Archwing modding woes...

(PSN)ronin0510

Question

Welp, I'm stuck on the jordas golem. My mods for my archwing and archwing weapons are not enough. Namely I only have about six mods for each. I need to know where to get more mods for my archwing and what mods I should be looking for? I dont have my setup currently but I can get them later if that will help with any advice.  Thanks to anyone that can help.

12 answers to this question

I hated doing the Jordas Golem, I only had the basic weapons and archwing and just could not get him killed before he used up all my revives it sucked. I ended up getting someone to help me kill him.

BUT.

I recently decided to clean out my mods and starting with my gold mods and working my way down through all my silver ones I managed to get the electricity arch-gun mod and toxin ones which make his health go down easy even with the Imperator.

So if you can't buy them from trade chat or get help with it, you can always try burning duplicate mods in hopes of transmuting the ones you need.

You can check the wiki for drop locations, but the basic ones you get from junctions as reward, and some are end-mission rewards 

Just build like you build you normal weapons, it’s much more simpler since there aren’t alotta mods for AW stuff 

Get Velocitus arch-gun, you get its parts from syndicates and blueprint from clan dojo tenno lab. Trade your syndicate stuff for the parts or platinum and buy parts from warframe.market with that platinum. That gun is by far the fastest one to kill Jordas Golem.

Get archwing mods by first completing the hardest cetus bounty and then not exiting the plains but staying there and doing incursions, missions that pop up in random time intervals. Those give especially arch-weapon mods. You might wanna do this plains thing solo, or find help from alliance or clan. Or just buy the mods you need, they dont cost much, again from warframe.market site or trade chat.

Finally, you want Amesha for the job, the tankiest archwing. Get her health and armor mods and upgrade them as much as you can, that'll help if you die at jordas golem. If dying is not a problem, try Itzal since it's fastest. And you can use squad health and energy restores while in archwing, bind them to a handy key like F1 and F2 for fast use.

Now you will in no circumstances fail Jordas Golem.

Oh yeah, you asked where to get mods. Check warframe wiki for what mods you want and click the mod, you will find there where it drops from. Google "warframe archwing mods" and "warframe arch-gun mods" and it should be the first or the second link.

And finally a tip for the Jordas Golem fight: the boss doesn't hurt you if you're a bit far and at side from his engines, you can shoot the engines from the side. If the adds killed you, you didn't take the boss down fast enough which is not an issue with Velocitus. Melee the adds after 3-4 minutes if you can't get Velocitus, and use squad health restores and Amesha and her 1st ability as often as possible.

Edited by BoarWarrior
Forgot

5 hours ago, (PS4)ronin0510 said:

Welp, I'm stuck on the jordas golem. My mods for my archwing and archwing weapons are not enough. Namely I only have about six mods for each. I need to know where to get more mods for my archwing and what mods I should be looking for? I dont have my setup currently but I can get them later if that will help with any advice.  Thanks to anyone that can help.

If you are stuck with your trusty Odanata make sure you keep Energy Shell up at all times as shots through the shield gain 50% heat damage and crits increase by 200%. Many don't like Archwing so they don't really look into the abilities much and this can make all the difference when facing Cuddles.

8 hours ago, (PS4)ronin0510 said:

Well if u are planning on using Imperetor against Jordas Golem, then no amount mod gonna be able to help you. Get Velocitus or at least Grattler, which is very easy to get. A team of 4 Grattler can finish Jordas under 3 min. You don't even have to mod it that well, basic dmg mods, would be enough. And also use Odonata, and keep the shield always up, it grants bonus dmg just like Volt shield. and remember to fly away as soon as it emits that 360 blast.

9 hours ago, (PS4)ronin0510 said:

I need to know where to get more mods for my archwing and what mods I should be looking for?

Really there is no substitute for playing archwing missions to advance your AW gear.  I get it, archwing is terrible, but you need to suck it up and play it a little bit.  Every player should have one or two archwings with a reactor and a couple of formas and a couple of the weapons with a catalyst and a couple of formas.  And of course finding all the mods.

This protects you from scenarios like the Atlas quest or events in which DE decides to block normal game content behind AW game play.  Who knows how important AW will be to the new Rail jack mission type?  I would be worried that it will matter a lot if my AW gear sucked (but it doesn't because I put in the time).

Archwing can be tedious to level your gear and mods for. Just do it. Put on some nice space combat music and grind through it- once you have done it, you'll either hate archwing 10x more than you did before or have a new respect for it. 

Regardless, archwing is much more fun once you have choices in modding, which you won't get until you're basically finished getting everything, since archwings don't have many mods. 

You probably could make the imperator work- if you want to stick with it long term, go for the imperator vandal. Otherwise get a different arch gun. Velocitus is my favorite.

Keep odonata's 1 active at all times, as it will add to your damage. Be sure you stay alert and ready to dodge the fire explosion. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. 

Make squad with 4xCP and Mod Velocitus for Viral, post here or send me ingame your playing time, i’ll give you that Barrel and maybe more.

Edit: Tbh, Incursions are worst place to farm AW Mods they drop 1x on rot C which is after around 15min after you ended with Bounty, in that time you’re able to do min 3xMD on Salacia, Neptune and get all of most important AW Mods.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Sclerosis

If you just want to clear the mission, just ask for help, 2 more players of moderate level (or one more vet with the right mods) and corrosive projection will make it much easier to handle. 

If you want aw mods, you need to do aw missions, there is salacia on neptune and something on saturn that should get you what you need (don't run solo, you will likely get screwed) 

If you have very low rank then do the one on Mars it's easier. 

22 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Really there is no substitute for playing archwing missions to advance your AW gear.  I get it, archwing is terrible, but you need to suck it up and play it a little bit.  Every player should have one or two archwings with a reactor and a couple of formas and a couple of the weapons with a catalyst and a couple of formas.  And of course finding all the mods.

This protects you from scenarios like the Atlas quest or events in which DE decides to block normal game content behind AW game play.  Who knows how important AW will be to the new Rail jack mission type?  I would be worried that it will matter a lot if my AW gear sucked (but it doesn't because I put in the time).

i think many are just put off from the tedium involved leveling the archwing gear, even worse if they plan to forma stuff, many goto neptune/salacia for quickish level ups but it doesnt help that in this better place to grind affinity you often find your teammates scattering away from each other and running out of affinity range so they can solo some corridor miles away from the defence point so theres no shared affinity when instead they should just sit on the defence point and wait for the mobs to come and all share the juicy easy affinity.