Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossplay with TTS for PC

(XBOX)RexPowerColter

Yo

so i thought about how crossplay could work in warframe, right now pc players get ubdates sooner than console players but if there would be 2 versions of the game, the acctual version of the game to be a ground platform for every device and TTS a space where you have unlimited playtinum and everything to try out the newest mechanics for the acctual version of the game this could work, i think once PC and Consoles are on the same level (ubdates) the game will be getting ubdated more frequently because all the ground work has been done, i feel like DE is trying to get crossplay out anyway, why would they have put the cursor into the console version of the game.

i do hope that crossplay is an idea that DE has since it could make the game more mainstream and you could play with all your friends no matter wich platform they play on 😁

53 minutes ago, (XB1)RexPowerColter said:

why would they have put the cursor into the console version of the game.

They did this so that they have more or less one UI to deal with so that they don't have to work to port updates to work with different versions of the UI.  Basically its just a way for them to streamline the update process a bit and reduce the work that they have to do.  Doesn't really have anything to do with crossplay.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)RexPowerColter said:

there would be 2 versions of the game, the acctual version of the game to be a ground platform for every device and TTS a space where you have unlimited playtinum and everything to try out the newest mechanics for the acctual version of the game this could work,

Ok...so what happens if you get gear in this new "TTS" version of the game that isn't in the base version?  Would it just never affect your actual account so that you could go back and play the base version without any hiccups?
If that is the case why would people play in this new TTS space when nothing matters and has no effect on their actual account?
And how would this work with events that DE does to introduce new mechanics?

Further, how would DE lure people into playing the new update?
After all if players aren't playing the new features how is DE going to find all the bugs?
Half the reason that DE finds the bugs is because of the sheer number of players that play the new content.
Unless there was something to lure people into playing it, then there is a rather good chance that large bugs might slip through and completely mess up everyone when it hits teh base version...which due to various factors (such as patch certification time) could take 3+ days to fix for consoles....which could leave consoles unplayable for 3+ days at a time.

A big example of this would be back when the ghouls first launched.  There was a bug that affected a decent portion of the playerbase, but not everyone, that caused the game to crash when the inbox was opened.  And the ghouls sent out a message that forced the inbox open upon loading into the game.
DE fixed that within hours on the PC because they didn't need to wait for certification or anything.

Or what about the crash during the War Within questline that was rather specific to your sentinel that you had equipped in that one sequence?
Again DE fixed this in hours...but it left players stuck in the middle of a quest that they couldn't leave, meaning that they were stuck with absolutely nothing they could do about it.

Imagine if those problems hit the base version and affected everyone and took days to fix with the game in a literally unplayable state for many, though not everyone.

The only reason those bugs were caught so quickly is how many thousands of players got the update and started playing with it.
If there was only a small group of players on the newest version then there stands a good chance that bugs like that would slip through unnoticed.

Essentially PC acts as a beta-test environment for updates because of the sheer number of players that get their hands on the new mechanics and try them out.
Having a dramatically smaller group to do that might cause more bugs to slip through to consoles.

• 1 month later...

I think may the WF team could make the updates of PC stop for a while so the consoles will have a chance to be in the same update of the PC, then the updates would start again all synchronized this would help a lot, I think(I want the crossplay so hard;-;).

Edited by (PS4)antoxon