.

4 hours ago, TheStratovarian said:

With capture and exterminate nerfs (and removing a good solo access point for these.)

What of the three types (Defense, Interception, Survival) left generally are easier to do solo that you've found for time constraints?

I run solo, warframe always has been that to me. I tend to do solo if at all possible, doesnt matter the type.

But any and all help on the question above would be most appreciated. Thank you, and have a good day.

Do you mean ensuring that you get enough enemies to spawn that get corrupted so you can crack the relic? If so, I generally have no issue with caps or exterms providing enough enemies when solo (Squad is a different issue where exterm you sometimes join too late and captures can just flat out fail to provide enough enemies).

If this is what you mean, I find spy to be reliable - can run them in 2-3 minutes solo, there are always enough enemies, and you get a relic as a reward to replace the one you crack.

Defense/survival/Interception I dislike as being slow if you have time constraints, and although defense can be fairly quick, you have to deliberately slow it down to get enough enemies to get corrupted.

EDIT TO ADD:
If you are not cracking relics, and just looking for a relic farm, then Defense, Spy, and bounties are my preferred relatively quick relic farms (not that bounties are quick, but you can target a specific relic more easily)

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

1 hour ago, TheStratovarian said:

Though I wanted to ask on that note, how do you feel the necros does with the grineer with the health focus desecrate?

If you mean Nekros' augment Despoil and health build with Health Conversion, he does okay with that in grineer maps. But if you want a tankier Nekros you should get Shield of Shadows augment and a little ability duration, like 150-200%, for the ghosts to last longer.

Arcane Guardian however is all you need in addition Vitality and Gladiator Resolve for a tanky Nekros in grineer maps. I don't know if you run with a companion or sentinel with Nekros, but both can heal you with mods, I think companion mod was Pack Leader and sentinel Medi-Ray, from Kela de Thaym in Sedna.

I haven't tested soloing with Nekros on a defense but it shouldn't be too difficult as long as you have a good weapon and some duration in your build and Despoil, so ghosts can tank enemies instead of the defense target. It works in kuva survival, although ghosts can wander around.   

12 hours ago, Shifted said:

Playing exclusively solo is hampering how fast and how far you can get in these missions.

Interception can be crazy fast in an organized group of 4 crowd control frames holding the points.
When solo, it turns into a nightmare of running between points trying to recapture them

This is not quite true.  There are some frames that solo Interception regardless of level very easily.  

11 hours ago, TheStratovarian said:

I don't play at the style and speed folks want to go at with groups.

I don't constantly dash jump, or glide, i walk, i explore, gather this or that. I don't care for the rush rush rush that coop is. 

So I play solo, and don't ruin other folks games. It's just with the current changes, its just hosed me with relics.

And its why I loved capture missions so much. They could be short if i wanted to do it quick, or long if i wanted to grab more of a material im low in. 

Capture really was the best of both worlds for relics, and engagement of my time.

These are the very reasons I mostly solo myself.  It's just more satisfying to me.