The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] The Second Nightmare: Elite Nightmare/Boss Missions!

Makunogo

So there has been a lot of talk about people wanting basically more challenging End game ish content. So a thought occurred to me while doing an Assault Sortie.

We have nightmare Nodes that spawn in most of the planets, but why not take it up a notch.

So Here was my idea. if this ends up being exactly what trials was I'M SO SORRY. I've never done them lol*

Elite NIghtmare/Assassinate Mission: level Of Mobs Is 150 

Has Late Game Prerequisites : Unlocking ALL nodes in the System (Kuva fortress Included) and MR 15-20+ (DE discretion on that) and Having All Quests Complete - YES this locks new players out AF BUT everyone has been wanting more "ENDGAME" content and having content locked until later in your game career is pretty much what endgame is * IMO*

Entrance Cost : would be 500k credits or 5,000-10,000 Of an Untradeable Resource of your choice - by mr 20 this is a non issue since we are all farmers* this was an idea i thought of as i finished the post. You Can Only Enter Twice Per Cycle. And Clear it ONCE Per Cycle.

Side Note: personally this would be a goal for me as i still havent done all nodes ,looking at you defection maps. and creates incentive to rank up and get stuff done.

This would be a new Mission type with one on each planet *With Bosses*  It Would Also Spawn Once Every 4 hours. WITH ENEMIES ALWAYS ALERT AND LOOKING TO KILL YOU.

Consists Of ***Random*** 4 Mission Types together + assassination : Spy, defection (2 waves) ,Mobile Defense ,Sabotage, Capture, Hijack, Assassinate - which would require the previous 4 be done first 

These missions would have the same mechanics as the current nightmare missions (overshield can still be put on) possibly with the timer of 10 minutes (15 for solo because we're not all team players)  so Team/Solo Synergy will be a highly valued asset here. the cap would be 15 minutes and the timer will stop increasing (from killing mobs) once the boss fight starts. 

The Reward Pool Would Consist Of:

1. Items FROM ALL 4 mission Types in a higher quantity (probably 5-10 times the amount based on Clear Time maybe?)
  2. Base of 2k Endo + whatever you picked up.
  3. Optional Standing Pack *insert world name* (5000) able to give you 5k standing on any syndicate of your choice (limited to once per day per planet*) (only if its NIghtmare w/ assassinate)
  4. 2 Arcanes- all with an equal drop chance ( equal drop chance will be a huge incentive to play this mode). Also Because Not Everyone Can Get In The Plains and DE needs to realize that - (only if its Nightmare w/ Assassinate)
  5. Other Applicable Rewards.. ideas anyone ?

since this has such a high prerequisite the rewards should be above normal quantity/quality in my opinion. but NOT a handout.

Was this basically what trials used to be? If it is i'm so sorry LOL. Again, I never done them

Elite Mission: Operator Only

It Should Go Without Saying what this implies. Let's be real, some people are already doing this for some missions but why not have some alerts (in syndicate Menu) for this too.

Prerequisite: Have Completed The War Within And Saya's Vigil. Be Rank 3+ In The quills. MR 12-15

Lore: You are tasked with becoming one with your new Tenno body and are given the option to do missions with only your Tenno.

Mob Level : To Be Determined - If I was To Guess I Would say maybe 20-40+?

Mission Types : Capture/Exterminate/Excavation/Mobile Defense

Rewards : Cetus Wisp x5 / Operator Cosmetic(low drop rate)/Focus Gain Instead Of Affinity/Relics/ Base Quill Standing x5000 (once per day or per mission type - kinda like syndicates)

TL. DR Elite Nightmare/Boss Mode With 4 main mission types jumbled into one following the assassination of that planets boss - with extensive prerequisites for entry for a possible endgame feel.

The Elite Operator Mission Was A Last Minute Thing I Thought Of Which Is Why Its So Short*

Thx For Anyone Who Reads. Hopefully SOMEONE IN DE NOTICE ME. 

Edited by Makunogo

Thumbs up, but I feel the operator missions should be new types to play to their strengths and weaknesses.

E.G. Stealth capture: the target is alone in one room and you have to get to it, capture and extract without triggering an alarm.

Or a survival, where enemies 1-2 shot the operator, so reliance on powers and avoiding direct conflict is emphasized.

42 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

So there has been a lot of talk about people wanting basically more challenging End game ish content. So a thought occurred to me while doing an Assault Sortie.

We have nightmare Nodes that spawn in most of the planets, but why not take it up a notch.

So Here was my idea. if this ends up being exactly what trials was I'M SO SORRY. I've never done them lol*

Elite NIghtmare/Assassinate Mission: level Of Mobs Is 150 

Has Late Game Prerequisites : Unlocking ALL nodes in the System (Kuva fortress Included) and MR 15-20+ (DE discretion on that) and Having All Quests Complete - YES this locks new players out AF BUT everyone has been wanting more "ENDGAME" content and having content locked until later in your game career is pretty much what endgame is * IMO*

Entrance Cost : would be 500k credits or 5,000-10,000 Of an Untradeable Resource of your choice - by mr 20 this is a non issue since we are all farmers* this was an idea i thought of as i finished the post. You Can Only Enter Twice Per Cycle. And Clear it ONCE Per Cycle.

Side Note: personally this would be a goal for me as i still havent done all nodes ,looking at you defection maps. and creates incentive to rank up and get stuff done.

This would be a new Mission type with one on each planet *With Bosses*  It Would Also Spawn Once Every 4 hours. WITH ENEMIES ALWAYS ALERT AND LOOKING TO KILL YOU.

Consists Of ***Random*** 4 Mission Types together + assassination : Spy, defection (2 waves) ,Mobile Defense ,Sabotage, Capture, Hijack, Assassinate - which would require the previous 4 be done first 

These missions would have the same mechanics as the current nightmare missions (overshield can still be put on) possibly with the timer of 10 minutes (15 for solo because we're not all team players)  so Team/Solo Synergy will be a highly valued asset here. the cap would be 15 minutes and the timer will stop increasing (from killing mobs) once the boss fight starts. 

1. Items FROM ALL 4 mission Types in a higher quantity (probably 5-10 times the amount based on Clear Time maybe?)
  3. Optional Standing Pack *insert world name* (5000) able to give you 5k standing on any syndicate of your choice (limited to once per day per planet*) (only if its NIghtmare w/ assassinate)
  4. 2 Arcanes- all with an equal drop chance ( equal drop chance will be a huge incentive to play this mode). Also Because Not Everyone Can Get In The Plains and DE needs to realize that - (only if its Nightmare w/ Assassinate)

since this has such a high prerequisite the rewards should be above normal quantity/quality in my opinion. but NOT a handout.

Was this basically what trials used to be? If it is i'm so sorry LOL. Again, I never done them

It Should Go Without Saying what this implies. Let's be real, some people are already doing this for some missions but why not have some alerts (in syndicate Menu) for this too.

Prerequisite: Have Completed The War Within And Saya's Vigil. Be Rank 3+ In The quills. MR 12-15

Lore: You are tasked with becoming one with your new Tenno body and are given the option to do missions with only your Tenno.

Mob Level : To Be Determined - If I was To Guess I Would say maybe 20-40+?

Mission Types : Capture/Exterminate/Excavation/Mobile Defense

Rewards : Cetus Wisp x5 / Operator Cosmetic(low drop rate)/Focus Gain Instead Of Affinity/Relics/ Base Quill Standing x5000 (once per day or per mission type - kinda like syndicates)

TL. DR Elite Nightmare/Boss Mode With 4 main mission types jumbled into one following the assassination of that planets boss - with extensive prerequisites for entry for a possible endgame feel.

The Elite Operator Mission Was A Last Minute Thing I Thought Of Which Is Why Its So Short*

Thx For Anyone Who Reads. Hopefully SOMEONE IN DE NOTICE ME. 

Some great ideas there.

FYI DE are more likely to pick this up if you put it in the Feedback section. :wink:

Maybe nightmare assassination will finally make the Sergeant a threat (just kidding he's a joke regardless of level).

But yeah these are some interesting ideas and the hybrid missions one was on my mind as well. Also it would be nice to have operators only missions, and for lore sake they could do something similar to sorties and say the enemy has developed some kind of jamming device that disrupts the link between operator and frame or something.

2 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Pretty sure this should go into Fan Concepts.

i didn't even know that existed until you mentioned it >.<well i don't want to spam this thread in other places so i guess ill let them move it if they can, 

Just now, Makunogo said:

i didn't even know that existed until you mentioned it >.<well i don't want to spam this thread in other places so i guess ill let them move it if they can, 

Yeah, it kind of flies below the radar. Good ideas though, I like them.
Only possible gripe for me would be the arcane droprates. I support the idea of making them accessible, since getting decent groups as a newbie can be difficult, but a drop rate for Grace being the same as Ice is a little outrageous.

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

I just have a very hard time understanding these obsessions with specific MR's when people come up with "new" content. Higher MR doesnt mean a more experienced player, so is just a redundant forced gate to content. Many people stop pushing MR unless there is a specific item or thing they really want at a certain level. Only reason I pushed beyond 15 for instance was because I wanted more free loadout slots and a higher Void Trace cap. 

If MR was like traditional levels then sure, but as it is now, no. MR are simply optional levels that bring you squat in the end when it comes to power or capability to clear things.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just have a very hard time understanding these obsessions with specific MR's when people come up with "new" content. Higher MR doesnt mean a more experienced player, so is just a redundant forced gate to content. Many people stop pushing MR unless there is a specific item or thing they really want at a certain level. Only reason I pushed beyond 15 for instance was because I wanted more free loadout slots and a higher Void Trace cap. 

If MR was like traditional levels then sure, but as it is now, no. MR are simply optional levels that bring you squat in the end when it comes to power or capability to clear things.

because there is already content that is behind Mr. including the quests we have already 

why are you against content having a MR requirement? i never once said anything related to the experience level of the player. 

i literally bolded it "late game prerequisites" that already answers it. currently there isn't really any content that has a mr rank limit. there is nothing wrong with putting one in also by the time people are even wanting to face higher level enemies they will prob be around mr 14-20 anyway. so its not even a hindrance.

Edited by Makunogo

18 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Yeah, it kind of flies below the radar. Good ideas though, I like them.
Only possible gripe for me would be the arcane droprates. I support the idea of making them accessible, since getting decent groups as a newbie can be difficult, but a drop rate for Grace being the same as Ice is a little outrageous.

why not though ? there is already people trying to run 7x tridolons. and this would be only available once every 4 hours mind u in several nodes. perhaps equal drop rate is too much but if u think about all the arcanes available. that's still like 5% which is the same as tridolons if not less. 

this is meant to be an alternative not the main source of anything but its also meant to be challenging. remember this would be the highest level content so i think it would be terrible to have rewards that reflect that

Edited by Makunogo

56 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

LOL how can i get it moved? 

i wanted the ideas to be as little work for DE as possible so it's easier to implement honestly. well idk how coding n all that stuff works

Dunno to be honest. Best idea I have is if you spot a moderator on the forums and PM them.

You could copy n' paste it as a separate thread in Feedback. Don't think it'd get removed as spam...that tends to be for multiple identical posts in the same section AFAIK.

2 hours ago, Makunogo said:

Perfect my thought for a long while is that MR is underutilized, it can force people to get the frames and weapons and I would add that all Nodes on planets should be completed not just Kuva Fortrest. This indeed provides a type of end game content.

The rewards can be a bit tricky to figure out but it can be a upgrade from sorties so like Catalyst and Reactors instead of blueprints, 1 week boosters instead of 3 days etc. based on your writing it would be people who have reached a high mastery rank did all Kuva Fortress nodes (or all nodes in star chart with my version.) it would provide a pre end game setup, i myself think it should have content exclusive to maxed mastery. which is another discussion.

Another Exceptional Idea people dont deal with focus trees because there is know reason to, you can even provide content for operators that have unlocked all nodes for a particular school, example a Zenurik only mission(your zenurik tree must be fully unlocked to access this)

Maybe we should hold off on saying we want more "elite" modes when we literally still haven't gotten the first one and don't really know exactly what it's going to entail save for nebulous and (until it's actually released) ever changing concepts that might or might not make the cut. 

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

why not though ? there is already people trying to run 7x tridolons. and this would be only available once every 4 hours mind u in several nodes. perhaps equal drop rate is too much but if u think about all the arcanes available. that's still like 5% which is the same as tridolons if not less. 

this is meant to be an alternative not the main source of anything but its also meant to be challenging. remember this would be the highest level content so i think it would be terrible to have rewards that reflect that

While I don't believe Tridolon is particularly challenging, doing a full 5x alone is hard enough. Let alone 7x. They get more reward because, the mroe you try to squeeze in, the harder it gets in general. Doing the elite alerts doesn't require such a hard IRL focus investment, and shouldn't be rewarded as such. If people doing that kind of difficulty don't get a grace within the hour it took them to do a usually lengthy process, I don't see why random elite alerts should have any higher chance to reward it.

Instead, let it function like Trials used to function. Perhaps the first few planets reward on the tier of old LoR, then the next few are NLoR and JV. Then the very last planets will be sort of an NJV. That way, I don't just breeze through Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Phobos, and maybe Ceres and get a Grace or an Energize. Those should be obtainable from me doing the Void, Sedna, Eris, Kuva Fortress, and Pluto, lesser droprates going onto Neptune, Uranus, Lua and Saturn.

i.e.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars - LoR drops.

Ceres, Jupiter, Europa, Phobos - NLoR and/or JV drops.

Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Lua - JV and/or NJV(rates) drops.

Pluto, Eris, Sedna, Void, Kuva Fortress - JV and/or NJV(rates) drops.

In the end though, it's unlikely DE would even consider this route.

because there is already content that is behind Mr. including the quests we have already 

why are you against content having a MR requirement? i never once said anything related to the experience level of the player. 

i literally bolded it "late game prerequisites" that already answers it. currently there isn't really any content that has a mr rank limit. there is nothing wrong with putting one in also by the time people are even wanting to face higher level enemies they will prob be around mr 14-20 anyway. so its not even a hindrance.

Yeah up to MR 5.

But you neglect that the game is open ended outside of quests. People simply shouldnt get forced to grind MR to do something. The MR requirements on the star chart are just illusions really since you easily hit those MR requirements by simply following the quests and junctions while leveling the frames, weapons and pets you unlock as you go. Slapping a MR rquirment doesnt make it late game, it is just redundant and serves no purpose since there is no indication of power tied to MR.

If there was power tied to MR it would be a different story, but right now it is just a number with little meaning. It is one thing to put up gates that actually solve something, but pointless gates that really are nothing but gates for the sake of gating should not be a thing.

I disagree. it is late game because you do not get that MR early in the game.. its quite simple Lol. why does it need to be tied to anything else. I am very literal when i say something "Very late game prerequisites" 

but if that's your reasoning why don't we just remove MR requirements from everything then. 

also Rivens  start at Mr8 now and that is a recent change that made sense since the lowest mr to put one on is Mr8*. Weapons are up to Mr14. so no there is still things that are locked behind Mr. 

this being Mr15-20 gives them something else to look forward too. i really dont get why people are against it...

Edit: If we never try anything new the game will get too stagnant. also i have a feeling fortuna will have a MR requirement. 

Edited by Makunogo

7 hours ago, krekireftw said:

While I don't believe Tridolon is particularly challenging, doing a full 5x alone is hard enough. Let alone 7x. They get more reward because, the more you try to squeeze in, the harder it gets in general. Doing the elite alerts doesn't require such a hard IRL focus investment, and shouldn't be rewarded as such. If people doing that kind of difficulty don't get a grace within the hour it took them to do a usually lengthy process, I don't see why random elite alerts should have any higher chance to reward it.

Instead, let it function like Trials used to function. Perhaps the first few planets reward on the tier of old LoR, then the next few are NLoR and JV. Then the very last planets will be sort of an NJV. That way, I don't just breeze through Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Phobos, and maybe Ceres and get a Grace or an Energize. Those should be obtainable from me doing the Void, Sedna, Eris, Kuva Fortress, and Pluto, lesser drop rates going onto Neptune, Uranus, Lua and Saturn.

i.e.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars - LoR drops.

Ceres, Jupiter, Europa, Phobos - NLoR and/or JV drops.

Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Lua - JV and/or NJV(rates) drops.

Pluto, Eris, Sedna, Void, Kuva Fortress - JV and/or NJV(rates) drops.

In the end though, it's unlikely DE would even consider this route.

you forgot that i mentioned WHY the arcanes are in the reward pool. 

Arcanes are in there for QOL because not everyone can get in the plains let alone do tridolon runs forcing them to buy arcanes. 

nothing in the game is a lot of work more than it is repetitive. atm focus is easier than ever to max out we can get several ways bounds done per week. people are just lazy. 

and again this is meant to be Late game content, essentially something to do once most other things are done.

also the level of the bosses would be the same so i don't see why the reward pool should be different since there can only be one clear per planet. so if someone wants to say farm the sergeant only... let them. they still may never get the arcane they want. and there is still several other planets just as likely to drop something or not.

if you restrict drops to one area, the other areas will get played less. equal opportunity makes the content more viable. I don't wanna be grinding the same elite boss over and over because i want that energize. Let's be real. THE ONLY reason why people farm tridolons so much is for more chances at the higher tier arcanes. most people at the point of doing 5x3 tridolons anyway already have capped their way bounds if not more.

Actually ok idea, but the arcanes being equal droprates is jarring. The easiest idea and the one I think makes the most sense seeing as DE balances their rewards, would be to just have rare arcanes be just that, rare. Ice and Warmth stuff would have higher droprate, Energize and Grace the lowest.

Fixed. No need to overcomplicate things.